Ladies and Gentlemen... a Noob WW Game Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have no idea what to do with myself now..I was completely eat, sleep, lynch for the last week

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Not trying to burst your bubble but just FYI - that trick wouldn't have worked in a game with experienced players. As soon as you posted your ability, we all pretty much knew that wasn't real. Not saying this to insult you, just letting you know so you learn! :)
I was gonna say, as the master of ****ty fake role reveals that was such a fake role and ability lol.

For those of you curious as to why it was obvious, a few notes to you all:
  • The roles in this game were very classic circus acts - does a spinning ballerina dog strike you as a standard circus act? It didn't even bring anything up when you Google it, but the other roles (even esoteric ones like Human Owl) did. This role should have stuck out purely by name
  • Passive abilities are easy role claims for wolves to fake, as are ones where the ability may not necessarily be shared with the person it was used on (for example - if you blocked someone they'd know, but if you redirected their action you could argue mods just didn't tell them about it). People who had night actions deflected would have probably gotten told about it in mod PMs too - so there should have been a "paper trail" of this ability
Overall though, this was a great game. I was very impressed by all of your play and you all did a great job!

Also, villagers, don't feel bad - you're not a real villager until you've gotten your chain yanked by wolves anyway.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm actually not a huge star wars fan and thought the movie was really only okay.

coming back to the wolves pulling a ridiculous stunt, though? Oh man. my heart started racing and I could not read fast enough to get caught up.
It all started when I was watching Rogue One and made some poor choices and somehow managed to post half thoughts

Reactions: 2 users
Omg someone post a different gif so we can get that horrid clown off the mobile preview
I'm just trying to delete the picture of that hideous clown out of my memory. Make sure you look at that clown before you go to sleep tonight - if you want to have nightmares.

Hey, anyone want to buy tickets to go to a circus now???

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
@mmmdreamerz sorry I couldn't pull it out in the end for you... I'm curious as to how it would have gone with you there instead of me!

Also, thank you so much to all the mentors who patiently answered questions for all the noobs.

A special call out to our wolf mentors - @alohacat319, @Lupin21, @WildZoo and @PrincessButterCup

And to Chaos - @SummerTheLynx, @Mad Jack - who just didn't have their chance to wreak havoc. :p

Also to all the others who doubled up on noobs, and @LetItSnow for being a bit of a softie and sparing someone the first lynch.

Reactions: 19 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also also I'm not surprised wolves pulled off something crazy in this game. Look at their mentors! Some of the best wolves playing in prevet mentored them this game lol.

Also, it made my heart happy to see that MJ mentored the chaos player

Reactions: 3 users
So TrashPanda, what could you tell from reading the 2/3 cards?

So there were mentor and dead chats this whole time, right?

Did you have it all figured out? (Pre-spinning ballerina dog reveal?)

So TrashPanda, what could you tell from reading the 2/3 cards?

Like Karabou said- role, affiliation, ability (two out of three). I did NOT use this ability well and I'm not entirely sure it actually benefited the wolves except for when it got serher to (briefly) trust me.

Reactions: 1 user
Like Karabou said- role, affiliation, ability (two out of three). I did NOT use this ability well and I'm not entirely sure it actually benefited the wolves except for when it got serher to (briefly) trust me.

I HAD YOU FIGURED OUT BUT I DOUBTED MYSELF :p

Reactions: 6 users
Gotcha, thanks! I'm honestly surprised I wasn't killed off sooner in this game.

we had a lot of good information on so many people and it led us to take out raf and maybe some others

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly, just a couple notes:

I think people were almost too hesitant to discuss roles, which I never thought I'd say for a noob game. You had two actions that you had decided were sketchy (the blocking and tarot reading); at least outing role names near the end would have let you decide which you thought were made up or not. Maybe not in the last ten minutes. :p

Until you're right at the end, it's usually better to hunt for original wolves than converts. You basically had mod verification that Doc-S and Killerleaf were originally villagers... those lynches were not the best, villager-wise.

You usually can't use Ask-A-Mod questions to affiliation seer like Karabou claimed. Ask your mentors more questions!

Beyond that, you guys did great. You'll only get better with more time and more knowledge.

Reactions: 8 users
KM, when you go to the afterlife chat, I discussed this issue. I'm a noob!

You had me waffling on you for such a long time! I couldn't tell if it was a strategy or a restriction. It definitely threw me for a loop though lol

Great game guys! I hope you all enjoyed your first WW and join us for many more. Welcome to the dark side! :alien:

giphy.gif

Reactions: 9 users
I don't remember who it was - maybe raf? - but someone 100% pegged the tarot card role when they were seered. I was impressed.

Reactions: 4 users

Raf you were seriously asking some really good questions and arguing good points. You got called out in the mentor thread for doing a good job. From a wolf point of view, that plus your role, you had to go! ;)

Reactions: 8 users
since I had been killed, I said DrS, Kittens, and killerleaf would have been my guesses for the convert, and that was before conversion happened. so I feel good with that one.

