Mercer University's Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still no news from Mercer. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Recieved my packet today. It didn't take two weeks (go the call last Monday afternoon). Really excited to get started!

ME TOO! I can't stop thinking about it... like how excited I am to start classes, and what organizations I want to join, etc... I'm such a nerd. lol I received my package last week and I live really far (830 miles away)... so I was pleasantly surprised it came so quickly.

I got the call on Wednesday, and i got the packet on saturday. I hope to send back by Wednesday.

ME TOO! I can't stop thinking about it... like how excited I am to start classes, and what organizations I want to join, etc... I'm such a nerd. lol I received my package last week and I live really far (830 miles away)... so I was pleasantly surprised it came so quickly.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call on Wednesday, and i got the packet on saturday. I hope to send back by Wednesday.

I'm glad that everyone is receiving their packet so soon! LOL - maybe mine just took a detour before it arrived! :p

Anyone handled their vaccinations yet?

I'm glad that everyone is receiving their packet so soon! LOL - maybe mine just took a detour before it arrived! :p

Anyone handled their vaccinations yet?

I have most of my vaccinations from undergrad I think, but I'm not sure exactly which additional ones I need. I have the list, but I just need to figure out which ones I've already gotten. I know for sure I'm one of the lucky fellows who needs the need chicken pox vaccination. :( lol

I was tested for TB, Chicken Pox, etc when I volunteered at the hospital, and I had to sign a waiver saying that I was declining the vaccination even though I've never had it, but now in retrospect I should have gotten it out of the way. lol

I just got my interview invite!!!! I have it on April 9th!! I'm so excited!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My mom couldn't find my records and I have been to undergrad and vet school and unfortunately neither school still has my records. (SUCKS) so I had to get the titers. Found out I evidently didn't have Hep B (now I will have to get the series which is 3 shots at $55 each:mad:). The titers cost me $183, TB test $15 and luckily the health dept has me having the polio vaccine. So I am about to be out of a lot of unexpected money.

I had an interview on Feb. 5th, but still no answer from Mercer.
The assistant said it was mailed on last week but I don't see why
it hasn't arrived yet....
it's been more than a month, and I'm desperately waiting to get it.
Is there anyone who had interviewed on the same day as I had and got the letter??

I had an interview on Feb. 5th, but still no answer from Mercer.
The assistant said it was mailed on last week but I don't see why
it hasn't arrived yet....
it's been more than a month, and I'm desperately waiting to get it.
Is there anyone who had interviewed on the same day as I had and got the letter??

Sorry to say, but I think this means you will either be put on the wait list or rejected. From what I understand everyone accepted received a phone call after the admission committee met. Could be wrong though as I have nothing but observations on this site to base this off of.

Sorry to say, but I think this means you will either be put on the wait list or rejected. From what I understand everyone accepted received a phone call after the admission committee met. Could be wrong though as I have nothing but observations on this site to base this off of.

What if you just got an interview recently?

I think he is just saying if they are mailing you something after your interview then that is probably what it means. The dean of admissions said they aren't meeting since this past interview until the end of march so that'll be a while until you hear anything probably if you were in that group.

Hey, did the adcom ask to see another PCAT score before extending an invite to you?

They received all my apps and then they sent me an email saying that they received it and will evaluate it and a decision should be made (they would also let me know) in 2-3 weeks. In that second week, my January PCAT scores came in so I'm guessing they looked at that too when it showed up on PharmCAS. But, they never asked to see another PCAT score though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get an April 23rd interview invite?

Most waitlisted students are sent an email stating that...I haven't heard anyone get that response by mail during this cycle.

my interview is on 30th. I wonder why they had to give me such far away date! By the way, I found out that PharmCAS did not send my fall transcript to them.
The who process is just freaking me out!
I'm really scared!

my interview is on 30th. I wonder why they had to give me such far away date! By the way, I found out that PharmCAS did not send my fall transcript to them.
The who process is just freaking me out!
I'm really scared!

