LECOM-Bradenton Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trpntnkiss

In Love with the World
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone! Congrats on getting in! :D I know its early but lets get to know each other a little better.

Where is everyone from?

Members don't see this ad.

hey! congrats to you too....i'm from illinois.....i sent my deposit in so i'm pretty set on going here. very excited!

hey! congrats to you too....i'm from illinois.....i sent my deposit in so i'm pretty set on going here. very excited!

Awesome! I am from New Haven, CT. It is nice to see someone going who is not from the area either. I am working on raising the funds for my deposit. Applying to med school basically requires working another full time job!

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, very expensive. All the money i saved up working this summer is gone.

Hey Everyone! Congrats on getting in! :D I know its early but lets get to know each other a little better.

Where is everyone from?

Hey, thanks for creating the thread.

I'm from FL, actually not that far away from school :D. I'm super excited to get started. I am sure we will be a good team at LECOM-B.

Congratulations to everyone! I was just notified by Heather that I got in! This is my first choice for school, so unless I am very impressed by the few interviews I actually still plan on attending, I will be seeing you all next summer. Is there a facebook group for this yet? It will be fun to get to know some of you before school starts.

Hello all! Im from the Tampa area and graduated from USF. Ill be attending LECOM Class of 2014! Cant wait to meet you all!

I'm a first year and there are a lot of people here that went to USF. Actually about half our class is from florida so I bet you'll meet some people you know already!

Hi all! i just found out i was accepted yesterday! im really excited :)
Im from Tallahassee, went to undergrad at UF and graduated December 2008. Cant wait to meet everyone!

Congratulations to everyone! I was just notified by Heather that I got in! This is my first choice for school, so unless I am very impressed by the few interviews I actually still plan on attending, I will be seeing you all next summer. Is there a facebook group for this yet? It will be fun to get to know some of you before school starts.

i also searched for a Facebook group but didnt find one. definitely needs to be started!

Hey Yall, i know some of you who have been accepted and are planning on attending have been asking about a facebook group. there wasnt one out there yet so i went ahead and created one so that we can start to get to know each other. i know its still pretty early but its never too soon to start :)

anyways here is the link feel free to pass it on

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=177476724344

Hello all! Im from the Tampa area and graduated from USF. Ill be attending LECOM Class of 2014! Cant wait to meet you all!

Since you are familiar with that drive, I am curious how feasible you think it would be for my significant other to attend USF if I attend LECOM-B? Maybe living between the two campuses would make it possible?

From USF main campus to LECOM is about a 55 minute drive. USF also has a campus in Sarasota.

Parking is a pain in the butt at USF tho so alot of time would be spent driving and finding parking.

Hope this helps

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on 10/23 and found out that I was accepted today!!! I'm currently at USF Tampa so, Im familiar with the area and happy to stay in the nice Florida weather. Congrats to all who have been accepted. See you all in the Fall.

Anyone heard anything about any problems with clinical clerkships in the 3rd and 4th years? It was the only gripe that I heard from students while I was there... Thanks!

Anyone heard anything about any problems with clinical clerkships in the 3rd and 4th years? It was the only gripe that I heard from students while I was there... Thanks!

Well, I do remember talking to some 2nd year students on interview day, and they said we pretty much have to take care of our own transportation needs, etc.
So for example, say you're finishing up a clinical rotation in Ohio on Friday, and your next rotation in in Pennsylvania, the hospitals expect you to take a flight that weekend and be sure to be in PA by Monday. I guess it comes down to good time management and wise use of money. Other than that, don't recall any complaints per se.

Last edited:
That's fine with me...I do not mind travelling to complete clinical rotations (It stinks, but oh well)...I just want to make sure that I am able to get the clinical rotations that I need! :) I just was curious since that was the only gripe that I heard from any students at LECOM-B. Any 3rd/4th years have any input?

Sent in my deposit today! Can't wait to meet everyone next year!

That's fine with me...I do not mind travelling to complete clinical rotations (It stinks, but oh well)...I just want to make sure that I am able to get the clinical rotations that I need! :) I just was curious since that was the only gripe that I heard from any students at LECOM-B. Any 3rd/4th years have any input?

4th year here.

There were a couple of long weekends of driving, but I've never really had a problem with transport. Most places are pretty reasonable as far as giving you the last Friday of your rotation off if you need it for travel.

