Resources/Advice on drafting a CV (not resume) as a med student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NotaCop

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Feel free to link me to other threads that I may have missed in search.

My school encourages us to draft up a traditional academic CV (as opposed to the 1 page resume I've maintained up until this point) and I need to make this transition as I begin to apply for summer opportunities.

Anybody have any good resources, advice, examples, etc. on content/format/etiquette/whatever else for doing this? I am specifically looking for examples and such tailored to a CV for somebody at the med school/M1 level without a ton of content to put on there. When I flesh it out to CV format I anticipate it being between 2-2.5 pages.

Anything in particular that one does/includes on a CV that would not be done on a resume, or vice versa? Etc. etc. etc. I have no experience with CVs but am very well versed in resume writing and other professionalism-related topics, to give you a reference of where I'm at. Figured polling those who have more experience than I could be of some value.

Thanks to anyone who givcs advice and happy holidays friends

Members don't see this ad.

Just google examples. There are tons. Pick a few that you like and mix and match parts of them. At this stage your CV shouldn't exceed 3 pgs.

My best advice is to go to your institution's faculty web page. All the doctors you work under should have their CV posted. Take a look at what 4-6 look like and you'll get ideas of how you want to format your CV.

Reactions: 1 users