LECOM - Seton Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctaJMa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am a MS1 at LECOM - Seton Hill. Many of you may know that this is the first year of our campus. I know there have been alot of questions regarding what it is like. Feel free to post any questions here and I will be happy to answer them!

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I just interviewed at Erie last week and I am interested in PBL at the Seton Hill campus. However, at the interview LECOM only shows one picture of the Seton Hill campus and the LECOM website does not give a good description of this campus. What do you think of Seton Hill? Should I make it my top choice? My wife and I would be more interested living close to Pittsburgh. Thanks!

Hi, I just interviewed at Erie last week and I am interested in PBL at the Seton Hill campus. However, at the interview LECOM only shows one picture of the Seton Hill campus and the LECOM website does not give a good description of this campus. What do you think of Seton Hill? Should I make it my top choice? My wife and I would be more interested living close to Pittsburgh. Thanks!

I love the campus. I think it is beautiful. The campus does a very good job trying to get LECOM students involved in the campus as well. I know there are quite a few people that come and visit the campus to see if they like it. So, if you are close and have time I would recommend coming to see it.

I cant tell you whether to make it your top choice or not. That has to be a decision you have to make. However, I can tell you that I like it here alot. As for the LECOM part of campus, we have pretty much everything we need. Keep in mind with PBL at Erie and Seton Hill we do NOT have cadavers.

If you have any other questions just ask!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi, I am interviewing at Erie next month and am also interested in Seton hill. My biggest concern is, what you mentioned, not having cadavers. I took anatomy several years ago, and never had any cadavers to work off of, and I did fine. However, my understanding of medical school curiculum is that you need to have a much greater understanding of human anatomy than what is taught at the regular university level. Do you feel like your getting adaquate training in anatomy without the cadavers to work with?

Also, how about OMM and what clinical exposure do you get in the PBL program at Seton Hill? Does it have an up to date facility for OMM?
Thx

hi, I am interviewing at Erie next month and am also interested in Seton hill. My biggest concern is, what you mentioned, not having cadavers. I took anatomy several years ago, and never had any cadavers to work off of, and I did fine. However, my understanding of medical school curiculum is that you need to have a much greater understanding of human anatomy than what is taught at the regular university level. Do you feel like your getting adaquate training in anatomy without the cadavers to work with?

Also, how about OMM and what clinical exposure do you get in the PBL program at Seton Hill? Does it have an up to date facility for OMM?
Thx

I think that we are getting good instruction without the cadavers. I did have cadavers in undergrad and I think they make a large difference, BUT if you put in the book time in Med School it shouldnt be an issue. I didnt mind not having them (more time to study instead of digging for structures in a lab).

As for the OMM lab. It is brand spanking new. With some 50+ tables, 4-50+ inch plasma screens and main screen up front. I would have to say of all the things we are doing right now, EVERYONE enjoys OMM. Its alot of fun and I have already done some work on friends and family back home.

And then there is PBL. I have not heard a complaint about PBL yet. We are on our third case right now. We havent done many because we are taking 5 other classes right now. However, I will just say one case was about a baby with a neural tube defect and another one was a baby with Downs. The cases are very interesting. There are tons of things we didnt know about Downs and the development of such problems.

However, we finish three classes here in two weeks or so. Then we go to having PBL three times a week which is what everyone is waiting for.

Any other questions...keep shooting away! :)

How is housing in Greensburg? Are their any married or single parents? Do you know where you guys will be doing your clinical rotations at?

How is housing in Greensburg? Are their any married or single parents? Do you know where you guys will be doing your clinical rotations at?

Housing is pretty good in Greensburg as long as you do NOT have a pet. If you have a pet you will most likely have to commute. However, I have to say that I am pretty sure that around 50% of our class commutes from outside of Greensburg.

Commutes are not bad. There are towns that are 10 min away. I live in South Greensburg and it takes me just as long to get to the school some mornings as it does for some people to commute from outside of town.

As for people that are married, I think upwards of 60 to 70% of our class is married and about half of those have kids. There are also a few single parents in class.

Of course these are estimates and they could be off greatly or slightly!

We had a meeting a couple of weeks back about rotations. We will be doing rotations pretty much all over if we want. If you want it is possible to do almost all of your rotations in Greensburg. However, there are options all over PA (Pittsburgh too) as well as FL, GA, NY and so on. If there are Military HPSP people like me, we can go to a military hospital for rotations if we wanted.

