LECOM is here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Man if enrollment wasn't down I'd be worried about us turning into the pharmacy job market.

That said I'm going to be doing some serious saving for the next 5-10 years in case it happens anyways.
I think there a lot parallels with us and pharmacy.

For pharmacy it is very hard in desirable locations to find a good job. Some go rural to get a good job if necessary. The ability to open or a buy a small pharmacy......although the trend is less small and independent pharmacies.

Pharmacy had a period with $30,000 signing bonuses before too many schools opened up ...we never had that.

I would have a hard time recommending podiatry or pharmacy as a career.....pick a career you like, but make sure to also follow the jobs.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
6z1uxh.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
LECOM is a horrible residency program. The school feels podiatry is there just to cut toenails. They own about 6 nursing homes, and I’m sure they purchased more since I left. I’m sure this is the biggest drive to open a school. Free labor.

This place is horrible for Podiaty and should be closed down, not open a new school. What a shame. The internal medicine closed down/lost accreditation due to the way they were being treated, and they liked IM.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Great!!!! Looks like the 3rd year clinic experience for future LECOM pod students will be cutting toenails at different nursing homes. By the time they graduate, they will be very proficient at trimming toenails after 4 years.

Reactions: 5 users
Great!!!! Looks like the 3rd year clinic experience for future LECOM pod students will be cutting toenails at different nursing homes. By the time they graduate, they will be very proficient at trimming toenails after 4 years.
But making 525k at that practice in VA bustin crusties would be a dream!

Reactions: 2 users
LECOM is a horrible residency program. The school feels podiatry is there just to cut toenails. They own about 6 nursing homes, and I’m sure they purchased more since I left. I’m sure this is the biggest drive to open a school. Free labor.

This place is horrible for Podiaty and should be closed down, not open a new school. What a shame. The internal medicine closed down/lost accreditation due to the way they were being treated, and they liked IM.
Yep Lecom is one of the worst programs in the country. Now they have a school. Pathetic

Reactions: 3 users
Yep Lecom is one of the worst programs in the country. Now they have a school. Pathetic
People should talk more about the LECOM residency. One of my classmates did their summer program forever ago. They came back as like a second year and said they weren't going to clerk there. Curious to hear more.

Their program director is apparently going to be the new Dean.

Reactions: 1 users
Damn. Maybe we should have been peddling covid denial and anti-vax sentiment for the past couple years too.
I've had a few MD/DO patients through the years, each one of them had always introduced themselves with their first name. The only person who has introduced themselves as Dr. Big Head has been a chiropractor.

Reactions: 2 users
People should talk more about the LECOM residency. One of my classmates did their summer program forever ago. They came back as like a second year and said they weren't going to clerk there. Curious to hear more.

Their program director is apparently going to be the new Dean.
I just know they scramble every year
yep need more podiatrists in the Midwest.

Reactions: 1 user