Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I also got accepted into the MHS program & I’m so excited for this journey with all of you 🎉🎉 For those who are still waiting on your acceptance, keep your head up. Your time is coming 💪🏽

I’ve seen messages about a GroupMe, but when I click the link it says the group message is unable to load. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there an alternative way to join the group? Please help 😬
Congratulations!! Be sure to join the GroupMe for accepted students: GroupMe

I hope more of you get accepted this week!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! I also got accepted into the MHS program & I’m so excited for this journey with all of you 🎉🎉 For those who are still waiting on your acceptance, keep your head up. Your time is coming 💪🏽

I’ve seen messages about a GroupMe, but when I click the link it says the group message is unable to load. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there an alternative way to join the group? Please help 😬
Hmm click this link and tell me if it works: GroupMe

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else get two emails from meharry this morning saying your application is under review? I woke up for work and got excited but it was the same email they sent me a couple months ago. 😩

Anyone else get two emails from meharry this morning saying your application is under review? I woke up for work and got excited but it was the same email they sent me a couple months ago. 😩
I sat there happy like a child who just got a new toy and then opened it to see that mess, mad disappointed lol

Hey everyone! I'm sitting here hoping and praying that we all find out something today or at least this weekend!! This uncertainty is eating me alive lol

Reactions: 7 users
Hey everyone! I'm sitting here hoping and praying that we all find out something today or at least this weekend!! This uncertainty is eating me alive lol
Right! I even went back to the 2020-2021 thread and a handful of applicants were accepted on June 25, 2020 😭

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know for sure if the program is virtual?
Yeah that’s what Ms. Shelita said. But I’m still relocating cause I’m a end up going to Meharry most likely lol

Hey everybody! I’ve been stalking this thread since it’s inception 😂 Just now decided to join SDN. I, like many of you are waiting to hear back about the MHS program. I think it’s utterly ridiculous for us to be hanging on like this! I haven’t heard anything since March 31st and my app was complete on Feb 3rd. Keeping my fingers crossed that we all hear some good news soon! 🤞🏾

Reactions: 7 users
Yeah that’s what Ms. Shelita said. But I’m still relocating
Hey everybody! I’ve been stalking this thread since it’s inception 😂 Just now decided to join SDN. I, like many of you are waiting to hear back about the MHS program. I think it’s utterly ridiculous for us to be hanging on like this! I haven’t heard anything since March 31st and my app was complete on Feb 3rd. Keeping my fingers crossed that we all hear some good news soon! 🤞🏾
Facts! Me since December 6th 2020 and one other person since last November.

We’re inching closer guys!! Keep the faith🙏🏾

It’s coming soon though, our patience will be rewarded!
Somebody in the main Meharry thread said they spoke with admissions today and the MS1 entering class isn’t even full yet and there are multiple orientations that are going to be happening 🤦🏾‍♀️ #fixitjesus

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Somebody in the main Meharry thread said they spoke with admissions today and the MS1 entering class isn’t even full yet and there are multiple orientations that are going to be happening 🤦🏾‍♀️ #fixitjesus
They are more than welcome to offer me that M1 seat to speed this process along, I won't complain 🙃

Reactions: 3 users
I wonder why they always have issues filling the class. Do people typically not want to attend their MD program or something?

also, did anyone else not receive an under review email this past week? I’ve received one months ago but nothing since...

I wonder why they always have issues filling the class. Do people typically not want to attend their MD program or something?

also, did anyone else not receive an under review email this past week? I’ve received one months ago but nothing since...
It could be. They probably went to another program or something and cause not enough seats to be filled. But that’s probably the reason why it’s delayed. Cause the dental school already began and been done with orientation.

Your guess is as good as mine lol. I honestly don’t think it’s because folks don’t want to attend because if that were the case they never would have applied 🤷🏾‍♀️

I have also not received an under review email this past week, only the one sent out March 31st 😡

I didn’t receive one this week either. Mine was months ago as well.

Last one I received was March too. I emailed Ms. McIntosh last week asking for a update so hopefully she’ll respond soon.

If the start date is Aug 2nd they definitely should let us know something by early next week at the latest.

Reactions: 2 users
Last one I received was March too. I emailed Ms. McIntosh last week asking for a update so hopefully she’ll respond soon.

If the start date is Aug 2nd they definitely should let us know something by early next week at the latest.
I’m praying this week we all hear back to us who haven’t yet 🙏🏾. Cause like everything is on still mode for me smh lol. Tryna decide when to give my office manager two week notice, securing a lease and tryna take my DAT exam before MHS that way during MHS I don’t have to worry about it.

Same preparing for the DAT too. Hopefully we will hear something soon man. In the 2020, thread people went waiting for a letter since July 12th. I emailed Ms.Mcintosh too didn't email back as well.

Same preparing for the DAT too. Hopefully we will hear something soon man. In the 2020, thread people went waiting for a letter since July 12th. I emailed Ms.Mcintosh too didn't email back as well.
Yeah man. When did you last email her?

Same here! I emailed Ms. McIntosh on Friday, but I haven't received a response back yet. I hope we do here something this week because time is really running out. I have another offer from another program and I have been putting off responding to them because I have been patiently waiting to hear from Meharry which is where I REALLY want to be!

