LECOM Erie Class of 2012 Thread!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

so i'll be staying in Erie another 4 years, couldn't get enough in one year of post-bac. congrats to everyone else as well

Members don't see this ad.

Ya know, you only HAVE TO spend two years in Erie!! If you don't like the place, just do your rotations elsewhere. I plan on moving to Buffalo for my 3rd & 4th years. Erie's actually not bad 7 months out of the year. The beach is great. Beware, the drivers here are crazy stupid. I think you have to have an extra chromosome somewhere in order to get your license around here.

Here's another pearl: in Erie, the words "medical school" are used to describe any type of medically oriented training program. Everytime, I mean EVERYTIME that I have told any local that I was in medical school or that I was a medical student, I got a reply like; "My daughter's going to medical school too, she graduates in October. She's going to be a nurse's assistant." There is even a billboard right accross from Millcreek Hospital that says; "Think all medical schools are the same, think again - Erie cummunity technical college." I am not kidding, you'll see.

Ya know, you only HAVE TO spend two years in Erie!! If you don't like the place, just do your rotations elsewhere. I plan on moving to Buffalo for my 3rd & 4th years. Erie's actually not bad 7 months out of the year. The beach is great. Beware, the drivers here are crazy stupid. I think you have to have an extra chromosome somewhere in order to get your license around here.

Here's another pearl: in Erie, the words "medical school" are used to describe any type of medically oriented training program. Everytime, I mean EVERYTIME that I have told any local that I was in medical school or that I was a medical student, I got a reply like; "My daughter's going to medical school too, she graduates in October. She's going to be a nurse's assistant." There is even a billboard right accross from Millcreek Hospital that says; "Think all medical schools are the same, think again - Erie cummunity technical college." I am not kidding, you'll see.

i don't know if you're responding to me but i'll answer anyways...mostly because i'm supposed to be studying :). i know it's not too bad, having been here through a winter and surviving i know i can manage. there are worse places to live, and it's the only one that will get me to where i want to be so i'll deal with it. as for doing rotations away, most likely going to happen.

the second paragraph is very true. i went to look at paramedic training and they told me i couldn't take it because i was already in class (post-bac). when i told them i couldn't drop post-bac because i wanted to go to medical school their response was "it's ok, paramedic school is the same thing, only shorter". that's when i thanked them for their time and left, sort of confused and a little scared.

do i love erie? unfortunately i loved where i went to undergrad so it's hard to compare. is it livable? absolutely (even w/ the weather). in the choice between being a dr. and not, i'll take erie every time

Members don't see this ad :)

Haha so true! A bank teller in Erie asked about what I'm studying. When I said starting medical school at LECOM, she said "Oh, so you want to be a nurse?" I don’t know whether it was Erie or me being female.:rolleyes: And I cant believe that billboard still up. :laugh:

Well since I'm in charge of it...of course!! No, but really, I would. If you are going to print out the lectures each day, this will save you time and money- they arrive hole punched in your locker every morning. And the notes from class are good if you miss class or if you want to double check yours...or if you don't pay attention in class!

No, but probably 50-75% of our class does.

When and where do you sign up for this?

When and where do you sign up for this?
I believe it is in the beginning of the semester. Keep an eye out for it. LisaMD is part of the team that does it for first years this semester

I believe it is in the beginning of the semester. Keep an eye out for it. LisaMD is part of the team that does it for first years this semester

LisaMD has a test on monday so I will respond to this. The note service is run by the students with no support from the school. That means....that one of you guys has to be willing to take charge and get this started. The school WILL NOT help and if you don't start it there will be no noteservice for you. LisaMD is the best one to ask about this as I am the treasurer. I will give you a brief run down.
We upload the notes from the server and email them to office max. Office max then prints them off and delivers them to the school. Runner, ie:student willing to place the notes in the lockers, do so each afternoon/morning (all lockers have a mail slot). Then each morning students are able to pick their notes out of their lockers and go to class. One girl is in charge of getting the notes to office max. Lisa is in charge of the scribes, students who take notes during class for people who missed the lecture or just want the extra notes. And I am in charge of the money, which means I deposit all of the checks and make sure we don't go into the red. Gerenally, the students in charge, the scribes and the runners get the service for FREE (typically $150 per semester cost).
This is a great service especiall for those of you in LDP. It will cost you less to have the notes printed through note service than to print them yourself at home.
Feel free to ask me or LisaMD any question.
Congrats and enjoy your summer. We have 7 weeks to go till MSII.

