Kansas City University (KCU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone actually use all 500 words for the essays? I'm at like 200 for each and if I add anymore I feel like I would be rambling.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone actually use all 500 words for the essays? I'm at like 200 for each and if I add anymore I feel like I would be rambling.

Is there a word limit?? I'm still drafting but I must have missed it, whoops looks like I've got some more editing to do lol.

There's not a limit but they recommend 500 words or less.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
There's not a limit but they recommend 500 words or less.

Thank you! Probably best to follow their recommendations anyways

And to answer your question my first one is right around 500 words the other two are around 200!

Mine were around the same length. I think my longest was like 270 words.

for those who have submitted the secondary: did you receive a confirmation email for the supplemental submission or just a confirmation email for the payment?

has anyone NOT received the secondary?

Reactions: 1 users
for those who have submitted the secondary: did you receive a confirmation email for the supplemental submission or just a confirmation email for the payment?
Only payment confirmation so far, submitted secondary yesterday

I had an initial wave of good news early on, but now I feel like every other school has forgotten about me! :arghh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Same! Just now. I didn't think I would make the cut.

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted.
Should be my last one (20 total school submissions).

:clap:

Reactions: 3 users
Hey how do you guys approach the first essay question...lol

Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essay prompts when available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying!
Can someone post the prompts for those who haven't received the secondary?

Can someone post the prompts for those who haven't received the secondary?

Please describe the environment in which you will be a successful osteopathic medical student. You may wish to include: preferred learning style, the leadership style you best respond to or any other information you deem pertinent.

Describe a time when you had to prioritize multiple obligations in order to be successful.

Describe a time when you experienced failure. What did you learn about yourself from this experience?

Hey how do you guys approach the first essay question...lol
I talked about effective, well structured lectures, and the overall atmosphere of Kansas City being advantageous to the transition to med school life

Secondary finally submitted :banana:

STILL no secondary here.

In my signature.
I am in the same boat; No secondary, similar stats, received II elsewhere. I called and spoke with admissions who said that I would be hearing "this week" about "an admissions decision."
I wonder if I have a red flag or missed a requirement. Time will tell. A pre-secondary rejection would be unfortunate.

Just called. Apparently they never got my primary. Time to investigate.

EDIT: Awkward. Apparently I never selected it in AACOMAS. I even pre-wrote all the essays. Weird.

Last edited:
I am about to submit my secondary, but I am a bit worried about something: I have 3 excellent letters of recommendation (1 MD, 2 science), but they are dated around January of 2015. They are in my interfolio.

According to the website: "In addition, recommendation/evaluation letters have a maximum acceptable life span – they must have been written within two years prior to the prospective student's matriculation. (For example: If you are applying to enter KCU-COM during the 2013-2014 academic year, letters must be dated after August 2011.)"

Has anybody had any experience with KCUMB being lenient with this for cases where you have been out of school, or cannot get these letters again easily?

I am about to submit my secondary, but I am a bit worried about something: I have 3 excellent letters of recommendation (1 MD, 2 science), but they are dated around January of 2015. They are in my interfolio.

According to the website: "In addition, recommendation/evaluation letters have a maximum acceptable life span – they must have been written within two years prior to the prospective student's matriculation. (For example: If you are applying to enter KCU-COM during the 2013-2014 academic year, letters must be dated after August 2011.)"

Has anybody had any experience with KCUMB being lenient with this for cases where you have been out of school, or cannot get these letters again easily?

This is def something I would call admissions at KCU and ask so that they can let you know directly!

Just got a "complete and under review" email. It said I should hear back in four weeks max. :happy:

Hm so if I submitted yesterday, I assume maybe I'll get the complete email tomorrow!

I submitted yesterday morning and received email

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Am I the only person who is able to access the interview scheduling option on their website? I just submitted my sescondary yesterday and they just sent an email saying they received it, nothing about inviting me to interview.

Am I the only person who is able to access the interview scheduling option on their website? I just submitted my sescondary yesterday and they just sent an email saying they received it, nothing about inviting me to interview.

Me too. Are we doing this??

I believe we have II but it the dates haven't been entered yet, but I really am not sure.
I don't think that's true unless we're the only ones with this. There's no way they reviewed my secondary yet because I just submitted it yesterday.

They must be looking at apps... I just got some weird promotional email... Not quite a secondary invite though...

Sent from my LG-D950 using SDN mobile

I like this, if it's true. It does say "Congratulations!"

Don't mind me. I just like to be pessimistic about these kinds of things so I don't feel as bad when I'm right and I get a pleasant surprise when I'm wrong, lol.

Wait, I just logged out and logged back in and it was available... Should we email adcoms?

I'm actually wondering if the fact that your portal changed between logins is a good sign? Like maybe they are in the process of updating the portal?

I'm actually wondering if the fact that your portal changed between logins is a good sign? Like maybe they are in the process of updating the portal?

I did the log out log back in thing and its appearing for me now too, part of me wants it to be true but i have a strong feelings its just a tech mishap.

it even lets me get to the scheduling screen, where there is no open dates as of right now