Hope those answered your questions! Keep asking away!:)

Housing is pretty good in Greensburg as long as you do NOT have a pet. If you have a pet you will most likely have to commute. However, I have to say that I am pretty sure that around 50% of our class commutes from outside of Greensburg.

Commutes are not bad. There are towns that are 10 min away. I live in South Greensburg and it takes me just as long to get to the school some mornings as it does for some people to commute from outside of town.

As for people that are married, I think upwards of 60 to 70% of our class is married and about half of those have kids. There are also a few single parents in class.

Of course these are estimates and they could be off greatly or slightly!

We had a meeting a couple of weeks back about rotations. We will be doing rotations pretty much all over if we want. If you want it is possible to do almost all of your rotations in Greensburg. However, there are options all over PA (Pittsburgh too) as well as FL, GA, NY and so on. If there are Military HPSP people like me, we can go to a military hospital for rotations if we wanted.

Hope those answered your questions! Keep asking away!:)

Thank you, that was very helpful.

Between the medical students and undergrads, is that campus pretty crowded? Is the library a suitable place to sit down for an evening and study? Do you have access to the same medical resources as the Erie campus, I am guessing they are all online?

Also, is your course schedual the same as those in Erie?

Between the medical students and undergrads, is that campus pretty crowded? Is the library a suitable place to sit down for an evening and study? Do you have access to the same medical resources as the Erie campus, I am guessing they are all online?

Also, is your course schedual the same as those in Erie?

For the most part, we have our own little area on campus. We dont intermingle too much the undergrads unless we want to. The only time that it could get crowded would be if you stayed in campus for lunch which most of us do ($3 for as much food as u can put on ur plate). However, we do get our own lounge to eat in. So, it is only crowded when you get ur food.

As for the Library, we can study anywhere in the library students are allowed. PLUS! we have our own section of library that you have to swipe ur ID to get into. If memory serves me right....I think the library is open until 11PM during the week. I know about half of our classes uses the library on a regular basis. Another 25% of us go to Denny's (20% discount), and others go home.

Yes we have access to all of the same materials as Erie, and a good majority of them are online. However, we do have a pretty large collection of extra materials such as different atlases, anatomy textbooks, medical textbooks in general, plastic models, and so on. Also, our portion of the library is brand new as well which means new tables, chairs, books, and so on. For some people that makes a big difference thats why I am throwing that out there.

Which reminds me. Access to LECOM areas is maintained by an electronic security system. So you need your ID to gain access. So no undergrads running around driving you nuts when you are trying to study. (Big PLUS!)

Our course schedule is similar to Erie's in that we are covering the same material. However, we do have different schedules. In the first 12 weeks at SH you will spend about 4 hours in class per day. At least that is how it is now. There will be a few weeks where it may be 10 to 5 with an hour lunch, but for the most part you get alot of free time to study. Im not sure how many hours a day Erie spends in class.

Sounds pretty awesome! Thx for all the info DoctaJMa. Im sure ill be posting some more questions here in the next couple of weeks as I get closer to my interview.

For the most part, we have our own little area on campus. We dont intermingle too much the undergrads unless we want to. The only time that it could get crowded would be if you stayed in campus for lunch which most of us do ($3 for as much food as u can put on ur plate). However, we do get our own lounge to eat in. So, it is only crowded when you get ur food.

As for the Library, we can study anywhere in the library students are allowed. PLUS! we have our own section of library that you have to swipe ur ID to get into. If memory serves me right....I think the library is open until 11PM during the week. I know about half of our classes uses the library on a regular basis. Another 25% of us go to Denny's (20% discount), and others go home.

Yes we have access to all of the same materials as Erie, and a good majority of them are online. However, we do have a pretty large collection of extra materials such as different atlases, anatomy textbooks, medical textbooks in general, plastic models, and so on. Also, our portion of the library is brand new as well which means new tables, chairs, books, and so on. For some people that makes a big difference thats why I am throwing that out there.

Which reminds me. Access to LECOM areas is maintained by an electronic security system. So you need your ID to gain access. So no undergrads running around driving you nuts when you are trying to study. (Big PLUS!)