We are looking into buying a house. We are going to be in Erie May 13-17 to look and hopefully find a house. I have a question though about applying for a mortgage. Will we have to get a co-signer if we will be living off of student loans? We will qualify for a 100K + house with my current job and we are looking around the 75K range. Do they only verify your income until closing or do they ask about your future income? Did anyone else already go through this? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

We put our name on the list for Millcreek Hospital's rental houses. The nice lady said there were about 20 people above us. Are there many rental houses that open up around the school in the summer? Aren't there some new apartments going up close to the school? Does anyone know the name of the complex? Thanks!

We put our name on the list for Millcreek Hospital's rental houses. The nice lady said there were about 20 people above us. Are there many rental houses that open up around the school in the summer? Aren't there some new apartments going up close to the school? Does anyone know the name of the complex? Thanks!

I think the ones across the street are called Laurel Springs.

Does anyone know what type of grading system is used? Pass/Fail or A, B, C, etc? Thanks

LECOM uses A (90%), B (80%), C (70%) & F.

Anesthesiology11Dermatology1Emergency Medicine24Family Medicine26FM/EM2FM/OMT3General Surgery14Internal Medicine40IM/EM1IM/Pediatrics1Neurology3Neurosurgery1OB/GYN10Orthopedic Surgery9Pathology1Pediatrics11PM&R4Psychiatry2Radiology2Traditional Rotating Internship (Alone)12Transitional Year (Alone)4Total182

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys-
Our class just posted this-it is too long and way to varied to post individual sites-most are at our affiliates, you will learn that as you go. Just a fyi, this is only the erie class.

And it is the combo of both allopathic and osteopathic programs, about 40/60

I have a question. After we pay the 1500 matriculation fee. Should we start filling out the FAFSA application for loan, or should we wait for further instructions from the school? (i.e. matriculation package)

Just curious....does the 1500 apply to our tuition?

I filled out FAFSA a few weeks ago and they said they'll start sending out financial aid offers in May.

Can't wait for July!!!!!

Just curious....does the 1500 apply to our tuition?

I filled out FAFSA a few weeks ago and they said they'll start sending out financial aid offers in May.

Can't wait for July!!!!!

Yes it does count towards your tuition.

I have some questions about this pathway for students already attending LECOM. 1.) You have to do your clinicals at pre-selected hospitals in Erie, correct? 2.) I read that the residency after is three years... That's to be done at which hospitals? 3.) What all is considered "Primary Care" at LECOM? Some schools just consider family medicine and internal medicine, etc while others include ENT, OB/GYN... 4.) Does the sub-internship take the place of the internship/1st year residency?

Thanks in advance!

I have some questions about this pathway for students already attending LECOM. 1.) You have to do your clinicals at pre-selected hospitals in Erie, correct? 2.) I read that the residency after is three years... That's to be done at which hospitals? 3.) What all is considered "Primary Care" at LECOM? Some schools just consider family medicine and internal medicine, etc while others include ENT, OB/GYN... 4.) Does the sub-internship take the place of the internship/1st year residency?

Thanks in advance!

Answers to your Q's

1) Your clinicals will be done in the hospitals that are part of the OTPI, or the osteopathic training sites nearby, they are(and are subject to change): Milcreek Hospital, Meadville Hospital, Richmond Heights, and Clarion. Each of these hospitals have clinics and there are many community based clinicians we will be doing rotations with, so not necessarily hospital based. These are not all in Erie, only Millcreek. The others are from 45 to 90 minutes away. All your "preceptorships" or trips to the physicians offices DURING your 1st year will take place at these places.

