DrJD's blog about the G-town SMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrJD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, DrJD here. So a couple days ago I was cleaning house and archived and deleted my old blog about the SMP. I guess I assumed that nobody read it anymore. Like a day later I got a visitor message about it being gone!

So my question is, are you guys that are new to this forum still using it as a resource to learn more about the SMP? Would it be helpful if I uploaded a PDF of blog in its entirety? Let me know, if people still want to read it I will definitely make it available.

Hope your summers are going well and that those of you about to start a SMP are excited because life is about to get amazing!

Members don't see this ad.

I too would be interested in seeing the blog, having not had the chance to read it before. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I have the file ready but it comes to 1.5 megabytes and the forum limit is 850kb or so. Is there a mod who would like to upload the file to the FAQ thread or something like that?

Just to confirm that people are still reading this-- I am going to be starting the U Cinci SMP and have been re-reading your posts to try to brush up on how I might survive SMP. I think I speak for many in saying that your blog has been a fairly thorough guide on working through SMP and concurrent medical school applications successfully. Please upload this file if possible. In the meantime, would you be willing to email me the blog file? Thanks for the help.

Please re-post! This sounds like a very valuable resource.

DrJD, your blog was a very useful source of advice and information about SMP's in general, and how to do well in them. I would also like to see it back online!

DrJD - we dont get mods around here very often. We tend to police ourselves. Might need to PM one.

Alright everyone, I went ahead and put some work into this tonight and created a PDF book of sorts. It turned out to be longer than I thought coming it around 33 pages. I left all of the dates in so that it would make sense to people who are reading it for the first time. Rather than remove the posts that seem a little pointless, I went ahead and left them in so that it would give an accurate representation of my experience at Georgetown and with the SMP.

I hope this continues to help people for as long as it remains relevant! It has been unbelievable how great the response has been to my blog over the last couple years. So thank you to all of you for making it such an enjoyable experience!

Without further ado, here is the PDF!

Attachments

• To the Georgetown SMP and beyond....pdf
    277.9 KB · Views: 715
Thanks so much! Best wishes to you and everyone on the road to success!