Lake Eerie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can somebody help me understand one thing? I submitted my secondary application to both Erie and Braedenton on June 28th.

My 32 MCAT is above their averages and my cGPA of 3.54 is in line with what they want.

I think I at worst wrote a decent personal statement in my primary application and there is no secondary essay that would make my application more or less appealing.

In spite of all that, all sorts of people who applied after i did have received interview invites to one or both campuses and my portal still says my application is under review. I thought the whole point of rolling admissions is to favor early applicants, but they've already reviewed apps received after my own.

I'm going insane here waiting for a response and I check my portal countless times a day. What could possibly be holding up my application? Am I rejected and they're just taking their sweet time getting back to me? I literally cannot think of a reason why this is happening and it's making me paranoid about my applications to other schools. Is there something about my app that I don't know? Some sort of red flag? Is it because i have a lot of repeated courses? I thought grade forgiveness was cool

Patience. And also, your stats alone make you semi competitive for MD schools so maybe that's another thing they are considering but I doubt it.

Members don't see this ad.

Patience. And also, your stats alone make you semi competitive for MD schools so maybe that's another thing they are considering but I doubt it.
Haha, the GPA I guess is a little misleading. It's only so high because I really took advantage of grade forgiveness. It's much lower without it and puts me out of the running at any MD schools

Haha, the GPA I guess is a little misleading. It's only so high because I really took advantage of grade forgiveness. It's much lower without it and puts me out of the running at any MD schools
Still. You are in good shape for this cycle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Can somebody help me understand one thing? I submitted my secondary application to both Erie and Braedenton on June 28th.

My 32 MCAT is above their averages and my cGPA of 3.54 is in line with what they want.

I think I at worst wrote a decent personal statement in my primary application and there is no secondary essay that would make my application more or less appealing.

In spite of all that, all sorts of people who applied after i did have received interview invites to one or both campuses and my portal still says my application is under review. I thought the whole point of rolling admissions is to favor early applicants, but they've already reviewed apps received after my own.

I'm going insane here waiting for a response and I check my portal countless times a day. What could possibly be holding up my application? Am I rejected and they're just taking their sweet time getting back to me? I literally cannot think of a reason why this is happening and it's making me paranoid about my applications to other schools. Is there something about my app that I don't know? Some sort of red flag? Is it because i have a lot of repeated courses? I thought grade forgiveness was cool

Sometimes they will not even interview applicants that are overqualified because they know that they are a safety school to those applicants and if they accept them, they are very unlikely to attend their institution. Not saying that this is what's happening in your case, but I remember reading in past years LECOM threads and /r/premed where this happened to a few people with >32 MCAT's and >3.8GPA.

It's still very early in the process though and your stats are not WAY over their averages so I think you are still in good shape.

Anybody interviewing this Friday that wants to meet for dinner on Thursday?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Ok so I submitted my secondary around the 25th of July...has anyone gotten an interview invite recently and if so when did you submit your secondary?

I had an interview at LECOM-E

However, Bradenton has been silent.

My portal says I'm still under review.

Anyone else not receive a II at Bradenton, but a II at Erie?

I had an interview at LECOM-E

However, Bradenton has been silent.

My portal says I'm still under review.

Anyone else not receive a II at Bradenton, but a II at Erie?

Yup and I live an hour away from Bradenton

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what parking is like on campus? I can't find any info...

Members don't see this ad :)
They updated my app to tell me that they'll update it again in 90 days... haha. At least its not an outright rejection?

Hi! Any current students/people from the area know if Uber/lyft is available? Need to take one from my hotel to the campus in the morning. Alternative is doing a taxi. Thanks!

They updated my app to tell me that they'll update it again in 90 days... haha. At least its not an outright rejection?

What do you mean? What did your portal used to say and what does it say now? Curious because I have not heard of this kind of change

What do you mean? What did your portal used to say and what does it say now? Curious because I have not heard of this kind of change
It used to say "your app is complete and will be under review"
now it says "your app has been reviewed and a decision regarding an interview has not been made. We will review your app again in 90 days"

It used to say "your app is complete and will be under review"
now it says "your app has been reviewed and a decision regarding an interview has not been made. We will review your app again in 90 days"

Oh that's an interesting change. Did they happen to tell you why this could be?

For LECOM-Bradenton My status is "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." For LECOM-Erie it's "Your application is under review." There's no "complete" in the status, is anyone on the same boat?

For LECOM-Bradenton My status is "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." For LECOM-Erie it's "Your application is under review." There's no "complete" in the status, is anyone on the same boat?
same boat mate

exact same here. When were you complete?

Oh that's an interesting change. Did they happen to tell you why this could be?

