Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM-Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So did u guys submit secondaries without waiting for invite?

Members don't see this ad.

Ok so you got invites to the secondary you didn't just submit the application! Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I received secondary emails and communications from Erie, but I haven't had any communication from Bradenton until the interview invite today.

When I logged in to complete my Erie secondary, I saw Bradenton was available, so I completed it as well. Guess that was okay!

Ahh! Wish my AACOMAS was released already so I could submit here.

Interview invite 8/16!!

Me too!! So excited! First interview invite :D

Oh man though, Florida in early August...I'm used to midwest summers and winters; gonna have to look for thin/breathable interview clothes...

So I don't have a LOR from a DO yet, but just got an II. I remember reading a thread for LECOM that they can help you get a rec. Anyone know anything about this?

Me too!! So excited! First interview invite :D

Oh man though, Florida in early August...I'm used to midwest summers and winters; gonna have to look for thin/breathable interview clothes...

Florida is still horrible in august, 90-95 and humid

Florida is still horrible in august, 90-95 and humid

Oh I've heard; that was my point, lol. I'm used to the cold--not to the hot & humid. Gonna have an adventure next month.

So for people with II, are you going to ask your letter writers to rewrite letters specific for LECOM Bradenton or just send in your atypical letters?

Advice from matriculates would be greatly appreciated as well.

So for people with II, are you going to ask your letter writers to rewrite letters specific for LECOM Bradenton or just send in your atypical letters?

Advice from matriculates would be greatly appreciated as well.

this is not necessary at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
We only have 30 days to pay the 1,000 deposit fee after an acceptance right?

That makes me slightly worried.

So we have to make a decision 30 days after an acceptance? I wonder how soon after an interview they offer acceptances.

I interviewed in September and my interview group was given the option of waiting to hear back on the admissions decision until December, which then also delayed how long we had to put down the deposit, or hear about the admissions decisions within 30 days after the interview, after which we were given 30 days to put down the deposit.

Oh wow I didn't realize that. :oops:

Just checked the 2014 osteopathic college info booklet and it says the deposit is actually $1500 (and nonrefundable) now.

So we have to make a decision 30 days after an acceptance? I wonder how soon after an interview they offer acceptances.

that depends on how soon after your interview the committee is meeting. I heard back only few days after my interview.

I interviewed in September and my interview group was given the option of waiting to hear back on the admissions decision until December, which then also delayed how long we had to put down the deposit, or hear about the admissions decisions within 30 days after the interview, after which we were given 30 days to put down the deposit.

That makes me feel better. Unless I get more interviews for August/September, I'll likely take the December option if given it.

Oh wow I didn't realize that. :oops:

Just checked the 2014 osteopathic college info booklet and it sys the deposit is actually $1500 (and nonrefundable) now.

this was the deposit for last cycle too. I think Its right around the deposit amount for most DO schools.

And these deposits are nonrefundable? That's a lot of money this early in app season

Oh wow, do you know if that affects admission outcome? I would definitely take the December option since most schools don't interview until later.

EDIT: Sorry, just read that you'll be going there.

And these deposits are nonrefundable? That's a lot of money this early in app season

I agree, that is just too much money to spend so early for an acceptance. While it would be great to have that saved seat, to give them 1,500$ and possibly losing it just seems too much. Though I guess for anyone that has LECOM-B as their #1, this would be great as anxiety for the whole app cycle would be over by September.

Oh wow, do you know if that affects admission outcome? I would definitely take the December option since most schools don't interview until later.

EDIT: Sorry, just read that you'll be going there.

I agree, that is just too much money to spend so early for an acceptance. While it would be great to have that saved seat, to give them 1,500$ and possibly losing it just seems too much. Though I guess for anyone that has LECOM-B as their #1, this would be great as anxiety for the whole app cycle would be over by September.

this was repeatedly asked on my interview day and we were told that waiting to hear back in December does not affect the admissions outcome.

I'd consider this $1500 well spent. This means I have an acceptance on lock down and every app I have out there would be measured against LECOM. If the school ranks higher, go, if not you withdraw. Keep the reach schools in the mix.

this was repeatedly asked on my interview day and we were told that waiting to hear back in December does not affect the admissions outcome.

I'm sure, thanks!

It does worry me that an II only means you have a ~40% acceptance. Seems a bit low compared to other schools where it can be up to ~80% acceptance, but let's see how it goes.

I'm sure, thanks!

It does worry me that an II only means you have a ~40% acceptance. Seems a bit low compared to other schools where it can be up to ~80% acceptance, but let's see how it goes.

where did you hear that from? They did WL a lot of people last cyclebut honestly, from my experience, don't think too much about these statistics as they would just make you more worried than necessary. Aim to do your best at the interview as this is all you can really do at this point.

Hey everyone,

My pre-med advisor submitted all my LORs via Virtual Evals (including my DO letter).

LECOM uses virtual evals, right? When I check my letter status online, I am incomplete for all the letters, but complete for everything else including the waiver. I am worried/confused as to why this is the case?

