Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey congrats to all of u who've made it! but i have to know, for those who made it, do you guys have a bachelors degree or will have one before LLU starts? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I will have one by the end of this semester and I'm starting in the fall. I heard they like people with bachelor degree though

Omgosh, I love barbeques!! I'll bring korean bbq. I don't think I can live without it. So long as we don't bring it on campus, right? :rolleyes: meowmeow, I'm going to finish my Bachelor's by May 2007.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the reply dr. biassi and ilovepharm! i wonder if anyone got in for this coming fall w/o a bachelor's? i want to go to LLU cuz i want to meet all of u and go to the bbq!!

I heard they like people with bachelor degree though

Oh, if that's so, then I'll more likely get rejected by LLU soon ^^;;;;
*starts counting the days 'til rejection letter arrives*

i want to go to LLU cuz i want to meet all of u and go to the bbq!!

yea, me too, meow.
Btw, I <3 your username. MEOW! =D

hey congrats to all of u who've made it! but i have to know, for those who made it, do you guys have a bachelors degree or will have one before LLU starts? Thanks!

I will earn my bachelors degree this June.

I finally emailed Rick about the remaining interviews, and this was his response: "As far as remaining spots go, we will be having interviews for the alternate list starting soon, and we expect them to end by the end of March. So you can tell your friends that they should be hearing from us around the end of March."

I don't know what he means by, interviewing for the alternate list.... but check your voice mails religiously around the end of March!

P.S. For those who have been asking, I just received my acceptance packet in the mail 5 seconds ago. The nonrefundable $500 fee is due within 15 days of receiving the packet, and it was postmarked March 8. (Ms. Williams lied! She told me it was sent out Mon or Tuesday! :p)

I just paid my deposit today! i will see all of you in sept!

Oh, if that's so, then I'll more likely get rejected by LLU soon ^^;;;;
*starts counting the days 'til rejection letter arrives*

yea, me too, meow.
Btw, I <3 your username. MEOW! =D

Thanks crystalpink! There's more behind it ;) . Anyway, thanks to everyone else who replied!

Ilovepharm, thanks for updating us what rick said! I'll even answer my phone during class! (hopefully its not one of those usual stalkers...) :p
JK.

Cool!!! More people are getting accepted. I hope to see you guys there this september if I pass my PHYS

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool!!! More people are getting accepted. I hope to see you guys there this september if I pass my PHYS

Phys... are you talking about PHYSICS? Eweee. I hated physics the most. I personally think it's completely useless. Why is it a prerequisite.......:p

Phys... are you talking about PHYSICS? Eweee. I hated physics the most. I personally think it's completely useless. Why is it a prerequisite.......:p
I agree...physics was my most hated subject! I think they must use it to weed people out, cuz it certainly doesn't seem useful.

I find it very weird that most schools require physics as a prereq, but biochem is not always required. Isn't biochem pretty important when you go into pharm school?

Yes, biochem seems way more important. I don't have my little prereq chart in front of me, but I think that only two of the 7 schools in CA require biochem...USC & Western.

At Loma Linda you take Biochemistry in Pharmacy schools. So they don't really need it as a prerequisite. Yeap I'm talking about physics. I hope I will pass both with a C so I can start in the fall.

At Loma Linda you take Biochemistry in Pharmacy schools. So they don't really need it as a prerequisite. Yeap I'm talking about physics. I hope I will pass both with a C so I can start in the fall.

Hi Dr.Biassi, I'm currently taking 1 prereq. and I still have to take 2 prereq. next quarter. I've been doing okay so far, but I'm just curious what is the minimum grade we need to get in these classes C or C-. Do you know if getting too many C's is a problem. Have you asked admissions? AAhhhhh.... can't wait for a restful summer.

Thanks.

I'm very curious about this too! Not that I'm going to suddenly fail all my classes, but when I got the acceptance letter, I felt more relaxed about my last semester. I'm just wondering how relaxed I can be. Maybe it's time I bug Rick again. :D

i will already have a BS... looking forward to meet you all as well!

Loma Linda requires at least a C in all of your prerequisites. As long as you have a C there won't be any problem. Some other school require C- though but not Loma Linda. And Rick confirmed it when we discussed my prerequisites. He told me:"you need to retake both physics and complete them with at least a C".

I believe if you are accepted and you complete the rest of the prerequisites with a C, there won't be a problem at LLU or any other schools.

