LMU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also do I email Holly or the generic email?
I emailed the generic before and it took about 24 hours for a response I think. Maybe email Holly?

Members don't see this ad.

Just sent it off to Holly. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything back from her!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are they also sending out rejections at the same time as acceptances?

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone who’s been accepted! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Reactions: 2 users
anyone who received an acceptance today also receive an acceptance for the spring?

Reactions: 1 user
At what point does checking sdn and refreshing my email every couple hours become an unhealthy habit?

Reactions: 6 users
Did anyone receive rejections today? I interviewed 10/31 and didn’t hear anything yet. Feeling a bit discouraged.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone receive rejections today? I interviewed 10/31 and didn’t hear anything yet. Feeling a bit discouraged.
I interviewed on 10/24 and haven’t heard back either..

i think a helpful thing for me at least that i’ve been trying to remind myself is how fast they get back to me doesn’t change whether or not I am rejected or accepted. as painful as it is I think we just need to allow them to do things at the rate they’re capable of doing them. I feel like us asking them more questions about the timeline will only slow the timeline down but it certainly doesn’t seem to make it faster. maybe that will help someone and maybe i’ll just sound annoying haha, but incase it helps anyone cope with the incredible amounts of anxiety this induces i’ll throw it out there

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
i think a helpful thing for me at least that i’ve been trying to remind myself is how fast they get back to me doesn’t change whether or not I am rejected or accepted. as painful as it is I think we just need to allow them to do things at the rate they’re capable of doing them. I feel like us asking them more questions about the timeline will only slow the timeline down but it certainly doesn’t seem to make it faster. maybe that will help someone and maybe i’ll just sound annoying haha, but incase it helps anyone cope with the incredible amounts of anxiety this induces i’ll throw it out there

It definitely helps, thanks! Just discouraging because I was put as an alternate for Auburn last week after feeling super confident about the interview and I have no idea how many people are alternates and where I place on that list so I was hoping to hear something positive from LMU. I was accepted to St. George’s for a January start because August start was full. Just hoping that some good news comes my way soon.

It might be more beneficial for everyone’s mental health for you guys to just assume you’ve been rejected until told otherwise. That way if LMU is your only hold out, you can move forward in preparing for next cycle and deciding what you need to do. I know it’s not the greatest feeling to be in limbo, but having false hope is worse in my opinion.

I say this from experience that I literally drove myself mad over SDN and the Facebook page watching everyone else get in. I felt like a failure and became suicidal. I spent countless hours talking myself in and out of plans on how to proceed. I don’t want anyone to go through that hurt.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
It might be more beneficial for everyone’s mental health for you guys to just assume you’ve been rejected until told otherwise. That way if LMU is your only hold out, you can move forward in preparing for next cycle and deciding what you need to do. I know it’s not the greatest feeling to be in limbo, but having false hope is worse in my opinion.
Yep this. I am already pretending I am rejected from all the schools I applied to. I am already taking steps to prepare next cycle. I still feel like **** and I want it to be over already, but oh well. getting into vet school is just a crapshoot. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Yep this. I am already pretending I am rejected from all the schools I applied to. I am already taking steps to prepare next cycle. I still feel like **** and I want it to be over already, but oh well. getting into vet school is just a crapshoot. 🤷🏻‍♀️
How many others are you waiting to hear from ?

How many others are you waiting to hear from ?
3. Western, LMU, and Iowa. Next cycle, I will be IS in the state that I am currently living in so I can apply again.

