Lake Erie - Seton Hill (LECOM-Seton Hill) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got a portal change... i'm terrified

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
But good luck everyone!! So on average people receive a letter in a week or two after the portal change huh

Reactions: 1 user
But good luck everyone!! So on average people receive a letter in a week or two after the portal change huh
I think they send the letter out the day they change the portal, if not the day before. We should know this week.

Anyone else feel like they should have a couple beers handy when they read the letter? LOL

interviewed 3/1 and just noticed a portal change. good luck to everyone else waiting for the letter!

Last edited:
Has anyone with a recent portal change received their letter yet?

Nope not yet...My parents have even started frantically checking the mail every day LOL
HA! same with mine!! I feel like such a basketcase this week because this impending letter is constantly on my mind

Surprise surprise! My letter has arrived and I got waitlisted.... Hope everyone else gets better news!

Members don't see this ad :)
Placed on alternate list! any idea if what our chances of moving off the waitlist is? lol

Placed on alternate list! any idea if what our chances of moving off the waitlist is? lol
Should be pretty high. There's a lot of movement this cycle. If not, I believe there are a dozen or so new schools opening their doors for the upcoming cycle, so rest easy.

Thank you for the hope!! Haha it's my only shot this cycle, and I really liked the people and the style of teaching at the interview so it would be insanely awesome if I got in. I appreciate the reply!

can any current students offer any input for where people typically live? are there apartment complexes in the surrounding areas

People live in various places. Most are within the immediate downtown and surrounding area within a mile to campus. Going a little further, some people live by the shopping centers east and west of the school, or even further to 22 and towards Pittsburgh. Unless you have family, I'd suggest living in Greensburg. You get spoiled with a five minute commute to anything. Downtown and north are nicer. Area south and by the hospital are a little sketch.

Do any current students, particularly first or second years, know what's going on with clinical rotations? Are there big changes coming? From what I gather there is a lot of frustration by the students...

is everyone pretty much getting waitlisted now? I interviewed on 3/1 and have heard NOTHING! portal still says you have been selected for an interview... I called them a few weeks ago and they couldn't tell me anything. ughghgh

is everyone pretty much getting waitlisted now? I interviewed on 3/1 and have heard NOTHING! portal still says you have been selected for an interview... I called them a few weeks ago and they couldn't tell me anything. ughghgh
I interviewed on 3/6 and I'm on the same boat as you!

I interviewed on 1/12 and didn't get notified I was on the waitlist until mid march. Unfortunately my portal is completely messed up and doesn't show any status even though I have an email confirmation saying I'm on the waitlist. Anyone else have the same problem?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I interviewed on 1/12 and didn't get notified I was on the waitlist until mid march. Unfortunately my portal is completely messed up and doesn't show any status even though I have an email confirmation saying I'm on the waitlist. Anyone else have the same problem?

My status got messed up after I was invited for an interview, it always told me the status was unavailable. I was able to contact them and it was fixed. It doesn't seem to affect anything on their end, but if it is bothering you, you might want to try contacting them. I was worried I'd miss an important update because my mail gets lost frequently.

My status got messed up after I was invited for an interview, it always told me the status was unavailable. I was able to contact them and it was fixed. It doesn't seem to affect anything on their end, but if it is bothering you, you might want to try contacting them. I was worried I'd miss an important update because my mail gets lost frequently.

Can you tell me who you contacted to get it fixed? I've sent multiple emails letting the LECOM staff know I was having this problem but no one has contacted me back or fixed it! If you could give me a name or number that would be really appreciated!! Feel free to DM me!

I interviewed on March 6th and I just logged into the portal a few moments ago. The status is now totally blank. What does this mean? D:

I interviewed on March 6th and I just logged into the portal a few moments ago. The status is now totally blank. What does this mean? D:
It means that they lost your application. You'll probably need to retake the MCAT and resubmit the AACOMAS as a new applicant. Or it means their glitchy system glitched out. I'd start studying again just in case.

Reactions: 1 users
Someone else had this problem too. It probably doesn't mean anything but you can try emailing admissions.. You'll get a letter in the mail with their decision if you haven't heard back from them yet

Normally I try to strongly communicate my standard "portal messages mean nothing" message, and I think that's still the case here. However, since your message is completely missing, a polite "hey just checking in to make sure you have all the documents you need" email wouldn't be out of place.