2)Residency is after three years, as I will be awarded a DO degree a the end of 3 years. I will have completed both step I and II+PE and graduated. I will be doing residency at one of these sites.(as of right now)

3)There are 3 types of residencies and 2 fellowships currently allowable. FM, Peds, and IM, with Fellowships in Geriatrics or OMM.

4) The last 4 week rotation in the 3rd year is a "sub internship" or rotation at the site of ultimate residency, but when you graduate you will be a full intern. Your LDP, ISP and PBL classmates will be starting their 4th year, and you will be done with internship when they graduate.

For more information read the article in Academic Medicine, Sep 07.

http://www.academicmedicine.org/pt/re/acmed/abstract.00001888-200709000-00016.htm;jsessionid=H9LTM64fzXKLLk6VkQ7SngbvJfHHHtXxwLv1hTfC8PYKfRDbShHW!-2026113843!181195628!8091!-1?index=1&database=ppvovft&results=1&count=10&searchid=1&nav=search

Here is the abstract, if your university can get access to it you can read the whole thing. It plots out everything. It's what they pitched to the AOA.

Best wishes, It's going to be highly competitive next year, 20 people have it as 1st choice. and atleast a dozen 2nd choice. You have to know that PCP is what you want to do.

The 8 will be selected from those interested near the end of anatomy. You'll be interviewed by the program head and some of the faculty of the OPTIs. I'm hoping we students can be involved, as we will be involved in teaching, somewhat, from the plans. It's going to be an even more awesome program next year.

Best wishes to you all, class of 2012, 2011PCSP

Keithengineer

Anesthesiology11Dermatology1Emergency Medicine24Family Medicine26FM/EM2FM/OMT3General Surgery14Internal Medicine40IM/EM1IM/Pediatrics1Neurology3Neurosurgery1OB/GYN10Orthopedic Surgery9Pathology1Pediatrics11PM&R4Psychiatry2Radiology2Traditional Rotating Internship (Alone)12Transitional Year (Alone)4Total182

Hey FatBeagle, This is probably a dumb question but....the ones that say FM/EM and IM/EM, I'm assuming these mean residencies for Family/Emergency Medicine and Internal/Emergency Medicine, right? Can you explain that a little further and how it's possible to pick two areas? Will the people that got into the residencies, eventually have to pick one of those? Is it common to be able to pick two areas or is it just depending on the specific residency? I'm wondering because I'm pretty sure that I want to do Emergency Medicine but I don't see myself doing EM forever.

Hey FatBeagle, This is probably a dumb question but....the ones that say FM/EM and IM/EM, I'm assuming these mean residencies for Family/Emergency Medicine and Internal/Emergency Medicine, right? Can you explain that a little further and how it's possible to pick two areas? Will the people that got into the residencies, eventually have to pick one of those? Is it common to be able to pick two areas or is it just depending on the specific residency? I'm wondering because I'm pretty sure that I want to do Emergency Medicine but I don't see myself doing EM forever.

It's a dual residency, meaning they have training in both areas. the best example I can think of is, Med/Peds. Where you spend 4 years instead of three doing 6 month peds, then 6 months Internal med. You have to take BOTH boards, and you'd be certified in both. FM/ER, means you do a lot of ambulatory med, office based stuff, and then spent a lot of time training in an ER. Not sure how long it is though.

This is difference from doing a FELLOWSHIP. where you finish you FM residency, you're a Boarded Family doc, then you go to a Neuromuscular Medicince 1 year FELLOWSHIP, and learn hard core OMM.

Internal medicine docs who want to do cardiology, tend to to IM, then cardio fellowships. Surgeons do general surg, then fellowships in what they want.

Generallists do residencies in what they like, like FM ER, and balance their time.
Hope that helps.