I just wanted to chime in for those of you who are struggling with rejections while waiting on LMU. I was in the same position last year, SO many of my friends were accepted and I was rejected from all 5 schools I applied to without interview. It was hard to be happy for my friends while I was feeling like a failure and losing hope for my dream of becoming a vet. I took the year off, worked as a vet assistant, saved money and grew SO much as a person in that time, and this year got 4 interviews and one acceptance so far. One cycle is not the end, you can ALWAYS gain more experience and grow in different areas of your life and come back as a stronger applicant next year. There is room for all of us in vet med, and although your path may not look like you expected or hoped, there is some good to be found in everything. Don’t give up, we will all end up where we are meant to be!

edit: also, if looking at SDN is impacting your mental health (i totally get it), try to take a step back and realize that you reading this forum and getting updates has no impact on your application. It is out of your and anyone on here’s hands, and I think trying to limit your time here will bring you a lot of peace during an already stressful time

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
it’s so nice to see everyone be so uplifting & encouraging! this is such a difficult field and vet school is so competitive, but we are all just humans chasing this crazy career! even if it’s not LMU, I hope everyone receives an acceptance this cycle. All it takes is one yes! ❤️

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
This 110%!!! This is my second cycle applying, and honestly, my only regret last cycle was waiting until the last minute to start prepping for this cycle. I waited until the last minute since I was waitlisted for a school, and I wish that I had gone with this mindset (as much as it sucks). Lol don't be like me and go through the panic of trying to find that last minute course that you want to retake or that last minute application for a master's or for an opportunity that you're hoping to get an LOR out of. Trying to make sure that everything was done on time and ensuring that I would be able to get my retake grades AND an acceptance into U of F's M.S. program by the application due date was extremely stressful. I can't complain too much because it did all work out in the end and these improvements to my application are just what I needed for this cycle, but save yourself the extra stress by getting on this sooner rather than later. Lol basically don't be like me :rofl::rofl:

Congrats to everyone who got in, I am happy to answer any questions if you have any (I am a second semester first year).

I am going to preface this by saying I have no idea how admissions are working this year. However, I would like to add that last year people were getting accepted all the way up until April 15th. I believe a lot of people got their acceptances on April 15th. I personally didn’t hear anything and got waitlisted around that time. They’ll likely keep coming in waves until the class is full. You aren’t rejected or waitlisted until you get an email saying that. I know it’s hard to handle people getting in and not hearing anything yourself, but please try not to think the worst! I was waitlisted and accepted over the summer, so I feel for you. You are all going to be vet students one day. What is meant to be will be. If you get a rejection, that doesn’t mean you’re not going to be an amazing vet.

Last edited:
Y'all I am so worried. I called saying my transcripts were wrong at 11:00 am. I had a teacher enter an A- instead of an A for fall 2022. I am panicking that this change if I got an email or not regarding acceptance.

Y'all I am so worried. I called saying my transcripts were wrong at 11:00 am. I had a teacher enter an A- instead of an A for fall 2022. I am panicking that this change if I got an email or not regarding acceptance.
Did you put fall grades in? Usually they are potential classes in vmcas

Did you put fall grades in? Usually they are potential classes in vmcas
I put my fall classes in vmcas and sent lmu my transcripts. I just realized yesterday that the teacher made a mistake and I am trying to get it changed.

For those that would like the info Holly got back to me earlier this morning. Gist of the email as that we should all stop stressing and just wait for our email to come through this was not the only wave of acceptances 😉🤞

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230208_113621_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230208_113621_Gmail.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
For those that would like the info Holly got back to me earlier this morning. Gist of the email as that we should all stop stressing and just wait for our email to come through this was not the only wave of acceptances

Thank you for this

Has anyone who interviewed on 11/14 heard back yet?

sooo I did some stalking from earlier in this thread & the first spring acceptances went out on a Tuesday and the next wave of acceptances went out on the Friday of the next week.

• Haha
sooo I did some stalking from earlier in this thread & the first spring acceptances went out on a Tuesday and the next wave of acceptances went out on the Friday of the next week.

