Many People have come and Gone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back.

I suspect that if any of the people involved met in person everyone would have a great time and get along.

That said. I do feel compelled to comment here though, since you specifically brought up JPP ... in the context of complaining that people that "can't discuss openly the topic without insulting others, like that make their point more strong or legit (bullying" ...

That's rich, man. Irony so thick I hardly know what to say.

100% of the pushback and cautioning that the site admin staff directed toward JPP was because of his bullying and HAHAHAHA YOUR STUPID mixed font :yawn: kind of belittling and denigrating crap he directed toward other posters.

When he wasn't waxing philosophical about how great he was, that is.

I argued with him publicly about the way he shouted down other people on a number of occasions, and several times by private messaging, so any time there was a post of his reported by members (and it happened a lot) I generally recused myself from any discussion, lest my own bias affect the outcome. He acted entitled and felt like he owned the forum, that it was his personal little fiefdom to run his narcissistic schtick and personality cult. And when he was told the anesthesia forum wasn't his kingdom to do whatever he wanted, he left in a huff to go set up his own alternate forum kingdom. But apparently the personality cult wasn't as well populated as he thought it was.

He was "colorful" all right ... in that his color frequently stooped to the very bullying you're complaining about.

He was a smart guy who contributed a lot of great clinical and non-clinical stuff to the forum, but he just couldn't help being a dick to a lot of people. THAT was the source of his conflict with various mods and admins. It didn't start with him trolling the FM forum, and it sure didn't end there.
I never understood the God-like worship he received from so many on here. He reminds me so much of all the worst of Donald Trump.....
.......and I even voted/will vote for Trump!

And that font nonsense....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
wow that was a trip down memory lane.... (vent dependent!) lots of you helped me tons as a resident... i think i got on here when i was going through the match. personally I would love less politics and bs talk... and more clinical discussion and dealing with the business of anesthesia and medicine.

Reactions: 4 users
I never understood the God-like worship he received from so many on here. He reminds me so much of all the worst of Donald Trump.....
.......and I even voted/will vote for Trump!

And that font nonsense....
The arrogance was difficult to tolerate. I’m sure he’s a nice guy in real life but his internet persona was too much for me. The younger, more impressionable posters ate it up though.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
There is a lot of disrespect on this forum. And I call it out when the mods don’t. The one main moderator on here gives everyone a warning instead of shutting the jerks down.

People like to call others idiots and belittle them and try to bring BS old crap on here to try to embarrass them and yet the rest of us who call out the jerks are told not to “fall for the trolls”.

Bullies are allowed to thrive on here and it takes multiple, multiple offenses to get them banned. And all the sexist comments continue but we are all suppose to be alright with it.

I feel you @Noyac.

I got a thread of mine completely removed and deleted and I don’t start a lot of threads. Apparently I pissed off someone real high and mighty and lots of White people. Because the mods have never seen a thread deleted before.

Whatever. Plenty of racial and sexist
s hit oh here that don’t get deleted and even gets encouraged.

Truth is there is lots of tolerance for certain characters but not others.

ive been on here a long time, found this forum as I started med school.
I think the forum ebbs and flows a bit in its quality. I post more when there are interesting clinical threads.
Not much the last few months - but there is plenty of good stuff from time to time, and I don’t really see alternative forums that are similar.

as for the sexist (boys club / locker room) comments-you’re right.

I’m a middle aged guy, and I guess I’ve matured a bit over the years.
Some of my earlier off topic posts I’m not proud of, and I now consider inappropriate... my belated apologies

Not that much, it did spice things up a bit. (Back when the internet pc police hadn't gathered so many members).
No, I recall so many who worshiped him and it was not allowed to speak ill of him or you would feel the wrath of the mob. It was really strange.

Welcome back.

I suspect that if any of the people involved met in person everyone would have a great time and get along.

That said. I do feel compelled to comment here though, since you specifically brought up JPP ... in the context of complaining that people that "can't discuss openly the topic without insulting others, like that make their point more strong or legit (bullying" ...

That's rich, man. Irony so thick I hardly know what to say.

100% of the pushback and cautioning that the site admin staff directed toward JPP was because of his bullying and HAHAHAHA YOUR STUPID mixed font :yawn: kind of belittling and denigrating crap he directed toward other posters.

When he wasn't waxing philosophical about how great he was, that is.

