Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2016)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
sorry to bother you again, i really can't find a student technician application. I did however pay 40$ for a pharmacy technician application and received this:

"This is to advise "MY NAME" holds an active PHARMACY TECHNICIAN license in the state
of Illinois, license number 049.XXXXXX. This license was originally issued on March, 2012 and will expire March 31, 2013."
The said they will mail my official license within 3 weeks.
So is this it?
Thanks again.

I don't think so. Your license must say "Student Pharmacy Technician" Last time I mailed them $40 they sent my check back and told me I had to pay 20 or 25 dollars. I forget.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed 2/15 and received an acceptance 2/24. I was super impressed by the school when I went to visit and the staff, faculty, and students were incredibly welcoming in every aspect. It was definitely one of the best interview experiences I've had!

After much deliberation, however, I decided to attend another school. Hope the spot will be of use to someone else. ;) Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:
I've also decided to withdraw and give up my spot, good luck everyone :) !

Members don't see this ad :)
so i interviewed at this school today.. and i gotta say, i dont like it as much as i thought i would have.. but of course if i get in here and no where else im still going.

Are the different programs integrated in the dorms? My friend was just accepted into their DO program and i wanted to know if we would be able to live together or if i would have to live with another pharmacy student.
All the floors are mixed programs, some floors are more "pharmacy" than others but you can request to live with your friend :D

"This is to advise "MY NAME" holds an active PHARMACY TECHNICIAN license in the state
of Illinois, license number 049.XXXXXX. This license was originally issued on March, 2012 and will expire March 31, 2013."
The said they will mail my official license within 3 weeks.
So is this it?
Thanks again.
That's completely fine. Later in Winter Quarter, they'll give you instructions to get the student pharmacist tech license. This license is GOOD :thumbup:

All the floors are mixed programs, some floors are more "pharmacy" than others but you can request to live with your friend :D

That's completely fine. Later in Winter Quarter, they'll give you instructions to get the student pharmacist tech license. This license is GOOD :thumbup:

Thank you!

Paid my deposit today, looks like im attending in the fall!

I have been waitlisted recently. Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist yet this year and does anyone know of someone accepted off the waitlist in the past? Just trying to see how much hope I should really have...

I have been waitlisted recently. Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist yet this year and does anyone know of someone accepted off the waitlist in the past? Just trying to see how much hope I should really have...

i was taken off of the waitlist after a week

They've been pulling people off of the waitlist for at least a month or so now. It's hard to say what your chances are in comparison to others on the list. Based on recent years, the odds seem to be in your favor overall as I think they've run through most of the list in recent years, but a different year could always be different.

Supposedly, whenever the committee meets anyone on the waitlist could have a chance of getting accepted (at least that's what the school has told some people). If they just happen to meet the week after you're waitlisted, you could get in or maybe not. I have a friend who is currently on their waitlist. There's some people who have been on the list since the Nov/Dec time frame. Based on what I've seen I'm not sure if anyone knows 100% how they pull people off. Some say they've been told it's random but then that would mean that nothing you did after being waitlisted could help sway a decision (for example, raising your GPA a bit for the Academic Update, etc). I doubt if that could be the case so it doesn't seem logical that it could be 100% random either. Supposedly though, no preference is given to those who have been waiting longer.

Other than that I'm not sure if anyone has pieced together the exact logic of their waitlist. Also, so far there hasn't been a lot of talk in this year's thread from waitlisted people. In past years (see archive of Midwestern CCP threads), there would usually be a couple of people who would regularly ask about the waitlist or upcoming interview dates to try to stir conversation on what's going on while they were waiting. Maybe there will be more posts from waitlisters as it gets later into the cycle.

Did you contact them after you were wait listed?

Nope. Since they're wait list isn't ranked, i figured there was no way of knowing whether or not i would be accepted and when that would be.

i didn't get in touch with them but they did send me an acceptance email a week later.

Whoever Is waiting for their acceptance check ur junk/spam mail, that's what happened to me I received it in my junk mail.. Check carefully, Goodluck!

