Mercer Fall 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted my supplemental before Mercer received my Pharmcas and everything seemed to go off without a hitch.

Great, thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Mercer is one of the most competitive schools to get into isn't it?

Would someone give me a few advices on my supplemental please? I'm trying to finish up my supplemental essay but not too sure if it's good enough. ~_~

Members don't see this ad :)
Oooh you guys are making my stomach queasy! Butterflies!! :scared:

I am taking October PCAT so I guess that's the earliest they will really look at my file.

Mercer is one of the most competitive schools to get into isn't it?

I think it depends on how you define competitive. I'm sure there are schools with higher average PCATs, or higher GPAs for their entering class. There are certainly many schools that don't have as many seats available per entering class. On the other hand, Mercer does get a large number of applicants - the last couple of years the ratio has been somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 applicants for 148 seats.

they get lots of applicants but they're average accepted isn't very high gpa or pcat wise. for instance uga is at least minm 80 pcat, average 90 i heard and gpa got to be pretty high too.

:) Hey guys!

I just wanted to wish everyone good luck with the admissions process. I was in your shoes last year so I know what it's like!

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask me by private message. I will do my best to respond quickly.

Bye!!!

Mercer's first interview date is coming up! I'm so excited for everyone. How are you guys preparing??

PharmCAS is sending out my application on Monday so hopefully I will hear something in the next few weeks!

I applied in mid-August and I heard back last Friday for my interview. Its Sept 26

for anyone who is curious, I confirmed with admissions that the interview for Mercer is "closed-file". Correct me if I am wrong, but does this mean that our acceptance is now solely based on how well we do in our interview?

for anyone who is curious, I confirmed with admissions that the interview for Mercer is "closed-file". Correct me if I am wrong, but does this mean that our acceptance is now solely based on how well we do in our interview?

No - it just means that the people who interview you (student and faculty) will have not seen the rest of your file. The adcom will consider all parts when they make a decision.

I also was at the Mercer interview yesterday and just as 311 fighters said everyone is incredibly nice. The interviewers in no way are trying to grill you, they just want to get to know you. Also no suprise questions throughout the interview and it was more like a couple of 25 minute conversations. Good luck to everyone with interviews.

I also was at the Mercer interview yesterday and just as 311 fighters said everyone is incredibly nice. The interviewers in no way are trying to grill you, they just want to get to know you. Also no suprise questions throughout the interview and it was more like a couple of 25 minute conversations. Good luck to everyone with interviews.

I completely agree
I had a great time and it felt like a party ALMOST!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agreed. Everyone is very nice and it is much easier than I expected. Hope to see all of u again next year, cemented, abeton500 and 311 fighters.

I'll be flying out there from Socal for the 26th...look forward to mingling with some of you guys!

I think it depends on how you define competitive. I'm sure there are schools with higher average PCATs, or higher GPAs for their entering class. There are certainly many schools that don't have as many seats available per entering class. On the other hand, Mercer does get a large number of applicants - the last couple of years the ratio has been somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 applicants for 148 seats.

From what I understand, Mercer is competitive if you consider that they are looking at a variety of factors (not just GPA, PCAT), so applicants must have all their bases covered (along with a good academic profile).

Has anyone checked out Mercer's Facebook group?

I just got an interview invite for Oct 3rd.
I live in Miami, any suggestions about where to book a flight and rent a car???

Ahh, I just got an interview for Oct. 3rd also!:)

I think I'm going to ask them if I can do it the next Friday because I am from Ohio so that's not quite enough time, plus I'm supposed to work at CVS that weekend.

Ahh, I just got an interview for Oct. 3rd also!:)

I think I'm going to ask them if I can do it the next Friday because I am from Ohio so that's not quite enough time, plus I'm supposed to work at CVS that weekend.

I guess they aren't interviewing on the 10th, so my new interview date is the 24th.

I guess they aren't interviewing on the 10th, so my new interview date is the 24th.

Yeah I believe their adcoms are meeting for the first time during the week of the 10th to evaluate the first 3 groups of interviewees. Because at my interview they told us that we should have a decision by October the 15th.

If you receive an acceptance letter two weeks after the interview, do you have to accept right away?? Or can you wait for a couple of months until you get other interviews and then decide...