KE

I have a question about the immunization records...my parents moved a few times when I was young and the only records we had of my shots were lost in a fire a few years ago. I've come up with most of my records but I don't have anything on the polio shots. My PCP wasn't sure what to do and the form wasn't clear on that since there isn't a tilter for it. Anyone else have this problem or know what to do?? Thanks!
PS--19 weeks until we start MEDICAL SCHOOL! :)

I had the same problem. I was given 3 polio shots. I got the first, then after a month the second, and after 6 months i'll be given the third (the 3rd will be in august after school starts)
Same with hep B

Not sure if the school ensurance we have to pay will cover them.

Dude, have you seen their graduates compared to ours? :lol:

Hey guys I have been waitlisted at LECOM-E. This is my top choice school. I'm ok with this because hey it's not a rejection! I mailed back my acceptance of the waitlist the same day I got it. :) Keithengineer or anyone else, I was curious to see how many students were accepted last year from the waitlist. Is there usually a lot of waitlist movement at LECOM-E?

Anyone know how much you should anticipate receiving after tuition, fees, and all related school expenses are paid? Should I plan on budgeting with around 20,000 for the year if I take out the max in loans? I just want to know what some of you current students have been working with.

I took out the full amount. I got about $11,900 first semester and $10,800 second semester.

Yeah, I'd say 20 large is about right. Erie's pretty cheap.
bkpa2med, what are your thoughts?

I took out the full amount. I got about $11,900 first semester and $10,800 second semester.

Perfect thanks, that is around what I was anticipating.

Anyone know what are the more popular student housing places for rent? I'm going apartment hunting in May and I wanted to get a feel for where people generally lived. Thanks

If you're looking for apartment or townhouse arrangements, there are two really big developers around the school: Maleno development and Pastore brothers. (The new Laurel Springs across the street from the school is by one of these two builders.)
www.malenodevelopment.com
www.pastorebuilders.com
I live in some townhomes built by Buckeye Realty. If safety of your neighborhood is a priority, I would definitely recommend housing in the Milcreek area (West of the school). The more East you go, the more shady the area. If you are thinking about getting a house, I'd encourage you to do it! Erie is on the up-swing (because it's got no where to go, economically, but up). A house here, I think, would actually be a very good long-term investment (as in, you could sell it for a lot more in 10-15 years)... just a thought. I would echo what someone wrote a while ago, however: newer, smaller places will have smaller utilities bills, which is a big deal when you're living on loans.

I'm LDP and it's not so bad. Yeah, you have to go to class, but you're usually out by 2 or 3 pm... and some days you're out by noon! There isn't a lot to do around Erie in the winter time (but, you'd rather be studying anyways, right?;)). In the Spring through the Fall, though, anything outside is a good thing! Basically, if you want something to do other than study, you'll find something to do... it doesn't have to be boring here if you don't want it to be. (Personally, I'm learning guitar!)

About roommates: great idea in general. Screen the prospective roommate really well, though. Most people I know w/ roommates tend to "tolerate" their roommate more than "get along well with" the person. And quite a few people are opting to live alone next year rather than go again with the same person.... just a thought.

if you have questions, feel free to PM me! :D I'm a first year, so I still remember how most of you are feeling!

I know of some, but I wish I had a number for ya, I certainly was. I couldn't even ball park it. Realize they will do waitlist acceptances through out the summer.

Good luck!!

Hey guys I have been waitlisted at LECOM-E. This is my top choice school. I'm ok with this because hey it's not a rejection! I mailed back my acceptance of the waitlist the same day I got it. :) Keithengineer or anyone else, I was curious to see how many students were accepted last year from the waitlist. Is there usually a lot of waitlist movement at LECOM-E?

