MCW Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ive also heard that a gunner complained that trapane's gimme questions for genetics were, "an insult to our intelligence"

This person is not a gunner. This person is an idiyut.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. Yes. They're self-absorbed, but they tend to know what they're doing; some can play dumb

In the beginning of the year my previous roommates and I would go through the lectures together to answer questions. And yes, this gunner would act dumb. And claim she didn't understand this stuff and had to study a lot more. Ya da. But I from comments that she made about things I knew she actually did understand it and was trying not to look so smart. And one of things that really bugs me is her laugh... she sounds like a hyena.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gunner's don't use SDN right?

Ok, so this gunner is in my small group dicussions for biochem, and you know how they evaluate us and put some comment in our personal records or some crap? Anyways, it started out okay, everyone was participating, but then this chick just totally starts taking control of the whole discussion. Then she brings up some obscure physiology mechanism that none of us in the room know about (and is unrelated to the topic of the day which was sickle cell disease) except for the endocrinologist who is our discussion moderator. I was like, wtf? Couldn't she just wait until after the discussion to talk about her obscure topic? It totally seemed like she just wanted to do more talking then everyone else and show off that she knew some random stuff.

Then just the other day there was an Anesthesiology Interest Group meeting. The program director was giving us a talk about anesthesiology, what it is like, how to get into programs, what residency is like, ect... You know how at the end of the talk, people usually go down and ask questions. So I go down there and a several other people do to, including this gunner. It is the gunners turn to ask a question, and the first thing she does is, "Hi my name is Blah." I was like wtf? Are you here to ask a question or get your name out to the program director? You are just a freakin M1. Anyways, she finishes her question and he answers. Then some other dude asks a question that I was going to ask, I get the answer and start leaving. Before I could leave the lecture hall I end up chatting with one of my classmates for a significant amount of time while everyone clears out. Finally, I'm about to leave and as I look down, I see the gunner with the PD like a fly on shi t, talking to him and following him up the stairs. I was like wow....!

Apparently everyone knows this chick is a gunner, because I brought it up with my lab group and my roommate and they all had some experience with her gunnerism. My roommate told me how in anatomy lab one of the doctors came around to his cadaver to talk to his group about anatomy stuff. The gunner comes from some other table and totally takes control. The doctor is asking some questions to everyone collectively and she asnwers all of them before anyone even has a chance and she also starts completing the doctor's sentences. Some real Gunner shi t right there. :thumbdown:

I don't know you and I hope that we never come in contact for any reason. Your voyeuristic attitude ,always seeking the sordid or the scandalous,is not only scary, but downright unmanly. For God's sake, live your life and let others live theirs. If you have nothing better to do on campus, get the hell out and enjoy the city. If you are not a gunner yourself, why monitor someone else's life? And how come you are always near this person anyways. If Biochemistry is not challenging enough for you, it is never too late to take up a new hobby; you can enroll in a karate class, learn to play a new sport, volunteer to help in the inner cities,just do something positive and stop endangering an innocent soul.

[EDIT]

Last edited by a moderator:
This person is not a gunner. This person is an idiyut.

And what are you? What's your business with events going on in their class? You should be ashamed of yourself.... they should be looking up to you, not you stooping low to their level. I wonder what kind of a big sister you are to your younger sibling(s). I am sure that your parents, were they to see your comment, would be proud of how good a job they did raising you.

I don't know you and I hope that we never come in contact for any reason. Your voyeuristic attitude ,always seeking the sordid or the scandalous,is not only scary, but downright unmanly. For God's sake, live your life and let others live theirs. If you have nothing better to do on campus, get the hell out and enjoy the city. If you are not a gunner yourself, why monitor someone else's life? And how come you are always near this person anyways. If Biochemistry is not challenging enough for you, it is never too late to take up a new hobby; you can enroll in a karate class, learn to play a new sport, volunteer to help in the inner cities,just do something positive and stop endangering an innocent soul.

Thank your stars you are in the US of A, if you did this in some other places/countries, you'd live to regret your action.
why do you care? you came back just to post this?

Btw, voyeurism really has nothing to do with masculinity.

And what are you? What's your business with events going on in their class? You should be ashamed of yourself.... they should be looking up to you, not you stooping low to their level. I wonder what kind of a big sister you are to your younger sibling(s). I am sure that your parents, were they to see your comment, would be proud of how good a job they did raising you.

[sarcasm]
I, for one, know for a fact that Jesus himself cries everytime Ashers posts.

So I'm sure that her parents are ashamed of her very existence.
[/sarcasm]

Yes. Yes. They're self-absorbed, but they tend to know what they're doing; some can play dumb (at least that's what I'll do when Funk finds out what his residents think of him on ortho).

No, actually, Funk, I told the residents who'll be on peds ortho that you're a hard worker and über-smart. Two of the residents were on my team last month.

Ten points for use of the ü.

Alt+0252

I knew those German classes would come in handy someday.

After a while I got tired of using all the alt+num lock things, and I changed my keyboard settings to a German or Spanish keyboard. That helped for when I traveled in Germany or Spain, so I wouldn't have so many random letter changes.

My favorite symbols: ° þ and another that won't show up on here.

Um, hi, we haven't met; I'm yeasterbunny, and I'm less experienced than the others at textually yelling at you and telling you to go away, but here goes:

You have just effectively demonstrated one of my biggest pet peeves, namely, when people think they can just make whatever offensive or rude comments they want and then make it all ok by putting a "jk lol" on the end. No one asked you to enter the discussion, and even those of us with relatively little experience reading your blather want you to go away. The truth is I don't think I have ever seen you make any semblance of a positive contribution to any thread on this site. If an issue someone is having is not something you can relate to, there really is nothing gained by your telling people their point of view is stupid.

As for your second comment : I don't even know what the crap you are talking about there. The discourse surrounding a language unit? How about you put that in context for us? Is English even your first language? I feel stupider for having even wasted a minute of my time to tell you a piece of my mind you mindless troll.

Um, hi, we haven't met; I'm yeasterbunny, and I'm less experienced than the others at textually yelling at you and telling you to go away, but here goes:

You have just effectively demonstrated one of my biggest pet peeves, namely, when people think they can just make whatever offensive or rude comments they want and then make it all ok by putting a "jk lol" on the end. No one asked you to enter the discussion, and even those of us with relatively little experience reading your blather want you to go away. The truth is I don't think I have ever seen you make any semblance of a positive contribution to any thread on this site. If an issue someone is having is not something you can relate to, there really is nothing gained by your telling people their point of view is stupid.

As for your second comment : I don't even know what the crap you are talking about there. The discourse surrounding a language unit? How about you put that in context for us? Is English even your first language? I feel stupider for having even wasted a minute of my time to tell you a piece of my mind you mindless troll.
Nope, which made it easier to figure out who he was. I saw him in the bookstore a month ago, but not since then.

Hello Solicitor-General, in whose interest have you written your awesomely written and well articulated post? I found your post to be highly intelligible, and everyone reading it would agree with me that your mastery of the language is second to none.

Have a splendid evening and enjoy your weekend.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, which made it easier to figure out who he was. I saw him in the bookstore a month ago, but not since then.

I have not been to the bookstore this semester. I bought all my books from B&N. On the other hand, I see you everyday, mostly in the library. And recently, I saw you in room 1250 chatting with your classmates. Seriously dude, You have no clue what I look like. I am not who you think I am, and the other post describing me was a hoax with deceit as the core reason for giving such a misleading description.

Last edited:
Hello Solicitor-General, in whose interest have you written your awesomely and well articulated post? I found your post to be highly intelligible, and everyone reading it would agree with me that your mastery of the language is second to none.

Have a splendid evening and enjoy your weekend.

In the interest of badasshairday (to whom your initial flames were directed at your point of intrusion, in post #2054) and all the rest of us whose day was slightly darkened by your unexpected reappearance in our humble forum.

That being said, I really have nothing further to say to you. If in my indulgence in flaming back I have been briefly baited by your trolling, so be it.

I never claimed to be.

I have not been to the bookstore this semester. I bought all my books from B&N. On the other hand, I see you everyday, mostly in the library.
No, you don't. I'm almost never in the library.

And recently, I saw you in room 1250 chatting with your classmates.
No, you didn't.

Seriously dude, You have no clue what I look like. I am not who you think I am, and the other post describing me was a hoax with deceit as the core reason for giving such a misleading description.
Nice try. I know who you are.

Good God, kids. I spend one night on call saving lives and this is what I come back to? I think I'll just go back to St. Joe's and admit more people to the ICU.

Good God, kids. I spend one night on call saving lives and this is what I come back to? I think I'll just go back to St. Joe's and admit more people to the ICU.

Are the ICU NPs as hateful as they seem?

And you can't even see the parts that got edited out. Actually you didn't miss much, I would say his posts weren't all that much more inflammatory than mine, I'm a little surprised the mod didn't touch my comments. I guess his actually threatened violence, which is what sorta set me off.

Don't look now, but the Brewers seem to be playing some good small ball. Cameron and Hall walked in the first, and Fielder hit a sac fly and Hardy singled to bring them home.

At Joe's? Can't say I've worked with any of the NPs there. The NPs at Froedtert's MICU are pretty nice.
the NPs on the trauma service are really helpful - they do a lot of the work with things like discharges, and they do it much faster than we could.

That's right, you're at Joe's this month. Sub-I? Are you the Asian one? I don't know why, but your avatars have always made me picture you as Asian. Enough that I almost went up to one of the (probably wrong) students today and saying, "Agent Splat? Hi, I'm yeasterbunny."

That's right, you're at Joe's this month. Sub-I? Are you the Asian one? I don't know why, but your avatars have always made me picture you as Asian. Enough that I almost went up to one of the (probably wrong) students today and saying, "Agent Splat? Hi, I'm yeasterbunny."

