LMU CVM c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if there is a set number of people they allow on the waitlist or is it indefinite? Google said 125 but wasn’t sure if it’s different for each school.
I asked and they said they could not disclose that information and that the waitlist was unranked

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

I just don’t get how the waitlist can just be unranked...i feel like they should know who they would choose next. Being unranked makes it seem like they just choose random people whenever spots open up

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. It's really frustrating to me to know that they just essentially go through the whole application review process again and choose randomly. I also dont understand why they cant tell us how many people are actually on the waitlist too. Like, what can you tell me?!

I agree. It's really frustrating to me to know that they just essentially go through the whole application review process again and choose randomly. I also dont understand why they cant tell us how many people are actually on the waitlist too. Like, what can you tell me?!

Agreed. It would be nice to know what our chances are.

So do you guys think it will be after the April 15th deadline that anyone gets pulled from the waitlist? I’m so impatient. Lol

So do you guys think it will be after the April 15th deadline that anyone gets pulled from the waitlist? I’m so impatient. Lol
Last year it looks like no one heard until April 15th so I wouldn’t count on hearing anything until then!

I actually emailed to ask yesterday since i was curious with the corona issues going on so i'll update when i hear back.

Is anyone interested in making a class of 2024 Facebook group?

Another question - does anyone have any idea how full the class is at this point?

Another question - does anyone have any idea how full the class is at this point?
If you count up people from the SDN chat and Facebook chat you’ll see about 11-12 people are turning down their offer. They typically accept a class or 120 so they’re probably at around 109 or 108 potentially as of now

I'm happy for those ppl that got multiple offers. But I'm not sure if it's because that means more seats will open for LMU or if I'm legit happy for them. I'm sure it's the former but it makes me feel like a bad person

If you count up people from the SDN chat and Facebook chat you’ll see about 11-12 people are turning down their offer. They typically accept a class or 120 so they’re probably at around 109 or 108 potentially as of now
theres probably even less than this bc not everyone is on SDN and there’s a good chance they got in to other schools as well

Members don't see this ad :)
theres probably even less than this bc not everyone is on SDN and there’s a good chance they got in to other schools as well
Oh work, absolutely. It’s just a rough ballpark but I wholeheartedly agree. I did email to find out if they’re going to be delayed with reaching out to waitlist applicants due to the shutting down of the school but won’t hear back until maybe tomorrow.

You have to take into account that they most likely over accept like every school usually does. It may not be significant since it’s a private school, but they still probably over accept by at least 30

For anyone who was waitlisted last year, when did you start seeing movement from them about people getting moved off the waitlist? I'm not really expecting before the April deadline

Is anyone interested in making a class of 2024 Facebook group?

IMG_6298.JPG

Me too!!!!

It is unranked bc after April 15th the committee gathers again to choose from the waitlist, the remaining seats that need to be filled

So we won’t hear anything till after the 15th then. Where did you get this information?

So we won’t hear anything till after the 15th then. Where did you get this information?

I was accepted from the waitlist last year but had to turn down the offer due to family issues. That was in late March. I asked them last year about the ranking of the waitlist. From what I took from it, the waitlist is ranked just not public.

I was accepted from the waitlist last year but had to turn down the offer due to family issues. That was in late March. I asked them last year about the ranking of the waitlist. From what I took from it, the waitlist is ranked just not public.
Thank you

The waitlist is unranked. I've already confirmed this. Nor do they disclose how many ppl are on the waitlist.

So you were pulled from the waitlist in March? Before the April deadline?

I talked to Holly on the phone on Friday and that’s what she told me. She said soon after the April 15th deadline we will hear with the final decisions for waitlisted applicants!

Reactions: 1 users
I talked to Holly on the phone on Friday and that’s what she told me. She said soon after the April 15th deadline we will hear with the final decisions for waitlisted applicants!

weird that it's after April 15th since some people are going to turn down their seats before that date.

weird that it's after April 15th since some people are going to turn down their seats before that date.
Maybe some people will hear before as seats are declined but they will notify everyone else after the deadline?

Maybe some people will hear before as seats are declined but they will notify everyone else after the deadline?
I think with all the virus hype it may be a little long er to hear this year. Hoping everybody gets the news they want in a timely fashion

Reactions: 2 users
I did email a few weeks ago and asked if there will be delays due to COVID-19 and they told me technically we could hear before the April 15th deadline. But it really is going to be up to the students who got offers and are declining to physically decline the offer instead of just waiting until the deadline and just not submitting payment and getting taken off that way. In this case I wouldn't look to hear until starting April 16th to be honest.

Does anyone know the technology requirements? I can’t find them anywhere.

Does anyone know the technology requirements? I can’t find them anywhere.
Definitely double check with a current student but when I was there for the interview during the Q&A with current students they did say iPads were required and you had to purchase your own prior.

Emailed today to ask when we could expect movement from the waitlist. Here’s what I got back:

Attachments

• 63C0DD87-31A7-4670-A256-F5D3D274CCFC.png
    63C0DD87-31A7-4670-A256-F5D3D274CCFC.png
    228.7 KB · Views: 199
Emailed today to ask when we could expect movement from the waitlist. Here’s what I got back:
Wow what an unhelpful response hopefully they start sending something out soon but I’d imagine they will wait till after the 15th to try to minimize the number of times the committee has to meet.

Reactions: 1 users
Checking in...anyone heard anything?
Also I looked at c/o 2023s sdn thread and it looks like most people on their were pulled from the waitlist on 4/15 or 4/16 so there’s still hope

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Checking in...anyone heard anything?
Also I looked at c/o 2023s sdn thread and it looks like most people on their were pulled from the waitlist on 4/15 or 4/16 so there’s still hope
6 more days!

Disappointed that I have to put 1000$ down at another school, just to ensure a place in a vet program for August--just for me to potentially hear back from LMU on the 16th and have to immediately drop another 1200$. My wallet is crying during this covid-19 pandemic while trying to be a doctor. I'll drop that 1200$ in a heartbeat even if I don't eat for two weeks though lol

• Sad
Disappointed that I have to put 1000$ down at another school, just to ensure a place in a vet program for August--just for me to potentially hear back from LMU on the 16th and have to immediately drop another 1200$. My wallet is crying during this covid-19 pandemic while trying to be a doctor. I'll drop that 1200$ in a heartbeat even if I don't eat for two weeks though lol
At least you know either way you’re going to be a Dogtor! Congrats!

That is frustrating. Is lmu your top choice then?
Yes, yes it is. I have been sold on LMU for so long now and didn't fully get my hopes up until I got the opportunity to interview and now it's been eating at me for the possibility to get taken off the list and live in an area that is close to what I used to call home--back in a better time in my life.

Anyone else back to anxiety level 300 waiting on Wednesday to arrive? The last month was a nice break from email refreshing but now I find myself doing it constantly just hoping to get that acceptance email *fingers crossed*

Anyone else back to anxiety level 300 waiting on Wednesday to arrive? The last month was a nice break from email refreshing but now I find myself doing it constantly just hoping to get that acceptance email *fingers crossed*
Saaaammmmmeeeee

YES and that’s assuming they will actually be sending something out on Wednesday which they haven’t said. And then if for some reason we don’t see the email within a day we will lose our spot completely! But we don’t know our chances because they have a dumb system and won’t release anything about the waitlist! Honestly idk I just need to know if I need to start a new application or not

YES and that’s assuming they will actually be sending something out on Wednesday which they haven’t said. And then if for some reason we don’t see the email within a day we will lose our spot completely! But we don’t know our chances because they have a dumb system and won’t release anything about the waitlist! Honestly idk I just need to know if I need to start a new application or not
Do we know the deadline time? I know it’s April 15, but wasn’t sure if they had to respond like the night before or what grace period there is. Really just driving myself crazy lol

Do we know the deadline time? I know it’s April 15, but wasn’t sure if they had to respond like the night before or what grace period there is. Really just driving myself crazy lol
the email says we have to pay the deposit by April 15th by 4pm eastern time! so I would assume they wouldn’t call anyone off the waitlist until the next day. hope that helps!