Hey Class of 2012! Has it sunk in with anyone that in just a few months we start medical school?? :D
I’ve been recruited to head up our class’ noteservice and I need lots of help! I copied some of the descriptions from the last few years’ class so please let me know if you are interested in helping out!! To start out we really need someone to be Head Runner and Treasurer…from there we’ll have to have lots of people to take notes. Everyone I’ve talked to seems to really like the service and they all recommend us getting it started early so we can have it up and running from day one! PM me if you are interested!
See you in a few months!
~Lauren

Class of 2011: “We upload the notes from the server and email them to office max. Office max then prints them off and delivers them to the school. Runner, ie: student willing to place the notes in the lockers, does so each afternoon/morning (all lockers have a mail slot). Then each morning students are able to pick their notes out of their lockers and go to class. One girl is in charge of getting the notes to office max. The Head Scribe is in charge of the scribes: students who take notes during class for people who missed the lecture or just want the extra notes. And I, the Treasurer, am in charge of the money, which means I deposit all of the checks and make sure we don't go into the red. Generally, the students in charge, the scribes and the runners get the service for FREE (typically $150 per semester cost).
This is a great service especially for those of you in LDP. It will cost you less to have the notes printed through note service than to print them yourself at home.
It’s a student run thing where you can get printed class notes (the prof's power point) and notes on what was said in classes (called scribe notes). In order for you guys to have this service, you need to start one up. Three students are needed to run it:

-Head scribe - in charge of the scribes who take notes in class, have to make schedules, and send out the scribe notes
-Head runner - in charge of the runners who deliver the printed class notes and getting the notes for class printed (uploading them to a server and they are then delivered)
-Treasurer - in charge of paying the bills for the printed notes and keeping the noteservice out of the red

Once we get those three people, other students will be solicited to be runners and scribes. The bonus of being one of these three positions is that you can put it on your curriculum vitae and you get free noteservice.

If you are interested in being any of the above three positions or a scribe or runner (they get free noteservice too) then drop me a PM stating what you are interested in. LDP students are the ones who typically participate in the noteservice, but any pathway could actually be the treasurer or head scribe.”

Yeah, I'd say 20 large is about right. Erie's pretty cheap.
bkpa2med, what are your thoughts?

There going to be anesthiologists one day :bullcrap:

Edit: My bad, I thought you were still talking about LECOM competition EIT lol

Erie is pretty cheap, cost of living wise. I don't think anyone should have a problem. If your buying a home, like I did, look into realestateerie.com. Believe me, if your looking for $75k you may be in an area that isn't that great.

Hey guys congrats on getting in to med school! I'm a 1st year LDP student looking for a roommate for next year b/c my roommate who is a second year will be leaving on rotations. Your half of the rent would be 270$ a month plus utilities/cable and internet Approx(85$ per person/month a little more in the winter b/c of the heat). Two bed rooms, 1 1/2 baths, kitchen and living room, small back deck and unfinished basement. The town house has dishwasher, AC, garbage disposal, possibly washer and dryer, (If my roommate doesn't take the ones here but I don't think he will he found them for free) and assigned parking in front of the house. The place is about 2mi from school and only takes 5-10min. to drive there in the morning. The house if fairly new I think it is about 11-12 years old. As well this is the cheapest rent in the area that I could find when I came to Erie. If you are interested or have any questions just respond to the thread.
Thanks, Mike
P.S. you would be able to move in July 1st.

Hey guys congrats on getting in to med school! I'm a 1st year LDP student looking for a roommate for next year b/c my roommate who is a second year will be leaving on rotations. Your half of the rent would be 270$ a month plus utilities/cable and internet Approx(85$ per person/month a little more in the winter b/c of the heat). Two bed rooms, 1 1/2 baths, kitchen and living room, small back deck and unfinished basement. The town house has dishwasher, AC, garbage disposal, possibly washer and dryer, (If my roommate doesn't take the ones here but I don't think he will he found them for free) and assigned parking in front of the house. The place is about 2mi from school and only takes 5-10min. to drive there in the morning. The house if fairly new I think it is about 11-12 years old. As well this is the cheapest rent in the area that I could find when I came to Erie. If you are interested or have any questions just respond to the thread.
Thanks, Mike
P.S. you would be able to move in July 1st.

