Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM-Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted Erie secondary today and notice that under my admissions status to Bradenton it say,

"If you have not submitted your supplemental application, click the link on the left to do so. If you have, this message will update once we have processed it. Do not submit another application."

Wondering if I should wait for the email or just do it, lol. The suspense is killing me.

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted Erie secondary today and notice that under my admissions status to Bradenton it say,

"If you have not submitted your supplemental application, click the link on the left to do so. If you have, this message will update once we have processed it. Do not submit another application."

Wondering if I should wait for the email or just do it, lol. The suspense is killing me.

Maybe someone should just call?

I only applied to Bradenton and I just got an email inviting me to fill out a secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried calling around 3PM eastern time and was sent to a message machine.

Has anyone just applied without the secondary yet?

I tried calling around 3PM eastern time and was sent to a message machine.

Has anyone just applied without the secondary yet?

I have not, but it seems to me that the ones who are getting Bradenton invites are those who did not apply to Erie. I tried sending an email, but it came back as undelivered.

I think we should do it, lol. Mine is filled out and ready to go, I am just waiting on the word to send.

i have not, but it seems to me that the ones who are getting bradenton invites are those who did not apply to erie. I tried sending an email, but it came back as undelivered.

I think we should do it, lol. Mine is filled out and ready to go, i am just waiting on the word to send.

+1

I am only applying to Bradenton and have not received a secondary yet.

I think if they don't send something by tomorrow, we should just assume they meant that we were able to apply to Bradenton as long as we added it on the AACOMAS because the email from Erie could be misleading and we want to get in that first batch.

WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!??

:soexcited:

I think if they don't send something by tomorrow, we should just assume they meant that we were able to apply to Bradenton as long as we added it on the AACOMAS because the email from Erie could be misleading and we want to get in that first batch.

WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!??

I'm with you!!

Does anyone know if they offer decent schoalorships?

WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!??

Haha +1 count me in!

I applied to both LECOM locations (PA and FL). I only received an email from PA, but the FL secondary is open and accessible to me.

I am going to submit it today along with the PA secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm curious how were you rejected in 2 days? Application opened on June 3rd and you get rejected on the 5th? Pretty sure schools didn't even receive the primaries by then. I just got an email today saying they received my primary and they are going to review it in the coming weeks.

Tell me about it.
This is what I got on the 5th
Dear ________,

Your application for admission to the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine Erie Campus (LECOM) has been considered by the Admissions Committee. After careful review, the Committee has decided not to pursue further consideration of your candidacy for admission.

We thank you for applying for admission to LECOM and wish you every success in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine

Are you a Canadian applicant or something?

Although I know they have let Canadians into their program in the past.

UPDATE!!!

So forget about my plan earlier guys. I just called admissions office at Lake Erie and they told me NOT to complete a secondary application for the Bradenton campus if we did not receive the email because they are apparently still processing applications.

UPDATE!!!

So forget about my plan earlier guys. I just called admissions office at Lake Erie and they told me NOT to complete a secondary application for the Bradenton campus if we did not receive the email because they are apparently still processing applications.

Thank you!

Oh, boy I already submitted for Bradenton already. Hope they do not take it as a negative.

Yea Canadian.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I don't understand tho, what would the reason be for not letting a Canadian applicant in tho? I think from what I remember you had good stats right?

Anyone else received an email from them today?

It says that my application has been processed. It also explains how to monitor my application on the portal and view any prerequisite deficiency.

Anyone else received an email from them today?

It says that my application has been processed. It also explains how to monitor my application on the portal and view any prerequisite deficiency.

A handful of us are waiting to get an email invite before we submit anything

A handful of us are waiting to get an email invite before we submit anything

I submitted my Bradenton application before realizing people were waiting.

This is my status under Bradenton:

"We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."

I don't know if I did the correct or incorrect thing by submitting my Bradenton secondary before getting an email. :p

Just received an email from Brandenton with the secondary app info! Did not apply to Erie.

Received mine too! Anyone know how to get their old SAT and ACT scores. I don't remember mine!

Just received an email from Brandenton with the secondary app info! Did not apply to Erie.

+1 Just submitted today. :) I'm lucky both my undergrad + my mom kept my old SAT/ACT scores (plus I'm in the process of applying to be a Kaplan tutor so I've had the scores handy lately haha); otherwise I guess maybe you could request a score report from the respective companies?

I did too. We probably aren't the only ones.

It is not required information. I am not filling that part out.
I called them about the SAT thing. They said even though it isn't starred, it is a required field :/

I called the SAT people and they are nice. They will walk you through getting your old scores and test dates.

I called them about the SAT thing. They said even though it isn't starred, it is a required field :/

I called the SAT people and they are nice. They will walk you through getting your old scores and test dates.

