Lincoln Memorial DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you, Know if there is a facebook page made to find roomates?
Search LMU-DCOM class of 2021 on fb and there's also a roommate finder page

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if there's any validity of the rumors that LMU is partnering with Covenant to establish set rotation sites?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

DCOM has partnered with Covenant in the Knoxville area. The Morristown site and Oak Ridge are covenant hospitals. I have heard from current 3rd year students mostly positive things from both sites.

Reiterating what someone said previously, the rumors about clinical sites being crap are old rumors. There is always going to be someone with a bad experience but from all the 3rd and 4th year students I've talked with most feedback has been very positive.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those of you that will be joining us this upcoming August! And for those of you that are still waiting, DCOM interviews pretty late - last year as late as into mid April. For those that are waitlisted, people have gotten pulled as late as June/July. I'm a current 1st year and a former master student, so if you have any questions about our school or the area, please feel free to contact me. Our match list has been released - you can check it here:

2017 Match List

Reactions: 1 user
Just got a rejection the other day, good luck to those still in the running!

those of you who interviewed today... how did it go?

Mine went really well, the interviewers were laid back and helpful. The whole thing seemed to flow.

It felt too short though, I had so much that I prepared for and that I wanted to say, but those things never came up.

All in all it went well, and I am excited to hear back from them. I like my chances. How about you/everyone else?

Anyone know how to get in touch with the apartment management for the apartments in Cumberland Gap? Those places looked awesome.

Just got the call! I will definitely accept. Hello future fam! I am so excited!

Reactions: 5 users

Congrats! Make sure you join the facebook group for the class of 2021 if you haven't already. Enjoy your free time while you have it hahaha!

Aw, didn't get a call. Awaiting the rejection email now lol. There's always next year!

No call either. I honestly fell in love with this school.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats! Would you mind posting your stats? I interviewed here last month with a high GPA and average MCAT, and was waitlisted :(

Just got the email- waitlisted! It's not a rejection, so there's still a chance!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the email- waitlisted! It's not a rejection, so there's still a chance!

They said at my interview day they have LOTS that get in from the waitlist here. If I'm not mistaken that number was like 60-70% chance! So hang in there!

They said at my interview day they have LOTS that get in from the waitlist here. If I'm not mistaken that number was like 60-70% chance! So hang in there!
About 70 students get off the waitlist! There's hope!

One of you well deserving people will be getting my seat! Just dropped it. Best of luck everyone :)

I don't mind at all.

Cumulative Undergrad: 3.67
MCAT: 512
Those are excellent stats's I had MUCH lower and was accepted. It really comes down to many factors. Best of luck to anyone going through the disappointment of rejection. I've been there, many, many times. Everything will be ok, you CAN do this. Regroup, meet with an advisor, figure out what you need to do and go all in! Please feel free to pm me for advise or just good 'ol fashion encouragement. I'm cheering for you!

Those are excellent stats's I had MUCH lower and was accepted. It really comes down to many factors. Best of luck to anyone going through the disappointment of rejection. I've been there, many, many times. Everything will be ok, you CAN do this. Regroup, meet with an advisor, figure out what you need to do and go all in! Please feel free to pm me for advise or just good 'ol fashion encouragement. I'm cheering for you!

It is an honor to be accepted for sure. It took me a long time to get together a strong enough application, and I had to make many course adjustments over the last two years to do so. Spectreman is absolutely right, if you want it enough you can do it. Get feedback and talk with premed or other advisor, and amend your qualifications to reflect what the school desires. Then try try again guys. Best of luck.

Does anyone have any idea what time they would start calling today for the 4/7 interviews? I looked in previous years forums around Easter weekend and no one seemed to comment on when they heard back.

I got the call at 4:30PM CST!!!!! :soexcited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have an interview still scheduled? Are they going to start pulling from the waitlist soon?

Does anyone have an interview still scheduled? Are they going to start pulling from the waitlist soon?
They told us at the 4/7 interview that there was one more date left after us which is this Friday I think. Wait list movement typically starts the first full week in May, because they wait until they have made decisons for the last interview date.

So how is it going guys? Any new acceptances? Is everybody gearing up for this fall?

My main question is this. How are you, if at all, preparing in these final months for the start of medical school?

I will take a look at some of the material before hand for sure. I am also shoring up my relationships, especially with my SO just trying to lay out boundaries and expectations.

What are you doing??

I will take a look at some of the material before hand for sure.

Don't do this. Enjoy the limited free time you have.

Agreed. Reading up on a subject wont be helpful. Sure you could pick anatomy, but what happens when you get to class and are told that you didn't need to memorize half the stuff you did; you just lost some valuable free time doing that. Also, you can't predict how they want you to know the material.

The best thing you could probably do to get ready for the year this summer is go to the Anatomy Boot Camp, and even that isn't necessary to do well. It'll give you a leg up on those that don't go for the first few exams for sure, but again not necessary.

Other than that, eat some good food - because that's probably the most lacking thing out here lol

Has anybody heard any news from the waitlist yet?

Has anybody heard any news from the waitlist yet?

I spoke to the head of admissions, she said that the waitlist is going to be start being reviewed around next week or so

I will take a look at some of the material before hand for sure. I am also shoring up my relationships, especially with my SO just trying to lay out boundaries and expectations.

Whatever you do, don't do that. Not only will you spend a month studying what will most likely be covered in a lecture or two, but you literally have no idea what's high yield info. You'll quickly learn it's not about spending tons of time studying, it's spending time studying the right crap.

Any idea of how many are on the waitlist? All on the waitlist say "I"? Haha

I hope we all get pulled off the waitlist

I! There needs to be a support group or something haha. I'm also curious to know the stats of others waitlisted.

Haha, I wish.

When I interviewed in the last week of March, they told us there are usually 70-80 applicants on the waitlist. That number may have increased with the growing number of applicants this year though.

They said the waitlist is unranked, right? I don't really understand how they choose who to pull then.

3.5 s/cGPA , a little under 500 MCAT, tons of EC's. Anyone else?

3.7 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA, 499 MCAT. Clinical experience, research, and volunteering. Not a resident of TN.

3.6 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 502 MCAT, plenty of clinical, volunteering and research exp, non-resident.

My brother is at the school already, he said that most preference is given to the students in the masters program

When did you guys interview? I interviewed in early March