I mean this in a funny way, but you’re crazy thank you for doing some stalking! Here’s to next Friday

• Haha
I mean this in a funny way, but you’re crazy thank you for doing some stalking! Here’s to next Friday
I am also at fault of this, lol. I've learned a lot about myself during this process and one of those things being I resort to analyzing when I'm stressed, aka stalking SDN threads 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Previous OOS acceptance, I will not be taking my spot because I was accepted to my #2 and still waiting for decision post-interview for my #1.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone who has also been accepted know if there is a Facebook group for the fall blue yet? I can’t find one but would love to start meeting people!

Does anyone who has also been accepted know if there is a Facebook group for the fall blue yet? I can’t find one but would love to start meeting people!
I don't think they've made one yet. If you join the main CVM facebook group they usually post when it's made LMU-CVM | Facebook

I don’t know if it will put anyone at ease, but the broad overview of admissions is it’s effectively a rolling basis.

LMU sends out invites equal to number of available seats.

As seats are declined, additional invites go out.

They don’t have a timeline because the rolling admissions makes it a bit impossible to do so, especially with the April decision date.

Once that day in April rolls around, anyone who’s not responded is considered as forfeiting their seat, which means more invites will go out.

Admissions office is hands on with lining out details of applicants leading up to interviews (application verification, etc) and fall transcripts, but they are not part of the decision process at LMU-CVM.

Things go thru committee. Recommendations are made to the Dean. Dean approves acceptances. Admissions sends acceptances.

It makes for a harsh waiting game, but decisions will likely continue to go out thru April. I’d wager if you interviewed, I’d not be too worried about a rejection atm. Unsure if anyone else in thread can confirm, but I don’t think interviewed applicants hear denial notices until later in the process.

Also curiously, has anyone been able to reach admissions by phone?

I don’t know if it will put anyone at ease, but the broad overview of admissions is it’s effectively a rolling basis.

LMU sends out invites equal to number of available seats.

As seats are declined, additional invites go out.

They don’t have a timeline because the rolling admissions makes it a bit impossible to do so, especially with the April decision date.

Once that day in April rolls around, anyone who’s not responded is considered as forfeiting their seat, which means more invites will go out.

Admissions office is hands on with lining out details of applicants leading up to interviews (application verification, etc) and fall transcripts, but they are not part of the decision process at LMU-CVM.

Things go thru committee. Recommendations are made to the Dean. Dean approves acceptances. Admissions sends acceptances.

It makes for a harsh waiting game, but decisions will likely continue to go out thru April. I’d wager if you interviewed, I’d not be too worried about a rejection atm. Unsure if anyone else in thread can confirm, but I don’t think interviewed applicants hear denial notices until later in the process.

Also curiously, has anyone been able to reach admissions by phone?

I’m not sure where you’re getting this information but it doesn’t seem to track to previous year threads. I’m not saying you’re wrong! I just don’t think this is how the process was reflected in previous years.

I’m not sure where you’re getting this information but it doesn’t seem to track to previous year threads. I’m not saying you’re wrong! I just don’t think this is how the process was reflected in previous years.
May I ask specifically what is not reflected as years previously? in a curious way - not in like a challenge/argumentative way.

On their CVM Application Process page, under Applicant Review Process, Step 4: Decisions, it says decisions are made on a rolling basis thru the year based on deadlines & starting semesters.

It also states the Dean sends invites based on recs from Admissions Committee in Ali’s ss of Holly’s email.

There likely won’t be a ‘wave’ until April. Now thru decision day, invites will send out as folks decline seats.

I don’t think they have filled up the entirety of the fall class 😂 I think a wave is definitely coming before April

May I ask specifically what is not reflected as years previously? in a curious way - not in like a challenge/argumentative way.

On their CVM Application Process page, under Applicant Review Process, Step 4: Decisions, it says decisions are made on a rolling basis thru the year based on deadlines & starting semesters.

It also states the Dean sends invites based on recs from Admissions Committee in Ali’s ss of Holly’s email.

There likely won’t be a ‘wave’ until April. Now thru decision day, invites will send out as folks decline seats.

I thought that maybe i saw the interviews didn’t go that late into the previous years but i could totally be mistaken!