Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimpervious

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to know if anyone got a call from Loma LInda from the Feb. 16 group. I know they were going to call us later because of the holiday...but I'm getting worried because it's already Monday.

Good luck and thanks for letting me know in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I just wanted to know if anyone got a call from Loma LInda from the Feb. 16 group. I know they were going to call us later because of the holiday...but I'm getting worried because it's already Monday.

Good luck and thanks for letting me know in advance!

Hi, I was in the Feb 16th group. I heard if you get accepted, they will call you know no later than 3 days. Since I haven't heard anything, I think I got rejected. Anyone from that group please share your status. Thanks!

Hi, I was in the Feb 16th group. I heard if you get accepted, they will call you know no later than 3 days. Since I haven't heard anything, I think I got rejected. Anyone from that group please share your status. Thanks!

Hi, I interviewed on a friday and found out on monday, earlier this month. The person that gave me the news said the comittee met that day (monday). Maybe they meet every monday and because of the holiday they met today instead.

How did your interviews go? Someone in admissions during the interview day told me that most people who interview get in, unless your interview went terribly bad. LLU does not give out a lot of interviews so you stood out somehow when they gave you the invite.

Good Luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
DId you interviewed exactly on 2/16? I know I didn't do great, but I am sure it isn't THAT bad, since I already got into one school. LLU was my 4th interview. I guess they are getting harder now toward the end.

Hi, I interviewed on a friday and found out on monday, earlier this month. The person that gave me the news said the comittee met that day (monday). Maybe they meet every monday and because of the holiday they met today instead.

How did your interviews go? Someone in admissions during the interview day told me that most people who interview get in, unless your interview went terribly bad. LLU does not give out a lot of interviews so you stood out somehow when they gave you the invite.

Good Luck.

DId you interviewed exactly on 2/16? I know I didn't do great, but I am sure it isn't THAT bad, since I already got into one school. LLU was my 4th interview. I guess they are getting harder now toward the end.

No not 2/16. And yes you might be right they might be getting harder now.

I do remember Rick saying that because of the holiday, we'd hear by Monday at the earliest...I think he said "earliest". Let's wait and see because I am getting pretty nervous.

I interviewed last Friday 2/23 and Rick said we'll hear from them on Wednesday the earliest and Friday the latest.

chemTA, kimpervious, and wannabe, when did you guys submit your applications?

chemTA, kimpervious, and wannabe, when did you guys submit your applications?

I tried to submit my application on Oct. 15 before the priority deadline. There was sth wrong with the link so I can't officially get everything submitted till Oct. 16th. I called and told them the situation, the guy said my application will still be considered early admission. I got my interview pretty late though. So, I don't know.

I tried to submit my application on Oct. 15 before the priority deadline. There was sth wrong with the link so I can't officially get everything submitted till Oct. 16th. I called and told them the situation, the guy said my application will still be considered early admission. I got my interview pretty late though. So, I don't know.

Wow Are you serious? My application was way after the priority deadline!!!!! Nov 15th. But I got interviewed and accepted like a month ago. I wonder why is that!!!!! can you tell me you statistics?

I submitted my application Oct. 16ish...I'm not sure what the official date was. Hmm..I wonder if they're going to look at our application the same time as the Feb. 26 group. =( Waiting is no fun.

I submitted my application Oct. 13 and all of my transcripts were received by oct. 15; so I was ED.

Does anyone know if they are approaching a full class yet? Has anyone asked this during their interview.

The same thing happened to me. Some lady said the same thing, but I have not heard a thing from them. I think I might call them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got invited to the interview for this friday, March 2. Not many days to prepare so I'm super nervous! I'm curious as to how many seats they've filled as well. I submitted everything postmarked 12/15. I'm bad. :p

I just got invited to the interview for this friday, March 2. Not many days to prepare so I'm super nervous! I'm curious as to how many seats they've filled as well. I submitted everything postmarked 12/15. I'm bad. :p

Don't panick. You don't really need to prepare for the interview. It is relax. Read your application. It is open file!!!!!!

I submitted my application Oct. 16ish...I'm not sure what the official date was. Hmm..I wonder if they're going to look at our application the same time as the Feb. 26 group. =( Waiting is no fun.

I feel you.

