Laptop at G-town?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imrep1972

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may have been answered before... I apologize, I couldn't find a thread that did anywhere...

For current SMP'ers, do you think it is beneficial to have a laptop during the program, or for med school afterward?

I have a desktop now that is more than adequate for my needs. If I were to get a laptop it would truly only so I could access files and the net while away from home.

If it is beneficial to get one, could you recommend specs that would be useful? (speed, memory, hard drive, monitor size, features, etc)

Thanks in advance for all answers!!!

Members don't see this ad.

imrep1972 said:
This may have been answered before... I apologize, I couldn't find a thread that did anywhere...

For current SMP'ers, do you think it is beneficial to have a laptop during the program, or for med school afterward?

I have a desktop now that is more than adequate for my needs. If I were to get a laptop it would truly only so I could access files and the net while away from home.

If it is beneficial to get one, could you recommend specs that would be useful? (speed, memory, hard drive, monitor size, features, etc)

Thanks in advance for all answers!!!

A desktop is fine.

I mostly used my laptop for checking the internet while watching tv in bed. So if anything, it only caused me trouble, cuz I was lazy as hell. Everyone seems to have a laptop tho, so if you're secure w/your desktop, and are ok being left out of the mini-computer craze, you're golden.