Lake Erie - Seton Hill (LECOM-Seton Hill) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys I canceled my interview at this school. if anyone is still waiting for an interview invite, I hope you take mine!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I canceled my interview at this school. if anyone is still waiting for an interview invite, I hope you take mine!

I'll take your interview! I've been waiting a really long time though, so I don't think they want me haha

Reactions: 1 user
I'll take your interview! I've been waiting a really long time though, so I don't think they want me haha
I hope you do!! It was in late march so they're still interviewing pretty far out. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I'm interviewing at SH on 3/6 but I fly into Pittsburgh on 3/5 at noon and will have a rental car with me too. Do you think I should drive up to Erie and check out the campus so I could have a better idea when ranking between SH and Eire PBL?

Hey everyone, I'm interviewing at SH on 3/6 but I fly into Pittsburgh on 3/5 at noon and will have a rental car with me too. Do you think I should drive up to Erie and check out the campus so I could have a better idea when ranking between SH and Eire PBL?

That's a tough one... You'll be able to make it up to Erie in a little over 2 hours from Pittsburgh Airport. Which means you'll have about that same drive time to backtrack to Pittsburgh. Assuming you'll only be at Erie for an hour or so, that'll put you back around Pittsburgh during rush hour. You can expect to fight through Pittsburgh rush hour traffic and get to Greensburg in about another hour. That's kind of a haul if you're trying to compare campuses, though. Then again, you will be potentially spending the next few years of your life in either place so... I dunno what I'd do. It might also be a good idea to check out the surrounding areas of Greensburg so you get a feel for the rural setting. It might be worth bringing up those types of concerns during your interview and maybe someone can give you a little insight on the towns. Then you can compare what type of setting suits you best. Hope this helps and good luck!!! :)

That's a tough one... You'll be able to make it up to Erie in a little over 2 hours from Pittsburgh Airport. Which means you'll have about that same drive time to backtrack to Pittsburgh. Assuming you'll only be at Erie for an hour or so, that'll put you back around Pittsburgh during rush hour. You can expect to fight through Pittsburgh rush hour traffic and get to Greensburg in about another hour. That's kind of a haul if you're trying to compare campuses, though. Then again, you will be potentially spending the next few years of your life in either place so... I dunno what I'd do. It might also be a good idea to check out the surrounding areas of Greensburg so you get a feel for the rural setting. It might be worth bringing up those types of concerns during your interview and maybe someone can give you a little insight on the towns. Then you can compare what type of setting suits you best. Hope this helps and good luck!!! :)

Thank you for your advice! I was on the fence and maybe bringing up this question might be better for interview day!

I don't think campus amenities (or lack thereof) are really going to make or break your experience, so I wouldn't go through all that hassle just for that.

If you have a spouse/kids that are also relocating with you, it might be worth it to let them get a feel of both towns (or you can see them both on their behalf) because it'll probably matter more to them than it would to you. I wouldn't try to squeeze it into the afternoon after the interview, though-- getting to Erie from Greensburg is quite a drive, and you'd have to make it back to the Pittsburgh airport in time to return your car and get to your flight, so I don't think you'd see much in what little time you'd get in Erie, anyway. Pittsburgh rush hour is no joke, so add extra time to the drive for that.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions regarding interview prep for this school? It's my only interview this cycle and I'm excited but nervous lol

Anyone have any advice or suggestions regarding interview prep for this school? It's my only interview this cycle and I'm excited but nervous lol
I'll pm you

review my post for an overview of what to expect on interview day.

I just cancelled an interview on 3/6 via email. Anyone who wants the slot, keep your eyes peeled for the next few days to see if they open it up for grabs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if this school does a second look?

Hi guys!

I interviewed on 1/12 and I just went to check my admissions status on the portal. Where it used to say "Congrats, you have been chosen for an admission's interview" for Seton Hill, there is no longer anything showing up. Its blank now. Is this a good or bad thing?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if this school does a second look?

No.

Hi guys!

I interviewed on 1/12 and I just went to check my admissions status on the portal. Where it used to say "Congrats, you have been chosen for an admission's interview" for Seton Hill, there is no longer anything showing up. Its blank now. Is this a good or bad thing?

Thanks!

Neither, just means you went to your interview. Portal messages really don't mean anything.

No.

Neither, just means you went to your interview. Portal messages really don't mean anything.
Hi ortnakas,

I have an interview in the next week. Was wondering if you might be able to share any of the questions they might ask?

I sent my deposit 3 weeks ago and the portal says it was received but I have not received my matriculation packet... does anyone know how long that takes??

