*******MCW Class of 2011*********

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just Splat. I can drive 55mph in 4 inches of snow and drift around a curve with almost no traction whatsoever. That reminds me though to check the tread on my tires.

If it does snow tonight, find an empty parking lot and do donuts. They're awesome. If your car is FWD, you have to do them in reverse though.

I can do donuts on my mountain bike. Fun.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm, why did you move to Milwaukee, love? Clearly not to begin medical school, since you're not an MS10 (I don't think). Is this a happy story, or should I mind my own business?

I was an academic librarian in a VERY SMALL TOWN in northwest Georgia and I wanted a job in a library ANYWHERE ELSE, preferably anywhere with a bookstore bigger than my apartment. I was also interested in moving from technical services (cataloging, ordering, etc.) to systems librarianship. There was a very nice job available up here, which I finally realized was not for me, either, and I finally decided to give med school a crack.

I can do donuts on my mountain bike. Fun.:thumbup:

WOW. I used to bicycle commute, even in winter, but lately my hands will not tolerate the cold. I've never been a daredevil on the bike, though. I don't like to fall down.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I actually don't commute in the snow ever. I can do donuts for fun, but I hop on the bus to get to school or work at the slightest hint of ice or snow. Of course that only happens 3 or 4 days each year. I used to drive in the snow when I was a car guy, but that was another life. It's funny here in Seattle when it snows. If 2 inches fall, the news will cover it for days and call it something like SNOW STORM 2007, and chaos ensues on the streets. Virtually all schools k-12 close or open late, and people complain bitterly about the 31-degree weather.

Well, I actually don't commute in the snow ever. I can do donuts for fun, but I hop on the bus to get to school or work at the slightest hint of ice or snow. Of course that only happens 3 or 4 days each year. I used to drive in the snow when I was a car guy, but that was another life. It's funny here in Seattle when it snows. If 2 inches fall, the news will cover it for days and call it something like SNOW STORM 2007, and chaos ensues on the streets. Virtually all schools k-12 close or open late, and people complain bitterly about the 31-degree weather.

We had a similar discussion with Indo about how people react to snow in Portland. I think the conclusion was that people from the northwest are just huge wussies.

Actually, the consensus was that the mountainous geography out west makes dealing with even a little snow a lot more dangerous than out here. You people build your houses on hills that we would only consider skiing down.

We had a similar discussion with Indo about how people react to snow in Portland. I think the conclusion was that people from the northwest are just huge wussies.

Actually, the consensus was that the mountainous geography out west makes dealing with even a little snow a lot more dangerous than out here. You people build your houses on hills that we would only consider skiing down.

That is very true. Seattle is nothing but big, steep hills. That's why my glutes are, in fact, better than Prowler's.

That is very true. Seattle is nothing but big, steep hills. That's why my glutes are, in fact, better than Prowlers.

Ah, but what about your calves?

I seldom commuted in actual snow. But remember they plow pretty quickly around here, so really you're commuting NEAR snow most of the time. Last year was the first time I actually caved and bought snow tires for my bike. And if more than an inch was predicted, I took the bus (now I drive). I did fall a couple of times, but not really very often.

Day before yesterday, I noticed a ding in my rear passenger door with red paint smudged in it. It's a pretty good size chip too - probably the size of a dime. I park right next to a red Chevy Blazer every day (neighbors upstairs - married couple), which has a rear door with a sharp edge the exact height of the door ding. My guess is they were putting the baby in the back seat and whipped the door open and hit my car. Should I say something? They haven't said anything to me, and I don't even know their names. It's a pretty good-sized dent, and I'd at least want to touch it up myself with some black auto paint.

That is very true. Seattle is nothing but big, steep hills. That's why my glutes are, in fact, better than Prowlers.
Oh, no, you didn't. I'm throwing down the gauntlet, Chulito! I happened to try on my wife's fleece pants a few months ago, and took advantage of the photo op.

Brace yourselves for some fabulous glutes.

2cqgqoz.jpg

yes, they're mine! Now, you must one up them, or else renege your claim.

The pink is a nice touch. (I'm glad I knew ahead of time that there were male glutes inside the pants. :smuggrin: )

The pink is a nice touch. (I'm glad I knew ahead of time that there were male glutes inside the pants. :smuggrin: )
I posted them on another forum with the title "My wife's ass looks great in these pajama pants," which they do, but that's not her tush :D

Damn, I knew that I was going to need a digital camera phone one of these days. I don't have any pictures of my ass, so I guess I have to defer to you for now, Prowler. But this isn't over, my friend.

