LIU Pharmacy interview invitations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ammym92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

My PharmCAS application was verified about 2 weeks ago and I have received interview invites from 2 schools already. I was wondering if anyone here has already received an interview invite from LIU pharmacy?

I am going into their 2 year of the 6-year program so I guess I'm considered a transfer. Please let me know! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have received my interview. On wednesday. Their interviews just started a half month ago. Theyre really slow at doing this so you shouldnt expect a quick invite.
I went to this school for pre pharm and got accepted to four other schools and paid deposit before this school sent me an interview.
Plus i got rejected twice. So this is my third year trying just to get my eggs in many baskets

I have received my interview. On wednesday. Their interviews just started a half month ago. Theyre really slow at doing this so you shouldnt expect a quick invite.
I went to this school for pre pharm and got accepted to four other schools and paid deposit before this school sent me an interview.
Plus i got rejected twice. So this is my third year trying just to get my eggs in many baskets

Ty for replying!

I already received invites from all the schools I applied... I'm also about to pay the deposit for Touro right now just so I can save my ass a spot in pharm school. Do you know anything about LIU accepting transfers? I have a bachelors in biochemistry but I heard they don't take many transfers...

Members don't see this ad :)
So have they sent out January interviews or has no one received those yet?

I just received an interview like 6 hours ago today. They have 3 dates to choose from. January 14th, February 6th or march 18th.

Are you applying while in pre-pharm or are you applying for pharmacy school?

i transferred into liu this fall.
im a biology major.
professional phase.
i wanted to go in pre pharm but the admission office screwed up and i cant change my major to pre-pharm.

Last edited:
I just received an interview like 6 hours ago today. They have 3 dates to choose from. January 14th, February 6th or march 18th.

Are you in their 6 year program or are you transferring in?

Can you also tell me when you applied ? Sorry for asking so many questions !
no its okay
lol im nervous and i dont think ill get in but
i got a 392 on my pcat which compare to a lot on this forum is low but they want at least a 380. 400 is competitive. I have an associates degree in biology with honors. A 3.5 so far in my science pre-requiste. A 2.4 in my math since i failed calculus.

applied to the program like through pharmcas? I submitted my application in the second week of december. it said it was currently reviewed on dec 17th. Got the invite on December 30th.

Reactions: 1 users
no its okay
lol im nervous and i dont think ill get in but
i got a 392 on my pcat which compare to a lot on this forum is low but they want at least a 380. 400 is competitive. I have an associates degree in biology with honors. A 3.5 so far in my science pre-requiste. A 2.4 in my math since i failed calculus.

applied to the program like through pharmcas? I submitted my application in the second week of december. it said it was currently reviewed on dec 17th. Got the invite on December 30th.

Now I'm even more nervous... I applied in Nov and they received my application on december but I have not received an interview... :( :( :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Now I'm even more nervous... I applied in Nov and they received my application on december but I have not received an interview... :( :( :(
What are your stats if you don't mind me asking. It's a rolling admission. Don't give up! Update your fall grades.

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking. It's a rolling admission. Don't give up! Update your fall grades.

95 composite on PCAT and 3.6 overall gpa but my prereq gpa is around 3.5. For some reason i did bad on non-sci classes lol

Last edited:
So for LIU. Their process for accepting students is weird. From my knowledge of going here, they accept 100 pre pharm, 100 transfers (that means transfers from other majors within LIU and outside of LIU)
I was a pre Pharm and i didnt get an interview. I switched to biology and i got an interview.

Reactions: 1 user
So for LIU. Their process for accepting students is weird. From my knowledge of going here, they accept 100 pre pharm, 100 transfers (that means transfers from other majors within LIU and outside of LIU)
I was a pre Pharm and i didnt get an interview. I switched to biology and i got an interview.

Do you have any idea when they will be sending out invites again?

Oh no... maybe they see that I placed a deposit to touro and decided to not send me an interview.. I only did that so i can guarantee a spot in a pharmacy school. Do other pharmacy colleges see if I get accepted to another school?

No they cant see that. I recently accepted UNE pharmacy in maine and paid the deposit.
LIU cant see that, but to be honest, from my 4 years there. They dont stop sending interviews until April. I remember my friend getting it in May. liu is quite bad at timing and it ruins a lot of peoples choices for their future.
From your stats, youll get one soon. Its just LIU's fault.
If anything touro will get better as a college. My professor Henry Cohen, he taught for the pharmacy school and he recently took the position of Dean and Professor at Touro. If anything you will see a total revamp of the college.

Thank you for replying to my post so quick. I am able to relax now. I hope wha you say is true! (Cross fingers) hope we can be future classmates.

Wow I never knew that. That's great for me then since I couldn't change my major. Do you know where they keep the sample questions for the interview?

LIU also recently changed their interview style to group as well from what i heard from my classmates. The questions are not hard. Just the basics: why pharmacy, tell us about yourself, and an ethical question or so.
No one really knows about how they are going to do the group interview so its kind of unprecedented.

Who is going for the January 14th date ? I got my invite on the 30th. Ammy I'm sure you'll get in.

If you guys are going on Feb 6, maybe we will see each other!

