Mcw Class Of 2011 Awesome Part 3!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So what is the standard dress code for test taking days during third year. Both tests this week (psych/neuro) are being held in an area where we will be seen by other staff members, and possibly by patients. Does that mean we need to dress up a little, or can we come in shorts/t-shirt?

you'll just have to make sure you are not seen. I believe Doctor **** has some experience in that field. woosh!

Members don't see this ad.

Doctor ****? Did you misspell Funk?

ha...oops. i guess i did. guess my mind was elsewhere.

my apologies to Doctor Funk. nothing personal. still, i'm not changing it cause it's funny.

Members don't see this ad :)
How do I set up my ANGEL account. I can't remember what that guy incharge of "ANGEL" said during his presentation.

How do I set up my ANGEL account. I can't remember what that guy incharge of "ANGEL" said during his presentation.

dang. how are we supposed to remember that? they should have written it down for you.

Let's see...go to campus.mcw.edu and login with your e-mail address and I forget what to do about the password. Let's see if that jogs your memory enough to get that last little detail up. You may or may not have to e-mail the help desk, and anyway, that's a good solution if you forget what to do.

Let's see...go to campus.mcw.edu and login with your e-mail address and I forget what to do about the password. Let's see if that jogs your memory enough to get that last little detail up. You may or may not have to e-mail the help desk, and anyway, that's a good solution if you forget what to do.

I did that already.

This is what I got after doing the "I forgot my password thingy"
ANGEL Account Not Found
We were unable to find an ANGEL account with the email address you entered. You can either try again or contact ANGEL Help at [email protected].
ANGEL Admin

Thanks, Splat, for crashing the relationships in med school panel thingy today. We were short of the funny + wisdom combo and you rounded out the team nicely.

Thanks, Splat, for crashing the relationships in med school panel thingy today. We were short of the funny + wisdom combo and you rounded out the team nicely.

i can't believe that girl thought i was accusing her of having Crohn's disease.

so, all you newly minted M1s, what was your most favoritest small group session today????

I remember back in the day, I just wanted to go home by that point because I was wiped out.

so, all you newly minted M1s, what was your most favoritest small group session today????

I remember back in the day, I just wanted to go home by that point because I was wiped out.
I only attended two important ones...
The Next five Years Of your Life and Medical Student Summer Research program

Members don't see this ad :)
So what is the standard dress code for test taking days during third year. Both tests this week (psych/neuro) are being held in an area where we will be seen by other staff members, and possibly by patients. Does that mean we need to dress up a little, or can we come in shorts/t-shirt?

You can wear whatever you want. Shorts or jeans should be fine.

Xandie, any thoughts?

Panels! Who was doing "The Next 5 Years" one? I would hope residents, since they're the five years ahead folks.

I walked through campus twice today, but I didn't see any lost looking folks. Oh well.

You can wear whatever you want. Shorts or jeans should be fine.

Xandie, any thoughts?

Yay! That will make it nicer for studying after the exam for the psych shelf. Right about now I want to shoot myself. I'm still at the NICU.

Panels! Who was doing "The Next 5 Years" one? I would hope residents, since they're the five years ahead folks.

I walked through campus twice today, but I didn't see any lost looking folks. Oh well.

The panels our year were ugh. I think I went to 2 then left. I was tired though, and jet lagged or apt setting up lagged or something.

I didn't see any lost looking people either. Guess I may tomorrow since I'll be at school when the library opens.

I'm also a newcomer to town and have two questions. 1- Why are the roads here so bumpy? Does it have to do with the heavy winter? 2- It is my understanding that students from out-of-state cannot be considered for in-state residency. So, is it necessary to change the license plates or get a Wisconsin driving license? As always, thanks for your inputs.

The roads are so bumpy because of ****ty patching and because they have to allow a ton of space between the concrete panels on the concrete streets such as Watertown plank. The temp ranges from 100 to -20 on any given year and so they have to allow a crap-load of space for linear expansion and contraction.