I didn't use the LECOM letter instructions because I thought the virtual evals would be okay.

Can someone help me out here?

I have an interview 8/22.

No interview invite for me yet :(

stats 3.35/28
Secondary submitted on 6/26

anybody still waiting for a secondary invite?

No interview invite for me yet :(

stats 3.35/28
Secondary submitted on 6/26

Check to see if all your prereqs have been acknowledged. LECOM-E decided that I was missing 5 biology cred when aacomas says I have 24. And today LECOM-B says I am missing 6 behavioral sci wehn aacomas says I have 8. A call fixed it for LECOM-E but I have yet to notify Bradenton of their mistake. Frustrating technical difficulties....

Hey everyone,

My pre-med advisor submitted all my LORs via Virtual Evals (including my DO letter).

LECOM uses virtual evals, right? When I check my letter status online, I am incomplete for all the letters, but complete for everything else including the waiver. I am worried/confused as to why this is the case?

I didn't use the LECOM letter instructions because I thought the virtual evals would be okay.

Can someone help me out here?

I have an interview 8/22.

they are probably just bit behind on updating your portal. Call them to check.

Check to see if all your prereqs have been acknowledged. LECOM-E decided that I was missing 5 biology cred when aacomas says I have 24. And today LECOM-B says I am missing 6 behavioral sci wehn aacomas says I have 8. A call fixed it for LECOM-E but I have yet to notify Bradenton of their mistake. Frustrating technical difficulties....

I'm showing this for Erie

Requirements Met
Disciplinary Action Form 7/1/2013
Waiver Access to Letters 7/1/2013
MCAT Complete 7/1/2013
Supplemental Application 7/1/2013
6 Credits Behav Science 7/1/2013
8 Credits Chem-Org 7/1/2013
8 Credits Chem-Inorg 7/1/2013
6 Credits English 7/1/2013
8 Credits Physics 7/1/2013
8 Credits Bio/Zoo 7/1/2013

and this for Bradenton

Requirements Met
6 Credits Behav Science 7/3/2013
6 Credits English 7/3/2013
8 Credits Bio/Zoo 7/3/2013
8 Credits Chem-Inorg 7/3/2013
8 Credits Physics 7/3/2013
8 Credits Chem-Org 7/3/2013
Disciplinary Action Form 7/3/2013
Waiver Access to Letters 7/3/2013
MCAT Complete 7/3/2013

It doesn't seem like I'm missing anything, right?

Thank you very much for all your helpful info! :)

I'm showing this for Erie

Requirements Met
Disciplinary Action Form 7/1/2013
Waiver Access to Letters 7/1/2013
MCAT Complete 7/1/2013
Supplemental Application 7/1/2013
6 Credits Behav Science 7/1/2013
8 Credits Chem-Org 7/1/2013
8 Credits Chem-Inorg 7/1/2013
6 Credits English 7/1/2013
8 Credits Physics 7/1/2013
8 Credits Bio/Zoo 7/1/2013

and this for Bradenton

Requirements Met
6 Credits Behav Science 7/3/2013
6 Credits English 7/3/2013
8 Credits Bio/Zoo 7/3/2013
8 Credits Chem-Inorg 7/3/2013
8 Credits Physics 7/3/2013
8 Credits Chem-Org 7/3/2013
Disciplinary Action Form 7/3/2013
Waiver Access to Letters 7/3/2013
MCAT Complete 7/3/2013

It doesn't seem like I'm missing anything, right?

I don't think so; my status for Bradenton is exactly the same (all requirements met...of the pre-reqs. My letters aren't in yet.)

I have no idea what rhyme or reason they're using to give out IIs; I submitted my secondary 7-2, they marked it as received 7-3, 7-4 was a holiday and today they sent me an interview invite. They go through files fast, too, apparently!

Anyone know if they're waiting to send out secondaries with MCAT posted? I took my MCAT on July 2nd and it won't be officially posted till beginning of August.

Bradenton is my first pick and it's making me nervous that you guys are already getting invites!! Ahhh

Late night panic lol

most schools have MCAT and GPA cutoffs for secondaries and for your file to be marked 'complete' for interview consideration. You probably won't hear back from them until they have your MCAT score

LECOM-B has still not reviewed anything on me. :(

I am thinking because I submitted my secondary without an email. I want to call them on Monday.

LECOM-B has still not reviewed anything on me. :(

I am thinking because I submitted my secondary without an email. I want to call them on Monday.

Back 5 received an interview invite and he submitted his Bradenton secondary without receiving the secondary email.

This school only has a 40% acceptance post interview rate? That stinks :(

According to the old thread (if I read it correctly) yes. I believe everyone else gets "waitlisted".

Going to be a tense two weeks waiting to see if I get the acceptance or waitlist phone call.

I would probably post-pone my decision until December. But man, those odds are terrible for an II.

I will gladly take an acceptance in July and pay my $1500 even if I end up choosing another school.

I looked under my Credits and Letters and I do not see anything for both schools. Submitted secondaries on the 2nd. Getting nervous!