I sent my deposit 3 weeks ago and the portal says it was received but I have not received my matriculation packet... does anyone know how long that takes??

I sent mine on a Thursday and they sent it by email on the following Tuesday (Monday was a holiday). I also received the return receipt with the receiver's signature.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I sent mine on a Thursday and they sent it by email on the following Tuesday (Monday was a holiday). I also received the return receipt with the receiver's signature.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you so much! I've just emailed them to ask. I want to ensure I'm not missing any deadlines with immunizations and such.

Is anybody here an "alternate" for Seton Hill? I'm just wondering what the chances are of being pulled off the alternate list and being accepted. And if anybody has ever been in this situation before and has advice, please share! Thank you!

Is anybody here an "alternate" for Seton Hill? I'm just wondering what the chances are of being pulled off the alternate list and being accepted. And if anybody has ever been in this situation before and has advice, please share! Thank you!
I am on the alternate list. Not sure about our chances. I sent a LOI in January but not sure if sending another one is appropriate or not. Don't want to be pushy

Anyone heard from this school recently? I interviewed on 2/17 and am starting to get antsy

I'm an alternate since my August interview!

I am on the alternate list. Not sure about our chances. I sent a LOI in January but not sure if sending another one is appropriate or not. Don't want to be pushy
Thanks for your response.. where did you send your LOI? To Amy?

Thanks for your response.. where did you send your LOI? To Amy?
I sent it like 2 days after I got my letter about waitlist and to The admissions email. I had someone verify they go it too.

I sent it like 2 days after I got my letter about waitlist and to The admissions email. I had someone verify they go it too.
Have they told you when they would start accepting people from the waitlist? Have you secured any other acceptances since August?

Who did you address your letter to? i'm confused on who the dean of admission is at Seton-Hill.

Who did you address your letter to? i'm confused on who the dean of admission is at Seton-Hill.
I was told to address it to the admissions committee and send it to the admissions email for erie

Have they told you when they would start accepting people from the waitlist? Have you secured any other acceptances since August?
No they haven't but from last years thread it was may 31st when people said they started getting pulled. And yes I have.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone from the March interviews at Seton Hill heard anything or had a portal change yet?

Has anyone from the March interviews at Seton Hill heard anything or had a portal change yet?
Nope! I interviewed March 6....I'm hoping they'll let us know in April but I think that might be wishful thinking lol

Does anyone know how long they usually take after the interview to send out the letters?

Does anyone know how long they usually take after the interview to send out the letters?
This really depends. I interviewed in January and waited about 8 weeks for a letter. But other people wait months, or less. There doesn't seem to be consistency haha

Anyone heard from this school recently? I interviewed on 2/17 and am starting to get antsy

I also interviewed on 2/17. I just noticed that admissions portal status changed to " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

I interviewed on 3/16 and had a portal change on 3/22, haven't gotten a letter yet though.

wow that's fast. how do you feel your interview went if you don't mind me asking?
I thought it went well, group atmosphere was very relaxed compared the other interviews I've done. Hard to know what they are looking for though.

Received my letter yesterday, interviewed on 2/17. Alternate list

Hey everyone, I have an interview here on 5/8 which is pretty late in the game. There are no earlier dates than that, so I was wondering if I should interview at Erie for an earlier date (either 4/21 or 4/28 are currently available). I just wanted to view the PBL sesh before making my decision, so I'm not sure if it's worth seeing it or if I should reschedule for earlier. And I'm not sure why they're putting so many people on the alternate list... I spoke with Betsy today and she told me that the SH class is not full yet, so the interview would be for an open seat in the class.

Hey everyone, I have an interview here on 5/8 which is pretty late in the game. There are no earlier dates than that, so I was wondering if I should interview at Erie for an earlier date (either 4/21 or 4/28 are currently available). I just wanted to view the PBL sesh before making my decision, so I'm not sure if it's worth seeing it or if I should reschedule for earlier. And I'm not sure why they're putting so many people on the alternate list... I spoke with Betsy today and she told me that the SH class is not full yet, so the interview would be for an open seat in the class.

I think it's generally true that the earlier you can interview, the better chance you might have in terms of nabbing a seat. That being said, I'd probably try to interview at Erie. Remember, an interview at Erie counts for both Erie & Seton Hill (and vice-versa). When the interview is wrapping up, you're able to rank your preferences for pathways/campuses (Seton Hill-PBL, Erie-PBL, Erie-LDP, etc.) Hope it helps and good luck!!