Our course schedule is similar to Erie's in that we are covering the same material. However, we do have different schedules. In the first 12 weeks at SH you will spend about 4 hours in class per day. At least that is how it is now. There will be a few weeks where it may be 10 to 5 with an hour lunch, but for the most part you get alot of free time to study. Im not sure how many hours a day Erie spends in class.

Thanks Doc,

I must say that I didn't even consider Seton Hill as an option because its so brand new, but you have definitely swayed me to apply next cycle. Do I apply through LECOM-E or will Seton Hill have their own application on AACOMAS?

How are the instructors? Are they helpful with students? Do they seem like they really want the students to succeed? Are their any negatives about the school in your opinion?

Punk

Thanks Doc,

I must say that I didn't even consider Seton Hill as an option because its so brand new, but you have definitely swayed me to apply next cycle. Do I apply through LECOM-E or will Seton Hill have their own application on AACOMAS?

How are the instructors? Are they helpful with students? Do they seem like they really want the students to succeed? Are their any negatives about the school in your opinion?

Punk

If you choose to apply you will go through Erie. When you interview they will probably ask you if you have considered Seton Hill as an option. Keep in mind we(Seton Hill) are ONLY PBL. PBL is quite different that the LDP that is offered in Erie. Make sure you read over what PBL is before you make a decision. I just dont want people making a major decision (going to Seton Hill) without realizing that you will have very few lectures on material (because PBL teaches it in a different manner).

The instructors are great. As with every new med school we are going to have some issues that arise. We have had some of these (mainly students wanting a little more direction in course material). However, the administration has been doing a wonderful job listening to the students and getting what we needed. For instance, students asked for someone to deliver some anatomy, embryo, and histo lectures over certain topics. The administration worked with Erie and some of the professors from Erie come down a couple times a week to lecture to us.

Along with that, they have also given us some extra study materials (such as study guides, powerpoints, and so on).

As for the negatives, there are probably going to be more with a new school until everything gets worked out. I know some students are frustrated with how some things are done here, and if you ask them they will not be shy to tell you. However, despite some of the issues we have had, I am still happy I chose to go here. LECOM, both Erie and SH, truly does care about the students and they work to help everyone succeed.

Most of these issue (effective way of returning scores for tests, knowing how much guidance students need on material, etc.) we are having are things that are easily fixed and will not be a problem next year when a new class comes in. I will be a second year then and will be able to pass down my treasure trove of materials and help the first years out (since we are the first class we dont have this!).

Members don't see this ad :)
If you choose to apply you will go through Erie. When you interview they will probably ask you if you have considered Seton Hill as an option. Keep in mind we(Seton Hill) are ONLY PBL. PBL is quite different that the LDP that is offered in Erie. Make sure you read over what PBL is before you make a decision. I just dont want people making a major decision (going to Seton Hill) without realizing that you will have very few lectures on material (because PBL teaches it in a different manner).

The instructors are great. As with every new med school we are going to have some issues that arise. We have had some of these (mainly students wanting a little more direction in course material). However, the administration has been doing a wonderful job listening to the students and getting what we needed. For instance, students asked for someone to deliver some anatomy, embryo, and histo lectures over certain topics. The administration worked with Erie and some of the professors from Erie come down a couple times a week to lecture to us.

Along with that, they have also given us some extra study materials (such as study guides, powerpoints, and so on).

As for the negatives, there are probably going to be more with a new school until everything gets worked out. I know some students are frustrated with how some things are done here, and if you ask them they will not be shy to tell you. However, despite some of the issues we have had, I am still happy I chose to go here. LECOM, both Erie and SH, truly does care about the students and they work to help everyone succeed.

Most of these issue (effective way of returning scores for tests, knowing how much guidance students need on material, etc.) we are having are things that are easily fixed and will not be a problem next year when a new class comes in. I will be a second year then and will be able to pass down my treasure trove of materials and help the first years out (since we are the first class we dont have this!).

Yes, I am very familiar with PBL, and all of the LECOMs seem to be the best as far as that curriculum goes. I completely understand that there are some issues that affect some people differently than others, and I just wanted to get a feel of what this issues are. I know that Erie and Bradenton have solid rotations and I wanted to make sure that Seton Hill did also before I commit to considering them. I checked out some information about Greensburg and it looks like a cute little town that I would enjoy living in.

