Medical Draft

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spideydoc22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

See section on “medical”…interesting concept that I’d never heard of before.

The US military is currently seeing massive amounts of under-staffing from what I’ve seen/heard, didn’t know they could always resort to this as long as we are at war with someone.

Members don't see this ad.

The country can resort to pretty much anything at time of war...

Ukrainians near our parents' age (up to age 60) are being drafted into the war there.

When stuff hits the fan it's all hands on deck.

Reactions: 1 users
They’ll never be able to institute the draft again. They have abused and lost that trust. The blowback would be epic, and here you thought the protests over Vietnam were big. Today’s youth have been indoctrinated to see America as some racist, oppressive empire. And now you’re going to round them up and send them to fight as a cog in the Military Industrial Complex?! Good luck with that! Never mind that nearly 80% of today’s youth are too fat, too dumb, and/or too criminal to qualify for military service.

This will be a hill for countless grandfathers and fathers to die on (myself included). I’m not going to let the Military Industrial Complex steal my boys and send them to die in some foreign war we have no business fighting in the first place. If there ever comes a time when we truly face an existential enemy, you won’t have to draft my sons and me, we’ll already be there fighting.

As much as he’s just a deadbeat Marxist, in this case Bernie Sanders is right…

War is a racket. Full stop. I mean, just look at all the corrupt grifters getting rich in Ukraine…

Big Hoss
True American Patriot
Disgruntled Veteran

• Okay...
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Never mind that nearly 80% of today’s youth are too fat, too dumb, and/or too criminal to qualify for military service.

Shame on you. My gut wrenches whenever a Gen X/Boomer craps on Gen Z and Milennials when it’s precisely YOUR generation that screwed over this entire country. Because of YOUR generation, we have to deal with student debt, and we can’t buy a house.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Shame on you. My gut wrenches whenever a Gen X/Boomer craps on Gen Z and Milennials when it’s precisely YOUR generation that screwed over this entire country. Because of YOUR generation, we have to deal with student debt, and we can’t buy a house.
I’m not a boomer, I’m a millennial. But, thanks for asking.

You think you’re going to draft today’s youth and tell them to storm Omaha Beach in the face of certain death and they’ll just go along with it? Fat chance they follow that order.

They are called the Greatest Generation for a reason…

IMG_9954.jpeg

Big Hoss

Edit: And it’s not me saying nearly 80% of today’s youth are unfit for military service, it’s your government. It’s a major worry for them. Why do you think the service branches are struggling so hard to even get close to their recruitment goals?

Last edited:
  • Okay...
I have to agree with Big Time... This country has become so divided as of recently and our government is pushing the country into a direction I believe only represents the few. It's truly sad how the direction this country has gone. For this reason, the patriotic spirit I once had has unfortunately disappeared. We do not have a united country and when the time comes for us to go to war you won't have hundreds of thousands of men running to sign up like they did for world war 2.

Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Last edited:
I have to agree with Big Time... This country has become so divided as of recently and our government is pushing the country into a direction I believe only represents the few. It's truly sad how the direction this country has gone. For this reason, the patriotic spirit I once had had unfortunately disappeared. We do not have a united country and when the time comes for us to go to war you won't have hundreds of thousands of men running to sign up like they did for world war 2.

Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

I'm not sure we were really that much more united back then. Maybe there was less political division between whites, but considering how segregated blacks and whites were (not to mention women's lack of voting rights), we may have been a more divided country back then.

Difference is, when stuff hit the fan we came together back then.

For the most part we came together again after 9-11. Unfortunately that didn't last too long.

I'm sure if something existential threatened us, (Russia or China attacked Pearl Harbor again), we'd all come together. At least I'd hope so. Things are different with Ukraine and Israel since we're not directly attacked. 9-11/OEF everyone initially supported, lots of people enlisted, we were all thanking soldiers for their service/giving them fringe benefits, but then Iraq came into the picture and muddied the waters. That and it seemed the political upper class never really had an end-game in mind for Iraq or Afghanistan, and then we just got stuck. And when you get stuck, the blame game starts.

As Big Hoss points out, I agree not many Americans would actually pass physical standards. Personally, I vote we ban cars in cities/suburbs--they're really not needed now that we have ebikes, and it would get Americans into fighting shape real quick. Europeans don't eat that much healthier than we do--they just have movement built into their everyday life (like the internist who takes 9 flights of stairs multiple times on rounds...).

Either my idea gets us ready to fight WWIII, or it saves the planet by dramatically reducing greenhouse gasses. Win-win! Main downside is a more smelly society from all that daily exercise.

Reactions: 1 users
Axe Body Spray looking at making a comeback…

View attachment 378205

Big Hoss
Was that the one that came in a small Windex-looking bottle?

I gave up on cologne/smelly stuff after the second time attempting it. I accidentally sprayed it in my eyes instead of my neck (I know, really bad hand-eye coordination). But that stuff burns! My dad then pointed out "men shouldn't smell better than their dates."

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

I gave up on cologne/smelly stuff after the second time attempting it. I accidentally sprayed it in my eyes instead of my neck (I know, really bad hand-eye coordination). But that stuff burns! My dad then pointed out "men shouldn't smell better than their dates."
IMG_9956.jpeg

Big Hoss

I'm confused Big Hoss. You meme like a millennial, but sign off like a boomer. :lol:
My old person senses... they're tingling... name your favorite SpongeBob episode.

• Haha

I believe you're thinking of "Bod" body spray. It was a (somehow) cheaper version of Axe. The commercials had a sultry woman saying "I want your Bod" over and over again.

1698166261564.png

• Haha
I believe you're thinking of "Bod" body spray. It was a (somehow) cheaper version of Axe. The commercials had a sultry woman saying "I want your Bod" over and over again.

View attachment 378249
I love that the name of the scent is “Really Ripped Abs.” I once bought an Old Spice deodorant just because it was called “Swagger.”

Big Hoss