LECOM-Br Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think I'm going down there during the beginning of May to find a place for this year. For those who have found places where are you staying? any Recommendations?:)

Members don't see this ad.

Looking for a female apartment-mate from LECOM.

$557/person/mt not including utilities. (water/electric)

I have a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment at The Yacht Club. It is located (7.1 miles)~13 minutes away from LECOM and right next to I-75 and Super Walmart. They are brand new apartments since Sept/2006, no one has lived in the one I rented. Move-in date for my apartment would be July-time frame.

It has two master bedrooms, both with large walk-in closets and a regular closet in each room. Both bathrooms are spacious. There is a great lake view, huge balcony with a storage closet, large kitchen with flat-top stove, self-cleaning oven, microwave, fridge, garbage disposal, dish washer. The living room is also very spacious with a vaulted ceiling. An added bonus that many other apartments don't have or even have connections for is the included full-sized washer/dryer(pics included in album).

Pest control comes by every Wednesday and as-needed basis. Valet trash collection right outside each apartment M-F (trash is put in these cute benches -pics included in album). Lighted tennis court, picnic and BBQ areas, car care/wash center/air pump, community center, cyber cafe, beautiful pool with wi-fi access, etc...

Police officer does rounds during the evenings, gated community.

I took many pictures of the specific apartment that I am moving into with the lake view of all the rooms and the community area.

Apartment Pix Link
http://picasaweb.google.com/05pixpix

Please contact me if you are interested : Tiffany Vu [email protected]
I am an incoming LECOM medical student, 22 years old, active, studious, clean, with no pets.

Email me for the floorplan, etc.

for the 2nd years out there...how much do utilities usually cost? How much is water and electricity on average? And in the summer?

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats everyone on getting into bradenton! I know there's always the worry of the transition of moving, new school, new career...etc. but don't worry, everyone's pretty friendly and there are lots of us "soon to be 2nd yrs" here to help you out so just ask!

as for utilities/rent. there are multiple condos/houses near school that are reasonable (esp if you're use to paying a mortgage in CA like i am) and in a great neighborhood 1-5 miles from school. I live in lakewood ranch, rent for a 2bd/1bath condo w/garage is 1000-1200 depending on size, (I just found out there are houses down the street from mine, 3bd/2bath for 950!!!) power is near $70-100/mo, water/cable is free. that's it for bills.

have fun for the rest of the summer while you have it, see the world, take a trip. you only get 1 more summer off after you start. brush up on basic sciences right before starting. it'll really help, the stuff can pile on fast, esp your 1st semester!! see you in Aug. congrats again

feel free to email
[email protected]

Well it's official..... got my acceptance letter in the mail today and will be sending out my deposit $$$ check tomorrow! I had already known about the acceptance beforehand, but was waiting to be able to open up the actual letter. : )

Definitely looking forward to August, will be a crazy summer finding a place down there for the wife and I.

How did you know about your acceptance beforehand? Did they call you or e-mail you? Were you waitlisted originally or did you just interview late?

I just wanted to take a moment and let everyone in this thread know about the LECOM SGA website @ http://lecomsgabradenton.com/ and particularly the forums on the site. The more people we get involved with the site, the better it will be for information about Housing, Books, Social Events, etc.

I just wanted to take a moment and let everyone in this thread know about the LECOM SGA website @ http://lecomsgabradenton.com/ and particularly the forums on the site. The more people we get involved with the site, the better it will be for information about Housing, Books, Social Events, etc.

To follow this up, I encourage all current and future students to take part in an informal poll running on the site right now - "Should Integrative Medicine (ie. Complementary and Alternative Medicine) be incoporated into PBL?"?

Right, now this question is theoretical, just to get a sense of where people stand, but, while I am not at liberty to go into specifics, at some point in the future, it may have a very real impact on your curriculum. Make your opinion known!

Anyone living in or been to look at Carlton Arms Apartments? Their prices are great for studios and one bedrooms, but I want to make sure the place is decent. I don't know if I'll get out there to check it out for at least a couple of weeks.

Everyone excited to get started? I am! Other than the insanely strict dress code, of course :rolleyes:

I just wanted to poke my head in and say Welcome to the class of 2011. I wish you all well on your journey ahead. Enjoy your time at LECOM-Bradenton. Hopefully I will see you around.

Hey everyone,
I am an incoming pharmacy student and am currently looking for roomates. A current LECOM student is renting out his 3 BR/2 1/2 BA house. I am planning on renting one of the smaller rooms, so am looking for 1 person to rent out the master bed and 1 person to rent out the other smaller room.

Here are the details:

Fully furnished Master bedroom = $650 plus 1/3 utilities (free cable and lawn services). Fully furnished with a full size bed, a study table, a huge book shelf, TV, DVD, walk-in closet, luxury bathroom, and a very nice lake view.

2 Partially furnished Small bedrooms = $550 plus 1/3 utilities (free cable and lawn services). Partially furnished with a study table and light, fan, and a closet.

House: 3 bedrooms, 2 ½ bathrooms, about 1900 sqft, 1 ½ year old, fully furnished with a complete set of living room with entertainment center, sofa, couch, study table, exercise equipment, dinning table with 4 leather chairs, a complete set of kitchen cookware and dishes, washer and dryer. The floor is tiled and easy to clean.

If you rent the “Almost Furnished House” rent: $1650/month with free cable and lawn service.

Location: Heritage Harbour Community about 3 miles or 7 minutes from LECOM (Save gas and time), 2 miles from Wal-mart superstore, 2 Publix supermarkets, restaurants, about 7 minutes to Ellenton outlet mall.

Community offer: Stoney Brook golf course with club house, central park with soccer field, baseball field, a huge fishing pond with running trail.

FYI I am a clean, responsible, outgoing male, and am serious about school. Email me at [email protected], or the owner at [email protected] if you are interested and/or want to see some pictures of the place.

i got a call from ms. shively today saying that they're mailing the tentative admission packet and that i would get a phone call sometime next week confirming whether i got an acceptance. i'm hoping for the best! so if/when i get confirmation, i'd love to talk about housing.

hopefully i'll be joining this thread within the next few days!!

i can officially join you guys!!:D and now begins the process of finding a roomie/housing. have most of you guys been using the school's forum to figure that out?

I was just accepted to LECOM last week and I am so excited!! I just put down a deposit on a 2/2 in the Yacht Club apartments and I need a roommate so if anyone is interested please let me know...my email is [email protected]

Rose

Just got my acceptance letter today. See you all soon!

Hey all you LECOM-B peoples!

First CONGRATS on getting accepted!

Second, I have started a google group with information, updates, and advice from older LECOM-B'ers. Check it out when you get a chance!

http://groups.google.com/group/2011lecomb?hl=en

There are also two facebook groups:
LECOM-B group and a LECOM-B c/o 2011 group that are also helpful

GOOD LUCK!

ps. keep your calenders open... we're planning some days of fun before classes start!

cya in a few weeks!​

bump

If anyone still needs a roommate, please check here.