Thanks DoctaJMa! Your responses were very helpful! I was accepted and switched to PBL at Seton Hill next year. I wanted to do PBL anyway, but had not decided on Seton Hill till reading this thread.

Ok, So I am going to probably open a can of worms here by some of the stuff I am going to say, but after today I think things need to be said.

I have been on SDN for some time and in my opinion SDN has more negative posts about schools or military medicine and so on, than positive. So I took it upon myself to post my experiences at LECOM - SH. A majority of them have been positive. Sure it is good to know some of the problems that are going on with the school. However, in my experience not many people post positive experiences...people would much rather feed the trolls.

I am not going to lie and say there havent been times where I think how things are handled here at LECOM - SH are utterly ridiculous. Overall, I am having a positive experience here at SH, but I am an overly optimistic person. There have been comments among students on campus that I am misleading people in the forum saying that our school is great.

HOWEVER, this is not the case. I have said that our school has negatives and problems like any other school but probably more because we are new. And yes there are some problems that have happened here that probably shouldnt have. And yes about 80% of the first year class is very disgruntled about the way things are going here. BUT I am the type of person that looks to see what we can learn from it and move on.

I do truly believe that things will be better next year. Mainly because we will have more staff and the problems from this year will be addressed and fixed. The whole issue here is how much BS people can take before they get pissed off. For a majority of the class, they have hit the point of being fed up and are getting even more pissed more easily when things go wrong which is their right. Everyone can have their own opinions.

All I can say is that I am enjoying my experience here, and yes there are days where I wish I had gone to Erie. BUT I know I am studying and learning what I need to know for the Boards even if that isnt always reflected in my test scores.

I have always been a firm believer of you make what you WANT of an experience. If you hop on the bandwagon and follow others down a road you dont like you are not going to enjoy the trip. I am making the most of what I CAN while here and thus far it has been working. :thumbup:

We have had issues with one professor but others have stepped in to try and make things better. SO, I am standing behind all of my previous posts! Again, it is all about what YOU make of an experience!

Ok, So I am going to probably open a can of worms here by some of the stuff I am going to say, but after today I think things need to be said.

I have been on SDN for some time and in my opinion SDN has more negative posts about schools or military medicine and so on, than positive. So I took it upon myself to post my experiences at LECOM - SH. A majority of them have been positive. Sure it is good to know some of the problems that are going on with the school. However, in my experience not many people post positive experiences...people would much rather feed the trolls.

I am not going to lie and say there havent been times where I think how things are handled here at LECOM - SH are utterly ridiculous. Overall, I am having a positive experience here at SH, but I am an overly optimistic person. There have been comments among students on campus that I am misleading people in the forum saying that our school is great.

HOWEVER, this is not the case. I have said that our school has negatives and problems like any other school but probably more because we are new. And yes there are some problems that have happened here that probably shouldnt have. And yes about 80% of the first year class is very disgruntled about the way things are going here. BUT I am the type of person that looks to see what we can learn from it and move on.

I do truly believe that things will be better next year. Mainly because we will have more staff and the problems from this year will be addressed and fixed. The whole issue here is how much BS people can take before they get pissed off. For a majority of the class, they have hit the point of being fed up and are getting even more pissed more easily when things go wrong which is their right. Everyone can have their own opinions.

All I can say is that I am enjoying my experience here, and yes there are days where I wish I had gone to Erie. BUT I know I am studying and learning what I need to know for the Boards even if that isnt always reflected in my test scores.

I have always been a firm believer of you make what you WANT of an experience. If you hop on the bandwagon and follow others down a road you dont like you are not going to enjoy the trip. I am making the most of what I CAN while here and thus far it has been working. :thumbup:

We have had issues with one professor but others have stepped in to try and make things better. SO, I am standing behind all of my previous posts! Again, it is all about what YOU make of an experience!

I completely agree with you and you don't have to say anymore, because I understand how it feels to be at a brand new institution and the growing pains you experience. Is there a student government on campus at Seton Hill that has put forth the effort to get things resolved? My only concern is clinical education and academic support, because I believe that's the key component to a good institution. Issues or problems are expected when you are dealing with a new school whether its undergrad or medical school. But I also think its important to let prospective students know exactly what issues they are facing so they can make an informed decision about what school to attend. I appreciate you coming online and sharing your opinions about the school.