I posted them on another forum with the title "My wife's ass looks great in these pajama pants," which they do, but that's not her tush :D

i was gonna say....cause it really DOESN'T look like HER tush.

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn, I knew that I was going to need a digital camera phone one of these days. I don't have any pictures of my ass, so I guess I have to defer to you for now, Prowler. But this isn't over, my friend.
Ha! Well, if you come here, perhaps we can have a face-off, er, butt-off to finish this one once and for all.

seeing how the man tools are facing the other direction, how would you recognize the difference in a pair of clad buttocks?

i have a feeling I WOULDN'T even with a front view, actually.

I think my voice is deeper than all of yours. I give James Earl Jones a run for his money.

I think my voice is deeper than all of yours. I give James Earl Jones a run for his money.
unless you were pinching your throat the other day when you were talking, I would differ. It sounded nothing like JEJ. I can go two octaves below middle C.

T minus 10 until we start other manly comparisons.....

unless you were pinching your throat the other day when you were talking, I would differ. It sounded nothing like JEJ. I can go two octaves below middle C.

T minus 10 until we start other manly comparisons.....

7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

I can bench a Honda.

Although, for all of those whose "internet" ;) penis is unsatisfactory, there is hope yet! Order this software today!

2003-src.gif

Although, for all of those whose "internet" ;) penis is unsatisfactory, there is hope yet! Order this software today!

2003-src.gif

hey, i sure hope you're planning on paying me a license fee for displaying my product, jerk!!!

btw, here on the Internet, we all have 12" e-penises, date multiple supermodels, and crash our Ferrari Enzo's and blame it on Dietrich. And since this is SDN, we also have multiple publications in Science, and Harvard HST sent an entourage to congratulate us on our MCAT scores.

if it ain't bigger than a beer can, you can just go home now.

It is safe to say that MINE is not bigger than a beer can. Why would you want one bigger than a beer can? Is it hollow and capable of storing beer?

Phys sucks! (I am actually studying).

And for the Class of 2011, pay no attention to the news stories about the blizzard. We hardly ever get storms like this. Hardly ever. Really.

It is safe to say that MINE is not bigger than a beer can. Why would you want one bigger than a beer can? Is it hollow and capable of storing beer?

Phys sucks! (I am actually studying).

And for the Class of 2011, pay no attention to the news stories about the blizzard. We hardly ever get storms like this. Hardly ever. Really.
I meant "you" in the collective sense, not you in the second person. No, I would hope that it's not....

I studied phys earlier.....I just explained some bilirubin degradation steps to my wife actually, who was asking about why her liver failure patients all have elevated bililrubin. I was proud of myself for remembering conjugated bilirubin.

Prowler you actually do have a really nice behind. Hope we can meet sometime when I come to MCW!!!

Do alot of you use notebook computers a lot in class or around school?

what about microscopes? i hate them.

Do alot of you use notebook computers a lot in class or around school?

what about microscopes? i hate them.

I use my laptop in lecture when I'm bored. There's wireless internet. I also use it to study because I try to type up my notes.

You use microscopes 2nd year for micro in the bacteriology section -- 1 semester class.

I use my laptop in lecture when I'm bored. There's wireless internet. I also use it to study because I try to type up my notes.

I think he meant for taking notes, and not so much for chatting with absent ninjas on AIM. ;)

I think he meant for taking notes, and not so much for chatting with absent ninjas on AIM. ;)

Really? You mean not everyone talks to absent ninjas? My bad. ;) They did ask about around school though...

Ok, fine. I'll say exactly how I use my computer in class. MOST of the time it's when I get bored, and I go online to look up recipes, chat with absent ninjas, check my email, et cetera. HOWEVER, sometimes the notes are scanty (poor outlines) or non-existant in the handouts, so I type up my own outlines during class. Sometimes while taking notes it's also conducive to the above, more general uses. I don't usually have my computer out in class, but as a rule, I had it out in psych, human sexuality, and med ethics (if there weren't preceptors sitting behind me). I only once wished I had it during pharm when the lecture notes provided drove me nuts. Ask Splat, he was sitting next to me, and I almost burst a hypertensive aneurysm in my putamen that developed in the course of 2 hours.

Really? You mean not everyone talks to absent ninjas? My bad. ;) They did ask about around school though...

Ok, fine. I'll say exactly how I use my computer in class.