PM'd you

Hey Class of 2012! Has it sunk in with anyone that in just a few months we start medical school?? :D
I've been recruited to head up our class' noteservice and I need lots of help! I copied some of the descriptions from the last few years' class so please let me know if you are interested in helping out!! To start out we really need someone to be Head Runner and Treasurer…from there we'll have to have lots of people to take notes. Everyone I've talked to seems to really like the service and they all recommend us getting it started early so we can have it up and running from day one! PM me if you are interested!
See you in a few months!
~Lauren

Class of 2011: "We upload the notes from the server and email them to office max. Office max then prints them off and delivers them to the school. Runner, ie: student willing to place the notes in the lockers, does so each afternoon/morning (all lockers have a mail slot). Then each morning students are able to pick their notes out of their lockers and go to class. One girl is in charge of getting the notes to office max. The Head Scribe is in charge of the scribes: students who take notes during class for people who missed the lecture or just want the extra notes. And I, the Treasurer, am in charge of the money, which means I deposit all of the checks and make sure we don't go into the red. Generally, the students in charge, the scribes and the runners get the service for FREE (typically $150 per semester cost).
This is a great service especially for those of you in LDP. It will cost you less to have the notes printed through note service than to print them yourself at home.
It's a student run thing where you can get printed class notes (the prof's power point) and notes on what was said in classes (called scribe notes). In order for you guys to have this service, you need to start one up. Three students are needed to run it:

-Head scribe - in charge of the scribes who take notes in class, have to make schedules, and send out the scribe notes
-Head runner - in charge of the runners who deliver the printed class notes and getting the notes for class printed (uploading them to a server and they are then delivered)
-Treasurer - in charge of paying the bills for the printed notes and keeping the noteservice out of the red

Once we get those three people, other students will be solicited to be runners and scribes. The bonus of being one of these three positions is that you can put it on your curriculum vitae and you get free noteservice.

If you are interested in being any of the above three positions or a scribe or runner (they get free noteservice too) then drop me a PM stating what you are interested in. LDP students are the ones who typically participate in the noteservice, but any pathway could actually be the treasurer or head scribe."

:love: to Lauren for taking charge!

I just wanted to comment on one thing that she copied from the last paragraph. The treasurer can definitely be any pathway, but for head runner/scribe they should definitely be LDP. Also, for the first 12 weeks when everyone is in (at least for us) anatomy/histo/embryo together, a ton of people from other pathways signed up. We had a special 12 week price for them, and they stopped receiving everything after anatomy. However, a lot of ISP people still subscribe to NS b/c they come to lectures sometimes and get the scribe notes b/c they answer objectives, etc... Also everyone has OPP so they like getting the scribe notes from OPP lecture because...well you'll see :smuggrin:.

Just wanted to throw that out there! Enjoy your summer!

I've been recruited to head up our class' noteservice and I need lots of help! I copied some of the descriptions from the last few years' class so please let me know if you are interested in helping out!! To start out we really need someone to be Head Runner and Treasurer…from there we'll have to have lots of people to take notes. Everyone I've talked to seems to really like the service and they all recommend us getting it started early so we can have it up and running from day one! PM me if you are interested!
See you in a few months!
~Lauren

PM sent about treasurer. :)

P.S. Paying $1.00 to whoever choose to be treasurer to give it to me instead. Thanks! :p

Only 95 more days to go... then comes studying hell. And we'll all be going :boom:

Only 95 more days to go... then comes studying hell. And we'll all be going :boom:

:eek:

Hey class of 2012!
Thanks to everyone who has offered to help out with the noteservice!
Here are your officers:
Treasurer: Alia (DrA)
Head Runner: ChiDO
Head Scribe: Lauren (me :) )
ISP leison: Tran (Precious 124)

We still need notetakers, so PM me if you are interested!

We're also going to plan an informal dinner/barbeque/something sometime before orientation, so keep checking back for that! Also, check out the Facebook group LECOM-Erie Class of 2012..

I look forward to meeting you all in ~90 days!!

*Lauren J.

:eek:

Hey class of 2012!
Thanks to everyone who has offered to help out with the noteservice!
Here are your officers:
Treasurer: Alisa (DrA)
Head Runner: ChiDO
Head Scribe: Lauren (me :) )
ISP leison: Tran (Precious 124)

We still need notetakers, so PM me if you are interested!

