Mercer University's Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for the link. Really helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody knows when next the Adcom is meeting? please

Members don't see this ad :)
My guess would be after the last round of interviews, so toward the end of the month?

I'm so hoping not. Seriously, I hope its this week cos this waitlist thing is freaking me out

i emailed mercer and they said the next and last meeting is may 17th. they will decide who will fill the last spots and also create the alternate list. I would assume we'd hear something that day or the next day.

I'm so hoping not. Seriously, I hope its this week cos this waitlist thing is freaking me out

i emailed mercer and they said the next and last meeting is may 17th. they will decide who will fill the last spots and also create the alternate list. I would assume we'd hear something that day or the next day.

Does anybody have any idea what the difference between a wait list and an alternate list is in this case? It seems like the people who did not get accepted right after the interview got wait listed. So, does that mean they will start rejecting some waitlisters and determine a more specific waitlist (or in this case an "alternate list")? I'm getting very nervous! :(

Does anybody have any idea what the difference between a wait list and an alternate list is in this case? It seems like the people who did not get accepted right after the interview got wait listed. So, does that mean they will start rejecting some waitlisters and determine a more specific waitlist (or in this case an "alternate list")? I'm getting very nervous! :(

from my understanding the waitlist is what they assign you to before they have filled all the slots - because there are still open slots to give acceptances to people, you still have a chance of being accepted and are thus "waiting." on may 17th is when they will meet and accept the last people to fill all the slots. they will also make an alternate list at this time so if for some reason some of the people that were accepted turn their slot down, the admissions committee can pull people from the alternate list to replace the slot.

I'm getting so impatient, i need to register for summer classes so I need to know if Mercer is accepting me.
BTW, anyone else on waitlist? or am I the only one...

Last edited:
Today is 17th and the day is almost over. Anybody hear anything yet? Guess I'm getting scared now!

I haven't heard anything - maybe they met today and will call tomorrow? They usually call on Tuesdays - from the posts I've read in the past....who knows....

Today is 17th and the day is almost over. Anybody hear anything yet? Guess I'm getting scared now!

From personal experience, you may want to hang tight until after 4pm when they are about to leave the office I presume.

Members don't see this ad :)
Attended April 30 interview..got an email today stating I'm on the alternate list :(

Got my alternate list status via email today as well.....

Alternate list!!! This was what I was afraid of OMG!
I'm really doubting anyone would give up their space!
The sad thing is I've been offered admission at a school I DO NOT WANT TO GO! and now I may have to just go there.

Last edited:
Try to stay optimistic guys... there is another tuition deposit due in less than 2 weeks, so any time a student does not submit their deposit I'm assuming more spots will open up. If the last interview session has already occurred, then I'm guessing they will soon start taking people off of the alternate list.

Alternate list!!! This was what I was afraid of OMG!
I'm really doubting anyone would give up their space!
The sad thing is I've been offered admission at a school I DO NOT WANT TO GO! and now I may have to just go there.

OMG, you should be happy that you got accepted into another school!
Other people's situation is a lot worst; so be happy. Congrats on your acceptance! :)

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting to get accepted. Hopefully, some spots will open up and we'll all get accepted into Mercer! I'm really looking forward to going to Mercer!

OMG, you should be happy that you got accepted into another school!
Other people's situation is a lot worst; so be happy. Congrats on your acceptance! :)

the school I got into wants me to take 4 electives during summer (I also have to take orgo 2) amd I've heard some not-so -good things about the school. But thanks anyways, you are right.

I've lurked here for a little while now but figured I would finally chime in. I interviewed on April 30 and got an acceptance call yesterday. I'm pretty sure I'm going to accept but I've got a few options to weigh. Best of luck to those on the waiting list.

I've lurked here for a little while now but figured I would finally chime in. I interviewed on April 30 and got an acceptance call yesterday. I'm pretty sure I'm going to accept but I've got a few options to weigh. Best of luck to those on the waiting list.

congrats. you are lucky.

Does anybody happen to know if there was movement on the Alternate List last year? :(

the school I got into wants me to take 4 electives during summer (I also have to take orgo 2) amd I've heard some not-so -good things about the school. But thanks anyways, you are right.

Ah, I would enroll and take them now. Don't risk losing your spot by waiting for another school.

Does anybody happen to know if there was movement on the Alternate List last year? :(

The student that interviewed me said that she was on the alternate list from October all the way until June so they definitely have people moving on the list, especially after June 1, as that is when the second deposit is due.

Hello Everyone...
I am new on here (SDN.com) and I wanted to find out how to get to know some accepted students for the Class of 2014. I just got accepted and was thrilled because I love Atlanta and lived here when I went to Emory. Eventually, I went back home to San Diego for a couple of years...and now I am making the transition back!!

Here are a few opening questions:
*Is there an official group for our class on facebook?
*Anyone staying in the dorms or moving off campus? (I'm struggling with this one!)
*Anyone from Emory or San Diego?

Just a couple of starter questions...thanks!

By the way...those who are on the waitlist...we have until June 1st to put down a deposit. After that, spots will open up. Dont think everyone gets accepted right away...I spoke to a lot of pharmacists who were on the waitlist to their schools..don't give up! :)

Aww...I miss Emory. Thank you so much for the congrats! I hope you get in too!! Let me know if you have any questions!

Hello Everyone...
I am new on here (SDN.com) and I wanted to find out how to get to know some accepted students for the Class of 2014. I just got accepted and was thrilled because I love Atlanta and lived here when I went to Emory. Eventually, I went back home to San Diego for a couple of years...and now I am making the transition back!!

Here are a few opening questions:
*Is there an official group for our class on facebook?
*Anyone staying in the dorms or moving off campus? (I'm struggling with this one!)
*Anyone from Emory or San Diego?

Just a couple of starter questions...thanks!

By the way...those who are on the waitlist...we have until June 1st to put down a deposit. After that, spots will open up. Dont think everyone gets accepted right away...I spoke to a lot of pharmacists who were on the waitlist to their schools..don't give up! :)

1. Here is the official facebook page for the Class of 2014
2. I have a dog that I'm going to bringing with me so I don't have the option to live on campus but I've been looking for apartments. I haven't quite decided where to live as of yet.
3. I'm from Tampa, FL and spent my undergrad at the University of Florida.

Nice to meet you!

Hi everyone... I'll be attending Mercer in the fall as well :D I'm really excited!

Anyway... I'm from Florida, but my dad used to live in Georgia for a while and I really like it there. I went to UM for undergrad, but I'm really really happy to leaveee south Florida (I've lived here my whole life). lol

I reserved an apartment at Park Pointe North because I have two cats that I am bringing with me. They keep me company when I am home at all hours trying to study. haha

Any news for those on the alternate list? :oops:

Anyone called them to ask when they will begin calling those who are being pulled off the alternate list and admitted to the class?

Anyone called them to ask when they will begin calling those who are being pulled off the alternate list and admitted to the class?

I've been waiting and hoping someone does that. ::sigh::

Just got THE call. I'm stoked.

Just got THE call. I'm stoked.

Congratulations! I'm applying to three of your schools (Mercer, Hampton, and Howard) for the Fall '11 cycle. Would you mind sending me a message on your feelings towards Howard and Hampton? I didn't want to clog up this board with unrelated stuff, haha.

My guess is that they already made all the calls today since it is already 2:30 PM :(

I got the call today around 12:30. I'm in :) I wasn't expecting that - all those that didn't, there's still a chance, keep your head high and don't give up. I'd already planned on starting the application process all over again. Also, to those that are already in, I already live in Atlanta, have for 3 years now. If you've got any questions on where to live, etc. let me know. I live in an apartment complex near Northside Hospital (about 10-15 minute drive to Mercer which is great for Atlanta) and I love it, I'm staying here.

Got my acceptance call today! Now I can hopefully sleep through an entire night without the stress of waiting for THE call. Best of luck!

anybody know if the upcoming class is pretty much filled? If not, how many spots are left. For those that got accepted from the alt list, when was/is your deadline for tuition deposit?

I don't know how full the class is. The deposit is required a week after you accept the offer (phone call). Good Luck!

Just got the call and acceptance today. There are still spots opening up... so for those on the alternate list... you still have a chance. I was pretty much going to go to Shenandoah until this call... now I am contemplating.... decisions decisions....

I got my acceptance call from off the alternate list a couple days ago. I need to find a good apt anyone have ideas of where they're staying or need a roommate??

I got my acceptance call from off the alternate list a couple days ago. I need to find a good apt anyone have ideas of where they're staying or need a roommate??

I'm guessing you're from Florida too? lol I am living at Park Pointe North in a one bedroom. It's pretty affordable (around 400-600/month, but I chose to reserve the larger one bedroom because my bf might move with me). I believe the 2 bedrooms would be cheaper if you could find a roommate, but either way it is very close to campus and it seems like a lot of Mercer pharmacy students live there which is what I was most concerned about (I don't really know anyone since Atl is 850 miles away from me). I think that Regency Square is right down the street, and quite a few students live there too. I went to the picnic back in April and everyone seemed to recommened Park Pointe though.

I'm guessing you're from Florida too? lol I am living at Park Pointe North in a one bedroom. It's pretty affordable (around 400-600/month, but I chose to reserve the larger one bedroom because my bf might move with me). I believe the 2 bedrooms would be cheaper if you could find a roommate, but either way it is very close to campus and it seems like a lot of Mercer pharmacy students live there which is what I was most concerned about (I don't really know anyone since Atl is 850 miles away from me). I think that Regency Square is right down the street, and quite a few students live there too. I went to the picnic back in April and everyone seemed to recommened Park Pointe though.

Awesome, yeah I don't know anyone around Mercer so I'll look into a 1-bedroom at Park Pointe then. Thanks

1. Here is the official facebook page for the Class of 2014
2. I have a dog that I'm going to bringing with me so I don't have the option to live on campus but I've been looking for apartments. I haven't quite decided where to live as of yet.
3. I'm from Tampa, FL and spent my undergrad at the University of Florida.

Nice to meet you!

-4th year from Mercer COPHS

Try the Battery @ Chamblee Station; only 3+ miles away from the school with convenient walking areas for the dog (you don't want to live in Tucker). Wife and I lived there for 1+ years prior to buying our house. Tell them you're a Mercer student and they'll work with you because I believe they're below their capacity goals (friends work there). Hope this helps.