Mercer Fall 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email on 10/13 saying that they need an additional PCAT score and then based on that they will review my application AGAIn. I am trying to look at this in a good way...but have they already started rejecting people (even those without interviews)?

I dont know what to think about this!

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email on 10/13 saying that they need an additional PCAT score and then based on that they will review my application AGAIn. I am trying to look at this in a good way...but have they already started rejecting people (even those without interviews)?

I dont know what to think about this!

I got that same email a while back, either late August or early September. I guess if you have really improved on your PCAT last week, then they may grant an interview after they see the score (probably early Dec). From my last year's experience, they continued to interview applicants until late March or early April. What was your PCAT score, if you don't mind me asking?

Hey yall,

Is there anyone else who has an interview on Nov. 7th that would to share a hotel room the night before or after??

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, FinestDrug, I am also coming from out of state and need to stay in a hotel... I think I'm staying at the Marriott that was on Mercer's list of hotels, I'm staying thursday and friday night, if you only wanted to split the cost of one night, that's cool too!

So you guys were right, they are really nice there. It was definitely a lot less stessful than I had anticipated and the 3 hours flew by. I think waiting til the middle of November might be worse than waiting for my PCAT score though.

Has everyone that had an interview in the first 3 weeks heard their decision already, whether it's accepted, denied, or waitlisted? I've only seen responses from people who got accepted.

Interview Nov. 14th.... Would anybody like to split a hotel Thursday night?

Pm me

heyy everyone! if accepted pre pharmacy students dont mind, can you guys post your stats and state whether u applied twice or not! thank youu!

Do Hotels in the area give Mercer visitors discounts? If so, which ones?

I lost the email inviting me for an interview, so I don't know if it had this information on it.

Do Hotels in the area give Mercer visitors discounts? If so, which ones?

I lost the email inviting me for an interview, so I don't know if it had this information on it.

I don't believe they do. The e-mail for invites merely had a link to a Mercer site with a list of hotels they suggest. But if you do your own search there are usually ones cheaper that are actually even closer... Just google it, or go to priceline/super8/quality inn, etc. I didn't look at all of the hotels they suggested, but some were more expensive than rooms I found on my own.

How long does it take for them to get back to you (acceptances, rejections...)? I interviewed a little over 2 weeks ago. No news yet.

How long does it take for them to get back to you (acceptances, rejections...)? I interviewed a little over 2 weeks ago. No news yet.
The adcoms meet within the first couple of weeks of each month, I believe. You should know something by next friday more than likely. Good Luck!

Has anyone heard anything from Mercer recently? I'm getting so antsy! I keep checking the acceptance thread to see if anyone wrote Mercer, luckily no one has so I don't feel bad yet.

OMG I GOT IN!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i'm freaking out!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call today, but was at work and now they're closed!!! Now I get to worry all night; phone calls are good right? :help:

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

When did you guys interview? I didn't get a call, sooo... I'm assuming I was rejected or waitlisted. :(

I got a call today, but was at work and now they're closed!!! Now I get to worry all night; phone calls are good right? :help:

Phone calls are def. good

Congratulations!

When did you guys interview? I didn't get a call, sooo... I'm assuming I was rejected or waitlisted. :(

I interviewed Oct. 24th. I got a call at 4:58 so it's possible they didn't get time to call everyone.

Hmm okay. So whether I got in or not, I should still hear from them right? Or do they also send out emails?

If you got in, they usually call. Otherwise, your admission status will be mailed to you. Hope that helps.

Welcome to one of the best pharmacy schools in the nation, and one of the oldest. Mercer alumni are everywhere!

I GOT THE CALL!!!!! I will be attending fall 2009! I interviewed on Oct 17th.

Well now I'm bummed. Although Mercer isn't my first choice, I've never really had a rejection before in my life... Oh well. Guess there's a first for everything.

Well I called first thing this morning and I got in!!! :soexcited:

I GOT THE CALL!!!!! I will be attending fall 2009! I interviewed on Oct 17th.

Hey, I interviewed on the 17th also! Congratulations!

Antimony--you have a ton of options, do you know what you are going to pick?

As a matter of fact, I do.:D

congrats on all the acceptances antimony all those nights in engineering payed off!

congrats on all the acceptances antimony all those nights in engineering payed off!
Congrats to you as well for getting in LECOM. You are going to be a Doctor of Pharmacy!

ahahah thanks man I'm glad us UCF kids can represent it must be a great feeling to be able to go to your number 1 choice! You really deserve it though!

Well I called first thing this morning and I got in!!! :soexcited:

Hey, I interviewed on the 17th also! Congratulations!