See steven I was going to do that but I didn't wanna wait that long and ammy I have a 3.9 gpa with 3.6 science and a 379 on pcat which is ****ty but 4-5 years of pharmacy tech experience

See steven I was going to do that but I didn't wanna wait that long and ammy I have a 3.9 gpa with 3.6 science and a 379 on pcat which is ****ty but 4-5 years of pharmacy tech experience
Yeah buddy. I wanted to do jan 14 but im on vacation and i wont be back until the 15th lol so i have no choice

Yeah buddy. I wanted to do jan 14 but im on vacation and i wont be back until the 15th lol so i have no choice

You have amazing stats. Walk in and grab the acceptance letter lol
Any idea what the critical thinking discussion will be about you guys?

I'm guessing they will give situational questions which incorporates critical thinking. Hopefully it should be easy and ammy you have experience ?

This is one of the questions my friend who graduated last year from LIU Pharmacy. The interviewer asked, so lets say you and your friend are both astronauts. You both are stuck in the middle of outer space conducting research. There was a deadly, venomous snake onboard and it got out. It has bitten both of you and you guys have only one antidote. Your friend mainly does the driving and maneuvering, and you do the research and exploring. Now both of you need to evacuate back to Earth but one of you will die because there is only 1 antidote. What do you do?

This is a usual ethical question, there is no wrong or right. It just depends on how you answer and how the interviewer feels about your answer.

Sounds good . I hope it's easier than it seems.

Yea I'm a pharmacy tech at Duane reade

I called them 8 times yesterday (4 different phone numbers at the admissions office) and called Daniel potenzieri 3 times today and no answer. This is kind of sad.

I even sent him an email 3 days ago with no reply.

what were you guy stats for getting interview here. i applied and got denied last year. i had 2.62 gpa 87 pcat year

I called them 8 times yesterday (4 different phone numbers at the admissions office) and called Daniel potenzieri 3 times today and no answer. This is kind of sad.

I even sent him an email 3 days ago with no reply.

Give him some time since he's the coordinator but he usually is prompt on these kinds of things
Woo go Duane reade lol

what were you guy stats for getting interview here. i applied and got denied last year. i had 2.62 gpa 87 pcat year

That's a really great pcat
Someone told me at least a 25 on pcat and a 3.0 for the interview but what you say and your overall application will let you in

That's a really great pcat
Someone told me at least a 25 on pcat and a 3.0 for the interview but what you say and your overall application will let you in
I really appreciate your positive words. But I didn't have a 3.0 GPA and didn't get in. I had 2.62 overall gpa, but I also took biochem and got B and microbio with A, which boosted my gpa above 2.62 after spring term ended to 2.67? but i didn't get in. here is letter:

The College of Pharmacy appreciates your interest in the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program. However, on behalf of the Admissions Committee I regret to inform you that your application to begin professional studies (third year) in the Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences for the Fall 2015 semester has been declined.

Due to the large number of applicants for the Pharm.D. program for the 2015-2016 academic year only a small percentage of qualified students are selected to fill the limited number of seats available. While I am sure that it is a tremendous disappointment to you not to be selected, please know that at the present time colleges and schools of pharmacy across the country are receiving record numbers of applications making it an extremely competitive period to seek entry into a pharmacy professional program.

Given that you have expressed an interest in a career in health care there are many options other than pharmacy that you might want to consider. Here on the Brooklyn Campus of Long Island University various units and schools offer programs in fields such as nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, respiratory care, physician assistant studies, sports sciences, speech-language pathology, cytotechnology, nuclear medicine technology, and clinical psychology. The academic requirements and prerequisite course work necessary for gaining entry and the length of study varies widely with these programs so it is suggested that you refer to the undergraduate and/or graduate bulletins of the Brooklyn Campus and consult with academic advisors regarding requirements and your own qualifications. Entry into all programs is competitive; but remember that since each program has its own pool of unique applicants you may be more successful as a candidate for admission in another field of study than was the case with your application to the Pharm.D. program.

Your application for admission into the Pharm.D. program will NOT be reconsidered or revisited at the end of the summer sessions. If you wish to continue your studies at the Brooklyn Campus of Long Island University into the 2015-2016 academic year, it is recommended that you pursue another major of your choice. I wish you success in whatever decision you make regarding your future academic studies.

Sincerely yours,

Kenza E. Benzeroual, PhD
Assistant Dean for Academic and Student Affairs

They told me to switch majors and even if my gpa went up after summer, they wont take me. so i didnt apply this year

Are you going to apply for 2016?
Are you retaking the courses again that we're low for spring?
Are you a transfer?

Transfer YES
Retaking NO / My GPA low from 2011 coursework. Biochem + Microbio 2015 spring coursework.
I applied to other schools 2015-2016 application cycle. i no apply 2016 because i enter pharm school fall 2017 / that too long / another year wait

are u applying LIU? u from NYC? what yr grades? I dont want take more classes. Im bored with sitting in class. i rather sit home and study pcat. pcat better predictor of success. I had 3.2 gpa one popint and 19 pcat and didnt get in pharm school. so i thought pcat more imp than gpa, now i know gpa more imp than pcat

Awe, is the interview actually group?! I have mines on Jan 14th.

Awe, is the interview actually group?! I have mines on Jan 14th.
Yea the interview is a group interview . I'll be there on the 14th aswell we should meet up haha or we see each other . And this is a weird type of interview in my opinion .

when will they let you know if you've been accepted/declined after the interviews? a week? a month? :wideyed:

Yea the interview is a group interview . I'll be there on the 14th aswell we should meet up haha or we see each other . And this is a weird type of interview in my opinion .
Yeah, I'll definitely see you there. I actually have no idea what to expect from a group interview haha.

yay got an interview!