Michigan State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS rejected

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS interview invite. I have some acceptances and interviews at other schools so I’m going to politely decline. Hopefully helps someone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
OOS alternate MMI, does anybody know roughly what number they get to each year?

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS rejection :( praying things go well with my in-state school. Good luck to everyone who has an interview!

• Care
OOS interview!!! I can’t believe it!!! My third application cycle and FIRST interview!!!! I’m over the moon

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
OOS rejection. Good luck to all who are interviewing!

• Care
OOS interview invite! Super nervous about the MMI format though lol

Reactions: 3 users
OOS rejected. Super bummed :/ Good luck to everyone 💚

• Care
Non-trad OOS interview invite!

• Care
OOS interview invite! Have interviewed at my IS school, and will hear back from that school before MSU interviews, but did accept the interview in case things don't work out!

Reactions: 2 users
OOS alternate here, does anyone know how long the alternate list tends to be and how many are typically chosen to interview from the alternate list?

Have they done interview alternates in the past?
I don’t remember if they did last year. I can say I was on Kansas waitlist for an interview and was never pulled off. I took it as a soft rejection.

I don’t remember if they did last year. I can say I was on Kansas waitlist for an interview and was never pulled off. I took it as a soft rejection.
They didn't have an interview waitlist, but last year was super delayed and even some of our classmates interviewed after the April deadline to enroll.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS interview! I got an interview last year as well, then was waitlisted. So hopefully better luck this year!!! Was fairly low on waitlist but they were so behind that it barely moved. Good luck everyone!!

This is my second cycle applying to schools and the only one who offered me an interview! I am so glad they are taking a chance on me and giving me the opportunity to show what I have to offer the profession! How are all of you preping? I have read about MMI interviews, but I am looking for tips to practice.

OOS interview. Was waitlisted during the 2021 cycle, maybe this will be the time!

Congrats to those who received interviews and to those that did not, please keep your head up!

While I can’t say anything about the interview, I was also nervous about the MMI format. I highly recommend looking up the format and tips!

I found that MSU was probably one of my favorite interviews I participated in last year! Unless they change things, you’re either in or waitlisted at this point.

Good luck! Excited to hopefully have some of you at MSU next year!

• Love
On the other hand, I hated my MSU interview last year and called my mom after saying there was no way I got in.

The MMI was a thing I was prepared for, but some of the questions I was not prepared for. So having the ability to think quick on your feet and staying calm under pressure will help big time!

On the other hand, I hated my MSU interview last year and called my mom after saying there was no way I got in.

The MMI was a thing I was prepared for, but some of the questions I was not prepared for. So having the ability to think quick on your feet and staying calm under pressure will help big time!
How was the format if you don’t mind me asking? I only did one mmi interview but this one is in group so im not sure what to expect… how many stations are there? Are we all supposed to answer the question?

How was the format if you don’t mind me asking? I only did one mmi interview but this one is in group so im not sure what to expect… how many stations are there? Are we all supposed to answer the question?
It’s individual so it was one on one with 7 ish stations. You had 6 minutes to answer the question and any follow up questions the interviewer asked.

I know last years process was abnormal, but I’m kind of confused about the numbers. On their website it says that there were 213 OOS interviews and 107 were offered seats. However, people on Facebook were saying that they were #190+ on the waitlist. How is that possible?

This is my second cycle applying to schools and the only one who offered me an interview! I am so glad they are taking a chance on me and giving me the opportunity to show what I have to offer the profession! How are all of you preping? I have read about MMI interviews, but I am looking for tips to practice.
Hi! This is the only school that offered me an interview too! I’m going through online MMI questions and familiarizing myself with vet med topics I’m not up to date on, as well as Michigan State itself. Also making sure I’m familiar with my application and the research I’ve done should any of the questions be more application specific.

I know last years process was abnormal, but I’m kind of confused about the numbers. On their website it says that there were 213 OOS interviews and 107 were offered seats. However, people on Facebook were saying that they were #190+ on the waitlist. How is that possible?
Because at MSU once you interview you essentially are either waitlisted or accepted. So 107 people were offered a seat but only 62 people accepted and were admitted into the class.

Because at MSU once you interview you essentially are either waitlisted or accepted. So 107 people were offered a seat but only 62 people accepted and were admitted into the class.
Yes that makes sense to me! I mean I don’t understand how the waitlist was supposedly so long. If only 213 were interviewed and 107 were offered, wouldn’t the waitlist have only been 107 people long? Ie the remainder of those that interviewed but were not initially offered a spot?

Yes that makes sense to me! I mean I don’t understand how the waitlist was supposedly so long. If only 213 were interviewed and 107 were offered, wouldn’t the waitlist have only been 107 people long? Ie the remainder of those that interviewed but were not initially offered a spot?
I guess the 107 that were offered a spot include those who were previously on the waitlist but eventually got pulled off the list. So the waitlist could be bigger than 107.

I just now received an MMI invite from MSU. I was number 4 on the waitlist. Wow!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users