Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

They said all decisions would be out today but at this rate idk

Members don't see this ad.

did they tell you in the interview specifically that you will be considered on dec 15?
some schools don't have meetings after the last interview date, so they don't consider those students until the next meeting...
I interviewed last week and they told us to expect a call this week for acceptance

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Someone on reddit who had an interview in early November just got a call at 3:40 cst

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted via email interviewed late September

Last edited:
Did anyone get an email that they are placed on an alternate list? Is that same as a waitlist?

Accepted call at 4:45pm CST
Interviewed Nov 18th.
Hang in there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interviewed in December, heardback anything ? Accepted? Waitlisted? Alternate?

Anyone know the difference between waitlist and alternate list? Just got an email saying they placed me on the alternate list.

Anyone know the difference between waitlist and alternate list? Just got an email saying they placed me on the alternate list.
The following is what I received after my interview:
I would call them for the alternate list if it doesn't say waitlisted
  • Acceptance: Students accepted into the program will be notified by telephone and email. All of the important acceptance documents and forms will be accessible to you via your online applicant account including the matriculation agreement and deposit submission information. Accepted students must submit the electronic matriculation agreement and $200 deposit by the specified deadline date to hold their seat in the program. Once committed, accepted students will also be able to access important information from the Office of Student Financial Services, Office of Student Services, Information Technology and other departments via their online accounts.
  • Alternate: Students placed on the alternate list will be notified by email. We encourage students placed on the alternate list to submit any new information that will enhance their credentials and competitiveness for entrance into the program, including updated transcripts, test scores, resume, letters of recommendation, etc. Please submit any new and updated information to the Office of Admissions. We do keep the alternate list active throughout the duration of the admissions cycle.
  • Denial: Students denied entrance into the program will be notified by email. Upon receipt of the email, if you are interested in re-applying for subsequent years, we would strongly encourage you to check our website for information regarding the re-application process.

The following is what I received after my interview:
I would call them for the alternate list if it doesn't say waitlisted
  • Acceptance: Students accepted into the program will be notified by telephone and email. All of the important acceptance documents and forms will be accessible to you via your online applicant account including the matriculation agreement and deposit submission information. Accepted students must submit the electronic matriculation agreement and $200 deposit by the specified deadline date to hold their seat in the program. Once committed, accepted students will also be able to access important information from the Office of Student Financial Services, Office of Student Services, Information Technology and other departments via their online accounts.
  • Alternate: Students placed on the alternate list will be notified by email. We encourage students placed on the alternate list to submit any new information that will enhance their credentials and competitiveness for entrance into the program, including updated transcripts, test scores, resume, letters of recommendation, etc. Please submit any new and updated information to the Office of Admissions. We do keep the alternate list active throughout the duration of the admissions cycle.
  • Denial: Students denied entrance into the program will be notified by email. Upon receipt of the email, if you are interested in re-applying for subsequent years, we would strongly encourage you to check our website for information regarding the re-application process.
So the alternate list is the waitlist thats what im getting from that

I got the call yall 😭😭😭 5:55 pm central time

Reactions: 11 users
Good luck everyone, this is my second time applying. The first time I didn’t get one single interview. I took a year off and better myself. This year I only got one interview and got in. Dont lose hope. Happy holidays and God bless!

Reactions: 5 users
Alternative/waitlisted over emails 3:03 pm pst oos interviewed early Nov

Just got an email saying that the admissions committee is still making admissions decisions and that I'll receive my decision tomorrow instead

Can anyone access the accepted student checklist on the midwestern portal

For anyone who is accepted, I just checked my portal and I could see the accepted students checklist.

For those who are awaiting and are waitlisted, you'll make it. This was my third cycle and second time applying to Midwestern. I am also a very non traditional student (7 years), I worked as a dental assistant, did some research, did a post bac and just recently completed my masters. Its been quite a journey but this was what's written for me and I am grateful for it. Wish you all the best and looking forward to being classmates 😊

Reactions: 3 users
So I didn’t receive a call or email (even checked spam folder) yesterday, though today I check the portal and the accepted student checklist is there. Maybe they’re still calling…?

So I didn’t receive a call or email (even checked spam folder) yesterday, though today I check the portal and the accepted student checklist is there. Maybe they’re still calling…?
I dont see the checklist.. maybe i got waitlisted

I just received an official email from admissions.

Reactions: 1 users