Match 2014 Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

secants

about:blank
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Surprised no one started a thread.

#1 NYU

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
are only #1s responding lol. everyone got their #1!.

Anyway, can anyone who matched please share their info, it would really help out a third year like me who's still deciding on what and where to apply to, and how many to apply to. THanks!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Wake Forest Categorical #2. Very excited. My wife and two kids are also very excited they got their #1.

#1, UCLA! Congratulations to everyone who matched!

Anbuitachi: search my posts to see my stats, PM me if you have specific questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a PGY-1 at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, everyone who matched there put your hands in the air and say HEYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

are only #1s responding lol. everyone got their #1!.

Anyway, can anyone who matched please share their info, it would really help out a third year like me who's still deciding on what and where to apply to, and how many to apply to. THanks!!!
Check your PMs

#1 Mayo Rochester.... After a gen surg prelim year.

Congrats to all! Hope there are more people that will post here...

Hey guys congrats. I am sure that you are all currently living it up to the max. Can some of you post board scores/gpa/aoa status/ research info as well as where you matched to help out some of us 3rd years planning on going into anesthesiology. Thanks a lot!

Matched at hopkins. DO 253/262/honors/some research
Hey guys congrats. I am sure that you are all currently living it up to the max. Can some of you post board scores/gpa/aoa status/ research info as well as where you matched to help out some of us 3rd years planning on going into anesthesiology. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: 6 users
Virginia Mason!! My#2. US MD 255/280/Mostly honors/AOA top 10%

Last edited:
Did anyone who matched NYU get any type of correspondence from the program?

Just out of curiosity what was your #1 if you don't mind me asking because your stats are pretty damn impressive
OHSU. They were both very equal to me, I actually liked VM a little more. But, it ultimately came down to housing cost.

Reactions: 1 users
I went into anesthesia because I couldn't imagine doing anything else in medicine.
Then why did you go into medicine in the first place? :slap:

Seriously, you should have thought harder about choosing a specialty. You have amazing scores. I am in awe, as an IQ of 140 would be to an IQ of 180. I sincerely hope you will be as appreciated in this career as you probably deserve.

Seriously, you should have thought harder about choosing a specialty. You have amazing scores. I am in awe, as an IQ of 140 would be to an IQ of 180. I sincerely hope you will be as appreciated in this career as you probably deserve.

Are you really that shocked? I can assure you he is not the only one sporting stats like that who choose Anesthesia.

Reactions: 2 users

He did think about what speciality he wanted and he chose anesthesia.why are you putting him down, or all of us for that matter who decided on Anesthesia

Reactions: 1 users

Seriously? "In awe"? I know many residents who matched to top programs in desirable locations (SF, Boston, NYC, Chicago) with similar numbers.

You are clearly dissatisfied with your job to be an attending taking shots at MS4s on match day....but best not to take your personal frustrations out on others (especially just after match day!). I'm sorry you're not happy with your career...but many highly capable physicians find enjoyment in the field, so let them celebrate!

Congrats on all the fantastic matches! Enjoy the rest of fourth year! Best of luck to all!

He did think about what speciality he wanted and he chose anesthesia.why are you putting him down, or all of us for that matter who decided on Anesthesia
Because, with that CV, s/he could have done almost anything.

I have tremendous respect for his/her medical knowledge and passion, but I feel sorry for the book-smart type of decision-making. One should do what one enjoys the most... as long as society appreciates it.

RRTinCO deserves better than what an anesthesia career is going to offer. And this probably applies to all (future) anesthesia residents.
Seriously? "In awe"? I know many residents who matched to top programs in desirable locations (SF, Boston, NYC, Chicago) with similar numbers
If there are that many people who score 280 nowadays, maybe the USMLE should be rewritten. But I somehow doubt that's the case.

Congratulations to all who matched! Enjoy your bachelor party. You have no idea what you got yourself into. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
240-260 and AOA status is fairly common stats in anesthesia…280 is not common in any specialty

Because, with that CV, s/he could have done almost anything.

I have tremendous respect for his/her medical knowledge and passion, but I feel sorry for the book-smart type of decision-making. One should do what one enjoys the most... as long as society appreciates it.

RRTinCO deserves better than what an anesthesia career is going to offer. And this probably applies to all (future) anesthesia residents.

If there are that many people who score 280 nowadays, maybe the USMLE should be rewritten. But I somehow doubt that's the case.

Congratulations to all who matched! Enjoy your bachelor party. You have no idea what you got yourself into. :D

Honestly I appreciate all the truth-telling that goes on in this forum, but not in a match day thread... that's just cold...