Really the biggest critique of LECOM-B is the lack of "help" from the clinical ed office when scheduling rotations. They do a lot of telling you what you can't do, and not much in the way of helping you fill spots. The best thing I've found to do is to disregard the clin-ed people in general. Oftentimes I have scheduled a rotation through portal to have them not submit my stuff and be left scrambling the week before the rotation, or have a rotation canceled and them not notify me until the last minute. I'd recommend scheduling your rotations with the hospitals/clinics yourselves, and then tell the clin-ed office what your plans are. This is kind of far off for you guys though. Maybe they will have the system stabilized and fixed by the time you're 3rd years.

Aside from that, there is really a lack of structure in the 3rd and 4th years, and this can be construed as being either a negative (no direction/support) or a positive (extreme flexibility). I chose the latter, in that I was able to do my rotations when I wanted, where I wanted, my electives where I wanted, do lots of what I wanted to do, and avoid things I didn't want to do.

All that being said, I'm glad I went to LECOM-B, and can't imagine having gone anywhere else. PBL rocks my socks, and for the most part (with few exceptions) the faculty are great.

3rd year here. Congrats to everyone on getting in!

As far as rotations go..... depends on who you ask. The advantage is that there is a lot of flexibility, which is also the disadvantage as it may require more legwork on your part to setup certain rotations if you're interested in a particular location.

I have friends who are single and didn't mind traveling all around using sites/hospitals/physicians that have already taken students and thus "affliated" with us. A few others wanted to go back to their hometown and spent a little more effort setting up rotations with docs all in that one area.

I wanted to stay in this region since my wife works in Clearwater/St Pete and I had no problems getting all my rotations here. We moved up to St Pete and so far my farthest rotation has been 30-45min away when I had to drive back down to Bradenton for a surgery rotation.

I think the more important factor is the quality of the rotation. There can be a wide variety depending on where and who you are with.... which you really only figure out by talking with students ahead of you and other students in your class that have rotated at certain locations. The SGA site has a section for rotation reviews, and while it's certainly no exhaustive there are a good number of reviews for sites around the country.

For ex: For IM I wanted to rotate at a local hospital that has an IM residency because I wanted that sort of environment that involved working with residents and organized didactics in a hospital setting. Others may have done IM with a single physician and that could be a good thing if he enjoys teaching and lets you have a lot of patient contact, but could be less than ideal if he is not interested in teaching, doesn't let you do anything, and runs around clinic all day without talking to you. At least in the hospital setting I had tons of experience doing full H&Ps on admitted patients and then had the chance of going over the admission with the interns/residents.

Same with something like OB/GYN, I did mine at a local hospital with an OB residency because I wanted that traditional teaching environment. I know others who were with private docs who weren't allowed to go to clinic so they pretty much stayed in the delivery ward waiting for their doc to come by for a surgery or delivery.

So there's a wide variation, and really it can be like that where ever you go. It's certainly not going to be like a large allopathic university setting where you just do your entire 3rd year at the attached teaching hospital, but even in that situation the experience will vary depending on which physician or service you are with and how much you get to do if you are with several other students and residents. So some people don't like the fact that there isn't a single large teaching hospital they can stay at, while others love the flexibility in rotation locations. I'm currently the only student with this particular surgeon, and while it's not at a teaching hospital with surgical residency and thus no structured didactics, I am basically 1st assist on every surgery he does since it's just me and him. Instead of structured lectures I'll just read my review books, no big deal.

Really the biggest critique of LECOM-B is the lack of "help" from the clinical ed office when scheduling rotations. They do a lot of telling you what you can't do, and not much in the way of helping you fill spots. The best thing I've found to do is to disregard the clin-ed people in general. Oftentimes I have scheduled a rotation through portal to have them not submit my stuff and be left scrambling the week before the rotation, or have a rotation canceled and them not notify me until the last minute. I'd recommend scheduling your rotations with the hospitals/clinics yourselves, and then tell the clin-ed office what your plans are. This is kind of far off for you guys though. Maybe they will have the system stabilized and fixed by the time you're 3rd years.

Aside from that, there is really a lack of structure in the 3rd and 4th years, and this can be construed as being either a negative (no direction/support) or a positive (extreme flexibility). I chose the latter, in that I was able to do my rotations when I wanted, where I wanted, my electives where I wanted, do lots of what I wanted to do, and avoid things I didn't want to do.

All that being said, I'm glad I went to LECOM-B, and can't imagine having gone anywhere else. PBL rocks my socks, and for the most part (with few exceptions) the faculty are great.