I completely agree with you and you don't have to say anymore, because I understand how it feels to be at a brand new institution and the growing pains you experience. Is there a student government on campus at Seton Hill that has put forth the effort to get things resolved? My only concern is clinical education and academic support, because I believe that's the key component to a good institution. Issues or problems are expected when you are dealing with a new school whether its undergrad or medical school. But I also think its important to let prospective students know exactly what issues they are facing so they can make an informed decision about what school to attend. I appreciate you coming online and sharing your opinions about the school.

Thanks for your support. A couple of weeks ago the Student Government was put into place and they are working on a few things. They even sent out an anonymous survey to all of the students to fill out and add comments. The officers are hoping to take this info to the Admins to aid in improving the curriculum for the students. Our class reps have been acting as liaisons between the students and Admins. They are doing the best they can. Its moving slowly but forward which is a good sign!

As for the academic support the Admins are helping us a great deal. We have access to all of the powerpoints from Erie as well as High Yield Notes on the Portal. Also next week, a professor from LECOM - Bradenton (FL) is coming up to help us review for the upcoming Head and Neck exam as well as the Shelf Exam.

Thanks for your support. A couple of weeks ago the Student Government was put into place and they are working on a few things. They even sent out an anonymous survey to all of the students to fill out and add comments. The officers are hoping to take this info to the Admins to aid in improving the curriculum for the students. Our class reps have been acting as liaisons between the students and Admins. They are doing the best they can. Its moving slowly but forward which is a good sign!

As for the academic support the Admins are helping us a great deal. We have access to all of the powerpoints from Erie as well as High Yield Notes on the Portal. Also next week, a professor from LECOM - Bradenton (FL) is coming up to help us review for the upcoming Head and Neck exam as well as the Shelf Exam.

Did you visit Seton Hill before you accepted?

Can you be more specific on the issues the class is having at Seton Hill?

Hi all,
I am also a first year med student at Seton Hill (Hi jmw!). If you feel like discussing anything, I can give you my opinion as well, so feel free to PM me and I'll try and get back as soon as possible.

Hi all,
I am also a first year med student at Seton Hill (Hi jmw!). If you feel like discussing anything, I can give you my opinion as well, so feel free to PM me and I'll try and get back as soon as possible.

Well can you start off by telling us your opinion about the school.

Last edited:
Well can you start off by telling us your opinion about the school?

I have a feeling this is going to be interesting...was wondering how long it was going to be before we had another student chime in...I am interested to see what the response is :). I welcome all!

i have a feeling this is going to be interesting...was wondering how long it was going to be before we had another student chime in...i am interested to see what the response is :). I welcome all!

lol.

Last edited:
Hey ya'll...thought I would revive this thread really quick: So, I got accepted to LECOM-SH and will most likely be going there when my state school rejects me. It doesnt really make a difference, but I was just curious, since the LECOM-SH is on the Seton Hill University campus, does it still have the same dress code and no food/drink rules as the Erie campus?

Also, going back to what DoctaJMa said about housing in the area if you have pets...well I have a German Shephard that will be going with me and when my wife moves down there a year later she'll be bringing her Corgi. What towns/cities would you reccomend that are not too far of a commute to the campus?

Hey ya'll...thought I would revive this thread really quick: So, I got accepted to LECOM-SH and will most likely be going there when my state school rejects me. It doesnt really make a difference, but I was just curious, since the LECOM-SH is on the Seton Hill University campus, does it still have the same dress code and no food/drink rules as the Erie campus?

Also, going back to what DoctaJMa said about housing in the area if you have pets...well I have a German Shephard that will be going with me and when my wife moves down there a year later she'll be bringing her Corgi. What towns/cities would you reccomend that are not too far of a commute to the campus?

Yes the dress code is the same and Yes there is NO food/drink in the LECOM areas. However, we do get breaks when we actually have lecture and we can get coffee from the machine in the hall and drink it out there.

Some other towns would be Irwin, Monroeville, and Latrobe. Those are just a few but I know there are students that commute from each of those towns.

Hi Everyone,
I Just got accepted to SH and am excited to go! (also excited that we finally have our own thread, i was seriously scouring all the erie threads for ANY mention of this mysterious new campus!)

