Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Whoever applied to both programs are getting first priority. I don’t think it matters on when you applied
Yeah that’s what I was thinking

Members don't see this ad.

Whoever applied to both programs are getting first priority. I don’t think it matters on when you applied
I applied to both the medical school and the program, still patiently waiting 😬

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many pre-dentals have been accepted so far?

As of now, there’s 40 people in the GroupMe. So PLENTY of room for you all! I know it’s hard (and frustrating, annoying, nerve-racking, etc) but keep the faith. Your acceptance email is coming soon and we’re ready to welcome y’all into the MHS family ❤️

Reactions: 9 users
Orientation is starting for first year students on Monday admissions said. We should hear real soon!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone knows the exact start date for MHS this year?

I’ve been accepted!!

Reactions: 9 users
Hello, those of you who have been accepted did y’all apply to the med school or dental AND the MHS?

No I just applied to MHS. I am pre-dental

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve been accepted!! Finally after what feels like forever of waiting.

Reactions: 8 users
Glad to see acceptances are rolling in!

Congratulations to those who have been accepted !!!! Quick question though, did you get the update via email or did you check applyweb?

I think it’s safe to say that acceptances are stealthily starting to roll in lol

Congratulations to accepted students! I want to repost the GroupMe link so people don’t have to go looking for it

GroupMe Link: GroupMe

Congratulations to those already accepted! :) Praying that the rest of us hear back soon!

Reactions: 12 users
Congratulations on the acceptance letters!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! I know that's the best feeling in the world! We are all going to get accepted... speak it into existence!

I received an email from Ms. Shelita and she said the program starts on August 2nd.

Reactions: 5 users
What link are you guys using to check the portal for your acceptance letters

What link are you guys using to check the portal for your acceptance letters
People are getting emails and then it will come on the same portal you used to apply for the program in a day or so… from what I seen.

Any more acceptances for the MHS or medical school? I was accepted for a postbac program at Temple but would like to attend the MHS program. Hoping to hear some good news soon.

Reactions: 3 users
Any more acceptances for the MHS or medical school? I was accepted for a postbac program at Temple but would like to attend the MHS program. Hoping to hear some good news soon.
I honestly think we will all hear something next week. Last year many students received their letters the last week of June. I received an email saying that I should receive a final decision in the upcoming weeks so hopefully next week is it! I can’t imagine them waiting to give a decision until July and giving us less than 30 days to prepare. I think it’s gonna be hard getting ready with a little over a month worth of time to prepare honestly. But I guess this is to get us ready for the career we are all going into! It sucks because my friend is looking for a place to stay next week in Nashville and I can’t give her an answer if I’ll be moving in or not.

I honestly think we will all hear something next week. Last year many students received their letters the last week of June. I received an email saying that I should receive a final decision in the upcoming weeks so hopefully next week is it! I can’t imagine them waiting to give a decision until July and giving us less than 30 days to prepare. I think it’s gonna be hard getting ready with a little over a month worth of time to prepare honestly. But I guess this is to get us ready for the career we are all going into! It sucks because my friend is looking for a place to stay next week in Nashville and I can’t give her an answer if I’ll be moving in or not.
I am hoping we hear back by today, tomorrow or next week, I got that same response "in the coming weeks" I've already done some apartment tours here and am doing some more tomorrow

I am hoping we hear back by today, tomorrow or next week, I got that same response "in the coming weeks" I've already done some apartment tours here and am doing some more tomorrow
I feel like the letters come after office hours so I check my email every night before I go to bed.

For anyone who was not accepted by the medical school: were you advised to apply for the MHS program separately or were you just invited to join the class of 2022?

Has anyone heard anything about MHS class size and if the linkage is still going to be as helpful? From what I understand, 2019 class was about 50 (about half med and half dent). Then 2020 class blew up 100-130 (assuming still about half/half med and dent). Did significantly less percentage of students make it into the med school when the class went up to 100+ compared to the year before when it was around 50?

Some have even said that the class size could potentially increase even more for this year. Anybody have any info about this?
Hello! I was in the 2021 class. There were 100 pre med and 28 pre dents.

I have a question for people who completed the program and earned a seat: are scholarships common/possible for MHS students when they begin Medical school?
Hello! I was a part of the 2021 class l and was accepted into the medical school. There are scholarships out there that you can apply for. Through FAFSA, you’ll most likely receive loans

Does anyone know how likely you are to be accepted into the MHS program if you are placed on the waitlist?
Hello, I know a couple of classmates from my class that were originally waitlisted.

Hello! I was in the 2021 class. There were 100 pre med and 28 pre dents.
Did you apply to the medical school (and got invited to apply to MHS) or did you apply to the program directly?

Did you apply to the medical school (and got invited to apply to MHS) or did you apply to the program directly?
I applied to the medical school and was invited to apply to the program. One of my friends just applied, was waitlisted, then later accepted. Anything can happen.

Last edited:
I don’t think I can wait two more weeks lol... I’m hoping for some good news tomorrow night.
I feel like the letters come after office hours so I check my email every night before I go to bed
I feel like the letters come after office hours so I check my email every night before I go to bed.
Hello! I was in the 2021 class. I received my MHS acceptance by email at 1 am, my SOM interview invitation at 1230am, and my official acceptance to the SOM on a Saturday. So, anything is possible. Each time, I received a blessing, it was when I was out enjoying my time. Enjoy your time now because MHS is hard work.

Congratulations to all who have been accepted! Meharry really does feel like a family!

Reactions: 5 users
Hi, does Anyone knows how many Pre dents are currently in the group me? Cause I’m a Pre dent.

Hello! I was a part of the 2021 class l and was accepted into the medical school. There are scholarships out there that you can apply for. Through FAFSA, you’ll most likely receive loans

Does Meharry offer scholarships for MHS students? I heard about one for full tuition but it says it's based on undergraduate performance. If one did really well in MHS, could they qualify?

Hi, does Anyone knows how many Pre dents are currently in the group me? Cause I’m a Pre dent.
It’s maybe about 7 pre-dents and 48 total

Hopefully we get some more acceptance tomorrow ! 🙏🏽

Does anyone know if doing the MHS and getting a good MCAT open the door to other schools? I've been accepted and I see how expensive Meharry is for the medical curriculum versus my state schools.

Does anyone know if doing the MHS and getting a good MCAT open the door to other schools? I've been accepted and I see how expensive Meharry is for the medical curriculum versus my state schools.
I know of a few people who decided to attend other programs closer to where they were, both pre-dents and pre-meds

Wishing and hoping everyone receives good news this week. Stay positive guys!

For the predents that were accepted, did you have interviews or just an email with the offer?