Lake Erie - Seton Hill (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to all on the waitlist! Can someone tell me when the first day of orientation is?
I believe we have registration July 24 and July 27-31 is orientation week

Members don't see this ad.

Hihi, I'm new to SDN. Just joined this summer. Never posted before 'til now. Though I've been following this thread for a little while since I've applied to Seton Hill myself. Here's my story and some words of encouragement:

My resume: very low GPA, high MCAT, heavy research background during college, heavy clinical experience out of college. I graduated college in May 2013. This is my first time applying to med schools.

My application timeline at LECOM:
March: Interviewed at Seton Hill (I put Seton Hill PBL as my top choice)
April: put on alternate list
May: dead silence
Late June: got a call saying that I am among the top candidates on alternate list. Was sent a matriculation packet via email.
Today: got THE call just this morning for joining Seton Hill Class of 2019.

Yes, I will be attending Seton Hill. Yes, that does mean there will be one less spot of however many remaining. But no, the last thing you should do is to give up.

Since I've benefited from reading SDN threads, I feel obligated to contribute something to this amazing community. Here are 5 things I've learned from this whole experience:

1. Have no fear! Last cycle I was too afraid to even apply to med schools. Now looking back, I was rather foolish. I had nothing to lose.
2. Be courteous and genuine to everyone you come across during your application (admissions contacts, interviewers duh, current students, etc...) You never know who is watching, who is keeping tabs, and who is ready to help you out if only you made the effort to reach out to.
3. Have a backup plan no matter how blindly confident you are. I had a full plan going into this cycle. While I was waiting on the alternate list for months, I applied and was accepted to LECOM postbac. I was fully prepared to launch into a postbac year.
4. Don't ignore friends and family. Being waitlist, especially being on waitlist this far and late into cycle can take a serious toll. No doubt we get bombarded by our own doubts, endless inquiries from relatives and friends, but please treat them nicely. They are the ones who care about you the most. Med school only lasts for four years. But these special relationships will last a life time.
5. Make sure you do everything you can think of so that you will have no regrets.

Feel free to PM me. (Though I honestly don't even know how that works lol...)

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know the chances of getting off waitlist if you're not the top candidates?

Members don't see this ad :)
If someone were accepted at this point, can someone comment on how long before tuition is due? (Hopefully someone who was accepted recently can comment on this)

If someone were accepted at this point, can someone comment on how long before tuition is due? (Hopefully someone who was accepted recently can comment on this)

Matriculation deposit due right away upon acceptance. All tuition and fees are due in full on the first day of semester, 07/27 (Erie and Seton Hill campus).

Matriculation deposit due right away upon acceptance. All tuition and fees are due in full on the first day of semester, 07/27 (Erie and Seton Hill campus).
It is due on first day but they pull it from your financial aid after u finish up all the paperwork for it and submit it it looks like. If that's not the case I'm confused cuz my tuition bill says the school owes me money lol so it has to be like that

It is due on first day but they pull it from your financial aid after u finish up all the paperwork for it and submit it it looks like. If that's not the case I'm confused cuz my tuition bill says the school owes me money lol so it has to be like that

How much was it in total (if you don't mind sharing). feel free to pm me as well.

How much was it in total (if you don't mind sharing). feel free to pm me as well.
I don't recall exactly the amount I just know they charge you all the fees for the year now. They also apply your deposit towards the fees so I think it was a grand total of 17k ish and after your deposit it's like 15.5? It's automatically deducted from your loan that you requested and they send you a check for the rest. When the check is sent I have no clue but I think it's July 29 (I'm starting this year I'm an OMS1) so don't quote me :p

Also: I know we were auto enrolled in a merit based scholarship was that given out already and I just didn't get anything or are we still waiting on the school to award those? Thanks!

EDIT: I just checked my school portal it's 17.2k and they apply your deposit toward the payment and the rest is taken from your loans

Last edited:
Anyone who's attending interested in helping someone move on the 20th? I can offer to return the favor or some money. I just really need a couch moved in. PM me if so. Thanks

Hi guys! Just got an II for LECOM-SH and would love to PM someone about the interview process. I know you guys just started so I'm sure you are all very busy, but I'd love to ask a few questions if anyone is willing. Thanks!

Hi guys! Just got an II for LECOM-SH and would love to PM someone about the interview process. I know you guys just started so I'm sure you are all very busy, but I'd love to ask a few questions if anyone is willing. Thanks!
Feel free to PM me. I'll give some info on what I can remember.

Has anyone received an interview invite for LECOM SETON HILL (to start in fall of 2016?). I would like to know if anyone else is going on the same day as I am, or what your experience was if you've gone recently. Thank you! :)

Has anyone received an interview invite for LECOM SETON HILL (to start in fall of 2016?). I would like to know if anyone else is going on the same day as I am, or what your experience was if you've gone recently. Thank you! :)

Im interviewing October 6th:)

I'm interviewing oct 6th as well! see you guys there :]

Reactions: 1 user
I'm flying in Monday morning so if anyone would like to meet up beforehand for lunch or coffee let me know!

anyone hear back about an acceptance yet?
says the decisions were sent out by mail waiting is killing me.

Anyone know the average competitive stats at Lecom SH? I've looked everywhere and can't find them.