UNC-G postbac premed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

startithere

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking seriously at UNC-G's post bac premed program - mainly for its location, reasonable cost (in-state), and one-year timeline.
I have an undergrad 3.5 from a top ten liberal arts college and a 3.9 undergrad in science/math (I took no premed prereqs, so i need everything), so I could apply to some of the more well-known programs and hopefully be a competitive applicant.
I was hoping to hear about someone's experience in the program and applying to med school coming from UNCG, as there isn't a lot about the program in this forum.
Did you feel you were well prepared for the MCAT? Was the teaching community supportive in organizing your application or is it more of a 'fend for yourself' community? Do you regret not going to one of the more well-known programs?

Thank you so much! Any insight would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I can't be of much help yet, I am starting the program at UNCG in a couple of weeks.
I graduated in '06 with a degree in International Relations and French (from University of the Pacific in CA), so I had no science or math. This program seemed like the best value and the program's advisor has been great. I am registered for all the classes I needed this semester.
I'll update as the semester moves along, but I would also be interested in the experiences of other students who have completed the program.

Michele

Thanks for the response Michele! I look forward to hearing how it goes for you, good luck with your classes!