If you receive an acceptance letter two weeks after the interview, do you have to accept right away?? Or can you wait for a couple of months until you get other interviews and then decide...
I think you have to accept within 2 weeks of the mailing of your acceptance letter.

Does anyone know if they have a set number they accept from each round or if they acccept as many as they like?

Also, has anyone not gotten in after interviewing?

Does anyone know if they have a set number they accept from each round or if they acccept as many as they like?

Also, has anyone not gotten in after interviewing?

I think maybe a bit more from groups that interview this early. I didn't interview until mid-Feb. the year I applied, and I think there were only 4 of us that got in.

They said overall acceptance rate from interviews is about 33%. It should be a little higher being the beginning of the semester, but not by much. They will have about 60 students to choose from during the first admissions committee meeting. I wish us ALL luck that there is a glitch and we all get in. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't see how the acceptance rate could be 33%, because that would mean they would have to interview over 1000 people.

hey guys/girls...my application just got sent to mercer from pharmcas today. Do they let you know about interviews/ rejections via email or snailmail? thanks and good luck.

oh also, I'm taking the pcat for the first time in OCT. But since I have a 4.0gpa do you think theres a shot at getting an interview before they even get my pcat scores? thanks again!

They let me know via email that I got an interview. I believe they send out rejection letters via snail mail though. And no, they will put your application on hold before they receive your PCAT scores.

thanks for your help, good luck

Just letting everyone know the admissions commitee met today and Mrs. Lord gave me a call about 30 minutes ago letting me know of my acceptance. Good luck to everyone!

Just letting everyone know the admissions commitee met today and Mrs. Lord gave me a call about 30 minutes ago letting me know of my acceptance. Good luck to everyone!

congrats!....i gotta wait till they get my oct pcat!

What interview date did u guys have? I as on the 26th....haven't heard anything yet...

Congrats man!!! Melva called me too at 4:15 yesterday to notify me of my acceptance. I was in the middle of working out so when she told me I was like SUPER DUPER PUMPED UP. Hope to see you there, dude. :) Later

I was at the gym, when I found out too... haha. Congrats! I will add your name to the acceptance thread..

Congrats man!!! Melva called me too at 4:15 yesterday to notify me of my acceptance. I was in the middle of working out so when she told me I was like SUPER DUPER PUMPED UP. Hope to see you there, dude. :) Later
Yeah when she called, for some reason my phone didn't have service so she had to leave a voice mail. But I saw the call was from Mercer and I got excited b/c I heard they usually only call those who are accepted.

I also got a phonecall yesterday, but someone else left a voice mail and said that she had exciting news
I can't wait to start already, I was at the September 19th Interview
Congrats to all, Life is good!!:)

Ahh, I'm so excited people are already getting acceptance calls! It would be so nice to know this early in the game.
I have an interview the 24th so I hope I'll find out sometime in early November. I hope you are all my future classmates though!!

Can anyone please tell me some details about Mercer's location (ATL) such as, living environment, major/minor ethnic groups, nightlife. Basically, how would me moving from California feel about living in ATL...

I have an interview on Nov. 7th and a plane ticket burnt a hole in my pocket!

Hi! Can someone describe how the interviews went at Mercer? I have an interview tomorrow, but have no idea what to expect. Does the interview really last 3 hours, or are there other components to the visit? Please reply soon! I'm a wee bit nervous.

Mercer is absolutely awesome! You are going to love it! They have such a great name recognition across the country. They have had their pharmacy school for over 105 years. So many connections when you graduate. Good Luck!

How did interviews go today for some of you?

I'll have interview on November 7. (My application was completed 10 days ago.) How many interviews have they had so far, anyone knows?

I went ahead and visited Mercer ( Atlanta Campus ) again the other day on my way through Atlanta. You might not be able to see the entire campus during the interview, but I highly recommend walking around. They have a great gym and indoor pool at their recreation center. The rest of the buildings have a strong sense of southern architecture. The entire campus is over 300 acres. They also have three tennis courts and huge intramural fields. The leaves are beginning to change, and the campus looks great! Mercer is a great school, with one of the strongest traditions of pharmacy in the nation! I wish you all luck, and if you get accepted join our facebook group.

Last edited:
I'll have interview on November 7. (My application was completed 10 days ago.) How many interviews have they had so far, anyone knows?

They held interviews on Sept. 19, 26, Oct.3, and Oct 17th so far.

Thanks for your info. :)