I mean April 30th

I just found out yesterday that I got an interview for Apr. 9th :) I'm coming from Cali but originally from Marietta Georgia so it's great to come back to the ATL.

Were you guys late on submitting your applications as well? My first PCAT was Jan, so I wasn't reviewed until early March. These interviews seem so late and then I looked at their stats on Pharmcas, over 400 interviews and 150 accepted. Seems like an interview fest, not sure if I should invest the $500+

Were you guys late on submitting your applications as well? My first PCAT was Jan, so I wasn't reviewed until early March. These interviews seem so late and then I looked at their stats on Pharmcas, over 400 interviews and 150 accepted. Seems like an interview fest, not sure if I should invest the $500+

Yes I was late on submitting my applications. I submitted my application on 01/21 and I also took the Jan PCAT as well.

I just found out yesterday that I got an interview for Apr. 9th :) I'm coming from Cali but originally from Marietta Georgia so it's great to come back to the ATL.

maybe I'd email them and ask them from a change in date. I'm coming from Maryland, so it would be a easier to travel that distance during spring break.

does anyone know how many seats are left? I have the April interview and i'm curious to know if I should still go if there aren't many seats left.

I think ~150 is the total number for the P1 class... I'm pretty sure they accept a little more people than that to account for those students who chose to go to a different school. I would definitely go to the interview. Mercer gets a lot of applications which is probably why they interview 400 students, but that really isn't that much. Most schools interview around that many... and if you get an interview you have already made the biggest cut in my opinion since they get so many applications to begin with. They must see something in you academically if they offer you an interview. I wouldn't be discouraged by the numbers. Just go to the interview with lots of questions and show that you genuinely want to be there.

The deadline for the tuition deposit is soon, so whoever declines their spot will be dropped and more seats will open up.

I need other people's opinion. I am contemplating asking them to reschedule my interview to April 9th, since it appears they still have spaces the. I am worried April 30 may be too far, maybe all the spaces might be filled up by then. But I also heard they meet once a month, I don't know if its at the month end or middle. plus my spring break is around april 9. If anyone has any relevant info, I'm interested. Thanks

Has anyone received an interview for April 9th?

I just got mine! It was originally for May 14th but I called (after consulting with my organic professor) and asked if it was possible to be moved to an earlier date because I have already been accepted to South University and a May 14th interview plus wait time afterwards would be pushing it since classes for South begin in June! I am way excited to interview with Mercer as they are my first choice!

I just got mine! It was originally for May 14th but I called (after consulting with my organic professor) and asked if it was possible to be moved to an earlier date because I have already been accepted to South University and a May 14th interview plus wait time afterwards would be pushing it since classes for South begin in June! I am way excited to interview with Mercer as they are my first choice!

Good luck!!! :D

I just found out I might be staying in an hotel the night before the interview! I am really worried because I've never been to Atlanta and I'm not bringing a car(from Maryland). Does anyone know of a good hotel and how I can get to Mercer from there (p.s I can't rent a car because I'm 20!). Any good advise would be appreciated. thanks and goodluck to everyone.

I stayed at the holiday inn right by campus. I can look up which one exactly for ya. From MD, too :) It has a free shuttle that can take you anywhere within a 10 mile or so radius.. and Mercer falls in that range. Just let them know at the front desk what time you'll need it.

Edit: Atlanta Holiday Inn - Doraville
2001 Clearview Avenue, Atlanta, GA‎ - (770) 455-3700‎

The hotel was alright, nothing special, but it wasn't too expensive.

I stayed at the holiday inn right by campus. I can look up which one exactly for ya. From MD, too :) It has a free shuttle that can take you anywhere within a 10 mile or so radius.. and Mercer falls in that range. Just let them know at the front desk what time you'll need it.

Edit: Atlanta Holiday Inn - Doraville
2001 Clearview Avenue, Atlanta, GA‎ - (770) 455-3700‎

The hotel was alright, nothing special, but it wasn't too expensive.