Nice, I was the white dude that wasn't wearing glasses, in the charcoal suit. I will definitely be attending Mercer as they are my 1st choice.

Antimony--you have a ton of options, do you know what you are going to pick?
Mercer. The school offers the most in prestige, rankings, faculty, and opportunities. They attract top students, and really make an impact within the field of pharmacy. What would your choice be if you got into OSU ?

Mercer. The school offers the most in prestige, rankings, faculty, and opportunities. They attract top students, and really make an impact within the field of pharmacy. What would your choice be if you got into OSU ?

I'm leaning heavily towards Mercer. I really like the class style and size and campus and well everything except the price. OSU is #6 in the nation and much cheaper, but I really am weary of going to the biggest school in the nation.

bkiskadd - You can't go wrong with Mercer.

How did interviews go yesterday for you guys? I was there. I felt so good about mine, and immediately when everything was over, I thought i would defintely get in! Cant wait until 12/11 when they will let us know the result. Hopefully it'll be my biggest Christmas present!:)

How did interviews go yesterday for you guys? I was there. I felt so good about mine, and immediately when everything was over, I thought i would defintely get in! Cant wait until 12/11 when they will let us know the result. Hopefully it'll be my biggest Christmas present!:)

I was also there on Friday :). The rumors are true. Everyone there is SO nice. The people are amazing and very welcoming. Not only the faculty and 2nd years, but other applicants! I felt we all got along pretty well even though we're "competition"

Can anyone comment on Mercer's (or Stetson's) connections to
the CDC,
Emory,
Science Oriented Solutions,
and / or
The Medical Affairs Company?

Last edited:
Hi, I have completed my application for Mercer, however, I just received an email stating that I still need physics with Lab. Im taking physics I with Lab this semester. Will this damage my chances of gettin in, since my application won't be reviewed until after jan?

GPA- 3.16 overall
PCAT overall- 87 with a 97 in chemistry

Nice, I was the white dude that wasn't wearing glasses, in the charcoal suit. I will definitely be attending Mercer as they are my 1st choice.

I think you explained the 'spaghetti junction' traffic pattern to me? I am the blond who was sitting near the front of the table. The official letter came today, very exciting!

Hi, I have completed my application for Mercer, however, I just received an email stating that I still need physics with Lab. Im taking physics I with Lab this semester. Will this damage my chances of gettin in, since my application won't be reviewed until after jan?

GPA- 3.16 overall
PCAT overall- 87 with a 97 in chemistry

The only thing that will kind of hurt you is there will be less open seats for Fall '09 when you get your potential interview invite. Good Luck!

well i got straight out rejected... I thought I had more than a fair chance...

Lots of extracurricular with pharmacy experience
3.84 gpa (not cc credits), core 3.82
79 PCAT
and I thought I did great on my interview
and mercer says they count essays from PCAT which I got a 2.9 which is pretty much a 3.0 or average

i'm wasn't even waitlisted... i'm seriously going WTF

79 PCAT
and mercer says they count essays from PCAT which I got a 2.9 which is pretty much a 3.0 or average

Hmmmm.....You do have competitive stats for Mercer. Have you considered re-taking the PCAT? Do you have a degree or will you be receiving one? Are you an effective communicator? If you meet this criteria, I would call them up and ask what you can do to improve.

79 PCAT

Wow...I'm sorry to hear that.

Not to salt your wounds or anything, but I'm very surprised you didn't get waitlisted. I thought they were waitlisting everyone since we're quite early in the application cycle...

79 PCAT

this doesn't make sense

ask them why then tell us

79 PCAT

My mind is boggled by this. Maybe they messed up.

79 PCAT

Man that sucks. Did you apply anywhere else besides UGA. I know it probably doesn't make you feel any better, but last year I had similar stats (3.62 GPA, 85 PCAT), turned in my app by August and got rejected without interview. That doesn't make any sense, especially sense you said your interview went well.

I do know Mercer focuses on looking at the entire applicant and not just stats. UGA may accept students with higher stats (GPA and PCAT), but Mercer looks at the entire package. They do a good job of weighing the intangibles (ie. Personality, leadership, extra-curriculars) with a competitive GPA and PCAT. You had a higher GPA than me, but my PCAT was a 94. Hope that helps, like I said if you meet this criteria just call.

yeh i'm sending an email to the associate dean, I talked to everyone at the interview, i even knew one of my interviewers well he was a student and not a faculty. May be it could of been my answers? They ask me if I see myself as a leader or follower and I said in most situations as follower unless the situation demands something to be done and it hasn't then I'll go for it. But the person that ask me this said there was no right or wrong answer.

And I haven't applied to uga yet because I'd rather go to mercer.