We're also going to plan an informal dinner/barbeque/something sometime before orientation, so keep checking back for that! Also, check out the Facebook group LECOM-Erie Class of 2012..

I look forward to meeting you all in ~90 days!!

*Lauren J.

Wow- you guys are on the ball!!! Congrats. I am currently the head runner and would be happy to chat with ChiDO whenever he/she wants to know whats going on with what they signed up for!

Anyone started the loan process yet? I heard they don't start sending out info until May and I am getting anxious to get everything done way before school starts. Anyone else feelin' what I am? Hey, what does everyone like to do in their freetime? Like we will have much of that anyway, but it would be nice to get to know fellow classmates before starting.

Hey guys,
When I stared school, I had to move all my crap 500 miles...which meant that I didn't bring much here. It's that time of year when all the second years are trying to sell stuff so that they can leave on rotations. You might want to check out the LECOM classifieds to see if you can pick up some stuff cheap. Even if the person you are buying from is leaving before you come to Erie, they usually have a friend or two that is staying in the area & could store something for a few weeks.

The link is: http://www.my.lecom.edu/forum/

Also, I saw above that someone was listing off decent apt. places - I would add the Montagna Brothers Townhouses to the list. It's in a decent area of town (West 40th and 41st Streets right near an elementary school). They are two bedroom places and rent is $625. If you don't like smoke, you better ask for nonsmoking neighbors because it does tend to drift.

Anyone started the loan process yet? I heard they don't start sending out info until May and I am getting anxious to get everything done way before school starts. Anyone else feelin' what I am? Hey, what does everyone like to do in their freetime? Like we will have much of that anyway, but it would be nice to get to know fellow classmates before starting.
They emailed me a bunch of times about not having my FAFSA in, but now that it's been submitted for weeks, I get nothing from them! I too am ready to get as much done now as I can before the chaos starts!
I have a random question...Will there be any reason why I'd have to get a PA driver's license while I'm in school? I'm from Oklahoma and I know here as long as you're a student you don't have to switch it over...Just curious if I need to add going to the DMV on my to-do list.

They emailed me a bunch of times about not having my FAFSA in, but now that it's been submitted for weeks, I get nothing from them! I too am ready to get as much done now as I can before the chaos starts!

You'll get your financial aid info soon after May 1st. You should get your refund check shortly after you start. I believe it is scheduled for Aug. 11th.

I have a random question...Will there be any reason why I'd have to get a PA driver's license while I'm in school? I'm from Oklahoma and I know here as long as you're a student you don't have to switch it over...Just curious if I need to add going to the DMV on my to-do list.

No. And you can never change your residency to PA status (for in state tuition) if you don't start out PA resident by the way.

I am ISP and will want to have the lecture notes even though I won't be in lecture every day. Are the notes available online? I would much rather use a tablet and take notes on my computer than lug notebooks and notebooks of notes around.:confused:

I am ISP and will want to have the lecture notes even though I won't be in lecture every day. Are the notes available online? I would much rather use a tablet and take notes on my computer than lug notebooks and notebooks of notes around.:confused:

All notes are available online through the LECOM website. You will have access the first week of classes when they give you a username and password. You won't need printed notes if you have a tablet laptop.

Not to mention last year and the 3 years previous notes as well.

Hey all got my acceptance in Dec. will be joining you all in august. Has anyone heard about when a book list will be given out?? Is that within the first week or will they mail it to you earlier in the mail?? Congrats to everyone lets try to make these four , if we become lucky 3, years of bliss.. haha:laugh:

Hey all got my acceptance in Dec. will be joining you all in august. Has anyone heard about when a book list will be given out?? Is that within the first week or will they mail it to you earlier in the mail?? Congrats to everyone lets try to make these four , if we become lucky 3, years of bliss.. haha:laugh:

I spoke with Sara from the bookstore, and she said that the book list will be ready for us in the middle of June.