Most of my questions so far have been answered, but I have a couple more that I dont think anyone has asked yet:

1. Are there places to live that are within walking/biking distance to the campus (i.e. somewhere where i dont have to drive every day!?)
2. Have clubs been started up yet at SH, like the same clubs at Erie?
What about sports/intramural? I'm excited for the PBL but would also like to keep some tiny remnant of a SOCIAL LIFE in med school! :) Oh yeah and on the same topic, what's the night life in Greensburg like? I heard its one of the top places in the US to RETIRE, lol!
3. Since each class is so small (around 100, right), would you 2013 people say that you know everyone in your class? Are some lectures all together, with all students?
Can't wait to make the TREK and experience the probable culture shock (im from California!! aaah!)

Hey, in the regular LECOM-Erie forum, folks who got accepted are talking about a packet they received from the school...has anyone at Seton Hill received this packet yet or is that just the Erie folks?

Hi Everyone,
I Just got accepted to SH and am excited to go! (also excited that we finally have our own thread, i was seriously scouring all the erie threads for ANY mention of this mysterious new campus!)

Most of my questions so far have been answered, but I have a couple more that I dont think anyone has asked yet:

1. Are there places to live that are within walking/biking distance to the campus (i.e. somewhere where i dont have to drive every day!?)
2. Have clubs been started up yet at SH, like the same clubs at Erie?
What about sports/intramural? I'm excited for the PBL but would also like to keep some tiny remnant of a SOCIAL LIFE in med school! :) Oh yeah and on the same topic, what's the night life in Greensburg like? I heard its one of the top places in the US to RETIRE, lol!
3. Since each class is so small (around 100, right), would you 2013 people say that you know everyone in your class? Are some lectures all together, with all students?
Can't wait to make the TREK and experience the probable culture shock (im from California!! aaah!)

1. Yes. Some of the nicer places are pricey, but not by California standards! There are a lot of crappy places, and some super-sketchy landlords (David Morrison / JetOne LLC seems to be the worst) - but good places, too. The facebook group is the best place to ask about good places to live: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=47156512637 I live closer to Pittsburgh and drive, which sucks a little, but it's worth it to me for the things I do in that city. I think that most students live in Greensburg.

2. We're having our first club start-up rush after the holidays, so we'll have some clubs by next year. As for night life, you should ask the more local students. Again, fb... We have been getting together informally, and there have been I/M sports every week (soccer in the fall, maybe basketball or indoor volleyball now that it's finally cold out).

3. Some lectures are together. I think I know about 90% of the class by name, 75% as acquaintances, 50% pretty well. I mean, you'll almost automatically make at least a dozen friends, probably, plus the seven or eight people in your PBL group, the ten other people from California, the two dozen you play soccer with, the three dozen in your clubs, the people who live around you, etc. It'll be hard not to know half the class, and social life is what you make it.

I look forward to meeting you all in July!

1. Yes. Some of the nicer places are pricey, but not by California standards! There are a lot of crappy places, and some super-sketchy landlords (David Morrison / JetOne LLC seems to be the worst) - but good places, too. The facebook group is the best place to ask about good places to live: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=47156512637 I live closer to Pittsburgh and drive, which sucks a little, but it's worth it to me for the things I do in that city. I think that most students live in Greensburg.

2. We're having our first club start-up rush after the holidays, so we'll have some clubs by next year. As for night life, you should ask the more local students. Again, fb... We have been getting together informally, and there have been I/M sports every week (soccer in the fall, maybe basketball or indoor volleyball now that it's finally cold out).

3. Some lectures are together. I think I know about 90% of the class by name, 75% as acquaintances, 50% pretty well. I mean, you'll almost automatically make at least a dozen friends, probably, plus the seven or eight people in your PBL group, the ten other people from California, the two dozen you play soccer with, the three dozen in your clubs, the people who live around you, etc. It'll be hard not to know half the class, and social life is what you make it.

I look forward to meeting you all in July!

My goodness awake at 8 AM and on SDN, shouldnt you be reading some Path modules haha (Don't worry I still gotta get you those Goljan lectures voitokas :). Hey I am another student at LECOM-SH and I live closer to the school and I can tell you about the night life, living in Greensburg proper and whatever other questions anyone may have.

I am a student as well and would be happy to answer any questions...