I argued with him publicly about the way he shouted down other people on a number of occasions, and several times by private messaging, so any time there was a post of his reported by members (and it happened a lot) I generally recused myself from any discussion, lest my own bias affect the outcome. He acted entitled and felt like he owned the forum, that it was his personal little fiefdom to run his narcissistic schtick and personality cult. And when he was told the anesthesia forum wasn't his kingdom to do whatever he wanted, he left in a huff to go set up his own alternate forum kingdom. But apparently the personality cult wasn't as well populated as he thought it was.

He was "colorful" all right ... in that his color frequently stooped to the very bullying you're complaining about.

He was a smart guy who contributed a lot of great clinical and non-clinical stuff to the forum, but he just couldn't help being a dick to a lot of people. THAT was the source of his conflict with various mods and admins. It didn't start with him trolling the FM forum, and it sure didn't end there.

No one is going to ban you over some cashgrab conspiracy theory by a 501(c)3 nonprofit. Don't be a drama queen.

I love you too,
PGG!!!
Can't figure out how to change fonts and colors while posting this using my phone
Hope all is well!

Reactions: 7 users
What in the actual FUAK?

I just saw a ghost.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome back!

Life is good. Hope you're living well too. Stick around. :)

And it looks like you're still a dick.
Pgg, you're still talking bad about me?
In Year 2020?
I haven't been here for a Decade man, and you're still butt hurt because of my writing style and presence back in the day?
Hey man, I felt a need to share my real life stories, and that's how I chose to share it...via stories...and via however I wanted to depict it visually.
I think it's funny that a decade later you're still complaining about my writing style.
Dude You Gotta Let It Go.
It's been 10 years man.

• Love
WHAT UP!
Hope all is well with everyone!
Just want to say many thanks for your past contributions. It's a wealth of information (like the pro-tips for private practice) that I have poured over.

• Love
And it looks like you're still a dick.
Pgg, you're still talking bad about me?
In Year 2020?
I haven't been here for a Decade man, and you're still butt hurt because of my writing style and presence back in the day?
Hey man, I felt a need to share my real life stories, and that's how I chose to share it...via stories...and via however I wanted to depict it visually.
I think it's funny that a decade later you're still complaining about my writing style.
Dude You Gotta Let It Go.
It's been 10 years man.
Hey, I just politely welcomed you back.

I posted earlier to correct some misinformation posted by Noyac. I even acknowledged the positive contributions you used to make.

I don't like you. You don't have to like me. We can leave it at that.

Stay or go, up to you. Don't troll, don't abuse people, and you'll be welcome here forever.

I read your private practice thread and jetpearls regularly. I also spent a ton of time reading through all the clinical threads circa 2006-7. You have such a wealth of knowledge and I hope you stay for a while.

Just want to say many thanks for your past contributions. It's a wealth of information (like the pro-tips for private practice) that I have poured over.

Thanks for the kind words.
I think it may be time for a COMEBACK!
Remember when Brett Favre left the Packers and came out of retirement and put a purple uniform on?
Kinda like that but with wayyyyyyyy less money and bravado.
Lol
Hope all is well.

Hey, I just politely welcomed you back.

I posted earlier to correct some misinformation posted by Noyac. I even acknowledged the positive contributions you used to make.

I don't like you. You don't have to like me. We can leave it at that.

Stay or go, up to you. Don't troll, don't abuse people, and you'll be welcome here forever.

Hey,
Don't sugarcoat.
I read your scathing description of me. That you wrote recently.
I'm honored that I'm still in your head a decade later.
Like it or not, Slim, I'll write how I wanna write, when I wanna write, and I'll be transparent like always and if that requires calling people out,
I'll do it.
Sorry if I've hurt your feelings.
This is an extremely hard yet gratifying job...being an anesthesiologist...you should be Refreshed that I'm back!
Lol
(It's a joke man please don't report me to the Principal)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I love you too,
PGG!!!
Can't figure out how to change fonts and colors while posting this using my phone
Hope all is well!
Did you all not see that JPP liked a post like two months ago on this thread?

I was wondering if he would post something.

I’ll tell you why I miss you JPP. Since you left, I got my private pilot license. Working on instrument currently.

You used to talk about flying sometimes. Now I’ll understand it.

