Match Day Countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilkeeps11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
3 days 20 hours 40 minutes................good luck everybody!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Netflix has become my new best friend..but I'm trying to save some movies for Thursday night since I'm sure I won't be sleeping much!

Netflix! Good thinking. My suggestion is to find a TV series with enough seasons to get you through til Friday morning!

Netflix! Good thinking. My suggestion is to find a TV series with enough seasons to get you through til Friday morning!

I pretty much have TV shows lined up for this week- Biggest Loser finale, Survivor, American Idol, Hells Kitchen.......

Do you people not have rotations?!?

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't apply to any residencies this year. Is there any specific listing online that would tell me what residencies went unmatched?

I'm pretty sure you have to be registered for the match and PhORCAS to have access to the unmatched list on Friday.

Since it's all done through PhORCAS this year, I don't think it'd be of much use to you.

So would any of you people who are registered be kind enough send me the list via PM when it comes out?

Here's the info from the NATMATCH:

Applicants who are interested in applying to programs during the post-Match period will be able to send applications to programs that have positions available after the Match using the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS). The PhORCAS system will open for the post-Match period on March 22, 2013.

If you did not previously pay the Match registration fee and you are interested in applying for pharmacy residency programs participating in the post-Match process, you will have to pay the Match registration fee through the PhORCAS system before you can submit your applications using PhORCAS. The Match registration fee is $116. The registration fee is non-refundable and is not transferable to future Matches or other applicants.

Good luck!

Ah, so you won't be able to cold call these places and try to talk your way into an interview anymore?

From my very limited understanding, no. I think it all through PhORCAS and the fee is $75 for the first 4 applications and $25 for each additional application.

You will be able to see the list on the Monday after the match, so you can get all the materials needed that weekend (references, letter of intent, CV..)

Ah, so you won't be able to cold call these places and try to talk your way into an interview anymore?

Depends on the site. I believe some do not participate in phorcas and some allow phorcas, but accept applications via other methods, but most just went phorcas this year for financial and consolidation/simplification reasons.

Depends on the site. I believe some do not participate in phorcas and some allow phorcas, but accept applications via other methods, but most just went phorcas this year for financial and consolidation/simplification reasons.

I think nearly all sites are in PhORCAS since it was free to be a part of it this year. There is no point in trying to obtain a list of unmatched sites and calling them.

for those of you keeping score at home, we're at 2 days 20 hours and 7 minutes

Do a Lord of the Rings Marathon and you will be that much closer :laugh:

That is actually a good idea. I've never seen the films. I did season 1 of Breaking Bad and all of Community so far..haven't sleep much haha.

House of Cards on Netflix here. Community and Breaking Bad are both awesome shows though. I can't wait until this weight is lifted off my shoulders...

I had a dream that I got my bottom pick and will have to move far away from family

2 days 3 hours 15 minutes left :eek::(:eek:

Is lord of the rings on Netflix? Those movies are long... Maybe when I'm finished the email will have arrived

Not sure....but while you're at it, watch the Hobbit too! :D and we're at 38 hours people!!

No. I'm thinking more along the lines of calling the place, e-mailing CV to residency director, and hopefully get an interview offer from there.
Just out of curiosity why didn't you apply through PhORCAS?

No. I'm thinking more along the lines of calling the place, e-mailing CV to residency director, and hopefully get an interview offer from there.

You need to read the rules for this year because that is not how it works now. There are rules for when you can contact a site.

I don't think everyone is going to follow the new rules. Just a hunch.

Applicants can't apply until the following Monday through Phorcas. Sites make an agreement that they will honor the process.

Personally it sucks because we could fill the unmatched spot in hrs instead fo waiting a week.

Applicants can't apply until the following Monday through Phorcas. Sites make an agreement that they will honor the process.

Personally it sucks because we could fill the unmatched spot in hrs instead fo waiting a week.

I think having to wait is silly, honestly.

Hopefully wont have to do scramble and get first choices! Think positive!

I think having to wait is silly, honestly.

It is so candidates don't just cold call every residency program that didn't match. In speaking with RD's, they have received calls within an hour of the Match going up and they can guarantee that the candidate did zero research about their program and they're just casting a large net to catch something.

this is offtopic-- anyone else have a SO who is rooting against you matching? I ranked some out of state programs and my SO isnt happy!

It is so candidates don't just cold call every residency program that didn't match. In speaking with RD's, they have received calls within an hour of the Match going up and they can guarantee that the candidate did zero research about their program and they're just casting a large net to catch something.

Well, it IS called "scrambling".. :smuggrin:

:scared:

1 day left! I'm freaking out guys! This week went by super fast!! Good luck everyone!

22 Hours and 42 minutes!