Knees over toes guy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheTruckGuy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. ER doc here. Curious if any of y'all have heard of Knees over Toes Guy? He's got a big YouTube channel. I've heard a lot of folks say his stuff has helped them out, and I've seen some of his videos. In some he says things along the lines of "traditional teaching/traditional physical therapy will tell you to do XYZ, but now they're starting to do ABC, which I started doing 5 years ago." Etc.

Just wondering if y'all have any thoughts on him. I haven't found anything in any of his videos that I found to be either harmful, or truly ground breaking, but I'm obviously not well versed on the literature like you all are.

On another note, if you were to recommend 3 YouTube channels for patients to self-treat, which would they be? In my standard discharge instructions for sportsmed/ortho injuries I recommend Bob and Brad, E3 Rehab, and AskDoctorJo.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a first year and have more progressive professors than those that would be considered traditional, I like most of his content but there is some that I disagree with. There's definitely a paradigm shift in the profession when it comes to narratives and outpatient ortho related stuff which I think he's alluding to in his videos.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a first year and have more progressive professors than those that would be considered traditional, I like most of his content but there is some that I disagree with. There's definitely a paradigm shift in the profession when it comes to narratives and outpatient ortho related stuff which I think he's alluding to in his videos.
Yeah, I see it in medicine a lot as well. Some people are very rigid and refuse to believe anything is possible unless there are high quality randomized controlled trials that prove a benefit to it. And sure, those are nice to have, but a lack of evidence doesn't mean something doesn't work. And sometimes we find out years later that despite evidence supporting something, or showing something to be harmful, retrospective analysis finds the opposite to be true.