Last edited:
Ya, and I was forced to give up my Buttsnorkeler avatar.
A travesty!!! I wondered what caused you to change it. Funny how it's such an easy habit to associate someone's avie with their name.

Me love you long time.

Last edited:
I can see that!
2 Live Crew rap lyric. I figured Salty would get the reference/joke of simple admiration.
Right. Two things immediately annoyed me about your post: 1) the idiotic shortening of "avatar" to "avie." Dumb 2) the usage of a lyrical snippet from "Me So Horny" in a vain attempt at humor. Try harder.

Right. Two things immediately annoyed me about your post: 1) the idiotic shortening of "avatar" to "avie." Dumb 2) the usage of a lyrical snippet from "Me So Horny" in a vain attempt at humor. Try harder.

It's a good thing I'm not concerned about your annoyance - or your vain attempt at condescension - since my post wasn't written to you.

You get off by telling people of your petty grievances on an anonymous board? Avie. Avie. Avie. It's a common abbreviation, Highbrow.

It's a good thing I'm not concerned about your annoyance - or your vain attempt at condescension - since my post wasn't written to you.

You get off by telling people of your petty grievances on an anonymous board? Avie. Avie. Avie. It's a common abbreviation, Highbrow.

Apparently you are or else you wouldn't have replied.

Ok yes I am here but only for a minute, because a close friend sent a shout out. I dont waste my time on forums like this that censor their participants in the name of finances (think Facebook, they do the opposite and seem to profit but it’s all the same). I also don’t waste my time on forums were people can’t discuss openly the topic without insulting others, like that makes their point more strong or legit (bullying, but it’s allowed because of finances and again think Facebook). That right there has been the single worse change since I was a moderator that I can tell.

The move years ago was all about getting advertisement money. This site is all about the Benjamin’s. If they allowed people like me to moderate then they would lose the up-and-coming (medstuds,nurses, LAWYERS, administrators, insurance crooks, pharmaceutical scammers, gov’t lobiests, The list goes on) members who we all have to deal with now. The ones that can’t let someone be colorful on an anonymous forum. That was JPP’s talent and some twerp moderator from some other forum got his panties in a wad. While all of us here were so damn accustomed to it and understood the nature of the comments that we didn’t notice it. It was also a new member that raised the card as well and admin decided it was bad for business. So there you have it.

Adminstrators went for the cash.

And would anyone say things are better now?

I know one person would, any guesses who?

ivekept my silence for a long time but someone necrobumped the topic and so I chimed in.

I am otherwise no longer frequenting this forum that stands to make money off of me. And Salty, no more fake oddball cases for you to ponder either. Did I tell you about the gallbladder I did today? It was nutz.

if I show up banned you all will know who did it.
peace out
+100. Can't love this post enough.

I wholeheartedly agree. There are double standards based on the type of user they want (e.g. level of donor, or political leanings). It's mostly about the money (more eyeballs = disproportionately more money).

It didn't click a few months ago, when I was seeing banners basically advertising direct access to administration as a donor, or something like that. Now it's crystal. I didn't get even one warning (I think) during the first 7 years of my posting here, just to get warned and have my post deleted twice in 7 weeks, after pissing off some lifetime donors. One of whom would have been suspended on any decent forum, for bullying, a long time ago. The second time, I recognized my knee-jerk mistake and apologized immediately, just to still be banned from the thread for "harassing members". Yep, that's what I have been doing here for 7-8 years.

Not criticizing the moderator, though he's obviously biased, mostly due to politics; God knows it's not a grateful job, especially as a volunteer. I'm criticizing the policies and the kind of people they have attracted. This is basically a Zoomer-level forum; one should not waste time here if one has life experience in the real world, not psychiatric disorders induced by too much social media and pampering.

There is no respect for the time some people have put in here. I see users banned after many years of quality posting, for their personal politics or pissing off the wrong people. A couple of mistakes, and the person is gone (" we warned him multiple times, blah-blah"). Seriously? The only longtime user that should be banned is the one with a bad character, a sociopath, malignant narcissist and/or bully.

They should look up gratefulness in a dictionary. Even if one thinks that a post only takes 5 minutes on average (it's usually much more for the quality posters), 1,000 posts would take like 80+ hours. That's more than $10K of foregone income for even the worst paid anesthesiology attending. Multiply that by 10 in my case (and many others), and compare it with the $200 for the lifetime donors. You're welcome, SDN! Not that I don't appreciate my good times here.