Hi! Yes this happened to me right after I a decision was made after my interview. After I saw this I got a letter in the mail saying I was on the waitlist/alternate list. After I sent the letter back saying I accepted my spot on the waitlist/alternate list, the status never got updated. I had to email support and within 1-2 days, they corrected my portal message and was showing the accurate status. If you need more info feel free to DM me! :)

I'm probably going to get one of those "already been answered" comments that I've seen but have never had directed at me yet.... Is the alternate list the same as the waitlist or no? Another school I applied to put my on the deferred list which is for a full class with a promise for following year /priority for current year above those on waitlist.

Interviewed late march and just got the alternate list notification.

I'm probably going to get one of those "already been answered" comments that I've seen but have never had directed at me yet.... Is the alternate list the same as the waitlist or no?

Alt list=waitlist. LECOM doesn't have a priority list to my knowledge.

Question, if you are currently on the alternate/wait list, if a decision is made will there be a portal update before the letter is received? Or does the letter come before the portal status is updated?

Thanks!

Question, if you are currently on the alternate/wait list, if a decision is made will there be a portal update before the letter is received? Or does the letter come before the portal status is updated?

Thanks!

According to the person I spoke to at LECOM, there will be a portal change. I haven't heard if this is true from anyone who got pulled from the alternate list, however.

According to the person I spoke to at LECOM, there will be a portal change. I haven't heard if this is true from anyone who got pulled from the alternate list, however.

Ahh ok thank you!

I didn't get a portal update first. I woke up to an email in the morning asking if I was still interested in a spot. That came first, then my portal updated a bit later with a letter in the mail following.

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't get a portal update first. I woke up to an email in the morning asking if I was still interested in a spot. That came first, then my portal updated a bit later with a letter in the mail following.
Congrats ! Was this today ?

Did anyone receive an email asking for a confirmation of continued interest in attending LECOM-SH in the fall as well as if you would accept a spot if giving one? I have already submitted a LOI as well as 2 emails giving updates of what I've been doing since I applied, as well as an email giving them my final grades for undergrad.

I got an email this morning asking me to confirm by next Tuesday May 23rd. I know the admissions committee meets every Wednesday to evaluate more potential acceptances they want to send out!

Anyone with some info would be much appreciated! Currently on the Waitlist (based off snail mail) and on the alternate list (based on portal) for Seton Hill!

Did anyone receive an email asking for a confirmation of continued interest in attending LECOM-SH in the fall as well as if you would accept a spot if giving one? I have already submitted a LOI as well as 2 emails giving updates of what I've been doing since I applied, as well as an email giving them my final grades for undergrad.

I got an email this morning asking me to confirm by next Tuesday May 23rd. I know the admissions committee meets every Wednesday to evaluate more potential acceptances they want to send out!

Anyone with some info would be much appreciated! Currently on the Waitlist (based off snail mail) and on the alternate list (based on portal) for Seton Hill!

Same boat here. Haven't heard anything besides my Alternate List confirmation. Can I ask who you sent your LOI to?

Same boat here. Haven't heard anything besides my Alternate List confirmation. Can I ask who you sent your LOI to?

I sent it to Sarah Taylor (SH Student Affairs) and Amy Rowe (Erie Admissions Committe).

Hey everyone, go check your Admissions Status in the LECOM Portal. I interviewed on 5/8 and the admissions status has been updated to "You have been placed on LECOM at Seton Hill's Alternate List." I haven't seen anything about a letter being mailed out so maybe this is their way of notifying us?

Hey everyone, go check your Admissions Status in the LECOM Portal. I interviewed on 5/8 and the admissions status has been updated to "You have been placed on LECOM at Seton Hill's Alternate List." I haven't seen anything about a letter being mailed out so maybe this is their way of notifying us?

You may still get a letter. The rest of us on the Alternate List got a letter confirming our desire to be on the List, versus leaving the applicant pool. Being that they recently sent out emails to Alternates reconfirming our interest, I would not be surprised if they reached out by email instead. Judging by previous years' timelines, I would assume acceptance letters will be sent out as early as next week. It is also possible that at this point, the next thing late-interviewees hear will be an acceptance/rejection letter.

Has anyone herd back anything since the emails for confirmation of continued interest?