Anymore news? Are the interviews done? I'm still waiting to be pulled from the alternate list. I was pretty confident about it but now im starting to worry.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anymore news? Are the interviews done? I'm still waiting to be pulled from the alternate list. I was pretty confident about it but now im starting to worry.

They said they had interviews through April when I went to interview in Feb.

about how long after the interview should we be expecting to hear back? i just interviewed last week

I heard back exactly 1 week after being interviewed. I found out through the online.midwestern.edu website, and the official congrats letter came about 2 weeks after I interviewed. They said the admissions committee meets once a month, so it may take longer to hear back depending on when the committee met last.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I interviewed last week and just found out I have been accepted through the school website!! :D will pay the deposit by the end of the month... Is there anyone from Texas?

my spot will open up for someone soon! i got into a closer school.. hope it helps someone who really wants to go here.. midwestern seems like a great school.. i just wish i could get all of my deposit back :(

I interviewed last week and just found out I have been accepted through the school website!! :D will pay the deposit by the end of the month... Is there anyone from Texas?

I'm also from texas! thankfully it was 81 degrees in chicago when I got there for the interview last week. I haven't been accepted yet though. hopefully soon =)

Just gave up my seat

good luck to whomever gets my seat!

Hey guys, for anyone who has already submitted the required financial aid forms, has anyone gotten any response/offers/etc? I've submitted mine at the end of February, and haven't heard back since (except confirmation that I had submitted the required forms).

Hey guys, for anyone who has already submitted the required financial aid forms, has anyone gotten any response/offers/etc? I've submitted mine at the end of February, and haven't heard back since (except confirmation that I had submitted the required forms).

looking bak at the email they sent about instructions on applying for aid it said we wont hear anything till may...

question to current students, does the curriculum allow some of you or some of your classmates to have part-time jobs? maybe at least one day of the week? i'm just thinking ahead into the future, and seeing if I should start looking for a CVS to transfer to. thanks!

A lot of my classmates have part-time jobs. Some just work 4-6 hours 1 days a week. Very manageable.

I've been accepted to both Rosalind franklin and Midwestern, but am still having trouble deciding which school to choose. Any input/advice how to choose which school to attend that'd be great! :)

About living on campus (not in the apartments)... when it says there is a full size kitchen, are pots and pans included? I'm beginning to make my list of things to bring for the big move halfway across the country. I've never actually moved before and I'm afraid to bring too much because the rooms are pretty tiny. But, I also don't have the luxury of coming home and getting little things whenever I felt like it, like I did during undergrad. I guess pots and pans are really the only thing I'm wondering about, but any input would be appreciated.

About living on campus (not in the apartments)... when it says there is a full size kitchen, are pots and pans included? I'm beginning to make my list of things to bring for the big move halfway across the country. I've never actually moved before and I'm afraid to bring too much because the rooms are pretty tiny. But, I also don't have the luxury of coming home and getting little things whenever I felt like it, like I did during undergrad. I guess pots and pans are really the only thing I'm wondering about, but any input would be appreciated.

Where will you be coming from? I am coming from CA and don't know how much stuff to bring. Which dorm did you end up choosing? Moving across the country seems a little overwhelming :(. Let's hope for the best :xf:

When is the deadline to submit applications for dorm rooms?

I'm coming from Michigan ...

Where will you be coming from? I am coming from CA and don't know how much stuff to bring. Which dorm did you end up choosing? Moving across the country seems a little overwhelming :(. Let's hope for the best :xf:

I'm coming from Washington. Hoping for Redwood but it doesn't really matter as long as it's not the apartments. As of now I'm planning on bringing the basics--clothes, pots/pans/dishes if needed. Undecided if I'll bring my textbooks (right now I'm leaning towards no). Don't really know what else!

The other thing I'm thinking about is that I signed up for a 12 month lease, wondering if I should change. I did that because I thought it would be easier than moving all my stuff back home just for 3 months. I've heard how incredibly saturated the Chicago area is with pharmacists and am wondering if I would likely get an internship during the summer. I hadn't planned on staying in Chicago after graduating so it would probably benefit me more to just do a 9 month lease and come home in summer. What are you planning to do?

