Marian University (MU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 11 users
Did anyone get an update from Bryan on Friday?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't believe so. The packet given at the interview only shows affiliated hospitals in Indiana.

Reactions: 1 user
Figured I'd put my experience on here for future applicants who look back (like I did). I applied the first week I could, was put on preinterview waitlist, was offered an interview (was an early interview session, did ok I think but not great), and was waitlisted untill being accepted around a week before school started. There were a few of us who got accepted late so keep your hopes up. My gpa was 3.5-3.6ish (both science and non science) mcat 501 with plenty of medical experience, some shadowing, some volunteering, and good recommendation. I'm greatful to have been accepted. Best of luck to everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how strict the requirement is for the Sociology pre-requisite? Ive only taken psychology courses. Can I not apply anymore?

Does anyone know how strict the requirement is for the Sociology pre-requisite? Ive only taken psychology courses. Can I not apply anymore?
I got an interview last year by putting down AP human geo as a sociology course. Im sure if something fits it or is similar youre fine.

It is strict in that you do have to take a sociology. It definitely shouldn't keep you from applying though. Worse comes to worst, you can apply and always take the class before you start. I ended up taking sociology online from a community college during the summer before I started at Marian.

Reactions: 1 user
just got put on a pre-interview hold. does anyone know much about this? I am an in-state student. I hadn't heard anything since becoming complete 4 weeks ago, so I called and then just got this email. does anyone have any knowledge about outcomes for this?

just got put on a pre-interview hold. does anyone know much about this? I am an in-state student. I hadn't heard anything since becoming complete 4 weeks ago, so I called and then just got this email. does anyone have any knowledge about outcomes for this?

It is exactly what it says it is. They usually take another month or so before you get an official rejection or interview invite. For myself, the requested an updated transcript before they made the decision to interview me. I've seen a number of people post that they have gotten interview invites, but people also get rejected. I don't believe one is necessarily more likely than the other.

It is exactly what it says it is. They usually take another month or so before you get an official rejection or interview invite. For myself, the requested an updated transcript before they made the decision to interview me. I've seen a number of people post that they have gotten interview invites, but people also get rejected. I don't believe one is necessarily more likely than the other.
Thank you. I don't have much to update as I have completed my master's degree. I am doing continuing clinical work but I feel pretty confident that's not where I am lacking. It's likely GPA/MCAT issue for me :( I have over 3000 hours of clinical experience, so I feel like updating them on additional hours won't really help :(

Thank you. I don't have much to update as I have completed my master's degree. I am doing continuing clinical work but I feel pretty confident that's not where I am lacking. It's likely GPA/MCAT issue for me :( I have over 3000 hours of clinical experience, so I feel like updating them on additional hours won't really help :(
also congrats on your interview!

Okay, then they’re likely just looking at the current applications they have and yours might be borderline. Hard to say.

And I’m actually an OMS-I, but I was in your spot last year. Everything will work out some way or another.

Okay, then they’re likely just looking at the current applications they have and yours might be borderline. Hard to say.

And I’m actually an OMS-I, but I was in your spot last year. Everything will work out some way or another.
Well that's awesome! Congrats. Thanks for the feedback.