Same here! I emailed Ms. McIntosh on Friday, but I haven't received a response back yet. I hope we do here something this week because time is really running out. I have another offer from another program and I have been putting off responding to them because I have been patiently waiting to hear from Meharry which is where I REALLY want to be!
Same here! She only told me the start date Aug 2nd and will receive a final status in the coming weeks

Thanks for the feedback everyone... but yeah on the real, this wait is crazy and that’s no disrespect to the program but I just don’t understand what was the point of applying early if they still don’t have a decision. It’s been 8 months for me waiting to hear back and like others I have decisions to make that are time sensitive. I’m just hoping this pans out well cause Like someone else I’ve been avoiding answering another program waiting on Meharry. So I’m praying to God for an acceptance at this point. It’s a lil annoying knowing this could go into MID JULY..😑

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for the feedback everyone... but yeah on the real, this wait is crazy and that’s no disrespect to the program but I just don’t understand what was the point of applying early if they still don’t have a decision. It’s been 8 months for me waiting to hear back and like others I have decisions to make that are time sensitive. I’m just hoping this pans out well cause Like someone else I’ve been avoiding answering another program waiting on Meharry. So I’m praying to God for an acceptance at this point. It’s a lil annoying knowing this could go into MID JULY..😑
I understand this, I was accepted into 2 programs in New York and a program in Miami that I have been sitting on my hands for because I wanted this attend this Meharry program, I need them to let us know this week

I’m praying this week we all hear back to us who haven’t yet 🙏🏾. Cause like everything is on still mode for me smh lol. Tryna decide when to give my office manager two week notice, securing a lease and tryna take my DAT exam before MHS that way during MHS I don’t have to worry about it.
Sounds like a lot of pre-dents are in the same boat 😂. I was going to base my DAT test date on the program so I wouldn’t be overwhelmed.

I spoke with someone who previously did the program and she said that with the MHS program you take the DAT during winter break and the program has classes in place during the fall to prepare you for it.

For those pre-dents who haven’t been accepted have you already submitted your dental school apps for this cycle?

Hey guys!! Hope everyone is doing well and in good spirits. I have been following this forum since its been created LOL….I am new to this forum but not to Meharry….I their MSPH program but the waiting process wasn’t no where near as long as this process is. I am currently playing the “waiting game” with you all, so my anxiety levels are probably 10 times worse than y’all’s. Now they are like family I gotta admit that, but it is draining waiting for an answer. I am glad to see that you guys are excited about attending the school, it’s a really great school. Now I did see a couple of questions in here where someone mentioned the “under review” email and this question I’m sure has already been answered. I received mines March 31st and I did reach out to Ms. McIntosh for an update about two weeks ago, and she said I will know something in the “coming weeks”😒😩However, I have talked to people that have done MSPH with me and are now in dent/med that stated they received acceptances sometime in June, and others have stated they received letters 2 weeks before the start of school. In my opinion, the deadline could have been in May being that we’re still waiting….On the other hand, Letsssss, Hope and pray that’s not us. Keep the faith in the Most High and things will come to pass🙌🏾🙌🏾 But anyway, I just wanted to touch base with you guys and I hope to see you all soon.

Y’all sure the program is virtual?
I just heard that it start on Aug 2nd but I haven’t heard about it being virtual myself besides it being mentioned in here, but I know at one point they were considering reopening the campus

For those pre-dents who haven’t been accepted have you already submitted your dental school apps for this cycle?
I’m not pre-dent but I plan to submit my app for med school no later than July/August whether I have received the acceptance or not. Reason being is because I don’t want to be late. I know AMCAS start submitting apps to med schools this past Friday, but the Dental Application Service probably works similar to the med app service. I was hoping to have received an acceptance by now that way I could put the MHS courses on there as future courses and be done all at once, so the med school would know I’m doing the program😩 but I’ll see

I’m not pre-dent but I plan to submit my app for med school no later than July/August whether I have received the acceptance or not. Reason being is because I don’t want to be late. I know AMCAS start submitting apps to med schools this past Friday, but the Dental Application Service probably works similar to the med app service. I was hoping to have received an acceptance by now that way I could put the MHS courses on there as future courses and be done all at once, so the med school would know I’m doing the program😩 but I’ll see
I literally have my PS, former classes and all of that on there just ready to put the MHS classes on there as future classes, Im taking the Casper situational judgment test in 2 weeks and then one of the schools I have to take the AAMC situational judgment test which I think is stupid but I digress lol. I have the medical schools I am applying to and all that, I really want to submit my app no later than August for sure. Idk if you were advised but are you taking an MCAT before the program starts? My friend who just finished the program and started in the dental school the other week been giving me some advice and stuff saying to take the test beforehand that way if its not the score I want we still have the MHS winter course that prepares us you know

I literally have my PS, former classes and all of that on there just ready to put the MHS classes on there as future classes, Im taking the Casper situational judgment test in 2 weeks and then one of the schools I have to take the AAMC situational judgment test which I think is stupid but I digress lol. I have the medical schools I am applying to and all that, I really want to submit my app no later than August for sure. Idk if you were advised but are you taking an MCAT before the program starts? My friend who just finished the program and started in the dental school the other week been giving me some advice and stuff saying to take the test beforehand that way if its not the score I want we still have the MHS winter course that prepares us you know
Yes, my app is pretty much ready to go. I just have to put in my PS but the good thing about AMCAS they do allow for academic course changes so even after you submit you can always go bk and add/make changes. I do and don’t want to take the MCAT before the program, lol but it does allow for retake in the event that you need to do one, so I’m strongly considering it.

When I emailed her last week she said “you will receive a status update in the upcoming weeks.” Same response from last time.

When I emailed her last week she said “you will receive a status update in the upcoming weeks.” Same response from last time.
Yeah, I got the same response, but somehow I feel like the acceptance letters are already made out😂I just feel like it’s kinda going to be a spare of the moment kinda thing ya know…so it’s good that we have been preparing.