I'm not paying for wisconsin car registration unless I get in-state tuition. Since that isn't going to happen I won't be getting a wisconsin liscence unless a judge makes me. I'm not staying 1 minute longer than I have to in milwaukee.

I did that already.

This is what I got after doing the "I forgot my password thingy"
ANGEL Account Not Found
We were unable to find an ANGEL account with the email address you entered. You can either try again or contact ANGEL Help at [email protected].
ANGEL Admin

They must not have activated the accounts yet. Mine did the same thing. I assume I'm doing it right, but I was daydreaming already.....zoinks.

I think I wore both jeans and dressed up for some, depending on where the exam was and my mood. I think it matters absolutely not at all. It's not like if staff sees you they'll be all shocked that when you're not working, you wear jeans. Lord knows they do too.

I was on one of the panels your year! Watch out who you're calling "ugh". :p

I think I wore both jeans and dressed up for some, depending on where the exam was and my mood. I think it matters absolutely not at all. It's not like if staff sees you they'll be all shocked that when you're not working, you wear jeans. Lord knows they do too.

I was on one of the panels your year! Watch out who you're calling "ugh". :p

I'm definitely wearing jeans then. Especially since I didn't leave the hospital til 9:30 tonight. Is that even really legal? Keeping us there that late the night before the exam when we're not on call because there is no call for us.

I put a disclaimer. I was tired. I also don't remember which 2 sessions I went to at orientation.

I'm definitely wearing jeans then. Especially since I didn't leave the hospital til 9:30 tonight. Is that even really legal? Keeping us there that late the night before the exam when we're not on call because there is no call for us.

I put a disclaimer. I was tired. I also don't remember which 2 sessions I went to at orientation.

Damn, and here I was pissed that my attending said she'd let us out early today and then kept us until 3:00. Sorry, that sucks Ashers. I agree that the whole point of not having anyone on call tonight is to give the students a chance to get some studying and a good night's sleep in before the test. Kind of defeats the purpose if they keep you to 9:30.

If it's any consolation, you'll probably kick my ass on the test. I feel woefully underprepared.

I can't sleep!!!!! i'm so excited for another day!! even though its getting sorta boring.

i'm also glad I sorta dressed up today just a little bit cause so many people were all dressy! lol...i wore the skirt that matches my couch!

Damn, and here I was pissed that my attending said she'd let us out early today and then kept us until 3:00. Sorry, that sucks Ashers. I agree that the whole point of not having anyone on call tonight is to give the students a chance to get some studying and a good night's sleep in before the test. Kind of defeats the purpose if they keep you to 9:30.

If it's any consolation, you'll probably kick my ass on the test. I feel woefully underprepared.

I finished looking at the notes for the first time other than lecture at 10:30 last night after I got home. Ashers = really really really not prepared. I woke up at 3am, and just now gave up on going back to sleep, so I'm gonna go hang out at the couches til the library opens.

Doctor ****? Did you misspell Funk?

Too bad they won't let me change my username to that. It might have even helped me spawn a whole new side career in "film."

I finished looking at the notes for the first time other than lecture at 10:30 last night after I got home. Ashers = really really really not prepared. I woke up at 3am, and just now gave up on going back to sleep, so I'm gonna go hang out at the couches til the library opens.

Doc! Doc! Have we jumped back in time to 2nd year?!

You guys entertain me. Nice work.

I don't have to be at work today until 8am! Glory hallelujah, I love my life.

The M1 class looks really, really young and short in general (no offense cuz it's obviously not everyone, just my observation while I was hanging around trying to stay awake between First Aid Psych chapters today). :D

The M1 class looks really, really young and short in general (no offense cuz it's obviously not everyone, just my observation while I was hanging around trying to stay awake between First Aid Psych chapters today). :D

I blame the Dorito and Mt. Dew diet young'uns these days are living on.

I didn't say they were fat.