And when was serher going to die with a decaying twin hanging on to them?
If I'm reading the spreadsheet right, she would have died after three days.
You were! We kept on wanting to kill you, but we knew that would point to karabou. I swear half my comments in wolf chat are along the lines of "It's dangerous to kill Lyra. But it's dangerous to not kill Lyra."
:laugh: That's awesome!
I was gonna say, as the master of ****ty fake role reveals that was such a fake role and ability lol.

For those of you curious as to why it was obvious, a few notes to you all:
  • The roles in this game were very classic circus acts - does a spinning ballerina dog strike you as a standard circus act? It didn't even bring anything up when you Google it, but the other roles (even esoteric ones like Human Owl) did. This role should have stuck out purely by name
  • Passive abilities are easy role claims for wolves to fake, as are ones where the ability may not necessarily be shared with the person it was used on (for example - if you blocked someone they'd know, but if you redirected their action you could argue mods just didn't tell them about it). People who had night actions deflected would have probably gotten told about it in mod PMs too - so there should have been a "paper trail" of this ability
Overall though, this was a great game. I was very impressed by all of your play and you all did a great job!

Also, villagers, don't feel bad - you're not a real villager until you've gotten your chain yanked by wolves anyway.
I think if it had occurred earlier in the day, and wally hadn't role-revealed immediately afterward, we would have been more suspicious of it. At least that's what I'm going to tell myself. :p

I'm sad I never got to use my ability, I was strongly considering using it tonight since our protector @sheltermed was gone and my mentor @Jilary had advised me to wait until then!

Raf you were seriously asking some really good questions and arguing good points. You got called out in the mentor thread for doing a good job. From a wolf point of view, that plus your role, you had to go! ;)
hahaha yeah, I had good convos with BYOB in dead chat about it. I appreciate that though! thanks, mentors! :banana:

I don't remember who it was - maybe raf? - but someone 100% pegged the tarot card role when they were seered. I was impressed.
YES! hahah I was like I bet they get to submit a name and depending on which cards I "pick" they get info about my role or my affiliation or my ability! I just didn't know who was doing it or that it was a wolf role lol

You had me waffling on you for such a long time! I couldn't tell if it was a strategy or a restriction. It definitely threw me for a loop though lol
KM, you did a terrific job! Actually, you were the next "target" on my spreadsheet because I thought you had been transformed from being a villager, and had become an evil wolf.

I think if it had occurred earlier in the day, and wally hadn't role-revealed immediately afterward, we would have been more suspicious of it. At least that's what I'm going to tell myself. :p

I'm sad I never got to use my ability, I was strongly considering using it tonight since our protector @sheltermed was gone and my mentor @Jilary had advised me to wait until then!
last night I just kept thinking I hope lyra doesn't use her ability. We knew you were a lion but not the ability except when you said it was a one-time use ability. Night cancellation made sense to me then

also, just to clear some stuff up, I was going to take out DrS the night I died (N3?) because even though I thought she was a villager, I wanted to A. Not die with my ability (which I did anyway..) and B. I thought she was too much of a distraction to everyone and was taking away from conversation for looking for actual wolves.

I know I'm sorry!! I felt genuinely bad about that lol, if it makes you feel better I was still a villager when you started the PM!

Okay, okay, I guess I can forgive you hahaha. My fault for trusting too easily! And you did such a good job of convincing me you were legit.

Can I have a moment to express my frustration every time my name came up as a wolf? Hahahaha. It was literally me sitting in front of my computer ranting to my boyfriend "HOW CAN THEY THINK I AM A WOLF? WE ARE WASTING TIME HERE. NOT WOLF. NOT WOLF." I'm sure he got thoroughly sick of me :rofl:

Reactions: 9 users
Honestly, just a couple notes:

I think people were almost too hesitant to discuss roles, which I never thought I'd say for a noob game. You had two actions that you had decided were sketchy (the blocking and tarot reading); at least outing role names near the end would have let you decide which you thought were made up or not. Maybe not in the last ten minutes. :p

Until you're right at the end, it's usually better to hunt for original wolves than converts. You basically had mod verification that Doc-S and Killerleaf were originally villagers... those lynches were not the best, villager-wise.

You usually can't use Ask-A-Mod questions to affiliation seer like Karabou claimed. Ask your mentors more questions!

Beyond that, you guys did great. You'll only get better with more time and more knowledge.
It absolutely killed me that nobody questioned Trashpan very thoroughly even though they implied heavily on thread several times that they had a seering role and people knew there was likely a scum role that could seer with tarot cards. :laugh:

I've never seen noobs who were so hesitant to discuss and share roles, I think the mentors impressed it upon them that it's usually not good game play and they took it to heart. Honestly I think it made for much more thoughtful play from most of the players. At least they weren't trained into bad habits early lol.

Reactions: 7 users
This is totally mod dependent, but trilt is pretty strict on what you can "ask a mod", so no seering of any kind is allowed.

I was going to suggest you use it tonight. I was so mad when everyone flipped and lynched you instead of wally or kara! (I mean I wanted them to vote kara, but I would have understood the wally vote) You were a good noob though! I took a kind of hands off approach, because I think you learn better that way.