Marian University (MU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just add myself to the waitlist... at least it can't get longer; this was the last round of regular acceptance.

Been on it for a while, dont worry. How were your stats: sGPA, cGPA, and mcat?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Been on it for a while, dont worry. How were your stats: sGPA, cGPA, and mcat?
Also on the waitlist with a 3.3 CGPA, 3.2 SGPA (Microbiology is really rigorous at my school), and 508 MCAT

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone give some insights about the Master of Biomedical Science program for rejected DO applicants? I am wondering the competitiveness of the application pool, and also whether I should complete this MS program or stick to a DYI Post-Bacc program for re-application.

Can anyone give some insights about the Master of Biomedical Science program for rejected DO applicants? I am wondering the competitiveness of the application pool, and also whether I should complete this MS program or stick to a DYI Post-Bacc program for re-application.
I would like to know this as well!

I would like to know this as well!
Personally I wouldn't do a masters/postbac at Marian if that is what you are asking about. I would go somewhere with a solid track record. I believe Loyola chicagos mams program has 95% matriculation into med school after completing the program. I would look into a program similar to that one that has a proven system

Just in case anyone's been waiting to hear, we just got word from the school that they've received full accreditation.

Did anyone hear back from the waitlist? The tuition deposit deadline was today....

Did anyone hear back from the waitlist? The tuition deposit deadline was today....
I believe the admissions committee meets on Thursday so people should hear something Thursday/Friday.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe the admissions committee meets on Thursday so people should hear something Thursday/Friday.
As if the weekend before finals wasn't stressful enough haha :nailbiting: good luck to everyone who is still waiting right along with me, I feel your pain :laugh:

Also very anxiously waiting to hear back from the waitlist. Good luck to everyone. Post up if you hear anything please.

Reactions: 3 users
They will be sending out decisions on Monday! (About the alternative list)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Guess that means it's not happening for me then if I haven't heard anything, better to know now than worrying all day I guess. Congrats!
same. more waiting i guess :(

i can't remember if it was on this thread or last year's...someone noticed that in the portal, their alternate list tab changed from 2 tabs to 1. Mine just did that. did anyone else notice this or think this means anything?

i can't remember if it was on this thread or last year's...someone noticed that in the portal, their alternate list tab changed from 2 tabs to 1. Mine just did that. did anyone else notice this or think this means anything?
I did notice that on my portal this morning before I was accepted

Ok, so I found the posts about the tabs in last year's thread, but it didn't look like they ever figured out if it meant anything :smack:

Ok, so I found the posts about the tabs in last year's thread, but it didn't look like they ever figured out if it meant anything :smack:
yeah i was looking again and i was trying to see if there was any correlation like if those people got accepted or rejected..but nothing. i personally dont think it means anything

yeah i was looking again and i was trying to see if there was any correlation like if those people got accepted or rejected..but nothing. i personally dont think it means anything

Agreed. My portal changed and no acceptance, so it's most likely nothing.

Does anyone know where we can find the residency match list?

Does anyone know where we can find the residency match list?

It was never released or posted officially by the school. I honestly don't know why and it bugs me but whatever lol (I'm a current member of the class of 2017/the class that matched). If you look at the DO match list thread, I posted what I knew myself, but that only covered about 2/3 of the class. Any specific questions about a specialty or location you're interested in I can try to help. Congrats to those accepted!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did anyone receive an email from Marian today about checking your AACOMAS application for any prerequisite deficiencies?

Does anyone know when the next batch of alternate listers will be made offers?

ACCEPTED! <<Never thought I would get to write this on here. Stay hopeful everybody! Acceptance emails come when you least expect!

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED! <<Never thought I would get to write this on here. Stay hopeful everybody! Acceptance emails come when you least expect!
Congrats...I wanna get in so badly but feel like it is never gonna come

Congrats...I wanna get in so badly but feel like it is never gonna come
Thanks! That's how I felt also. I actually submitted my primary app for NEXT cycle a week ago!

Would you mind telling us your stats?
Yes sure I was 511 MCAT, 3.63 cGPA, and 3.61 sGPA. I've also been working as an MA at an urgent care since graduation december 2016 so it gave me a lot of good stuff to talk about at my interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrawing from my WL here! I hope everyone moves up on the alternate list once I'm gone:) Good luck!!

Withdrew my acceptance this morning.. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Anybody else get an email from Bryan Moody today?