You know whats worse than physics.. Physical Chemistry I think it was the hardest class I've had to date. Anyway I think physics is important to know since it is the base of all other sciences. Don't get me wrong I hate it and it was a big factor in changing my major from Aerospace Engineering to Chemistry but I still think it is relavent and we all should have a basic idea of the princples.

I have one prereq to go (anatomy) I can't wait for the easiest summer ever. I think this will be the first summer without summer school in 4 years for me. Im just going to relax and go to Hawaii, Cancun, and Puerto Rico.

ilovepharm said:
I finally emailed Rick about the remaining interviews, and this was his response: "As far as remaining spots go, we will be having interviews for the alternate list starting soon, and we expect them to end by the end of March. So you can tell your friends that they should be hearing from us around the end of March."

I don't know what he means by, interviewing for the alternate list.... but check your voice mails religiously around the end of March!

Thank you for finding out for us! So alternate list? Are we supposed to be notified if we were put on the alternate list?? If yes, then I think I'm out of luck. :scared: I really really want to go to LLU, please, give me a chance!

I was also wondering, I noticed that LLU has not sent me any letters notifying me of my status, or regarding my prerequisites, or anything, except for a financial aid letter with instructions to apply. Did any of you guys receive anything throughout the whole process, other than the interview request phone call, and the interview results phone call/ letter? And how/when does LLU send rejections pre-interview? When I called the office, they just told me to check my application status on their application site, which doesn't feel very reassuring.
Thanks for your help in advance. :)

I did not receive any letters or emails regarding my application status before I received the call for interview.

I haven't received anything from them either. I know, it is a little unnerving. I called them, and they just said the same thing...check your application online & if it looks complete, then it is. Sigh.

August 25 which is a saturday plan on a BBQ for all Loma Linda students class of 2011 at my place. I hace several students that are currently attending LLU coming so we can all talk to them an find out what to expect. I'll give more details later. I would have it closer to oreintation but im ging to Hawaii for two weeks on Sunday. Also a reminder let me know if your looking for a place to live sometime in june. My dad owns apartments about 5 min fom the school in Redlands

August 25 which is a saturday plan on a BBQ for all Loma Linda students class of 2011 at my place. I hace several students that are currently attending LLU coming so we can all talk to them an find out what to expect. I'll give more details later. I would have it closer to oreintation but im ging to Hawaii for two weeks on Sunday. Also a reminder let me know if your looking for a place to live sometime in june. My dad owns apartments about 5 min fom the school in Redlands

Sputnik !!! i'm lookin for a place to live starting september. I will be going to the pharm school. I pm you about it but you never replied. I'm trying to see if I can get an apartment off campus!!!! Let me know

no places yet but in june there are a lot of openings. There are two big universities here; Redlands University and LLU so usually in June there are several openings. Ill keep you posted

Sputnik !!! i'm lookin for a place to live starting september. I will be going to the pharm school. I pm you about it but you never replied. I'm trying to see if I can get an apartment off campus!!!! Let me know

Have you herd from any body else from our group that had got accpeted. I have not so let me know

no places yet but in june there are a lot of openings. There are two big universities here; Redlands University and LLU so usually in June there are several openings. Ill keep you posted

I heard one other person got accepted. He was on SDN like a couple months ago. Other than that nobody else. May be the others are not on SDN or something. Thank you for the room thing. Keep me posted!!! I hope to see you in september.

me neither. But I heard from my friend that LLU has interview sessions until April.

I called them 2 mins ago and they said 'all students would hear from the by the end of March.'

I haven't heard anything either....

Hope this helps.

Hey all of you loma linda pharmacy school prospective and future students. I am new to SDN and i really like the site:love: . I applied to LLU too, but i have not heard anything from them yet. I was at the open house as well. I was wondering, did any of u who attended also filled out that green sheet with ur email address so Ms william could tell u what was ur application status? did u receive any response?
I really want to be part of the 2011 class.....it seem like it is going to be a fun class. If everybody is going to hear from them by the end of march, does that include interviews too??

Hey all of you loma linda pharmacy school prospective and future students. I am new to SDN and i really like the site:love: . I applied to LLU too, but i have not heard anything from them yet. I was at the open house as well. I was wondering, did any of u who attended also filled out that green sheet with ur email address so Ms william could tell u what was ur application status? did u receive any response?
I really want to be part of the 2011 class.....it seem like it is going to be a fun class. If everybody is going to hear from them by the end of march, does that include interviews too??