With regard to housing...if you do not have pets and dont mind living on the south side of Greensburg...Toll House Apartments and Starboard Villa Townhomes are pretty good

Hey, in the regular LECOM-Erie forum, folks who got accepted are talking about a packet they received from the school...has anyone at Seton Hill received this packet yet or is that just the Erie folks?

I am going to Seton Hill fall 2010 and have also not received the packet. I was planning to call admissions next week after the holidays and will post if I get any information.

I am going to Seton Hill fall 2010 and have also not received the packet. I was planning to call admissions next week after the holidays and will post if I get any information.

I heard that you don't get anything from them until at least March....

I talked to admissions last week and they said the orientation packet will come out soon. The vaccination information is being updated. Both the orientation and the financial aid packets will be sent via email.

The 2014 Matriculation packet was in my email this morning!

I had to chime in on LECOM-SH. I am a student there and I am pleased. The problems we went through will not be encountered by the next class. PBL is a great way to learn....if you understand that it is SELF-DIRECTED. I think administration extrapolated that into all aspects of the curriculum (Anatomy, etc) and it had its problems. I get the feeling from our professors that the 'problem' we had will be resolved for next year. I know I may appear cryptic but I don't know who's reading this forum.

As you can tell, feelings are mixed about LECOM-SH. I for one feel that staff is approachable if you're professional regarding your concern (you have to be that way in the real world anyway). The facilities are really good. The OMM lab is pretty damn cool, the library is suprisingly comfy and resourceful. And that's all you need for PBL anyway.

My concern coming here was anatomy without cadavers. There's two sides to that coin. Some people need the body in front of them. We actually were right about the national average on the anatomy shelf exam, so maybe the cadaver isn't all it's cracked up to be.

It's an ongoing process here. If you want to be part of something that I think is going to turn out to be a wonderful school, see you in July. I would not change a thing about my choice.

Hey, I am considering joining the National Guard's MDSSP program and was wondering if any current students up there at LECOM-SH, who are currently in the National Guard, can tell me how far from Greensburg do you have to travel each month to attend drill?

Hey, I am considering joining the National Guard's MDSSP program and was wondering if any current students up there at LECOM-SH, who are currently in the National Guard, can tell me how far from Greensburg do you have to travel each month to attend drill?

As far as I am aware there are only HPSP people here. When we had our military med club meeting a couple weeks back...all that came were HPSP. However, I think you would probably go to Pittsburgh but dont pin me down on that.

I would contact a NG recruiter and ask. :)

Was wondering if any students are using a Mac for classes? I can run Windows on my Mac via Parallels and MS office so I really hate to spend money on a new computer if I don't have to. Thanks!

I talked to Mr. Venzin and Mrs. Linville about this issue a couple of weeks ago. We can use macs next year. I dislike everything PC and was going to use a Mac anyway. My solution was to use an external drive with Windows 7 and boot camp however I am going to use the Mac as is without buying any other software to start. Congrats on getting into SH!

That's good news on the Macs for next year and congrats on your acceptance too! I am going to stick with my Mac as is and see how that works out when classes start.

That's good news on the Macs for next year and congrats on your acceptance too! I am going to stick with my Mac as is and see how that works out when classes start.

You wont have a problem with the a Mac. The reason they didnt want anyone to have a Mac is because there was no technical support for them if there was a problem. If there is a problem there are other Mac users to talk to or you go just go to Pittsburgh and get it fixed there.

Anyway. If you are going to have a Mac make sure you have the software for word, powerpoint, and excel. I know Mac makes a package to be able to open these windows formats. As long as you have that package you will be fine. :) To be honest I think our class is about 50:50 on PCs to Macs.

Congrats on ur Acceptance! See you next fall!:D

Hi everyone,

Recently accepted and I scheduled a tour on March 25th. Anyone want to join me?

I did the tour last year and really like being on a college campus with our own separate parking, section of the library, etc. Enjoy your tour, and congratulations on your acceptance!

Received my acceptance to SETON HILL PBL program. Are there any current students that I can talk to? I need to know the pro's and con's. How are the exams at the end of the month. I heard you have to study 800 pages worth of information. How difficult is this and what are the exams like - multiple choice or essays???

How are the facilitator's and professors and are they very helpful?

Can current students talk about the exams? Are they given only once a month? Are the exams fair in your opinion or are they tricky and unrelated to the material you were supposed to study.