:thumbup: Glad you chimed in. Only halfway through 3rd year but I agree with everything above. You really do need to be proactive and handle things yourself. Which basically means calling around to rotation spots, seeing if they have a spot open, and then letting the clinical ed dept know about it..... and then at some later point making sure the doc or hospital got the paperwork from the school.

daveyjwin and nlax30 - Thanks for the insight... It is always valuable to hear from actual students when you are in the process of making the decision to go to a school. I am very excited for the program at LECOM-B! I am looking forward to next year!

daveyjwin and nlax30 - Thanks for the insight... It is always valuable to hear from actual students when you are in the process of making the decision to go to a school. I am very excited for the program at LECOM-B! I am looking forward to next year!

No problem, feel free to ask if/when anything comes up. I know I made good use of and received a ton of valuable info from the class ahead of me so most of us are more than happy to pass along any tips.

All in all you'll have all the resources and the curriculum structured in such a way so that you have what you need to succeed and do well. There have been great matches and great board scores so I think we get a lot of motivated students. I do think we get a lot of great students and you'll make lots of lasting friendships. It's kind of fun to think that down the road I'll be practicing alongside some of my good friends from med school. I'm surprised at how often I'm with a doctor and he, for whatever reason, comes into contact with someone he went to school with or trained with.

My main attraction to LECOM is PBL. I can overlook a lot of the small stuff, but I keep wondering if some of the small stuff is foretelling of larger issues. The food and drink rules, for example, seem to be very nitpicky. It really is a trivial issue, but if it is that trivial why have the rule at all? I wonder if it is a tell for the level of respect that the administration has for its students.

One of the other issues is why does the building have hours of operation? Why would it not be open 24 hours for students with access cards?

It seems as though the school holds the students to a very high level of professionalism and maturity, but yet it has policies that are more reflective of a high school.

When it comes down to it, I can deal with these little issues. And when I'm completing my degree at LECOM I will completely ignore all of this, but since I am not officially a student yet I question the intent behind some of the rules.

Congrats to everyone on their acceptances!!!

My main attraction to LECOM is PBL. I can overlook a lot of the small stuff, but I keep wondering if some of the small stuff is foretelling of larger issues. The food and drink rules, for example, seem to be very nitpicky. It really is a trivial issue, but if it is that trivial why have the rule at all? I wonder if it is a tell for the level of respect that the administration has for its students.

One of the other issues is why does the building have hours of operation? Why would it not be open 24 hours for students with access cards?

It seems as though the school holds the students to a very high level of professionalism and maturity, but yet it has policies that are more reflective of a high school.

When it comes down to it, I can deal with these little issues. And when I'm completing my degree at LECOM I will completely ignore all of this, but since I am not officially a student yet I question the intent behind some of the rules.

Congrats to everyone on their acceptances!!!

If you're at all like me, you'll spend as little time there as possible. I think once anatomy was out, I averaged <20hrs/wk in the actual building. Why study at school where you can't drink water when you can study on your couch and drink beer?

That will be my approach as well. Thanks for the input Davie!

I'm interviewing here soon and have a few questions. Can current students explain the process of finding rotations and how much time it took?

I am really interested in staying with didactic teaching hospitals as much as possible. We you able to find multiple rotations at the same teaching hospital?

My sig other will be at Tufts. Can I find rotations in Boston?

I'm interviewing here soon and have a few questions. Can current students explain the process of finding rotations and how much time it took?

Short/basic version: During 2nd year you are put into groups of about 10 or so and that determines your rotation schedule. We also have a couple spreadsheets/documents with listings of hospitals/physicians that are "affliated" with us (loose term) in that they regularly take our students and for the most part those are what you pick from for your core/required rotations (IM, Peds, Surg, OB/GYN, FP, etc...) Spots are limited to varying degrees so any conflicts get worked out in your individual group so that 6 people from your group don't all want to go to Hospital X for IM. So if you're rotation at a hospital/clinic that is on the "list" then it's a simple matter of just submitting that to the school.

It is possible to do a rotation with pretty much anyone if they agree to take you, but it just involves more work on your part to make sure the necessary paperwork gets to the physician, filled out, and then back to the school.

So far I'm doing all my rotations in the St Pete/Tampa area and have used locations that have taken students before so I haven't had any problems. For one of my electives I did a subspecialty at a local hospital and all that I had to do was make sure they had an opening that particular month and then submitted it to the school.

