MCPHS-Worcester c/o 2010 thread!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys!

I'm not part of the c/o 2010, but I'm applying to the next incoming class. I just have a quick question about sending the transcripts. Do the admissions committe want it in a complete packet or send them directly to their office?

I know the LORs they want them to be sent directly from the recommender..

Thanks a bunch!

They do not need everything together at the same time. They will start a file for you and compile anything you send to them into that file. I would fill out the application first though, if you haven't already.

Members don't see this ad.

Sup everyone. I have just come back from a very long vacation so I have no idea what's going on. I understand there is an orientation coming up... do i have to sign up for it ? and how do i sign up? Also I noticed on the orientation schedule that there is a placement exam or something, do I need to brush up on anything ? Some of you said you have already purchased your books. How do you know what books to buy already? I don't remember receiving any syllabus or class schedule. Lastly, how much is the tuition (not including room and board) for the pharmD program at mcphs? Hope someone could let me know. Send me an email [email protected]. Thanks.

Sup everyone. I have just come back from a very long vacation so I have no idea what's going on. I understand there is an orientation coming up... do i have to sign up for it ? and how do i sign up? Also I noticed on the orientation schedule that there is a placement exam or something, do I need to brush up on anything ? Some of you said you have already purchased your books. How do you know what books to buy already? I don't remember receiving any syllabus or class schedule. Lastly, how much is the tuition (not including room and board) for the pharmD program at mcphs? Hope someone could let me know. Send me an email [email protected]. Thanks.

hmm tuition was due earlier this month.. so if u didn't get ur bill, i would suggest to call the financial aid office or billing department. The book list is posted on the website and you also should have gotten a list as well. the best way to catch up is to read back on our posts!!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if we have a dress code for orientation? or jeans and flip flops can do?

I am very interested to find out how MCPHS is for you newbies of the class of 2010. I passed up MCPHS (Wor) for UF and wonder if I made the right decision seeing that MCP is an accelerated program and you could be out in 3 years. Keep us posted on how things are going.

I'm applying to MCPHS. Could anyone tell me about the good things of the school so I can write the application. Thanks in advance for your kindness

I'm a P2 at MCP Worcester & just wanted to welcome you to our school! Good luck & welcome :)
Tammy

i'm wondering if we can bring family/friends to the white coat ceremony... anyone know?

They do not need everything together at the same time. They will start a file for you and compile anything you send to them into that file. I would fill out the application first though, if you haven't already.

I appreciate the answer.

i'm wondering if we can bring family/friends to the white coat ceremony... anyone know?

No idea why they choose last minute to tell us the time and date of the white coat ceremony.

I'm guessing you can bring people but they did it last minute to prevent too many guests?

yours is super early compared to ours. We had out white coat in October so that may be why you got last minute news. You can bring people- they usually make way too big of a deal of it, but they have a reception and such. Have fun this week!
astevens

guys

am looking to apply for this school in fall 08, what are thier requirements, how hard to get in , can someone provide thier stats to help us, how competitive is this school,...did you guys worked as pharm tech to boost your application

guys

am looking to apply for this school in fall 08, what are thier requirements, how hard to get in , can someone provide thier stats to help us, how competitive is this school,...did you guys worked as pharm tech to boost your application

I think that with this school, pharm tech experience is very important as well as having a previous degree.. although I did not have any. The best advice is to apply early!

Members don't see this ad :)
guys

Pharmacy tech experience can help boost your chances of getting in which they did ask questions regarding my experience as a tech. Since there is no pcat for this school I would think that GPA is gonna hold a great percentage towards your admittance to the school. I only did the pre-requisites and did not pursue a degree. Having one wouldn't hurt though if the GPA is not within their expectations.

what place is better, worchester or mass?

what place is better, worchester or mass?
The city of Worcester (no "h", you don't even pronounce it with an "h") is in the state of Massachusetts (known as Mass to locals). Do you mean Manchester, NH?