I do remember Rick saying that because of the holiday, we'd hear by Monday at the earliest...I think he said "earliest". Let's wait and see because I am getting pretty nervous.

You mean this monday? 2/26th?

I submitted my application Oct. 13 and all of my transcripts were received by oct. 15; so I was ED.

Does anyone know if they are approaching a full class yet? Has anyone asked this during their interview.

Someone from my interview group asked about how many people they have accepted, but they are not supposed to tell you that. But there are still spots. All I know is they are looking for a class of 65 people for this upcoming year. I hope they will be able to get their full accreditation status this summer, since they did not pass last summer.

I emailed Rick earlier today and he responded!

They reviewed the Feb. 16 and Feb. 23(?) interviews yesterday! We should be hearing from them soon. Well...I can't be for sure about the Feb. 23rd interview..but it's a fact for the Feb. 16. I don't see why they wouldn't review both groups at the same time.

Good luck to everyone and post anything if you hear anything!

Thank Rick too for helping us relax a bit.

I emailed Rick earlier today and he responded!

They reviewed the Feb. 16 and Feb. 23(?) interviews yesterday! We should be hearing from them soon. Well...I can't be for sure about the Feb. 23rd interview..but it's a fact for the Feb. 16. I don't see why they wouldn't review both groups at the same time.

Good luck to everyone and post anything if you hear anything!

Thank Rick too for helping us relax a bit.

Thank you!

Good luck on getting in and let us know

My application wasn't submitted until 12/13 or so and I got in the same day as Dr. Biassi.

ilovepharm
Don't worry about the interview they are real nice and make you feel at home. I read over LLU info and also got some help reading SDN. Try to have a decent question but I think once you have an interveiw the spot is yours to lose.

are we required to submit our AP scores? why is it that on my application status page, it lists a third college transcript and it is for the AP exam.

ilovepharm, congrats on your interview. I submitted my application 12/15 too. Still waiting....

are we required to submit our AP scores? why is it that on my application status page, it lists a third college transcript and it is for the AP exam.

ilovepharm, congrats on your interview. I submitted my application 12/15 too. Still waiting....

I didn't send it mine.

sputnik, thanks for trying to calm me down a bit. I'm still very nervous--I can't believe it's in two days! I barely confirmed it yesterday. I really hope I get in to Loma Linda--Those of you who are still waiting for responses, hang on for a little longer because you should be getting those calls very soon! Wish me luck, everybody :p

sputnik, thanks for trying to calm me down a bit. I'm still very nervous--I can't believe it's in two days! I barely confirmed it yesterday. I really hope I get in to Loma Linda--Those of you who are still waiting for responses, hang on for a little longer because you should be getting those calls very soon! Wish me luck, everybody :p

I know I submitted mine 12/15 and still haven't heard. They must be getting to the end of the stack. Hopefully a few more seats are left.

I know I submitted mine 12/15 and still haven't heard. They must be getting to the end of the stack. Hopefully a few more seats are left.

Same here. I submitted on that day, too.

btw, I heard from my friend that LLU has interview going on until April/May. Is that true? =o

Recieved an acceptance today in the form of an e-mail!

Congrats RyanRyan

See you in september

I also received the acceptance letter today in the mail. The letter was dated Feb 26. =D

Oh wow, Congrats to those of you who got the good news!!!!! How nice it must feel to be accepted somewhere.........;)

Congratulations!

The wait is finally over. I'll see you in September.

I got a call of acceptance tonight! wow cant believe it!! its a dream come true.

Congratulations to all. I will see you guys in september!!!!

I'm still waiting for interview, I'm not sure I'll get one. I just sent my Fall transcripts last week. Fortunately they were from schools less than 10 miles from LLU, but still. At least I've gotten interviews at the other 3 schools I applied to, so if it doesn't come, I still feel pretty good about my record so far.

I'm still waiting for interview, I'm not sure I'll get one. I just sent my Fall transcripts last week. Fortunately they were from schools less than 10 miles from LLU, but still. At least I've gotten interviews at the other 3 schools I applied to, so if it doesn't come, I still feel pretty good about my record so far.

Farmercyst, I'm still waiting for an interview from them too. My transcripts were finally received on the status page after i called last week. I can't believe I didn't see them missing or else I would have called sooner. Oh man, now that you mentioned it, I forgot to send in my Fall transcripts to update my file. This whole process is frustrating. please post here if you received an invite.

