KCUMB Class of 2016!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted! I will be joining you all this fall. I cant wait. I hope there are apartments still open at CT.

Its a 10 hour drive from home so that is going to suck coming out here with my car.

10 hours is better than my 22 hr drive!!!! :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone considering pursuing the joint MBA program? I will have an undergraduate degree in business, and therefore looks as though I am able to waive some coursework. While I am not expecting to use this degree primarily by any means, some time in the future it might be helpful for landing top positions in the hospital, administration, or even for having a better grasp on running a private/group practice. Am I correct that in the first year we can apply for it? Looking at the website there is no admissions exam to take (I suppose the MCAT was enough torture). Is it such that if someone wants it, they are essentially assured a seat, so long as in the DO curriculum they are doing well?

I found the Facebook group and requested to be added. Are there a few of you that can possibly accept the request? If you want to be sure random people aren't being added, please PM me and I'll give you my name. Thanks!

I found the Facebook group and requested to be added. Are there a few of you that can possibly accept the request? If you want to be sure random people aren't being added, please PM me and I'll give you my name. Thanks!
Same here! My request hasn't been approved either.

Sorry about that, we only have one person that can accept people into the group. He will get to you soon, I'm sure. It is not that he doesn't believe you he just hasn't been on in a few days.

Looks like he changed it. Message me on SDN and I will add you as a friend on Facebook then I will add you to the group.

Congrats on getting in. As much as one can in medical school, I enjoyed my experience at KCUMB.
I am on SDN a lot so please feel free to message me with any questions you may have.
:luck: and enjoy your spring & summer. ;)

Congrats on getting in. As much as one can in medical school, I enjoyed my experience at KCUMB.
I am on SDN a lot so please feel free to message me with any questions you may have.
:luck: and enjoy your spring & summer. ;)

Few questions for you.

1. I will be 26 when I start so will need to get my own health insurance. How did you go about getting health insurance? Did you find something before moving to KC or wait till you got there? What was your provider? Did most of your class-mates stick with a provider or was there quite a variety?

2. Also, I'm planning on moving in on Aug 1st. Do you think that's early enough? Given that orientation is not till Aug 6th? Or do you recommend moving in earlier.

3. How did you go about finding a roommate? I'm looking to stay off-campus, perhaps somewhere downtown.

4. If you don't live too far away, do you feel that it's necessary to keep a car? I will have a bike and I'm thinking about selling my car.

Few questions for you.

1. I will be 26 when I start so will need to get my own health insurance. How did you go about getting health insurance? Did you find something before moving to KC or wait till you got there? What was your provider? Did most of your class-mates stick with a provider or was there quite a variety?

2. Also, I'm planning on moving in on Aug 1st. Do you think that's early enough? Given that orientation is not till Aug 6th? Or do you recommend moving in earlier.

3. How did you go about finding a roommate? I'm looking to stay off-campus, perhaps somewhere downtown.

4. If you don't live too far away, do you feel that it's necessary to keep a car? I will have a bike and I'm thinking about selling my car.

1. You're on your own for that. Search the interwebz...

2. You don't need to prepare for orientation... there's not gonna be a test or anything. Show up whenever you feel like as long as you are there on time for day 1 of orientation.

3. Facebook. You will soon get access to KCUMB's intranet. Sometimes you can find "Roommate Wanted" postings.

4. If you live off campus, you'll want a car. Trust me. If it were Boston, NYC, or DC; you'd have decent enough subways and what not. But KC doesn't have that... And you aren't gonna want to bike as much as you think.

Congrats on your acceptance. Remember to work your arse off. 1st and 2nd years suck... 3rd year is tolerable, and 4th year is AWESOME.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. You're on your own for that. Search the interwebz...

2. You don't need to prepare for orientation... there's not gonna be a test or anything. Show up whenever you feel like as long as you are there on time for day 1 of orientation.

3. Facebook. You will soon get access to KCUMB's intranet. Sometimes you can find "Roommate Wanted" postings.

4. If you live off campus, you'll want a car. Trust me. If it were Boston, NYC, or DC; you'd have decent enough subways and what not. But KC doesn't have that... And you aren't gonna want to bike as much as you think.

Congrats on your acceptance. Remember to work your arse off. 1st and 2nd years suck... 3rd year is tolerable, and 4th year is AWESOME.

Thanks a lot!

Congrats on your acceptance to KCUMB! I am graduating and I'm looking to unload my textbooks/flash cards. I have nearly every book you could ever need, let me know. Also I am moving out of my place in North KC on June 1st. It's near armour rd. in a safe neighborhood and within a 10 min drive of campus. It's a 3 BR/1 Bath with fenced yard. 650/mo.

Congrats on your acceptance to KCUMB! I am graduating and I'm looking to unload my textbooks/flash cards. I have nearly every book you could ever need, let me know. Also I am moving out of my place in North KC on June 1st. It's near armour rd. in a safe neighborhood and within a 10 min drive of campus. It's a 3 BR/1 Bath with fenced yard. 650/mo.

PM me about the books please sir! It would be much appreciated!

Hey Class of 2016,

Congrats on being accepted!
I'm a third year and just got done with boards. I have a bunch of books and a couple sets of flashcards I'm looking to sell. I will be in KC for a few more weeks so if you're interested let me know and I'll give you the specifics on what I have.

Also, if you have any specific questions about starting school, what to buy (or not to buy), or where to live feel free to PM or ask on here.

Enjoy your summer, August 6th will be here before you know it.
Congrats again and I wish you all the best!

Last edited:
Sent you a PM.

Hey Class of 2016,

Congrats on being accepted!
I'm a third year and just got done with boards. I have a bunch of books and a couple sets of flashcards I'm looking to sell. I will be in KC for a few more weeks so if you're interested let me know and I'll give you the specifics on what I have.

Also, if you have any specific questions about starting school, what to buy (or not to buy), or where to live feel free to PM or ask on here.

Enjoy your summer, August 6th will be here before you know it.
Congrats again and I wish you all the best!

Hello everyone,

I'm a 3rd year, and I have some books and binders that I'm looking to sell. I'm selling 3-inch binders for $3, and 2-inch binders for $2. Message me if you're interested in the books or binders. Congrats on your acceptance and enjoy the rest of your summer!

Can we download lecture podcasts, or do we have to remain online to view them? If online, how fast should the internet be to be able to view without significant interruption? Thanks.