I never took it nor the ACT. I can't imagine they would hold it against me.

Haha my tests were in 1997, i can't even report those scores in the format they have now.....left it blank

I can't imagine them screening you based on your SAT/ACT scores. It's probably more for book keeping and analyzing statistics.

I am applying here this cycle and I have a 3.86 overall gpa and a 3.78 science and scored a 23 6ps9v8bs on my mcat. I am a Hispanic Texas resident.

I am applying here this cycle and I have a 3.86 overall gpa and a 3.78 science and scored a 23 6ps9v8bs on my mcat. I am a Hispanic Texas resident.
Your GPA is really strong, which should help you. The good news is your verbal and biological science are right at their averages. The only section that may prove difficult is your physical science section. I think you still have a shot of getting in but it will be difficult. It may be better to try and re-take the MCAT and put on your application that you will be doing so. This will show them that you think you are capable of more but that you had a bad test day. Either way I would have a response ready for them as to why you had a lower score on that section and the MCAT in general. Best of luck to you, I hope you get in!

I have never received a secondary email from Bradenton, but completed the secondary the same day I received the email for Erie.

Two days ago, I received an email from Erie telling me that my supplemental application was processed and that I can check my status on the portal. I never received the same email from Bradenton.

When I view the "Required Letters and credits" on my portal, I can see that for Erie I have met all the courses and letters as of 7/1. When I switch to Bradenton using the drop box on the same page, I see that I also met the same requirements as of 7/3, except that it doesn't list "Supplemental Application" as one of the requirements I met. That's strange because I filled out the secondary and paid the fee on the same time I submitted the Erie application.

Could this be because they still haven't processed my supplemental application for Bradenton? or did I by mistake submitted my Erie application and paid for it twice? However, it shows in green parentheses that my application is "in progress" for both Erie and Bradenton.

Please advise me.

Last edited:
I have never received a secondary email from Bradenton, but completed the secondary the same day I received the email for Erie.

Two days ago, I received an email from Erie telling me that my supplemental application was processed and that I can check my status on the portal. I never received the same email from Bradenton.

When I view the "Required Letters and credits" on my portal, I can see that for Erie I have met all the courses and letters as of 7/1. When I switch to Bradenton using the drop box on the same page, I see that I also met the same requirements as of 7/3, except that it doesn't list "Supplemental Application" as one of the requirements I met. That's strange because I filled out the secondary and paid the fee on the same I submitted the Erie application.

Could this be because they still haven't processed my supplemental application for Bradenton? or did I by mistake submitted my Erie application and paid for it twice? However, it shows in green parentheses that my application is "in progress" for both Erie and Bradenton.

Please advise me.

They don't update their portal as quickly as you would like. I have been accepted (from last cycle) and there were some things that my portal was marking as missing that I had in fact submitted to them. A quick phone call fixed this. I am sure they have just not got around to updating your portal as well, especially considering the high volume of applications they receive by this time in the application season.

I have everything complete for LECOM-E as of 7/1 and do not even see LECOM-B listed. :(

I can't imagine them screening you based on your SAT/ACT scores. It's probably more for book keeping and analyzing statistics.

I'm a recent graduate, and can't help you with much in the application process, but I can answer this one. They're collecting statistics. I couldn't tell you for sure whether they're using them for screening purposes at this point, but I doubt it.

The following is from an email sent to all LECOM students last December:

Dear current medical student,
As an innovator in osteopathic medical education, LECOM is continually striving to be at the forefront of exploring solutions to anticipated areas of change in the medical education landscape that could negatively impact our students. There is a new, revised, and severely altered MCAT that will be implemented in the near future for which we cannot exactly predict the impact to our future medical school applicants. In order to prepare for this unpredictable exam, LECOM is exploring alternative indicators of success in medical school in an effort to identify other reliable indicators in addition to, or in place of, the MCAT.

One such indicator is prior performance on the ACT and/or SAT exams. As such, we are asking you to consider sharing your results. Your participation is strictly voluntarily. Even though the name portion is required, the data collected will only be reported anonymously.

Good luck, everybody.

No email yet but my portal has an interview already set up for this campus.

so since you submitted your secondary without an e-mail invite and got an interview, I'm assuming that means that those of us who got a secondary e-mail from Erie are safe to submit it for Bradenton too?

so since you submitted your secondary without an e-mail invite and got an interview, I'm assuming that means that those of us who got a secondary e-mail from Erie are safe to submit it for Bradenton too?

I had to double and triple read the email to make sure it said Bradenton and not Erie, as I was expecting.

I got an interview invite today. I'm happy but also kinda nervous because I wasn't expecting an interview THIS early (since most start in the fall). Mines 7/22. Anyone else got an II?

I'm OOS from New Hampshire
3.74 science GPA
3.95 overall
27 MCAT