I am really interested in staying with didactic teaching hospitals as much as possible. We you able to find multiple rotations at the same teaching hospital?

Kinda. As you probably know we don't have a large teaching/academic hospital that's part of the school and thus make use of several local community hospitals in the area for a lot of the core rotations. Some of these do have residency programs but are no means huge academic centers with residency programs in multiple fields.

I also wanted to try to stick with places that had some sort of teaching atmosphere and thus did my IM months at a local hospital that had an IM program, and did my OB/GYN at a place with an OB residency.

More than likely you are not going to be able to do every rotation at a place with a teaching program but I do think a mix of locations can be a good thing.
Ex: I did enjoy doing IM at a place that had IM residents, daily lectures, etc... and on the other end of the spectrum I'm doing my 2nd surgery month with a private surgeon and since I'm the only student with him I am basically 1st assist on each surgery, round with him, and don't have to come in at 5am to round before the residents/interns.

My sig other will be at Tufts. Can I find rotations in Boston?

No idea. I wasn't interested in going up North so I'm not sure if we have any "affliated" spots up in that area, I didn't recall seeing any though. I know we did have a few students who went back to their respective home towns and ended up setting up all their own rotations from scratch so it's certainly possible. I haven't talked to them so I'm not sure how it all worked out.

Hello future classmates!

I just wanted to say hi and hopefully get the thread rolling again...! It's been quiet for a month now... what's everyone been up to? Surely our c/o 2014 ranks have grown (congrats to new acceptees!! [real word?])... where are you guys? Don't be shy...

I shall revive the "where are you coming from" topic and add a few more: When are you planning on getting down to Bradenton to settle in? Do any current students have info on any orientation-type things they have planned...? I know we jump right into it, but surely they give us one or two meet 'n' greet sort of activities, right?

(Apologies if orientation info is sent out after they get the deposit... I haven't quite scraped mine together yet, so I'm still in the dark!)

I'll be moving down to Bradenton from the York area of PA, though for the 8 years prior to November, I lived in Manhattan, so I feel more "from" NYC than any place else. I hope to arrive down there in early July, though that will depend on how the housing/roommate(s?)/jobs (here) situation pans out.

What about the rest of ya'll?? :)

I shall revive the "where are you coming from" topic and add a few more: When are you planning on getting down to Bradenton to settle in? Do any current students have info on any orientation-type things they have planned...? I know we jump right into it, but surely they give us one or two meet 'n' greet sort of activities, right?

There's nothing formal run through the school before school starts, so people in my class just organized a few things themselves starting in July. There were a couple of picnics at local parks, and a beach day or two at Siesta Key. People just made up events and invited everyone on the facebook group.

You start doing some lab activities with your PBL group (of 8) the first week, and there's a lunch with everybody else who has the same advisor as you, so you'll get to know at least those people pretty quickly.

I don't think it's that nitpicky. People are messy, and they want to keep the building nice. That's part of it. Another part of it, I think, is to prepare us for being in the Hospital, where similar rules are in place.

I thought I would have a HUGE problem with this rule, especially when I'm sick, but I really don't. If I am studying at school, it's nice to be "forced" (because you're thirsty) to take a study break and go down the the lounge and get a drink. Nice brain break. I rarely study at school though, and we never have a lecture longer than 50min without a break, in which case you can just run to the water fountain if you're really thirsty.

For 99% of the faculty there is no problem with respect or professionalism. I love most of our faculty. There will always be one or two people who rub you the wrong way, but often that's just because you don't know them well enough...there's a couple docs that I didn't like early on (or don't like in OMM lab) but really enjoyed having in PBL during 2nd year.

For those that don't know, you get a PhD for PBL first year, and an MD/DO for PBL 2nd year (mostly...this rule bends occasionally).

I'm not sure of the real reason, but I think it's to encourage us to get some sleep. We often have early classes, and setting a "closing time" forces people to close up shop and go to bed.

Honestly, there's nothing there. It's just a place to have class meetings really...I have no idea who in their right mind would WANT to be there are 1 or 2 am. Unless they're really drunk...which may be why they have the rule...lol.

I know it can seem like that, and many people perceive it as such. Honestly, sometimes it feels like high school. You'll have a lot of immature classmates. Guess why they take attendance (not always, but intermittently...pretty regularly for OMM lab)? Because the students don't show up. They tried to not take attendance with my class, but too many people were skipping, so guess what...attendance. Mostly the policies exist because WE behave like high schoolers.