Thanks so much, I'm relieved to know that. Did you take a cab from the Airport to the hotel? and how far is it.

Thanks so much, I'm relieved to know that. Did you take a cab from the Airport to the hotel? and how far is it.

Which airport are you flying into? It is really close to Peachtree but not the big international one. If you are flying into the major airport I don't have great advice actually. Someone that flew into there would probably have a better idea. I had my car down there because I drove from NC. I asked about the shuttle though and took it to the MARTA station the night before.

You could always use Google Maps or MapQuest for how to get there from the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. That's what I used for the drive there to visit the campus and I didn't get lost. I only live 3.5 hrs away so I didn't fly.

You could always use Google Maps or MapQuest for how to get there from the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. That's what I used for the drive there to visit the campus and I didn't get lost. I only live 3.5 hrs away so I didn't fly.

yes, but unfortunately, I'm not driving. so maps would probably not be useful to me. I guess my only option is cab!
@ Uncbiograd, I've been trying to get a flight to the Peachtree airport but I just cant find, seems not many airlines go there!

yes, but unfortunately, I'm not driving. so maps would probably not be useful to me. I guess my only option is cab!
@ Uncbiograd, I've been trying to get a flight to the Peachtree airport but I just cant find, seems not many airlines go there!

I meant to write this last night but I had to go before I could finish! lol

I live in south Florida so I flew from Miami International to Hartsfield, which is about 30 minutes south of the school I believe. We took a van/shuttle (my mom insisted on coming with me even though I will be 23 in May) which was about 50 dollars from the airport to the hotel. I think it is about 35-50 per person, but since we were together he gave us a discount? I know it is kind of expensive, but I think the shuttle might be the best bet. We also took the shuttle back to the airport for another 50 dollars. Other than that, we stayed at the DoubleTree on La Vista (I think that is the name of the street). It's in Tucker, Ga about 10 minutes from campus. It was one of the hotels recommended and it was nice (free breakfast, a restaurant/tavern in the hotel, etc) and it was about 80 dollars for the night I think. The free shuttle from the hotel took me to the interview which was nice, but they got lost on the way to pick me up so I stood outside from 4 until almost 6 o clock in a skirt suit and 45 degree weather. It was kind of embarassing because everyone got out of class and was walking to their cars. lol So yeah... just make sure you give them good directions on how to find the admissions and student services building when they come pick you up. Also, try and study the map of campus so you know where to get dropped off because I told them to take me to the north entrance but they went through the south and I had to try and find the building myself. I think that pretty much covers everything... I'm not sure if the interview is at the same time, but also make sure you take traffic into consideration because Atlanta has bad traffic. I booked my flight back to Miami for 10pm because it was Friday 5 o clock rush hour when I took the shuttle back to the airport. I got there with enough time to relax and go through security, get dinner, etc.

I got the SAME email from Mercer again today.

Thank you for submitting an application to our Doctor of Pharmacy Program.

Your academic record has been evaluated. The Admissions Committee has requested additional time to review your file. I can assure you that your application is being given careful consideration. We will notify you when the Committee decides to take further action.

This is my second time receiving this email already! Geez, I am getting impatient lol