Thank you for your honesty. ;)

Just noticed on Angel that the library is completely closed today due to the weather. I guess that proves that librarians simply are not professional (sorry samenewme). I wonder if there will be a massive Braveheart-like battle over the study rooms as a result.

In other news: anybody been having those pharm dreams where your mind is quizzing you throughout the night on drug names? Hate, hate, hate those.

Just noticed on Angel that the library is completely closed today due to the weather. I guess that proves that librarians simply are not professional (sorry samenewme). I wonder if there will be a massive Braveheart-like battle over the study rooms as a result.

In other news: anybody been having those pharm dreams where your mind is quizzing you throughout the night on drug names? Hate, hate, hate those.

I did -- mechanisms, spelling bees for drugs, weirdness, and I woke up panicking because in my dream I couldn't remember what bisacodyl did.

So funny that you guys mentioned pharm dreams. I just had my first Step 1 dream last night. I was taking the test and literally didn't know the answer to any questions. Woke up with the cold sweat and everything.

Just noticed on Angel that the library is completely closed today due to the weather. I guess that proves that librarians simply are not professional (sorry samenewme). ...

Yeah, what's up with that? In MY day the library stayed open even when UWM cancelled classes. And I biked to work in the snow. And we liked it!

Well, okay, we didn't like it. And that one time we had the 10-inch blizzard, I took the bus. Only it would have been faster to walk 3 miles, which is what I did to get home.

And I DID like it.

I don't know what everyone's so concerned about. It's just a little snow. I was driving around in Madison the other night. Granted, you could not see the road, and I was going 20-25mph, and just following the tracks like a trail in the woods. But it really wasn't that bad. And driving back to Milwaukee this morning (10am ish) was business as usual.

My brothers heard them say on the Weather channel that it was gonna be the biggest storm in 15 years. I actually started laughing cuz I thought they were trying to pull one over on my mom. But they were serious. :eek:

I really should get new tires though. I meant to last year, but never did. They're pretty bald, so my car just slides around.

I think they were expecting about four more inches than we got, and another 1-5" today. That would have been pretty difficult to get out of the way.

I thought I could get away without replacing my tires JUST A LITTLE LONGER when I was moving up here from Georgia. Spun gracefully into a guardrail in Kentucky on the drive up in the aftermath of a rare, big southern Blizzard. The snow had ended two days prior, but the inch-thick ice apparently remained. I kept that dent on my car until the day I traded it in. Stupid tires!

Yeah, what's up with that? In MY day the library stayed open even when UWM cancelled classes. And I biked to work in the snow. And we liked it!

Well, okay, we didn't like it. And that one time we had the 10-inch blizzard, I took the bus. Only it would have been faster to walk 3 miles, which is what I did to get home.

And I DID like it.

Ahh, so you are a masochist? What is your safe word?

Ahh, so you are a masochist? What is your safe word?

My safe word? My SAFE WORD is "Get the heck away from me, you creepy pervert!"

I just like exercise. Walking is exercise. It's good for you. And I like it better when it's USEFUL exercise (like going someplace you have to go anyway) rather than lifting weights that have no other purpose than to be lifted, or climbing stairs to nowhere, though it IS easier to study flashcards that way. I even like shoveling snow, unless it's 5-6" deep, heavy and wet, and certain people who live upstairs don't do their share of shoveling.

My safe word? My SAFE WORD is "Get the heck away from me, you creepy pervert!"

Man, if I had a dollar for every time I heard that.

Hey, guys. In spite of the fact that I've come to love you all more than my own children, more than my very organs, I've decided to withdraw from MCW. I got an offer from my second-choice school, which I've accepted, and I've withdrawn my application from everywhere else other than U of Washington (my state school and first choice). I was kind of sad to do it, but it's the right decision. It's been great imagining that I might end up with you all in Milwaukee. You rock. Can we still be friends?

Hey, guys. In spite of the fact that I've come to love you all more than my own children, more than my very organs, I've decided to withdraw from MCW. I got an offer from my second-choice school, which I've accepted, and I've withdrawn my application from everywhere else other than U of Washington (my state school and first choice). I was kind of sad to do it, but it's the right decision. It's been great imagining that I might end up with you all in Milwaukee. You rock. Can we still be friends?

Sadness. Would've been awesome to have you here. Not like the M3s would see you much though. Still friends. =)

You're still our SDN soulmate. Nothing can change that.

is this kind of like the end of Chasing Amy where even though we love each other we know it's too messed up now and it's over?

Status
Not open for further replies.