When is the deadline to submit applications for dorm rooms?

I'm coming from Michigan ...

I think you still have a couple months but they make priorities on a first come first serve basis.

The other thing I'm thinking about is that I signed up for a 12 month lease, wondering if I should change. I did that because I thought it would be easier than moving all my stuff back home just for 3 months. I've heard how incredibly saturated the Chicago area is with pharmacists and am wondering if I would likely get an internship during the summer. I hadn't planned on staying in Chicago after graduating so it would probably benefit me more to just do a 9 month lease and come home in summer. What are you planning to do?.

With so many new pharmacy schools opening up in the Chicago area the job market is most definitely saturated. I was planning to do a 9-months lease in the dorms and try to move back to CA for some sort of internship. I think this may be a better bet because I can only imagine how difficult/competitive it is to get an internship over the summer with so many pharmacy students trying to look for a position. Hope to meet you in the Fall ! :laugh:

Last edited:

Shoot me a PM if you want some pictures of a typical RW2 and RW1 dorm.

Pots and pans are NOT included. There is an ikea down the street of Butterfield where you can get a nice set for $10.

In terms of lease, that depends on you.

Majority of the out-of-state students will be going back to their home states because of family, friends, maybe internship with their old job sites, etc.

I have heard of students finding their part-time jobs here. So they stayed and worked during the summer. Not a bad idea considering if you're a new hire, they would want to have an employee that wont disappear for 3 months.

Full kitchens are located in Forest Lodge (traditionals) and two full kitchens in redwood basement. Communal kitchenettes on each floor of redwood (laundry and kitchenette together next to the elevator) that has a medium fridge, microwave, electric stove and a sink. Many students keep a microwave and fridge in their individual rooms.

With so many new pharmacy schools opening up in the Chicago area the job market is most definitely saturated. I was planning to do a 9-months lease in the dorms and try to move back to CA for some sort of internship. I think this may be a better bet because I can only imagine how difficult/competitive it is to get an internship over the summer with so many pharmacy students trying to look for a position. Hope to meet you in the Fall ! :laugh:

Good plan, except I've heard that Ca is also pretty saturated (though its probably more dependent on specific location).

Just withdrew my seat so that should open up a spot for someone! I really did like the school, but it was too far from my house and not close enough to Chicago! Good luck everyone!!! :)

Just got my acceptance email :) Interviewed April 4! Wondering who else in my batch got accepted too!

Just got off the waitlist! I've been waiting forever so I'm soooo happy:soexcited:

I have a question about experience/internships and such...

Since Midwestern starts us on the retail rotations in the winter of our first year, is it necessary/recommended to try and get an additional (independent from MWU) position in a retail pharmacy? I ask this because I'm currently working at a Target (non-pharmacy position, but occasionally worked in the pharmacy, since I'm a certified tech), and I want to know if its feasible to try transfer into any kind of pharmacy position (tech, assistant, intern, etc) at a different Target.

I have a question about experience/internships and such...

Since Midwestern starts us on the retail rotations in the winter of our first year, is it necessary/recommended to try and get an additional (independent from MWU) position in a retail pharmacy? I ask this because I'm currently working at a Target (non-pharmacy position, but occasionally worked in the pharmacy, since I'm a certified tech), and I want to know if its feasible to try transfer into any kind of pharmacy position (tech, assistant, intern, etc) at a different Target.
Yes, if you work at any of the major chains (Safeway/Vons/Dominicks, Ralphs/Food4Less, Target, Walgreens, CVS, Costco), please feel free to transfer your employment over here!

Not limited to community/retail, but if you want a job at the local hospitals, go for it!

I've done a few shadowing opportunities and all the mentors have strongly advised "GET A JOB"
Just observing my friends, it is very feasible to have a part-time job while in school.

I was also accepted from the 4/4 interview day. I'm looking for housing, roommates, etc