Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for this information. Were you originally from Nashville? If not did you find it beneficial to be in the city? I’m trying to decide if I want to take on paying bills while in the program. Can you also shine some light on the financial aid situation and if that could help pay rent if you had that as well.
Of course and no I wasn’t! I did not move for MHS since it was online due to COVID. I decided to just stay home, and I saved the refund check they gave us which I found most beneficial because now I have extra money to move for medical school. They will give you enough to cover rent and other expenses, though. I think there’s a complete breakdown on their website if I’m not mistaken.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Of course and no I wasn’t! I did not move for MHS since it was online due to COVID. I decided to just stay home, and I saved the refund check they gave us which I found most beneficial because now I have extra money to move for medical school. They will give you enough to cover rent and other expenses, though. I think there’s a complete breakdown on their website if I’m not mistaken.
Will they give you the refund before school starts?

Will they give you the refund before school starts?
They should.

First semester, classes started August 3rd and I got my refund on August 11th but perhaps COVID had to do with that because second semester I got my refund on January 6th and classes started on January 19th!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone knows exactly how many seats are there for MHS class of 2022? I heard 150?

Anyone knows exactly how many seats are there for MHS class of 2022? I heard 150?
Hi! I did MHS last year and will be starting as an M1 in the coming year. I don't know how big they will make your class, but ours last year was 126 people. The class before mine was about 100 people. I know they are steadily trying to increase the MHS class, so if they continue that upward trend then a class size of 150 is definitely possible. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi everyone! I see some of my wonderful classmates have already introduced themselves, but I also want to offer myself as a resource to anyone who has ANY questions about the program or wants any advice. I just finished the MHS program and will be continuing at Meharry as an M1 in the Fall.

Congrats to those with acceptances and to those on the waitlist hang in there! 🥳 You should be proud of yourself for making it this far in your journey. I know it is anything but easy, but you are so close to your goals! I got accepted to MHS in June last year, but I know many people got accepted way after that. The MHS admissions process can be on the slow side, but the MHS program is awesome! It helped me build confidence and improve my study skills which in turn helped me on the MCAT and I am sure will continue to help me as an M1 at Meharry. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Also, if the accepted students don't have one already a groupme chat for your class will be PRICELESS; especially once you have orientation and classes. Congrats again future doctors!!! woohoo 🩺🥳👏🏾

Reactions: 10 users
Hi everyone! I see some of my wonderful classmates have already introduced themselves, but I also want to offer myself as a resource to anyone who has ANY questions about the program or wants any advice. I just finished the MHS program and will be continuing at Meharry as an M1 in the Fall.

Congrats to those with acceptances and to those on the waitlist hang in there! 🥳 You should be proud of yourself for making it this far in your journey. I know it is anything but easy, but you are so close to your goals! I got accepted to MHS in June last year, but I know many people got accepted way after that. The MHS admissions process can be on the slow side, but the MHS program is awesome! It helped me build confidence and improve my study skills which in turn helped me on the MCAT and I am sure will continue to help me as an M1 at Meharry. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Also, if the accepted students don't have one already a groupme chat for your class will be PRICELESS; especially once you have orientation and classes. Congrats again future doctors!!! woohoo 🩺🥳👏🏾
Congratulations on starting MS1 in the fall!!!

And yes, a GroupMe has been made for accepted students! Link: GroupMe

Reactions: 3 users
May this be the month that all of us who are still waiting get accepted!🙏🏾🙏🏾

Reactions: 9 users
I’m just tired of my mom side eyeing me for still waiting for a decision from this program....which I applied to way before March and was told I would be given priority but it’s still crickets. Patience they said...

Reactions: 5 users
I’m just tired of my mom side eyeing me for still waiting for a decision from this program....which I applied to way before March and was told I would be given priority but it’s still crickets. Patience they said...
Me too early applicants are still waiting!! But there’s plenty of room as 36 people are in the groupme chat. This is the month, I’m claiming it💯

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hear y’all, I just need to know something. So hopefully they send them out this week cause at this rate it will be late July and only like 60-70 people accepted. I’m as positive as they come but this slow wave is starting to get to me.

Reactions: 4 users
I hear y’all, I just need to know something. So hopefully they send them out this week cause at this rate it will be late July and only like 60-70 people accepted. I’m as positive as they come but this slow wave is starting to get to me.
Facts me too! I emailed Ms.Shelita yesterday for an update since the program is like exactly two months away.

Reactions: 1 users
They told me that same thing, "priority" lol but I am praying that this is our week!

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you for this information. Were you originally from Nashville? If not did you find it beneficial to be in the city? I’m trying to decide if I want to take on paying bills while in the program. Can you also shine some light on the financial aid situation and if that could help pay rent if you had that as well.
I’m from Florida and decided to stay home during the program to save some money. My advice would be to hold off on bills as long as possible if you’re able to so you don’t have to take out as many loans. But if you have to, financial aid does award you loans so that you can cover all of your expenses plus a little cushion. That information should come to you shortly before school starts.

Reactions: 6 users
I’m from Florida and decided to stay home during the program to save some money. My advice would be to hold off on bills as long as possible if you’re able to so you don’t have to take out as many loans. But if you have to, financial aid does award you loans so that you can cover all of your expenses plus a little cushion. That information should come to you shortly before school starts.
Would you happen to know if the program is virtual this year and if the orientation is mandatory?

Would you happen to know if the program is virtual this year and if the orientation is mandatory?
We have been told the program will be virtual and I imagine orientation would be mandatory.

To piggyback off that, for anyone not in Nashville, will you be moving to Nashville just for experience with the city and meeting new friends or will you be staying where you are already given that the program will be virtual?

We have been told the program will be virtual and I imagine orientation would be mandatory.

To piggyback off that, for anyone not in Nashville, will you be moving to Nashville just for experience with the city and meeting new friends or will you be staying where you are already given that the program will be virtual?
Yeah moving to experience cause I would think eventually they’ll be having in person again.

Everyone make sure you have already filled out your fafsa so you can get your aid when we're accepted!

Man I feel like they coming out today

.....🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃..⏳

Hey everyone! I’m glad to hear that everyone is waiting as eager as I am! I been so stressed waiting on my acceptance letter (speaking it into existence)! I pray that all of our acceptance letters come in soon so that we can all be at peace! I plan on moving to Nashville regardless of being virtual or in class meetings. I’m a travel nurse so I like to be in different places every other month so I think Nashville will give me a different scenery while I study. I’ll let you guys know if I receive anything tonight!

Reactions: 5 users
our prayers will be answered THIS week!
claiming it! #IJN 🥲❤️

Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone emailed Ms.McIntosh lately for some type of update?

I called admissions last Friday and they said that orientation begins for first year students this Friday. She said once orientation is out of the way basically is when they’ll start rolling with us.

• Wow
Yes. She basically said the same thing as before...."Thank you for your message, your application is under review. You'll receive status updates in the coming weeks."

In your guys's honest opinion, would the MHS program still accept students in the process of getting their undergraduate degree over the summer?

Hey everyone! First, I want to congratulate all the people who were accepted! This a major milestone in your journey! I personally want to ask if anyone got accepted without an invitation from med/dental school.

Y’all stay positive it’s coming for all of us soon! See it through :). Good luck guys..hope to meet you all soon!!

Reactions: 8 users
Whoever applied to both programs are getting first priority. I don’t think it matters on when you applied

Everyone still keep faith. No news is good news. 🙏🏾

Whoever applied to both programs are getting first priority. I don’t think it matters on when you applied
I applied to both and still haven’t heard anything.