LIU Pharmacy interview invitations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
subsidized and unsubsidized loan does not cover the full tuition fee. They told me to get private loans. Any suggestions for the tuition payment.

Members don't see this ad.

If can just pay it now. If not your banks usually have good ones or grants

Do I take the bank loan only or do the partial loan means student loan and bank loan. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Find out how much the bank will give. I have unsubsidized and subsidized loans from the school and paying the rest out of pocket. :( got 10k in scholarships so that helped

Thanks. I also got scholarship but still have to pay 8500.:(

And before cutting off anything yet, can you please tell me what the original tuition fees they charge are?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Out of context here, but could you guys give me advice?

I just finished my 2nd year of prepharmacy at LIU and I'm starting my 3rd year here. I didn't apply last year because I received a D in orgo 1 and strived off and wasted my spring semester (took some electives) because I thought pharmacy wasn't for me. I currently have a 3.33 GPA with a 402 PCAT score.

My only low grade is Orgo 1 with a D and Calc with a C+. I'm looking to get back and try and apply this coming year. I'll be retaking orgo 1 and taking orgo 2 in the spring with physics and anatomy 2.

Do I have a shot at this or should I focus on trying to graduate with a bachelor's in bio? Is there a lower chance of me being accepted since I did not apply my sophomore year?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Has anyone applied for parents plus loan??? Any information? Thanks

Has anyone applied for parents plus loan??? Any information? Thanks
My parents applied for the plus loan. The details should be explained by the financial aid department as different families have different financial situations.

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of context here, but could you guys give me advice?

I just finished my 2nd year of prepharmacy at LIU and I'm starting my 3rd year here. I didn't apply last year because I received a D in orgo 1 and strived off and wasted my spring semester (took some electives) because I thought pharmacy wasn't for me. I currently have a 3.33 GPA with a 402 PCAT score.

My only low grade is Orgo 1 with a D and Calc with a C+. I'm looking to get back and try and apply this coming year. I'll be retaking orgo 1 and taking orgo 2 in the spring with physics and anatomy 2.

Do I have a shot at this or should I focus on trying to graduate with a bachelor's in bio? Is there a lower chance of me being accepted since I did not apply my sophomore year?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

If you are retaking orgo, it would be your best interest to get at least a B. If you're taking Orgo 2 in Spring, having a good grade in that would make your application look strong (B+ and above) since it's the second part of Orgo. It doesn't hurt to apply since you're already in LIU. The odds are based upon your incoming semester. If you don't get at least a B while retaking Orgo, then it's likely not the major for you. From my personal experience and grades, it's a good opportunity for you to get in if you can pull some good grades this year.

@liu2050 Hello, I saw on previous posts that you got accepted. Just wondering, were you a pre pharm student at LIU? I am currently a prepharm student and I am applying to the professional program next semester. Thanks.

If you are retaking orgo, it would be your best interest to get at least a B. If you're taking Orgo 2 in Spring, having a good grade in that would make your application look strong (B+ and above) since it's the second part of Orgo. It doesn't hurt to apply since you're already in LIU. The odds are based upon your incoming semester. If you don't get at least a B while retaking Orgo, then it's likely not the major for you. From my personal experience and grades, it's a good opportunity for you to get in if you can pull some good grades this year.

So far the courses i'm taking are Orgo 1, A&P 2, and Physics.
I'm looking so far at a B, B+, A- for Orgo, an A for A&P, and probably a B for physics. (Current science GPA: 2.95 and Math GPA: 3.0)
In the coming spring i'll only be needing Orgo 2.
They received my application on Oct 17th and I haven't received any word yet while other's who've applied around the same day as I did already received their interviews and responses.
Am I looking at a waitlist/rejection or are they waiting for my grades to come in for the fall for the next interview batch?

When I spoke with the lady during my interview she said regular interview sessions start in January

No early decision ones happened in October. I'm actually not sure why we went so early

No early decision ones happened in October. I'm actually not sure why we went so early

Congrats! So regular interviews happen in January where you pick the date to go, and then after the interview all the emails get sent out for the background checks and drug screenings?