Myself, I don't look at it like high school. I look at it like a Hospital. You can't eat or drink wherever you want in a hospital. There are designated areas. It's a little more free maybe than LECOM, but it's still restrictive. You have to buzz in and out at a hospital. You have to dress professionally. You'll have security guards who tell you that you can't leave your car parked there overnight (people complain about this too!). You'll have security cameras watching you (we do too...it's awesome...no one can steal your stuff). So, for me, it's preparation for next year (and the rest of our lives...)

There's nothing formal run through the school before school starts, so people in my class just organized a few things themselves starting in July. There were a couple of picnics at local parks, and a beach day or two at Siesta Key. People just made up events and invited everyone on the facebook group.

You start doing some lab activities with your PBL group (of 8) the first week, and there's a lunch with everybody else who has the same advisor as you, so you'll get to know at least those people pretty quickly.

Cool, thanks for the info, Altruist. Am keeping my fingers crossed that an early-July arrival will be possible...

Well said, Digitl, thanks for sharing your views. That type of professional, hospital-esque environment is part of what I personally found *appealing* about LECOM (for all that I'll probably also bemoan it, occasionally).

I don't think it's disputable that dressing in a specific manner makes you behave (and to some extent, think) differently in subtle ways (note how differently people conduct themselves in sweats v. formal wear v. clubbing-getup). This influence is only enhanced in a large group. I suspect a change will be fairly noticeable on OMM-Thursdays, when we all get to dress down... And yes, of course people can act like adolescent monkeys in slacks and ties (I'm thinking of certain office-mates right now, in fact), but the overall group-dynamic is palpably professional when business casual is the norm.

And as for all the rules being "a tell for the level of respect that the administration has for its students" (mike1618)... I think it certainly IS a tell, but of the expectation the administration has of mutual respect between itself and the students. After all, they have to abide by the same rules, don't they? In a way the rules are *more* burdensome to them, since they have to be there full-time (quite unlike ourselves, especially after those anatomy-blitzkrieg-weeks [yay PBL!]). It seems natural that they have a system in place to keep their working environment (and our learning environment) nice. Why should we be exempt? We breeze through, a handful of hours a week, for 2 years, while they are there year after year, full-time(presumably)... I see it much more as indicative of a shared respect for one another, the lovely facilities, their professions AND the one for which we are training, than as them lording their authority over us. And as Digital and others have said, it's a taste of how things will be for the rest of our working lives, so might as well get used to it (and start building up our wardrobes) now, right? My $0.02.

Just curious - has anyone faced any problems for having a visible, non-offensive tattoo? I'm talking about a tattoo that could typically be covered up by dressing professionally but be visible in situations such as OMM lab. (Ex: a leg tattoo that's visible when wearing basketball shorts)

Just curious - has anyone faced any problems for having a visible, non-offensive tattoo? I'm talking about a tattoo that could typically be covered up by dressing professionally but be visible in situations such as OMM lab. (Ex: a leg tattoo that's visible when wearing basketball shorts)

Shouldn't be a problem.

Another note about the dress code: Dressing nice also helps with the school's image. When we have guest lecturers come to visit, being (usually) in dress code makes us seem like the professional students that we are. I know that if I'm ever lecturing, i don't want it to be to a bunch of kids in PJ's.

Congrats, folks!

Got a question for recently accepted students. Besides a LOR from DO, does LECOM-B also require another LOR from a science professor?

Thanks. I'm almost ready to apply. Just need to finish a couple of courses and MCAT.

Thanks in advance.

As Digitl said, no biggie (I'm counting on the same, in fact). If you're curious for lots of views on this, there's a whole tattoo thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=690232 Come visit! :)

Another note about the dress code: Dressing nice also helps with the school's image. When we have guest lecturers come to visit, being (usually) in dress code makes us seem like the professional students that we are. I know that if I'm ever lecturing, i don't want it to be to a bunch of kids in PJ's.

:thumbup:

Congrats, folks!

Got a question for recently accepted students. Besides a LOR from DO, does LECOM-B also require another LOR from a science professor?

Thanks. I'm almost ready to apply. Just need to finish a couple of courses and MCAT.

Thanks in advance.

This is directly copied from LECOM-B's pages in the online CIB (http://www.aacom.org/resources/Pages/2010cib.aspx):

Supplemental Application Requirements
[...] Letters of recommendation from a premedical or prehealth committee, or two letters from science professors. Letter of recommendation from a non-related osteopathic physician.