Hey pharmapure, welcome to SDN!

Anyway, what green sheet are u talking about? i did everything online but no news for me yet. as for the end of march thing, i dunno.

Hey pharmapure, welcome to SDN!

Anyway, what green sheet are u talking about? i did everything online but no news for me yet. as for the end of march thing, i dunno.

Thanks meowmeow. The green sheet was given on open house day, at the end.

I was wondering, did any of u who attended also filled out that green sheet with ur email address so Ms william could tell u what was ur application status? did u receive any response?
I also filled out the green sheet, but did not get a response.

anybody know how loma linda (or california schools in general) feel about non-resident applicants?? im from chicago but i hear most california schools only like california residents!

Hi everyone, I'm new to SDN but I've been lurking for awhile....all of the posted information about LLU has been so helpful...my interview is this friday the 16th..and I'm so nervous.... I've had two so far...but it's not looking good... But I really feel that LLU is for me.. any last minute advice??

BTW thanks ilovepharm for the helpful info..

anybody know how loma linda (or california schools in general) feel about non-resident applicants?? im from chicago but i hear most california schools only like california residents!

All of the california schools (minus UCSD and UCSF) are private institutions, so they're not supposed to have preference for California residents. Unfortunately, it's hard to tell if they really follow that guideline or not. Everyone at my Loma Linda interview was from California, but my friend had some out of state interviewees at hers.

I'm from out of state. got accepted to LLU

Hi everyone, I'm new to SDN but I've been lurking for awhile....all of the posted information about LLU has been so helpful...my interview is this friday the 16th..and I'm so nervous.... I've had two so far...but it's not looking good... But I really feel that LLU is for me.. any last minute advice??

BTW thanks ilovepharm for the helpful info..

Your welcome, Stell. Thanks for your info. ;) Loma Linda was my 3rd interview as well and I got in, so hopefully for you, third time's a charm! This interview was the most casual and most relaxing one for me. They told me they were impressed by my upbeat personality and genuine interest in the program. Rick will probably sit around with you guys for questions while you are waiting--I asked him ALOT of questions. If you see him, tell him Mary says Hi!! He's surprisingly young so he's fun to talk to.

Don't stress! I just remembered during my interview, I asked Rick how many people get accepted in general. He told me that by the time classes start, usually 75% of all interviewees get accepted, and probably even more so this year since they are interviewing less than last year. He said very FEW people get rejected-- most either get accepted or placed on alternate. Rick said your interview has to be very bad, or you seem like you wouldn't be able to fit into the school for you to get rejected. Remember to be yourself as always, and DO NOT PARK AT LOT U. It's freaking far. :p

Thanks again ilovepharm...May I ask, what other schools did you have interviews with?

Your welcome, Stell. Thanks for your info. ;) Loma Linda was my 3rd interview as well and I got in, so hopefully for you, third time's a charm! This interview was the most casual and most relaxing one for me. They told me they were impressed by my upbeat personality and genuine interest in the program. Rick will probably sit around with you guys for questions while you are waiting--I asked him ALOT of questions. If you see him, tell him Mary says Hi!! He's surprisingly young so he's fun to talk to.

Don't stress! I just remembered during my interview, I asked Rick how many people get accepted in general. He told me that by the time classes start, usually 75% of all interviewees get accepted, and probably even more so this year since they are interviewing less than last year. He said very FEW people get rejected-- most either get accepted or placed on alternate. Rick said your interview has to be very bad, or you seem like you wouldn't be able to fit into the school for you to get rejected. Remember to be yourself as always, and DO NOT PARK AT LOT U. It's freaking far. :p

Hmm.....Pacific University, Oregon (1/27), Western U (2/24), Turned down Oregon State U (3/2) and I have one more: USC (3/17) I applied really late for all of these schools. I applied right on the postmarked date for each and everyone. I'm bad. :p

ahhhh, I can't believe it... I got accepted to Loma Linda today!!!

CONGRATS STELL :clap: LLU Class of 2011 is going to rock!!

mine was going to be in March, but I had to adjust because I couldn't register for my Stats class post graduation. Now I'm June also.

I guess I'll c u during the graduation ceremony then!