Farmercyst, I'm still waiting for an interview from them too. My transcripts were finally received on the status page after i called last week. I can't believe I didn't see them missing or else I would have called sooner. Oh man, now that you mentioned it, I forgot to send in my Fall transcripts to update my file. This whole process is frustrating. please post here if you received an invite.

Will do. Need a fingers crossed emoticon.:idea:

oh, so Fall transcript should be sent to LLU? :confused:
Dang, I haven't sent my Fall transcript yet x.x;;;;
When is the deadline to send the Fall transcript?

oh, so Fall transcript should be sent to LLU? :confused:
Dang, I haven't sent my Fall transcript yet x.x;;;;
When is the deadline to send the Fall transcript?

hmm..I got my interview call before I sent my fall transcript..so you probably don't need it for an interview invitation, but it is good to send ur fall transcript anywayz :)

hmmm if it's not needed, I won't send it coz it'll cost me $3-4

Yes, I'm so cheapskate >__>;;;

I also got an interview before i sent in my transcripts. But the emailed me asking about my fall performance before they went to comittee

hmmm if it's not needed, I won't send it coz it'll cost me $3-4

Yes, I'm so cheapskate >__>;;;

I called them and asked about the first week of Feb. They said they did need to be sent. You might call and see if it would prevent getting an interview request. If it doesn't save the $4. If it does then I'd pay double to have it rushed (if your school has that option.)

This application season feels so hopeless. I guess I didn't get into Loma Linda. I didn't get a call or email....now I"m afraid to check the mail when I go back home because it'll probably be a rejection letter anyway.

Me and interviews don't go well together I guess.

::frustrated::

Does anyone know? I got accepted already but I haven't sent in my Fall transcripts.. should I do that ASAP? I'm not trying to hide anything, I got 3 A's and a B, I'm just too poor/lazy. It costs like 15 bucks at my school.

Anyone know where they are going to live this fall? Anyone excited about anything in particular, I am an omnivore but I'm actually excited about maybe trying a vegetarian lifestyle, and working out at their gym lol..

Anyone know how long their chapel services are?

Does anyone know? I got accepted already but I haven't sent in my Fall transcripts.. should I do that ASAP? I'm not trying to hide anything, I got 3 A's and a B, I'm just too poor/lazy. It costs like 15 bucks at my school.

Anyone know where they are going to live this fall? Anyone excited about anything in particular, I am an omnivore but I'm actually excited about maybe trying a vegetarian lifestyle, and working out at their gym lol..

Hi Ryan, I was accepted earlier this month and I didn't send my Fall grades in. I asked Linda from Admissions and she told me to have all of the transcripts sent by summer. I still need to take anatomy so I guess it would be easier if all the transcripts were received and they could check me off for all of the prereq's at the same time.
I will probably live off-campus in the fall, somewhere near LLU. I will probably start looking for a place around Aug/Sept.
The weekly chapel service is every wed. and I believe it lasts for about an hour(?).

I haven't sent my fall transcripts either. Admissions told me just to send everything after my spring quarter. Also my father owns apartments close to LLU (3-4 miles) im living in one of the units with my wife and daughter. They are ok not the best but the price is very low when compared to similar apartments. Whoever is looking for a place not on campus let me know in June. Then if anything becomes avialable I can let you know. All of the units are 2 bedrooms, but are about the same price as many 1 bedrooms in the area

RyanRyan Does anyone know? I got accepted already but I haven't sent in my Fall transcripts.. should I do that ASAP? I'm not trying to hide anything, I got 3 A's and a B, I'm just too poor/lazy. It costs like 15 bucks at my school.

Ryan
I grew up as an SDA and alot of them eat meat. We just won't be able buy meat on campus, but there is an In-In Out about 2 miles from campus along with 50 other restraunts. But if you want to vegi it up LLU is the place to do it

I sure would love to be able to veg out with you all at LLU. I applied back in October as well and still haven't heard a thing. I've called a couple of times but they always say they haven't reviewed all the files yet. But how can they start admitting people without reviewing all the files?

I also went to the LUU open house this weekend, on Sunday 2/25, and it was really nice. During the pharmacy portion of the open house, they said that about half the seats are filled, so there were ~30 still open, as of Sunday. Man, I really liked it there. Sigh....