Good luck!

Last edited:
DigitlNoize,

I like how you are able to spin everything into a positive. Thanks for that! You are going to do great in medical school.

DigitlNoize,

I like how you are able to spin everything into a positive. Thanks for that! You are going to do great in medical school.

Ha! Tell that to my grades...which are fine, thank you very much. I do well, but I'm certainly not a superstar...oh well.

I should inform you all that don't know that I'm a 2nd year (Class of 2012). I usually answer questions because I subscribe to the LECOM-B threads and it emails me when there's a reply...

Anyways, boards are coming quick, so I may be scarce. Someone else may have to pick up my slack *cough...first years...cough*.

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked already, but can we submit a Certiphi check (the one required by MD schools - applicant screening)? Thanks.

congrats everyone on your new journey! i am a 4th yr here and it's been a great experience. I know everyone sat in on PBL during their interviews. richie (mostly) and I posted some PBL info on
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=410585 .you may/maynot know this stuff already. feel free to ask questions on here or PM. enjoy your time off and good luck!

Don't worry about it. We're working on thoracic spine in OMM now, which means a fair bit of shirtlessness during lab. Lots of people here have tattoos that are visible during OMM, and I've never seen anybody given a hard time about them. So long as you're not sporting a Mike Tyson-like Maori facial tattoo, you're good.

Anyways, boards are coming quick, so I may be scarce. Someone else may have to pick up my slack *cough...first years...cough*.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I'm doing my best. There are enough 1st years on SDN that I think we have it covered. I just have to remember to check this thread more than once a month! :oops:

salora: just run Parallel on your Mac. Then it's a PC

Hey everybody, I just send in my deposit today so it looks like I will be joining LECOM next July! I graduated from the College of Charleston last May and will be moving down to Florida from South Carolina probably in July. Look forward to meeting everybody

Does anyone know if a physical performed by the ARNP at my local CVS is acceptable or it if actually needs to be performed by a physician? My doc wants like $100 but CVS will do it for 30. Thanks!

Does anyone know if a physical performed by the ARNP at my local CVS is acceptable or it if actually needs to be performed by a physician? My doc wants like $100 but CVS will do it for 30. Thanks!

Are you seriously consider going to CVS for something important like physical exam, vaccination, etc for medical school? These documents have to be sign by doc.. period, it's not only physical exam but also legal document which you need for your clinical exposure, all the hospitals you will go to will need those documents signed by doc.

Since you will become a doctor in the future you should go to doctor the difference is 4 years of med school, 3-4 years of residency, tons of experience and practice in field. Once you are in the doc office observe how he/she run the place, talk to nurses, get some experience, who knows maybe you could rotate with that doc in the future, work for him etc.
I also paid $100 for first visit some shots, $ 600 for tests and did not look back, 2nd visit I got it for free privilage of entering the field, got some contact, interaction, experience from doc and nurses.

Are you serious? I assume SSkels has been to the doctor before, probably even shadowed several of them if he/she has been accepted into medical school...

If you want to pay $700 for a physical so you can pal around with a few people who work in health care go ahead. But my advice to you would be to call LECOM, because if you are on a budget and the walk-in clinic can get everything done that is required, then do that if it's allowed. But the most important thing is don't listen to some random person who has absolutely no clue what LECOM's policy is about this issue.

If you want to pay $700 for a physical so you can pal around with a few people who work in health care go ahead.

If you don't have insurance $600 is a low, discounted price to pay for lab tests, x-rays, etc. I did not mentioned $ 700 physical. You can't get that in CVS. The forms specifically ask for doctor sig., if you do lab tests, which you have to, the lab have to send them somewhere preferably to doc. office. It's just my opinion, everyone have its own, but since you know better....

If you don't have insurance $600 is a low, discounted price to pay for lab tests, x-rays, etc. I did not mentioned $ 700 physical. You can't get that in CVS. The forms specifically ask for doctor sig., if you do lab tests, which you have to, the lab have to send them somewhere preferably to doc. office. It's just my opinion, everyone have its own, but since you know better....

If you're still an undergrad student you could try your Student Health. That's where most people get this stuff done. If not, then I don't know.

I do know that I had my TB test (PPD) signed by a PA and that was ok. I think that it's ok, as long as they have a license. Call the school and ask.