Hahaha. Splat has a defining characteristic, but it's not being asian

Hahaha. Splat has a defining characteristic, but it's not being asian

It's also not generally noticed when he is wearing pants.

I almost did the same thing today, but then I couldn't remember for sure if you were a plump Filipino woman or the tall Jamaican.

Look for the guy furiously picking away at the skin around his fingernails or generally fidgeting. Balding. Facial hair on chin only. Tomorrow I wear scrubs. Astonishingly handsome. Prowler can attest to that.

I was especially excited at the noon conference today when one attending basically told the guy presenting that he was wrong about treating hyperglycemia/hyponatremia stuff.

I almost did the same thing today, but then I couldn't remember for sure if you were a plump Filipino woman or the tall Jamaican.

Look for the guy furiously picking away at the skin around his fingernails or generally fidgeting. Balding. Facial hair on chin only. Tomorrow I wear scrubs. Astonishingly handsome. Prowler can attest to that.

I was especially excited at the noon conference today when one attending basically told the guy presenting that he was wrong about treating hyperglycemia/hyponatremia stuff.

Yeah that would be Dr. Kutty. He does that. That conference just went on and on, someone needs to refer Dr. A to the Department of Redundancy Department.

Yeah, he was my attending for all of August. In the end, it seems like it turned out okay, but he had some pretty high expectations for us.

yeasterbunny isn't too hard to pick out in a crowd. Just look for the jet black hair.

You're all ridiculous. Don't make me find photos to post...

I also forgot to mention that I stick out pretty easy when I hold aloft my magic sword.....

I also forgot to mention that I stick out pretty easy when I hold aloft my magic sword.....

I just realized how perverted that sounded, when I was just trying to make a lame He-Man reference. But now it's too funny to take back and the rum is making it even funnier.

I just realized how perverted that sounded, when I was just trying to make a lame He-Man reference. But now it's too funny to take back and the rum is making it even funnier.

I had to do a double take with your first comment, but it look me less than 0.5s to figure it out.

Why's the rum gone?!

Nevermind, I think after this block of questions I'll find out about the rum myself.

Anytime I hear "rum" I think of Pirates of the Caribbean and the "Why's the rum gone?!" scene.

I'm having some Bacardi 8 on the rocks with a splash of falernum and a squeeze of lime. Definitely putting me in a Caribbean-type mood.

2920824172_c10ca6fa74_o.jpg

are you all talking about the attending from africa/england?

Can you guys tell me where to go to get winter clothes? I need a parka, a warm hat, boots, and long johns. Give me suggestions if I'm missing somthing. Where is a good place to go that isn't super expensive?

Also what kind of boots am I suppose to get? I kind of wish I had something water proof for my feet because I walked home (~1mile) this evening during the down pour and my socks got pretty wet.

Posting pictures would help.

Online vendors include campmor.com and sierratradingpost.com. Locally, Gander Mountain often has good prices on long johns. Wool blend or synthetic are warmer than cotton. I get my winter boots from Auditionshoes.com or masonshoes.com because i have odd-sized feet. Some of them are guaranteed waterproof, and I recommend this.

Get good gloves or better yet, mittens for the really really cold times. And a pair or two of wool socks for really awful weather if you're planning to walk home in the winter. If you are delicate like me, I recomment a balaclava instead of a hat. It covers your head, neck, and part of your face.

Dress warm!

yeasterbunny....you didn't come find me today. What gives? I'm ready to think you don't exist and you're messing with me.

Can you guys tell me where to go to get winter clothes? I need a parka, a warm hat, boots, and long johns. Give me suggestions if I'm missing somthing. Where is a good place to go that isn't super expensive?

Also what kind of boots am I suppose to get? I kind of wish I had something water proof for my feet because I walked home (~1mile) this evening during the down pour and my socks got pretty wet.

Posting pictures would help.

Sams Club or Costco.

I bought most of my winter coats in Chicago at the Nordstroms Rack in the summer, on sale... which I guess doesn't really help now.

I bought my Northface winter boots at REI.

Should I leave shoes in my locker so I can change out of the boots? I was thinking about leaving shorts and flip flops in my locker so it looks like I'm ready to go to the beach even when it is 0 degrees outside.

yeasterbunny....you didn't come find me today. What gives? I'm ready to think you don't exist and you're messing with me.

Yeah, sorry. I had to go tour the OB floor. And this morning I think I saw you sleeping in ground rounds but I had to snag Dr. Kutty afterward to tell him why I can't take his required exam while my wife is having labor induced next week. It doesn't look like he's going to be sympathetic. This happened with my last child too, the dang CER course director (**spits**) would not let me delay the final exam mere hours after my son was born (~2 am).

Should I leave shoes in my locker so I can change out of the boots? I was thinking about leaving shorts and flip flops in my locker so it looks like I'm ready to go to the beach even when it is 0 degrees outside.

I had a spare pair of shoes in my locker.

I wouldn't change into shorts, the building's not really that warm, and it's dang cold by the windows.