Surgeons that come with their own Benny Hill theme song

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woopedazz

Gassy McGasface
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Worked with a legendary/mythological surgical trainee. Excellent bloke, hardworking, but did some outrageous ****.

1. Was sweaty during surgery. So he wiped his forehead... While holding a scalpel... Sliced himself from ear-to-ear across his brow.

2. Couldn't find any scrub pants his size. So was wearing XXXL. Trauma pager went off so he turned to run to resus... Pants fell down... He shuffle-ran with pants around his ankles until he fell over halfway down the hallway.

3. Sutured the anaesthetist's hand through the surgical drapes by accident when closing.

Legendary form.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Worked with a legendary/mythological surgical trainee. Excellent bloke, hardworking, but did some outrageous ****.

1. Was sweaty during surgery. So he wiped his forehead... While holding a scalpel... Sliced himself from ear-to-ear across his brow.

2. Couldn't find any scrub pants his size. So was wearing XXXL. Trauma pager went off so he turned to run to resus... Pants fell down... He shuffle-ran with pants around his ankles until he fell over halfway down the hallway.

3. Sutured the anaesthetist's hand through the surgical drapes by accident when closing.

Legendary form.

No way that is real

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Legendary form.
I'm imagining this happening all in one day with more stories happening like regularly scheduled programming.

Reactions: 3 users
I remember watching a resident drip sweat off his brow into an abdominal field. On about the third drop I suggested he fix that.

The rest of theses stories I have unfortunately never witnessed.

I’ve heard a story where a CT surgeon sutured
In a replacement valve in upside down initially.

Reactions: 1 user