Lake Erie - Seton Hill (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I just received an email asking if I would still like to stay on the alternate list. I'm guessing they're starting accept people off waitlist! :rofl:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear back from LECOM SH who interviewed 3/30? It's now been a month...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 3/20 and have not seen a portal change.

Wow. After almost 3 months I FINALLY hear back from LECOM Seton Hill. I've been accepted for the Class of 2019...
BUT....
I will be declining my acceptance as I have already made plans to go elsewhere.
Wish you all the best of luck! Hopefully this seat comes to good use!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed on 3/20 and have not seen a portal change.
Looks like they haven't even reviewed the 3/30 files in this case. Kinda makes me nervous cuz how can I expect them to make a decision on me when they're talking about my interview from over a month ago? Like what are they gunna remember :p ugh

Wow. After almost 3 months I FINALLY hear back from LECOM Seton Hill. I've been accepted for the Class of 2019...
BUT....
I will be declining my acceptance as I have already made plans to go elsewhere.
Wish you all the best of luck! Hopefully this seat comes to good use!
Were you informed through mail?

Received my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. I interviewed 3/11. Letter is dated April 21st but post marked April 28th (wonder why they sat on it so long?). I only have till Thursday to decide and get a check in their hands. Do they normally give you only a couple days to decide?

Received my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. I interviewed 3/11. Letter is dated April 21st but post marked April 28th (wonder why they sat on it so long?). I only have till Thursday to decide and get a check in their hands. Do they normally give you only a couple days to decide?
They usually give 2 weeks, it is probably a mistake since it was dated April 21st but not sent till the 28th.

Can anyone who was waitlisted share with us if their portal changed within two weeks of their interview? Or did it take longer for the portal to change and you were still waitlisted? Thanks for your time!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone who was waitlisted share with us if their portal changed within two weeks of their interview? Or did it take longer for the portal to change and you were still waitlisted? Thanks for your time!
It took 7 days for my portal to change and I received my alternate list letter 5-6 days later.

My portal just changed to "committee made a decision you'll receive a letter in the mail in 30 days" I interviewed a little over a month ago I do hope it's an acceptance and not just a delayed wait list decision lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
My portal just changed to "committee made a decision you'll receive a letter in the mail in 30 days" I interviewed a little over a month ago I do hope it's an acceptance and not just a delayed wait list decision lmao

hmm mine hasn't changed...

They usually give 2 weeks, it is probably a mistake since it was dated April 21st but not sent till the 28th.

Thanks! I called admissions and they gave me a couple more days to send in my deposit otherwise I would have had to over night my check >. <

I hope it's an acceptance and wish you the best either way. Keep us updated :)

So I've never posted on here but figured I might as well share - I interviewed on 3/30 and received an acceptance letter in the mail today! I kinda stopped paying attention to when my portal actually changed, but the letter is postmarked 5/4. Good luck to everyone else! :)

Reactions: 5 users
So I've never posted on here but figured I might as well share - I interviewed on 3/30 and received an acceptance letter in the mail today! I kinda stopped paying attention to when my portal actually changed, but the letter is postmarked 5/4. Good luck to everyone else! :)

Congrats!! Were you waitlisted first and did you interview at Erie or seton hill?

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! I interviewed at the Seton Hill campus and wasn't waitlisted.

Congrats to everyone who was accepted!! I'm still waiting for my decision to get here haha :( I hope it's good news :p

ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed 3/30

Reactions: 7 users
I thought waiting for the letter was difficult...now the waitlist movement is taking its toll

I have a question, hope it hasn't been addressed before. Why isn't Lecom Seton Hill on AACOMAS for the new cycle?

Hmmmm...I don't exactly remember, but I think that it was LECOM-Erie on the AACOMAS and in the secondary you had to identify if you wanted to apply to Erie or SH or both. I think maybe the Erie-Bradenton was separate on the AACOMAS. I can't exactly remember. If you have a copy of your AACOMAS application, you should be able to verify.

My portal finally changed to decision made, letter within 30 days for the Seton Hill tab.. I'm just curious, how long did it take for most people to get the letter after it changed to that? I'm sure it varies but just figured I would ask.. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I have a question, hope it hasn't been addressed before. Why isn't Lecom Seton Hill on AACOMAS for the new cycle?

We're a satellite campus of Erie. As far as AACOMAS is concerned, Erie & Seton Hill are the same place. When you fill out your secondary, you'll rank the programs you are interested in (PBL at Seton Hill vs. the programs available at Erie).

Just got a letter and was accepted to the class of 2019, so there's still hope! Good luck to everyone else :)

Reactions: 4 users
congrats! Were you wait listed before?
Thanks! And I was actually accepted straight from my interview in April. I was kind of surprised I wasn't waitlisted first since it's this late in the cycle, but I guess you never know

hmmm my portal in the lake Erie tab just changed from the classic receiving letter to app under review-anyone else?

My portal has changed under the Erie tab as well, don't know what that means though haha

Mine changed to that too. I think it means committee is reviewing alternate list applicants

Mine changed to that too. I think it means committee is reviewing alternate list applicants
I spoke with the admissions officers in both erie and seton hill and it looks like the portal change was for everyone. The IT department changed it from the old message bc that was confusing a lot of applicants. She also said the movement has been slower compared to past years. I'm starting to lose hope :/

I spoke with the admissions officers in both erie and seton hill and it looks like the portal change was for everyone. The IT department changed it from the old message bc that was confusing a lot of applicants. She also said the movement has been slower compared to past years. I'm starting to lose hope :/

Well that's disappointing...I think I'll be submitting my re-app this weekend. Anyone get one of those strong chance of acceptance emails that have been showing up on the Erie pages?

Accepted (interviewed March 6th) but have chosen a different school. Hope my spot goes to one of you!

Last edited:
For those of you who are accepted-- make sure you join the Big/Little program. You should have gotten an email about it from whoever is handling admissions these days, or a student from SGA. It's a really great way to at least know one person from campus, get advice and pointers on LECOM/Greensburg/etc., and obtain/borrow free books.

Accepted (interviewed March 6th) but have chosen a different school. Hope my spot goes to one of you!

Congratulations!! It looks like the people who have not heard anything back after interviewing are on some sort of priority wait list. This seems to be a common theme on the erie thread as well

Yeah, I've seen several other people who had this same outcome. I also think a lot of those people have probably chosen other schools now that it's so late in the cycle, so I hope plenty of spots open up for waitlisters!

Good luck to all on the waitlist! Can someone tell me when the first day of orientation is?