I meant to write this last night but I had to go before I could finish! lol

I live in south Florida so I flew from Miami International to Hartsfield, which is about 30 minutes south of the school I believe. We took a van/shuttle (my mom insisted on coming with me even though I will be 23 in May) which was about 50 dollars from the airport to the hotel. I think it is about 35-50 per person, but since we were together he gave us a discount? I know it is kind of expensive, but I think the shuttle might be the best bet. We also took the shuttle back to the airport for another 50 dollars. Other than that, we stayed at the DoubleTree on La Vista (I think that is the name of the street). It's in Tucker, Ga about 10 minutes from campus. It was one of the hotels recommended and it was nice (free breakfast, a restaurant/tavern in the hotel, etc) and it was about 80 dollars for the night I think. The free shuttle from the hotel took me to the interview which was nice, but they got lost on the way to pick me up so I stood outside from 4 until almost 6 o clock in a skirt suit and 45 degree weather. It was kind of embarassing because everyone got out of class and was walking to their cars. lol So yeah... just make sure you give them good directions on how to find the admissions and student services building when they come pick you up. Also, try and study the map of campus so you know where to get dropped off because I told them to take me to the north entrance but they went through the south and I had to try and find the building myself. I think that pretty much covers everything... I'm not sure if the interview is at the same time, but also make sure you take traffic into consideration because Atlanta has bad traffic. I booked my flight back to Miami for 10pm because it was Friday 5 o clock rush hour when I took the shuttle back to the airport. I got there with enough time to relax and go through security, get dinner, etc.

thanks Tinkerbell. That was helpful

I got the SAME email from Mercer again today.

Thank you for submitting an application to our Doctor of Pharmacy Program.

Your academic record has been evaluated. The Admissions Committee has requested additional time to review your file. I can assure you that your application is being given careful consideration. We will notify you when the Committee decides to take further action.

This is my second time receiving this email already! Geez, I am getting impatient lol

Have you gotten an interview yet? I got the email 2 weeks ago that said they would notify me in 2-3 weeks of an admissions decision. I may be getting the same email that you got next week :-( I hope not though. :xf:

Have you gotten an interview yet? I got the email 2 weeks ago that said they would notify me in 2-3 weeks of an admissions decision. I may be getting the same email that you got next week :-( I hope not though. :xf:

I submitted everything back in AUGUST! I got that email saying 2-3 weeks also. But now months later, this is the second time I am getting that email...

On Wednesday I was e-mailed with an invitation to interview on May 14th! That feels like so far away. I asked the lady to inform me if I could go any earlier. I don't think I can wait that long lol :confused:

On Wednesday I was e-mailed with an invitation to interview on May 14th! That feels like so far away. I asked the lady to inform me if I could go any earlier. I don't think I can wait that long lol :confused:

If you can't get it pushed earlier I would still definitely go. Mercer is very efficient/quick about getting back to their applicants. If you are waitlisted you still have a very good chance I think, because some people might not submit their second deposit and then spots will open up. I came from Miami too and I loved it there :)

If you can't get it pushed earlier I would still definitely go. Mercer is very efficient/quick about getting back to their applicants. If you are waitlisted you still have a very good chance I think, because some people might not submit their second deposit and then spots will open up. I came from Miami too and I loved it there :)

I looked at the area surrounding the campus on google street view and it seemed barren and brown. Does it look much better in person?

I submitted everything back in AUGUST! I got that email saying 2-3 weeks also. But now months later, this is the second time I am getting that email...

:( oh. Well good luck! Have you called them?

I looked at the area surrounding the campus on google street view and it seemed barren and brown. Does it look much better in person?

I think that's basically what the surrounding area is like. Nothing special, but just knowing you are so close to Atlanta makes me think location is a positive at Mercer. I'm spoiled when it comes to campuses/campus towns though.

Well I actually really dislikeMiami (I'm from down here in south Florida) so I guess I'm not a reliable source because I will say that pine trees are better than palm trees. LOL

I thought the campus was beautiful, but then again it is different than what I am used to (I went to UM with lots of flat grass, palm trees, flat land, NO brick buildings), so I like how Mercer looks more like a college to me. I also like the big trees, etc.

I love Atlanta too and I like the fact that Mercer is a little outside of the city, so you can relax at home and study peacefully, but then you can go to the city on the weekend and there is a lot of culture and stuff that you wouldn't find in a traditional small "college" town.

If you are from someplace else, you might not feel excited about the scenery, but it's so different for me that I like it.

Not to mention the fact that EVERYONE is WAY nicer than they are here in south Florida. People here are infamous for being unfriendly. lol