Sorry, I forgot that med schools only accept attractive folks with healthy body types. Apparently shorties too.

Sorry, I forgot that med schools only accept attractive folks with healthy body types. Apparently shorties too.

Duh! That's what I'll be looking for as an interviewer.

Don't know how I slipped through the cracks though. Maybe they wanted our class to be taller to make up for 2011. They had foresight. ;)

edit: psych + no sleep last night = me crazier than usual

Duh! That's what I'll be looking for as an interviewer.

Don't know how I slipped through the cracks though. Maybe they wanted our class to be taller to make up for 2011. They had foresight. ;)

They probably just had the foresight to know that pirates (and piratesses-eses) would be the new in-thing in hawtness by 2007.

That's just because of our cool clothes. Though all black is good sometimes. :cool:

Yeah, black is cool as long as you don't go around spouting off about the cold embrace of death and worshipping your darkness and whatnot. That kinda crap just gets annoying.

Yeah, black is cool as long as you don't go around spouting off about the cold embrace of death and worshipping your darkness and whatnot. That kinda crap just gets annoying.

I was thinking more along the lines of carrying a katana around for random kidney biopsies. Though, that could involve the cold embrace of death if the biopsies are done on unsuspecting people.

I was thinking more along the lines of carrying a katana around for random kidney biopsies. Though, that could involve the cold embrace of death if the biopsies are done on unsuspecting people.

KIDNEYS!!

Whoo hoo! Finished reviewing psych before 9:30pm!!!! Now, hopefully my 2 weeks of medicine masquerading as neuro (ICU, baby) will help me on the psych shelf.

Gimlet, you were right, no time to do those practice questions. I don't think I'd've had time too much over the rotation had I known about them (with my mom crashing at mine for 2 weeks instead of 2 days), and having busy psych and insane neuro schedules. Definitely worked >80hrs both weeks at the NICU.

Gimlet-

I went to a newish place called Vessel last night, and I thought of you fondly and frequently. You'll have to try it the next time that you're in my hood. The cocktails are mostly vintage specialties associated with famous establishments and/or famous bar tenders of yesteryear. The place was cool and the drinks were great.

Chrysanthemum (very good):
~1920, Germany
French vermouth, Benedictine, lemon, Pastis rinse.

Test Pilot (wildly wonderful and unexpected)
~ 1941, Ernest Raymond Beaumont Gantt, Hollywood
Rum, Pernod, Cointreau, falernum (the marvelous, magical, mysterious ingredient--do you know it?), bitters, lime

Damn fine time. They make their own falernum, which was truly wonderful.

I also went to a place called The Big Screen, where they serve you cocktails in a small theater while you watch a movie. We saw Shaun of the Dead. Good times.

OK, back to MCW matters.

I can't sleep!!!!! i'm so excited for another day!! even though its getting sorta boring.

i'm also glad I sorta dressed up today just a little bit cause so many people were all dressy! lol...i wore the skirt that matches my couch!
yeah, whoops, I was one of two in jeans on the first day. I felt a little salty because of that....

I'm short... and young looking... and a fourth year. So poo on you!

Also, happy midway through August!

I'm short... and young looking... and a fourth year. So poo on you!

Also, happy midway through August!

this month shouldn't have to end. the heat could go away, though.

Dude, you should've come here.

Eye no, write? I don't know why he didn't. :mad:

Aw, you're sweet. Whenever I read this thread I think of how much fun it might have been over there. The fact that I continue to read it attests to my sincerity. But I couldn't turn down my state school; think of the savings. Soy un chulito muy pobre.

Aw, you're sweet. Whenever I read this thread I think of how much fun it might have been over there. The fact that I continue to read it attests to my sincerity. But I couldn't turn down my state school; think of the savings. Soy un chulito muy pobre.
I understand. If you do fall in love with primary care, it would really suck if you felt that it wasn't an option because of massive student loans. Have you started school yet? You'd better not stop posting here just because you matriculate somewhere else. :D