Pharmacy tech experience can help boost your chances of getting in which they did ask questions regarding my experience as a tech. Since there is no pcat for this school I would think that GPA is gonna hold a great percentage towards your admittance to the school. I only did the pre-requisites and did not pursue a degree. Having one wouldn't hurt though if the GPA is not within their expectations.

well my cumulative GPA is 2.9 but my major(biology) GPA is 3.2..but i talked to an advisor there he told me they look at the cumulative one too.. i dont know am so nervous..i will apply for it..what do you think ?..i work now at both cvs and walgreens as tech

i work now at both cvs and walgreens as tech
I'm curious...does each chain know that you work for the other one?

A few years ago when I was looking for a job, I heard (and accepted) from Rite-Aid the day before Walgreen's called me back. I told them I just took a job with Rite-aid, but was still interested in Walgreen's because they had been more receptive to giving me a pharmacy position instead of a front store position. Walgreen's told me I could not work at another drugstore chain if I took their offer--it was a conflict of interest.

Hi, help, I submitted my application online. For the application fee, I opted for the waiver instead of paying for it. Please tell me how long does it take?

well my cumulative GPA is 2.9 but my major(biology) GPA is 3.2..but i talked to an advisor there he told me they look at the cumulative one too.. i dont know am so nervous..i will apply for it..what do you think ?..i work now at both cvs and walgreens as tech

Well usually it's the other way around with students having a better cumulative GPA due to electives than their biology (major) GPA. I was told that the cumulative GPA for the this year's entering P1 students is 3.4. Apply early, it can only help you. Good Luck

How's your 1st year at Worcester? Can you give feedback?
Were the courses difficult, teacher were helpful, campus has bad food and such?

Thanks for sharing.

How's your 1st year at Worcester? Can you give feedback?
Were the courses difficult, teacher were helpful, campus has bad food and such?

Thanks for sharing.

Hey there. Are you applying to MCP-Worcester? I got accepted this cycle and asked a bunch of P1s questions, so feel free to PM me if you are applying / thinking of applying. The responses the current students gave me were all very helpful (and some very lengthy + detailed too!). I'm sure it'd help them with their busy schedules if I could lend a hand, so here I am hehe.

hi
sorry i just need some help from those of you who got to worcester. can you tell me what did you write in respond to why you chose to go to worcester when you applied to their pharmacy school?
Please descrie why you want to attend the pharmacy program at massachusetts college of pharmacy and health sicence. Please also include any impression that you may have of MCPHS and Worcester area.
can someone help me answer the above question?
please email me at [email protected]
thanks

maral

hi
sorry i just need some help from those of you who got to worcester. can you tell me what did you write in respond to why you chose to go to worcester when you applied to their pharmacy school?
Please descrie why you want to attend the pharmacy program at massachusetts college of pharmacy and health sicence. Please also include any impression that you may have of MCPHS and Worcester area.
can someone help me answer the above question?
thanks

maral

well, your answer would be in the threads. To help you answer that question, you can browse the school's website, and see what unique characteristics the school has compared to others. I'm sure you know why you are interested in coming to MCPHS, else you wouldn't even have thought of it.

You guys should be getting housing info soon. I know the RD put the packets together on Monday

hi
i am applying to worcester for sept 2010. can you give me some advice on what to say in respond to the question that why I want to attend worcester and what impressions I have of worcester.
I want to apply to worcester because it is 3 years, so more convinient than 4 years programs, and it is close to my home town, toronto, canada. but of course that is not enough. can someone help me? thanks
thanks

To: greatdeals225
thanks but as i posted up there again, before seeing your answer, sorry, my reasons are that it is a 3 years program rather than 4 years, and it is close to my home town, toronto, but that is not enough of a reason. can you please give me some advice. what did you write in respond to that question? thanks
you can also email me
thanks

To: greatdeals225
thanks but as i posted up there again, before seeing your answer, sorry, my reasons are that it is a 3 years program rather than 4 years, and it is close to my home town, toronto, but that is not enough of a reason. can you please give me some advice. what did you write in respond to that question? thanks
you can also email me
thanks

well, there are advantages and disadvantages of a 4-year as opposed to a 3-year program:

3 year programs: you can finish earlier but you have to go to school year-round
4-year programs: you finish a year later but it might not be as stressful because classes are not crammed together and you do have a summer break.

hope that helps