As Noyac said, above (not that I could even compare myself to Noyac):

"if I show up banned you all will know who did it.
peace out"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Okay...

I wholeheartedly agree. There are double standards based on the type of user they want (e.g. level of donor, or political leanings). It's mostly about the money (more eyeballs = disproportionately more money).

It didn't click a few months ago, when I was seeing banners basically advertising direct access to administration as a donor, or something like that. Now it's crystal. I didn't get even one warning (I think) during the first 7 years of my posting here, just to get warned and have my post deleted twice in 7 weeks, after pissing off some lifetime donors. One of whom would have been suspended on any decent forum, for bullying, a long time ago. The second time, I recognized my knee-jerk mistake and apologized immediately, just to still be banned from the thread for "harassing members". Yep, that's what I have been doing here for 7-8 years.

Not criticizing the moderator, though he's obviously biased, mostly due to politics; God knows it's not a grateful job, especially as a volunteer. I'm criticizing the policies and the kind of people they have attracted. This is basically a Zoomer-level forum; one should not waste time here if one has life experience in the real world, not psychiatric disorders induced by too much social media and pampering.

There is no respect for the time some people have put in here. I see users banned after many years of quality posting, for their personal politics or pissing off the wrong people. A couple of mistakes, and the person is gone (" we warned him multiple times, blah-blah"). Seriously? The only longtime user that should be banned is the one with a bad character, a sociopath, malignant narcissist and/or bully.

They should look up gratefulness in a dictionary. Even if one thinks that a post only takes 5 minutes on average (it's usually much more for the quality posters), 1,000 posts would take like 80+ hours. That's more than $10K of foregone income for even the worst paid anesthesiology attending. Multiply that by 10 in my case (and many others), and compare it with the $200 for the lifetime donors. You're welcome, SDN! Not that I don't appreciate my good times here.

peace out"

Very few people should ever be banned.

Very few people should ever be silenced.

I can't understand why the tyrannical left doesn't understand this very simple and wonderful concept. Let people speak. Ideas don't hurt. Opinions don't harm.

peace out"
Is this another fake Goodbye post? Cuz you do this every few months and clearly you miss the drama and keep coming back to continue to call us stupid and cry about being cancelled because the White man is being silenced and losing power.
Cut the fake ass Goodbyes. And if this time
It’s for real, well don’t let the door hit you where the good Lord split ya!

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
Is this another fake Goodbye post? Cuz you do this every few months and clearly you miss the drama and keep coming back to continue to call us stupid and cry about being cancelled because the White man is being silenced and losing power.
"The simplest way to activate someone's identity is to threaten it, to tell them they don't deserve what they have, to make them consider that it might be taken away. The experience of losing status - and being told your loss of status is part of society's march to justice - is itself radicalizing." - Ezra Klein, writer for VOX.

You are not doing what you think you are doing, unfortunately.

"The simplest way to activate someone's identity is to threaten it, to tell them they don't deserve what they have, to make them consider that it might be taken away. The experience of losing status - and being told your loss of status is part of society's march to justice - is itself radicalizing." - Ezra Klein, writer for VOX.

What exactly are we talking about here? Who’s saying anyone is not deserving of his or her identity?
I am just trying to call out a faker who’s always saying he’s done but somehow always finds his way back.
He’s crying wolf as he always does and now that other groups are trying to equally get their identities people like him and maybe you are crying “cancel culture! Cancel culture! The straight White man is being threatened!!!”

Well cry us a river will ya?

• Dislike
I find that you're the one constantly trying to make things about race that aren't about race. It's really annoying actually but I don't think you should be banned for it.

• Love

That's a very eloquent quote you posted in defense of someone who snarls about zoomer snowflakes and censorship out of one side of his mouth....while demanding respect and gratefulness for his internet posts and complaining about "bullies" he wants banned out of the other side of his mouth.

May I buy you a mirror?

• Haha
May I buy you a mirror?
I don’t constantly call people stupid. I am not condescending like you are to people who ask clinical questions. If I take a break I don’t come on here advertising it looking for recognition.
In other words, I am not a “malignant narcissist” like you described yourself.
Nah dude, that is all you.

• Dislike
Status
Not open for further replies.