Michigan State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS and I also just got the update email.

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email back in October that said my application was verified and it also said that for IS applicants they would hear back at the end of November for file reviews and for OOS it would be the end of December.
I got the same email on 10/30. Probably just starting to roll out on IS applicant file review emails!

Reactions: 1 user
This is what I got on 10/30. It says that IS will hear at the end of Nov and OOS will hear end of December. So you IS people hearing now makes sense.

Attachments

• Screenshot (61).png
    Screenshot (61).png
    272.7 KB · Views: 143
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a friend who is OOS and heard tonight lol, but true on the particular message you're referring too.
Do you know if the interview invite timeline from their email was the same as the IS one posted here?

so should I be concerned if I didn't get an email today? (I'm OOS)

one person said "OS" which I suspect was a typo and they meant IS but not sure.

I am OOS and received the email today. My last name also starts with A, maybe it’s alphabetical order? Obviously not positive about that though

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I received the “did not meet academic requirements” email last night when I was 100% confident I did. I called admissions today and there was a mistake made that was not caught and would have disqualified me. They were very gracious and since they calculate their own GPAs, mistakes naturally happen. So if you’re in a similar position don’t hesitate to contact them! You know your application better than anyone :)

Reactions: 2 users
My last name is within the first few letters and I haven’t heard anything either (OOS)

last name C havent heard anything yet. what exactly does moving to file review mean lol? waiting to hear for an interview invite?

last name C havent heard anything yet. what exactly does moving to file review mean lol? waiting to hear for an interview invite?
It means that you met the min. academic requirements, and now they will splice hairs to determine who will get an interview. Based on last years stats, IS had a 42% chance to get an interview, and a 21% chance to be accepted. OOS had a 13% chance to get an interview, and 4% chance of being accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone else plan to apply for the dual degree PhD? I’m curious about the processes for applying. The website states that the PhD apps are usually due in January, but we can’t apply until we’ve been offered an interview.

I also understand that in the past IS interview invites have gone out before OOS. I’m OOS and since no interview invites have gone out yet I’m getting a little bit nervous about the turn around time.

Just received interview invite. IS !

Does anyone know if IS and OOS invites go out the same day?

Historically, IS goes out first. I’m OOS aaaand haven’t heard anything yet :)
Same day or different days? Just wondering if I know need to be stalking my email

Same day or different days? Just wondering if I know need to be stalking my email
From what I’ve seen we might not be hearing anything until January. I’ll probably be glancing at my email but not full blown stalking yet lol

My email last year stated IS will hear mid December and OOS will hear mid January. But that was last years schedule.

(sorry if this is a dumb question but I forgot ... 😅) Does Michigan interview out-of-state applicants? Or are they just given an acceptance/denial/waitlist?

(sorry if this is a dumb question but I forgot ... ) Does Michigan interview out-of-state applicants? Or are they just given an acceptance/denial/waitlist?

I am OOS and was told I’d receive an interview invite or denial by 12/22

I am OOS and was told I’d receive an interview invite or denial by 12/22
I’m OOS as well and never got the follow-up email about application status, I know I definitely met the minimums to apply but it has me on edge that I didn’t get that email.

Does anyone else plan to apply for the dual degree PhD? I’m curious about the processes for applying. The website states that the PhD apps are usually due in January, but we can’t apply until we’ve been offered an interview.

I also understand that in the past IS interview invites have gone out before OOS. I’m OOS and since no interview invites have gone out yet I’m getting a little bit nervous about the turn around time.

I am a current first year in the dual program (DVM-PhD), feel free to reach out

I’m OOS as well and never got the follow-up email about application status, I know I definitely met the minimums to apply but it has me on edge that I didn’t get that email.
Same, I never got it either. Last email said my app was undergoing academic review and that I'd know if it moved on to file review by the end of Dec.

Same, I never got it either. Last email said my app was undergoing academic review and that I'd know if it moved on to file review by the end of Dec.

Same here OOS, I know I passed the academic cutoff but still havent heard anything beyond. last email saying my application will go undew academic review

Same here OOS, I know I passed the academic cutoff but still havent heard anything beyond. last email saying my application will go undew academic review

I thought I had read somewhere on the website they will be emailing between Dec-Jan but I could be wrong

Second time OOS applicant! I also received an email saying that my application was verified. Fingers crossed everybody!

When were the verified emails sent out? I don't think I ever received one!

Hi Guys! I got my verified email in October but I never heard anything back but I know people are getting interviews. Are they sending stuff in waves or ?

The level of staggering on these file review emails is lowkey stressful, OOS and haven’t heard anything since October either

Hi Guys! I got my verified email in October but I never heard anything back but I know people are getting interviews. Are they sending stuff in waves or ?
I think it’s just IS that’s received interviews so far

As an IS MSU undergrad/current graduate student, MSU CVM is struggling in terms of faculty. The Larry Nassar and Mel Tucker court cases have dramatically affected the funding available to all departments, and there is a significant faculty shortage at the CVM. Depending on who you speak to, many GP veterinarians refrain from sending referrals to MSU because of the cost and disorganization.

I really hope they get these things figured out, but I know they struggle every year with finding reviewers.
As a current student, I can reassure you that the CVM is working diligently to fill all open roles. I get emails every day about the interviews and candidates they have decided to try to pursue to come to the CVM.

Please try to remember the shortage of vets puts a strain on our schools not just MSU. There are only so many boarded vets in the world, so the process takes a while.

As a current student, I can reassure you that the CVM is working diligently to fill all open roles. I get emails every day about the interviews and candidates they have decided to try to pursue to come to the CVM.

Please try to remember the shortage of vets puts a strain on our schools not just MSU. There are only so many boarded vets in the world, so the process takes a while.

@annat009

also a current student. while nassar and tucker have certainly put MSU under a microscope, the issues mentioned here (faculty shortage, funding, cost of services etc.) is an issue across the board at many veterinary schools. not only is this the nature of academia, but academia has also failed for the most part to keep up with the salaries offered in private practice and in industry. this is a problem everywhere. MSU is not an exception.

@annat009

also a current student. while nassar and tucker have certainly put MSU under a microscope, the issues mentioned here (faculty shortage, funding, cost of services etc.) is an issue across the board at many veterinary schools. not only is this the nature of academia, but academia has also failed for the most part to keep up with the salaries offered in private practice and in industry. this is a problem everywhere. MSU is not an exception.

Thanks for the insight! I was just feeling very discouraged after some particular conversations with some MSUCVM alumni. But they're obviously pretty removed from the situation at this point.

Finally got the notice my application has moved to file review

Just got the notification that my application has been sent to file review too haha. Now for another month of waiting 🥲

I got a notice saying I didn’t have the general biology and biochemistry 1 requirements. I was a bio major and had 9 biochem credits?!?! Does anyone know if they would look over my application if I contacted them?! I’m freaking out because I know I have the prerequisites