I'm assuming they looked at my file, said "meh" and put it aside for now. They didn't love it, didn't hate it, and maybe want to see what my September academic update looks like.

I'm assuming they looked at my file, said "meh" and put it aside for now. They didn't love it, didn't hate it, and maybe want to see what my September academic update looks like.

Makes sense to me. What were your stats like if you don't mind sharing

I submitted my app in early June. It still says "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."

II for 8/19. How are y'all getting there? As in what airport are y'all flying into, car rental or taxi, hotel, etc.

Hi! Any current students/people from the area know if Uber/lyft is available? Need to take one from my hotel to the campus in the morning. Alternative is doing a taxi. Thanks!

Friday? What hotel are you staying at? I rented a car.

Staying at the Country Inns and Suites. Rented a car as well.

Getting together for dinner with another applicant if you want to join.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

I'm at Holiday Inn Lakewood. That's be great, but I don't land in Tampa until 6pm

Also does anyone know how to apply to Erie and Seton Hill if you already submitted a secondary to Bradenton? I am thinking of just adding those schools to my list as well. Thank you!

Also does anyone know how to apply to Erie and Seton Hill if you already submitted a secondary to Bradenton? I am thinking of just adding those schools to my list as well. Thank you!

You need to add Erie to your AACOMAS app. SH and E share the same primary but Bradenton's is separate.

Do you mind telling us when you submitted your secondary?
I submitted on July 14th. Does anyone know if they will be adding any interview dates for September? I can't make either the 22nd or 26th

Last edited:
hello guys. current first year here. little bit busy ATM but any questions you guys have i'll try to answer as soon as i can. good luck to those interviewing tomorrow :happy:

Thanks @Johnyellow! I really like the PBL from what I've learned but I've heard people talk about the school being rather depressing, as in super strict regulations, little social life, etc. I've also heard the exact opposite or that such assertions are overblown. I mean I'm usually a little skeptical when I hear people complain about rules and such anyway. What has your experience been in this department?

For those that received IIs did your portal change from we have received your supplemental app to unde review before receiving an II?

Thanks @Johnyellow! I really like the PBL from what I've learned but I've heard people talk about the school being rather depressing, as in super strict regulations, little social life, etc. I've also heard the exact opposite or that such assertions are overblown. I mean I'm usually a little skeptical when I hear people complain about rules and such anyway. What has your experience been in this department?

The school does have a strict business casual dress code (shirt and tie for guys, for girls is more lax really). We also have a no drink no eat rule anywhere but the cafeteria. Honestly i do not mind the dress code. It forces me to actually giving a crap every morning, rather than looking like a bum. The no drinking part is kind of annoying since i got used to studying with water or an energy drink during my undergrad days. Having said that, it is not a big deal and u can take a quick break from studying, eat something, and then get back to hitting the books. I dont think the school is depressing. We got a very outgoing class (overall) and we help each other a lot.
One of the things that led me to pick this school was their serious approach. They simply told us "we want to form the best physicians that we can, and this is how we plan on doing it, so if you like it we want you, if you don't you should go somewhere else". I guess what i am trying to say is that Lecom is not for everyone, but if when you get here it feels right, oh trust me it is right

The school does have a strict business casual dress code (shirt and tie for guys, for girls is more lax really). We also have a no drink no eat rule anywhere but the cafeteria. Honestly i do not mind the dress code. It forces me to actually giving a crap every morning, rather than looking like a bum. The no drinking part is kind of annoying since i got used to studying with water or an energy drink during my undergrad days. Having said that, it is not a big deal and u can take a quick break from studying, eat something, and then get back to hitting the books. I dont think the school is depressing. We got a very outgoing class (overall) and we help each other a lot.
One of the things that led me to pick this school was their serious approach. They simply told us "we want to form the best physicians that we can, and this is how we plan on doing it, so if you like it we want you, if you don't you should go somewhere else". I guess what i am trying to say is that Lecom is not for everyone, but if when you get here it feels right, oh trust me it is right

Thanks! That makes sense and I'll keep it mind when I head down there in a couple weeks

Congrats! Do you mind telling us when your secondary was approved?
I actually have no clue. I never got a response from them after submitting my secondary (which I submitted the first week of July) so I emailed them yesterday and they responded saying I was complete and that they were offering me an interview.

Interviewed here today with a group of pretty cool fellow applicants.

The school is very upfront about PBL - if you dont think it will work for you, if you need traditional lectures and powerpoints, this is not the school for you.

Lakewood Ranch is a really nice community. There are so many student organizations for volunteering/research/other experiences to be a part of. They are very proud of their ranks in regards to board scores.

Cool interview day. Incredibly relaxed - actively promoted group talk/collaboration.

Good experience overall.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile