Kansas City University (KCU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is the admissions committee's outlook on bribes?

Followup Question: how much does it take to get a spot? Is there like a bartering system or do you just go in with a high offer and hope for the best?

TIA.

Members don't see this ad.

Is the space in the Centro which is the smaller double room enough for two people? I'm referring to the space outside of the bedrooms. Are they cramped?

So the living room in the two bedroom is the same size as the living room in the one bedroom, just add a door to the second bedroom. I wouldn't say they're cramped, just depends on what you put in there. I know someone who has a large comfy couch and dining table in the living room and then they each have their own TVs in the bedrooms. People have definitely made it work!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I'm currently applying to this campus for the upcoming cycle and it has strange prerequisites for people who went to a school on a quarter-system. It says it wants 4.5 units of biochemistry, but the biochemistry course at my school is only 4 units. I called them and they said I have to take an additional class of biochemistry, but all that's offered is advanced level stuff. Did anyone else have this issue when applying?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what time the gym on campus opens and closes each day?

I'm having trouble finding a schedule for it online

Any recommendations for gym memberships in KC? I'm looking for a place that is pretty advanced (but not like crossfit or anything) and has good hours.

I'm currently applying to this campus for the upcoming cycle and it has strange prerequisites for people who went to a school on a quarter-system. It says it wants 4.5 units of biochemistry, but the biochemistry course at my school is only 4 units. I called them and they said I have to take an additional class of biochemistry, but all that's offered is advanced level stuff. Did anyone else have this issue when applying?
is there a lab you can take with the class to make it 4.5 units of biochem?

Members don't see this ad :)
My big ended up being a good friend of mine from Undergrad (I stayed at his place during my interview in KC). Pretty stoke about that.

Reactions: 3 users

I came from a quarter system and only took the lower-division/basic version of Biochem that my school offered. The day I got my ii for KCU, I was notified that my biochem was still a "missing prereq" (I needed only 1 more quarter-hour worth). I had already graduated so I couldn't really take any other classes. I talked to the admissions coordinator on interview day and she said a bunch of people had the same issue so she'd see if she could use one of my other classes to fill that one needed hour. For me, my Cell Bio upper-div class I took fulfilled the requirement.

I came from a quarter system and only took the lower-division/basic version of Biochem that my school offered. The day I got my ii for KCU, I was notified that my biochem was still a "missing prereq" (I needed only 1 more quarter-hour worth). I had already graduated so I couldn't really take any other classes. I talked to the admissions coordinator on interview day and she said a bunch of people had the same issue so she'd see if she could use one of my other classes to fill that one needed hour. For me, my Cell Bio upper-div class I took fulfilled the requirement.

Oh, alright. I took an upper-division Cell Biology lecture and lab. Do you think I should still submit my application in? The person on the phone told me I have to take another biochemistry class, but I have graduated as well. I have tried emailing them about the biochemistry course, but have yet to hear a response.

Oh, alright. I took an upper-division Cell Biology lecture and lab. Do you think I should still submit my application in? The person on the phone told me I have to take another biochemistry class, but I have graduated as well. I have tried emailing them about the biochemistry course, but have yet to hear a response.

You'd be better off calling them again. I've noticed sometimes they get back quick sometimes it takes over a week.

So did they change orientation week to Aug 4th? Does this mean out White coat ceremony is on a different date?

So did they change orientation week to Aug 4th? Does this mean out White coat ceremony is on a different date?

It sounded like they just changed the baseball game to that date? Although that'd be nice though lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Do they even have regular iPads now? I thought they were all pros or airs

Apple released a new iteration called the "iPad." It's basically a budget iPad - a9 processor with air 1 body and old display tech. It's similar to the move Apple made with the iPhone SE.

Fairly certain we get pros and they made a typo. Under suggested it has the keyboard and pen which don't work with the regular iPads.

You think? That'd be great, but they may have meant just buy some random stylus ha

Apple released a new iteration called the "iPad." It's basically a budget iPad - a9 processor with air 1 body and old display tech. It's similar to the move Apple made with the iPhone SE.

I'm betting on this one. It is nice we get 5 uses of Microsoft office though

I was recently accepted off the waitlist! So excited to meet everyone. How are we supposed to submit the Arbitration Agreement and the Technical Standards form? Its due May 22nd. Should I sign it and mail it in? They didn't provide an address.

Reactions: 2 users
The technology information says you'll be getting the 9.7 inch iPad, not the 9.7 inch iPad Pro. I'm pretty sure in the recommendations they mean to buy a stylus for your iPad, not buy the iPen. If you want a stylus recommendation, I can tell you which one works pretty well. Keyboard is personal preference, however.

The technology information says you'll be getting the 9.7 inch iPad, not the 9.7 inch iPad Pro. I'm pretty sure in the recommendations they mean to buy a stylus for your iPad, not buy the iPen. If you want a stylus recommendation, I can tell you which one works pretty well. Keyboard is personal preference, however.

Didn't last years class get pros??

I was recently accepted off the waitlist! So excited to meet everyone. How are we supposed to submit the Arbitration Agreement and the Technical Standards form? Its due May 22nd. Should I sign it and mail it in? They didn't provide an address.
I just signed it scanned it and then emailed it to admissions and they sent me an email acknowledging it's receipt a day or so later.

Reactions: 1 user
We def don't get pros just regular iPads, last year's class got airs I believe. The regular iPad replaces the air series as I believe the air line is being discontinued.
If that's the case, which keyboard will work with the ipad? I knew which one to get with the pro, but now im lost XD

If that's the case, which keyboard will work with the ipad? I knew which one to get with the pro, but now im lost XD

Any bluetooth keyboard works! A lot of us got the keyboards that Apple makes for their desktop computers, but there are several other way cheaper options as well!

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me answer a couple of questions about Loans at KCU?-I've logged onto net partner and accepted maximum amounts of my grad plus and stafford loans however my parents recently said that they might be able to help me out by giving me an interest free loan for my living expenses. If that's the case, would I be able to cancel the gradplus loan or something even though I've already accepted my award or do i just have to take it now that i've accepted the award? Any clarification would be greatly appreciated (also is there somewhere I can read about the loans that i've accepted?-I've read all the info provided from financial aid and can't really find anything about what you would do if you didn't need all of the loan money disbursed to you or if you didn't need the awards you previously accepted)

This is gonna sound like a really silly question.

But how active do you feel your social life is while at KCU?